Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning, House. :)

Marisa ~ Congratulations on being a 'new' aunt!  Your new table sounds great - I know you'll be thrilled when it's in your office!

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're enjoying your walks - fall is such a beautiful time of year.  Our leaves are just beginning to fall, so a lot of raking isn't too far away.  I can't wait to see your new fabrics and plans for them!

Judy ~ Yes!  Getting out for a while is a good thing. :yes   Enjoy your day!

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

DH's appt. went fine. (easy for me to say ;))   He just has to keep from chewing on one side for a while.  He requested oatmeal and scrambled eggs for breakfast, so his appetite is good. :lol  I crocheted 1/3 of a scarf while in the waiting room!  BBL :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello ladies. Sunny here, but very cold. It was around 25 degrees out last time I looked.

I've spent all my spare time this week decluttering. I'm working on the basement again today. Specifically books. Our entire family are avid readers and we have hundreds of books. I went through my books and a big pile of children's books and cleared quite a bit of shelf space. Dd and dh will have to do their own. I kept the kids books that I think have enduring qualities and a few that are from my childhood. Did anyone besides me read the Betsy, Tacy, and Tib" books by Maud Hart Lovelace? They were very old fashioned already when I read them, and I still own a few of them. I have a pile of kids books for my DD's to go through. Ds had his all in his room and I assume that he plans to move them to his new house.

I'm just about to sit and either knit a bit, or work on a half finished crocheted baby blanket. I don't have to cook dinner tonight. The church youth group is having a fund raising dinner tonight, so that's where we will be eating.

Oh dear, I just had a thought...eventually my decluttering will get to my yarn and fabric stashes.......wonder what I will do about them?

Hi, from the very cold South.  It got down to the low 20's late night.  Lots of frost on the cars and ice on any standing water outside.  It was sooo cold walking Sweet Pea this morning.  Warmed a bit during the day, but it's been rapidly dropping ever since the sun set.  I bought a pair of gloves while at work.  

Oh dear, I just had a thought...eventually my decluttering will get to my yarn and fabric stashes.......wonder what I will do about them?

I decluttered my stash at JC's demand year before last and have been working on rebuilding it ever since.  It was NOT a good move on my part, but at least I saved all the special yarns.

I just turned on the heat in the apartment. I can feel a cold current near the windows and I can't cope with the cold like I used to.   :(   My arthritic joints really ache severely when it's like this.

flyby...

Stay warm everyone

Linda - we have the same temps here this morning! If you can find the source of the draft maybe a plastic trash bag can seal it? Or even clear packing tape, which I've used on occasion. I remember how that guy ruled you...still makes me angry to think about it! Are you out of basics or bright colors? Happy stash building!!!  :clap  :cheer  :clap

BBL :hug

Good Thursday morning, everyone. :autumn

Judy ~ How is the painting coming along?  Did you have a good shopping trip yesterday?

Linda ~ We're very cold here, too.  Yesterday morning was 24*!  Stay warm. :manyheart

Hi to everyone at the House. :)

DH has two appointments today - one for work and the other is our doctor.  We're going to have lunch in between and  maybe this scarf will be finished while I'm waiting for him. :yes  Thank goodness for take along projects!

Have a good day! :ghug

Hey, Mary - Painter is chugging along! A buttercream above chair rail and a tan underneath - room only gets afternoon sun - and on a slant, at that, so it will be  a welcome and cozy look. Esp with the plants, etc in the room. Will take pics :)

I went to a place called Susan Greene at the Market Place and scored a nice bag: shoulder strap  and a big sac with great long zipper. Lightweight, too - perfect and just what I had in mind!

And only 25 dollars :D

Good morning.  Oops!  Afternoon now.  It was even colder last night.   :wbrr   There was frost still on the grass at 11:00 this morning when I took Sweet Pea for a walk, as well as still on the cars.  It was all gone by then yesterday.  Didn't want to get out of my nice warm bed this morning although I finally did.  This will be quick as I have to work this afternoon.

Judy, the colors sound marvelous for the dining room and great score on the handbag.

I pulled out a quilt of my mom's to cover up with in the living room and that took care of the draft problem.   :)

Hope you all have a great Thursday.   :manyheart

Hi all,

Looks like many of us are enduring these cold temperatures! Thank goodness for nice warm afghans!!! And hats, gloves and scarves! (and how fun to have made many of the ones I wear) 

Judy- The colors sound wonderful! Great score on the bag from Susan Greene! I treated myself to a new Vera cross body bag with my birthday coupon but still haven't  used it . And my DH had bought me a small Coach bag at the outlet when we had gone to New Hope and then the outlets back in September.  It's perfect for just carrying a few things when we are out and about and it is a crossbody bag as well. It's always nice to find exactly what you had in mind!

