Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Since the sleet last night around 10:00 pm we've had rain, rain, and more rain.  The ground a soggy, boggy mess by this morning and it didn't get any better as the day progressed.  Sidewalks and parking lots were rivers.  It was impossible to go out and not get my feet soaked.  I ran my errands and got my haircut, too, while I was out.  I went to Goodwill and took off my sweatshirt to try on some jackets and sweaters and lost it somewhere in the store.  I searched and searched for it and then enlisted the help of several sales clerks.  After much searching they found it!  I was soooo happy.  I got myself several long sleeved shirts and 3 more sweatshirts while I was there.  They really went the extra mile for me.

I got home and saw the weather report.  Ohhhh, noooooo!  :eek  More rain changing to SNOW by morning.   :flake  And we aren't even supposed to get out of the 30's tomorrow.  And the wind is to pick up to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.  This is too soon!  We're at least a month early for these shinanigans.  And that's according to the weather man.  I don't like this!   :wbrr

Wishing you a safe trip to your parent's house, Marisa.  Hopefully you are already safely there by now.

Hope all of you up North are staying safe and warm.   :ghug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I would go nuts not being able to read the newspaper for a week.

Marisa, I think you made the right move with the boyfriend. If he will get that drunk the first time meeting your friends he probably drinks like that more often then you know. On to the next one. Have a great visit with your parents.

Judy, It sounds like you had a great time with your GD. I'm so happy for you.

Cindy, Your going to have to go back to work to rest. lol

Joanne, Glad DH likes his scarf.

I'm asking for prayers for my great niece. She was bullied at school yesterday and ended up with two broken arms. She went to ER and they had to sedate her to reset them. Tomorrow she has to go see a surgeon.

The weather cooperated and driving was a breeze. But we are suppose to get some snow tonight and tomorrow. Schools in are area were on a 2 hour delay due to icy roads this morning.

We stopped by and seen SD today. She's doing pretty good. Karli could use some prayers to. She is being given steroids so as to not deliver the baby yet. The doctor said it is to dangerous for the baby to born now. She goes back in two weeks to see they helped. Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday!

Marlene, I agree with Cindy.  Two broken arms and having to see a surgeon to fix them goes way, way beyond mere bullying.  Were the police called?  If not, they should have been.  And still can be.  That's assault and the person who did it needs to be aware of it, as do their parents, whether it was another child or not.  This is serious.  And the "bully" needs treatment.  For anger management at the very least.

On another note, I just finished repairing the holiday table clothe for Andrea and it was a bogger-bear to do.  You can spot two of the repair spots but not all the rest of them.  I'm glad it's done and a day early at that.   :P

Good morning. Cold here today, but not snowing. It even looks pretty bright. It would be a nice day for a walk, if only I could find my boots.

Dd finished moving into her new place yesterday. That was a lot of work for all of us. Her place is just beautiful though. She is about 10 minutes from us, but that puts her much closer to work, shopping, school, etc. She is less than a block from the library which is good, since her internet might not be installed until next week, and she uses it a lot for homework.

My plans for today include a bit of laundry and some cleaning. I'm not getting too carried away with that though, I'm having Thanksgiving dinner here and those 5 grandsons will be here. They aren't any messier than other kids, but they can undo a morning of housework in the "twinkling of an eye!" Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dh and I will also have dinner with his parents. My fil is too frail to go out much, so we will cook a dinner for them, and then eat with them at their home in the evening.

Well, better get moving.............

Good Wednesday morning, all. :)  Everyone sounds busy!  For those of you having some winter weather - stay safe and warm. :manyheart

We've had a busy couple of days, too and I'm looking forward to staying home all day.  The desk and laundry are calling...better get back to it. 

Have a wonderful day, friends. :yes

Cindy- I know what you mean about the cleaning- and then having 5 boys over to undo it all! LOL. I'm not going to go crazy with the cleaning either- I'll run the vacuum only because Robbie is crawling all over the place. I'm looking forward to a nice fun day with the boys!

Linda- WTG on finishing the repair job---and a day early at that!!!

Mary, Marlene, Judy, Marisa, and all my friends- wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving---and I'm very thankful for all of you! :ghug

Oh, man was it cold this morning and the wind was wicked.  It's supposed to get down to 18 or 19 degrees tonight.  YUCK!!!!  And still cold tomorrow during the day.  And then back into the low 20s both of the next two to three nights.  Not fun!

Thinking of all of you and wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.  

Marlene - please have someone to check to see if the authorities were called--I know here it has to be reported to the police if the child is a minor.  I pray that she will be ok.

Joanne - hope things are going well with you.

Marisa - sorry about the date but doesn't sound like he's a keeper.

Linda - hope you stay nice and warm!!!  It's still cold here, no yucky stuff just cold and a very stiff (40 mph) wind from the north.  Could someone please shut the back door?????

Mary - Hope things are going well for you this holiday.

Note to self - NEVER go to Walmart the day before Thanksgiving to buy a few things--was there over an hour!

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving all my dear friends!!

The turkey is in the oven and the table is set. I decided to take out the 'good' china today! Even though it'll only be DD, the boys, DH and I, I felt like being fancy today!

I'm very thankful for all of you and wish the best to all of you today!

Hugs!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!  :pilgrim Wishing you and yours have a wonderful day.  Among the things I'm thankful for is all my friends at Crochetville.  I feel truly blessed to have you all in my life.  Your encouragement and support have kept me going when times were tough.  Love you all.  :ghug 

It was super still this morning and frost covered every car, every leaf, and every blade of grass.  It actually feels warmer than yesterday, but I think a lot of that is the absence of even a breath of a breeze.