Linda- Glad you figured out that the quilt would solve the draft problem. Hope your day at work went well.

Mary- Did you get the scarf done while waiting for DH? Hope all went well with his appointments

Cindy- I agree with Mary: yarn and fabric never count as "clutter."  And lordy knows I have a lot --of yarn that is!! Saw a post on FB today that said You know you're obsessed with yarn when you have more yarn than shoes! :lol

Have a good night everyone!!!

Hi Ladies,

We have been here and gone again this week. I did 12 mini loaves of banana bread made last night and some laundry done to. I'm going to make some more banana bread tomorrow to. I got an email back from the lady on the hat. I don't know if I can figure it out or not. I got a call from the company who sent me my traction unit. They wanted to know how it was working and I told them it's still in the box unopened. I told her everything that has been going on and she said let me check. She said I was approved for the unit. So I had her send me a copy of the letter. I'm happy about that. Hubby went to his VA group counseling this afternoon and I went shopping. I found a Goodwill right down the street. I picked me up 3 shirts. Eventually I should have enough to leave some in Texas. I also picked up 3 pieces of a Christmas Village for 4.00. Then

I went to Kroger's (grocery store) and picked up are turkey for my family Christmas dinner. It was almost 21 lbs at 69 cents a lb and cost me 14.41.

I dropped hubby off at his ex's house so he could see her and his daughter. Linda isn't doing any more chemo. She has gone home to die. The doctors can't say how much time she has left. They said the cancer is in the fluid around her brain and not in it. SD is taking care of her Mom. They have hospice there.

I hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Had a quiet day but some good sales so not too bad a day overall.  It looks to be shaping up to be another really cold night tonight.  Yuck!  It's too early for this here.

I'm going to Michael's tomorrow.  I will look for stitch markers for one thing and they are having a really good sale, so make pick some more yarn up, too.  I had to frog that pattern again after lousing up the pattern yet again.  If the stitch markers don't work to me on track, I'll probably give up on it.  It's such a nice pattern, just having more trouble with it than it may be worth.  I got rid of a lot of my RHSS, so have very little of that on hand anymore and it's still one of my "go to" yarns both for quality and versatility.

Good Morning All!!   Brrrrrr, it's been really cold here--way too cold for me!

It's been another horrible week.  I'm so ready for another job. I'm sooo very tired of all the drama and stress.  Had meetings two evenings this week and I have one next week.  At least I get to have a couple of hours off today, no overtime since I'm salaried, not hourly, paid. 

Got one afghan together, just need to do the edging around it.  Now to get the second one put together.  Hope to start on it tomorrow after the boys leave.  They will be here tonight and we have a karate "fun" night.  It's Ninja Night--so it will be fun for them and I'll just take my crochet and work on some texting gloves--thanks Joanne for the link.

Well, I'd better go make my lunch and get ready for another long and stressful day.  Hugs to all and STAY WARM!!!!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Wednesday was kind of busy, but not patient busy.  I had a network luncheon during the day, only 1 patient in the afternoon and then met Steph and some girlfriends for dinner.  Then I had a couple drinks with a guy, yes...I guess it counts as a date! Ugh....I hate the whole dating thing :lol  Anyhow, it went well but not sure yet how I feel about this dude :think  Yesterday was a lazy day because I didn't have any patients so I did laundry, which took several hours, and did a little crafting while watching the CMA's from a couple weeks ago.  My neighbor came across a baby cardigan that was her daughter's with her name embroidered on it and asked if I'd be able to put her new granddaughter's name on it to for a sentimental Christmas gift.  So I worked on that and it came out great if I do say so myself!  Then I came to the office and didn't really have paperwork even to do so I worked on Brad's hunting gloves that need to get done....I only have 3 fingers left.  In the evening I had the bowling league and I even broke 100 on the 3rd game!  Funny thing is, my team is just there to have fun but because of our handicap (we're really just not good) we're actually in 2nd place! :rofl

Judy - I can't wait to see finished pics, how did your shopping go?

Joanne - I feel like I can 'hear' the happiness in your posts!

Linda - I like to kick through the leaves too....they are just laying there asking for it!

Cindy - Sounds like you're making great progress....looks like you'll have to do more crafting in order to 'declutter' the crafting supplies....

Mary - How did the appointments go?

Marlene - Now I'm salivating for banana bread!

Sherry - Sorry to hear about your job being so stressful!  But, WTG on your ghans!

Hello everyone. I spent today cleaning at DD's place, grocery shopping, and now I'm doing laundry. I don't feel well, but I'm not really very sick. Just really tired and congested. Dh asked if I wanted to go out to dinner, but I declined. I'm going to make a big pot of chicken noodle soup instead, Dh is glad I wanted to stay home. He was hoping to rake leaves, and since it's supposed to rain tomorrow, he needs to work on them today.

More decluttering happening here. I'm working on cookbooks. I have hundreds of them, but these days you can find pretty much any recipe you want online, so mine don't see much use anymore. I'm going to keep the ones I use and those with sentimental value, but the rest will be donated. I've already filled two boxes with them, and there are still a lot that I haven't looked at.

It's drizzling rain today and feels very raw out.  I went to the bank, to Big Lots for snacks and yarn, to a little Chinese restaurant for late lunch, and to Michaels where I got more yarn, stitch markers, and gloves.  Walked Sweet Pea and am in for the night, except for a quick Sweet Pea potty break just before bed.  My joints are killing me, they hurt so much.  Yuck!

It's the weekend!!! Woot!!!

The week went well! This weekend will be fun- DD is coming down from Boston tomorrow afternoon and then we'll spend the afternoon/evening with DD and the boys. Sunday is Robbie's christening and my brothers and sister-in -laws are coming! It'll be a nice family weekend!

Linda- Sorry about your joints aching! Hugs!!

Sherry- I can totally relate to the stressful job! I have had more people come up to me and tell me how much calmer I seem!  Best move I made- even if it did involve a pay cut. I am salaried also and all those hours I worked on the project- were not compensated for. (secretly hoping that there will be a bonus of some sort, but not counting on it). I'm really glad I made the decision to take on a less demanding job!

Cindy- Wow- you sure have been on a cleaning/de-cluttering blitz. Chicken soup is perfect when you don't feel well. When I came down with my cold, that's what I made and it made me feel better (psychologically anyway). Take it easy!

Judy- Are the painters done?

Marisa- It'll be interesting to see what comes of your 'date' . Sounds like you have been busy with your hook!!

Marlene- YUM- banana bread!!! You sure have been baking up a storm!

Mary- How's things in your neck of the woods? Did you see the boys today?

Think I"ll put a load of laundry on so I can get the cleaning done in the morning before it's time to pick up DD!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Have a great weekend with all the family. Be sure and get pictures of all of you. Your post sound so laid back. Your bp is probably down to.

Sherry, Sorry work isn't getting any better. Enjoy the night and tomorrow with the grandsons. Way to go on the afghan.

Judy, It sounds like you got a good deal on your new bag. Is the painter done?

Marisa, You've been busy crocheting. Hope your male friend hangs around for awhile or longer. Have fun!

Cindy, Chicken soup sounds really good. We had chili tonight. Hope you feel better tomorrow. You sure have been doing a lot of decluttering lately.

Linda, Hope you found lots of bargains today. Hope the rain don't hang around to long and you quit hurting. DS was telling me he seen online you could use bubble wrap on your windows instead of plastic. You spray the window with water and put the bubble wrap on bubble side on the glass. I hadn't heard of it before but I was on pinterest today and seen it. His gf moved upstairs to a different apartment and it has old windows in it. I'll let you know if they try it.

Mary, Good for you being on top of the books so no one will question all your hard work. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

I'm watching the kids tonight. DS had a game to ref tonight. I made the another 12 mini loaves of banana bread today. I worked on the hat. I frogged 1 round and added it and another round. My hand hurts after all those fpdtr.  Some craft shows going on tomorrow so I just may go check some out. I haven't been in a few years. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Your banana bread sounds so good, Marlene.  

Sherry ~ I'm so sorry you are still having such a hard at work.  They don't realize what a good employee they have.  If you leave they will find out the hard way, that's for sure.

Well, Cindy, I've got the shawl using your scarf pattern started yet again.  I've got green and purple stitch markers after every four stitches now.  If that doesn't work I don't know what will help me.  I like the pattern, but keeping it going seems to be so hard for me.  I do okay for a while, but if I put it down for a while, I seem to quickly mess it up when I start in again.   :reyes

Good very early morning :(   I have been up for a very long time.  Now even the littlest GS is up (and has been for a while).  Oh well, may be a nap in my future today LOL.

Had a great time last night at Ninja Night.  The boys had lots of fun and it was fun watching all the kids trying to new things.  Little man scored 12 points on star throwing--his first time to do it--oldest one got 6 points but he was trying too hard.  We'll go back for karate lessons today and do some grocery shopping in between the lessons.  Little man's is at 10:15 and oldest is at noon, so we have an hour to kill and there's an Aldi's in the same shopping center where they are.  Then I can come home and relax after the boys leave.

Joanne - hope you get a bonus!  That would be great for you. Enjoy your family weekend!  Got some fingerless gloves made last night!  Thanks again for the link.

Linda - thanks for your kind words.  I've been asked to let some others know if I plan to leave as they don't want me to but I have to do what is best for me and my family.  Hope you're feeling better today.

Marlene - hope you find some really neat things if you go to the craft shows.  Hope your hand quits hurting soon.  Banana bread sounds sooooo good.  Haven't made any in a long time.

Well, I'd better go find some coffee and try to get warm!  Everyone have a great Saturday!!  Hugs to all of you!!

Your banana bread sounds so good, Marlene.  

Sherry ~ I'm so sorry you are still having such a hard at work.  They don't realize what a good employee they have.  If you leave they will find out the hard way, that's for sure.

Well, Cindy, I've got the shawl using your scarf pattern started yet again.  I've got green and purple stitch markers after every four stitches now.  If that doesn't work I don't know what will help me.  I like the pattern, but keeping it going seems to be so hard for me.  I do okay for a while, but if I put it down for a while, I seem to quickly mess it up when I start in again.   :reyes

Linda, I had a hard time with the pattern at first too, even though it's quite easy. I used a lifeline so I didn't have to start over when I messed up. I did not use markers, and at first I spent quite a bit of time counting stitches so that I knew where I was. I still "talk" to myself when I work on it: slip, two together, knit, knit, slip, two together, etc.

The other pattern I'm using is actually easier, even though it's a two row repeat. One row is mostly straight purling.

Good morning. Cold and gloomy here, it's really looking like winter, although it's supposed to hit 60 again on Sunday. I'm not quite ready for really cold weather. For one thing, all my coats are two sizes too big.

My feeling kinda sick has turned into a doozy of a cold. I haven't had a bad cold in a couple of years, so I guess it's about time. Dh will be working on leaves if he gets out there before it rains. I got laundry and vacuuming done yesterday, so most of the rest of the cleaning could wait if I don't feel up to it. I will probably clean the bathrooms and dust today. Might do some more cookbook decluttering as well. And of course there is my crocheting and knitting to keep me entertained.

Sherry, I'm so sorry that work is still so awful. At some point that stress is bound to catch up with you in some way. I hope you find some other path. At least you have your dgs's to have fun with.

Joanne, it's so nice to hear from you regularly again. Your family weekend sounds lovely. Hope you have a great time.

Judy, are the painters finished? Any more projects on the horizon? Your new bag sounds great. I'm partial to cross body bags. I feel like I'm always struggling to keep a regular shoulder bag in place.

Marlene, I love craft shows. I haven't heard of any around here yet, but I'm sure they are starting. The only problem with craft shows is that they give me a lot of ideas for new projects, most of which I will start and never finish.

Marisa, good to hear from you again as well. You certainly keep busy, what with work, and your busy social life. How is your mom doing?

Mary, now that the estate sale is behind you, is your life settling down? Is dh doing well with working from home? How are the two little guys doing? Growing like weeds, I'd guess!

Have a good day ladies.

Hi ladies!!

Linda, stay warm.

Cindy - I love chicken soup. I hope you don't come down with anything.

Painter is done - and we still have lots to clean because of the sanding he did. It's subtle but light and cozy. Not an "in your face" color. Suits us - though we may want to deepen the under chair rail color down the road. It's a huge improvement! Right now DH is dusting and vacuuming the man cave (living room) where we spent 5 days.....  Nice to not be rushed in the morning.

Have a good day my friends. Later I'll post a couple of pics so you can see where I spend most of my time. Colors won't be true, of course, but you'll get the idea.

Aw, Cindy - stay cozy and get well fast. Forgot to comment on the cookbooks. I have a few I regularly use - otherwise DH lookson the net and prints out stuff for me!

The new bag is long enough to wear cross body - unfortunately it does slide off my shoulder of my winter coat when I wear it. Oh, well.... :P   I still love it - holds alot!

Good Saturday to all of you.  I have to get ready for work soon.  The shop is closed Thanksgiving day, Christmas day, and New Year's day so I have those days off.  Don't get paid, but have the day to myself.

Judy, I can't wait to see the pictures.  It sounds so nice.

Archived