I've got the cheddar cheese puffs in the oven.  The dough tastes good.  And they smell good.  Now to get the brownies and maccaroni & cheese started.  Dinner is at 2:00 or so.  I found a couple of places in the tablecloth that are about to let go, so will fix those before going over.  I can only find one of my fixes and that's because I know what to look for.  I'm rather proud of the job I did.   :manyheart    

Hi Ladies,                                                                   

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Day!  The turkey is in the roaster. Yesterday I made pumpkin pie and pink salad. DD asked me to make sweet potato pie today. :tdance

I'm thankful for my crochetville friends to. :ghug

The display of food today was truly awesome.  I'm still stuffed to the gills. :lol

I was doing okay until Rosie and Candy decided to run to Belk's for ONE thing.  What a mad house!!!!!  And then we went on to Walmart!  They weren't as busy, but I am now totally bushed.

Wishing you all well.   :manyheart

Good Friday morning, ladies. :)   I hope everyone has had a nice Thanksgiving.  We had a wonderful time with DD and her DH's family.  Zach got to try everything from crab claws to stuffing, but his favorite was their mac and cheese. :lol   It was strange not to be cooking and having the wonderful smells in our kitchen, though - hope to do that for Christmas.

Is anyone going to go shopping today?  Not me! ;)

Will check in later.  Have a great morning! :manyheart

Good morning ladies. Lots of snow on the ground here.

Mary, in previous years I have gone shopping on Black Friday with my DD's and my sister in law, who loves to shop. SIL did not come to visit this year, and dd has moved out, so I'm not going shopping. I dislike shopping at the best of times, and I especially hate it when it's so crowded. I'm not ruling out a little online shopping though.

It's my weekend to work, so I'd better get busy and get some things done around here. I may be back later, nothing much planned for today.

good morning, my friends!

Mary, it must have been fun with the kids! Joanne, you, too! :manyheart  :manyheart

No shopping here, either - not that I have any to do, anyway. DS says cash never goes out of style (he's still paying down his x-ray equipment) and DH would rather give than receive.

Speaking of receiving: DS was here for dinner and he brought me any early Birthday and Christmas present. He got it a month ago and couldn't bring himself to hold onto it any longer.

It's the iPad Air :bounce

He watched me navigate it and was impressed :lol

Cindy ~ I hope you can relax a bit today, after hosting dinner yesterday and with working this weekend coming up. :yes

Judy ~ How exciting!  DD got one for her DH for Christmas and showed it to me last week.  Very cool! :yay

Better late than never...the Hexagon throw (54" by 46") and the latest scarves. :)

post-10699-0-99059800-1385739335_thumb.jpgpost-10699-0-68181100-1385739361_thumb.jpg

Good morning,

I did do some Black Friday shopping this morning headed to B&N because they had buy one get one50% off on the educational toys and DD and I had picked out what she wanted for R&R last week. It wasn't crazy at all.. I also got some of the soaps at Bath and Body work for 2.50 ea. I was home before DH even woke up! LOL

My middle DD is here today- she is doing her laundry and also visiting.

I was planning to go to the new yarn store today, but when DD called, that put those plans on hold. I'll take any snippet of time with her that I can!

Judy- What a great gift!! You will have hours of fun with it. I love my ipad mini I got- and use it alot! I've been eyeing the 'air', but can't justify yet another toy. LOL

Mary- Glad you had a great time with the boys. I did too!!! Nothing like little ones around!

Gotta go... DD is calling.....

Cindy ~ I hope you can relax a bit today, after hosting dinner yesterday and with working this weekend coming up. :yes

Judy ~ How exciting!  DD got one for her DH for Christmas and showed it to me last week.  Very cool! :yay

Better late than never...the Hexagon throw (54" by 46") and the latest scarves. :)

attachicon.gif000_0063.JPGattachicon.gif000_0068.JPG

Gorgeous projects!

Sounds like lots of fun with families yesterday.  The dinner at Rosie's was awesome.  Rosie and Candy wanted to go to Belk last night for a couple of really great specials.  It was a zoo!  Not my kind of fun shopping.  Rosie managed to lose herself, so Candy and I had to search the store for her.  We finally connected, but I was frustrated.  Then they decided to go to Walmart, too.  That wasn't nearly as bad, but the big rush was already over there, that started at 6:00.  I hurt sooo bad by the time I got home from all the walking.  Not sure it was worth it.

Quilting is on today's agenda with supper of leftovers at Rosie's.

Mary, those projects are just beautiful.

Judy, I had to smile at your ds not wanting to wait to give you that great gift. Remember when our kids were little and watching their excitement when they opened their gifts? Well, it sounds just like that, only it's the child wanting to see the parents excitement.

I got an iPad mini for Christmas last year and then in January I got the regular size iPad. I love them both. I use the mini mostly for reading, and the iPad for web browsing. Over the past few years I've gotten a laptop computer, an ordinary Kindle with 3G, a Kindle fire, a Nook color and an iPhone. ( not to mention that robot vacuum) I don't think even the techno geeks in my family could think of a gadget that I still need. They are handy for when each grandson wants their own to play games, but I could get by with the iPad mini and my laptop. Maybe the regular Kindle for using outside in summer too.

Linda, how did your gluten free recipes turn out? Dd has a very good friend who us severely gluten intolerant, so we have tried a number of recipes with mixed results.

Cindy I just installed our cable tv app I on the iPad and it's such fun! You sound like me with gadgets. The only thing left is a laptop and that won't happen till one of our desktop computers dies. I like using this to read but for outside reading and portability it's definitely the basic Kindle.

Mary, yup....real role reversal!

Linda, I can feel for you. Last night every joint in my body hurt, including every joint in both hands. Much better today, and I hope the same is true for you.

Mary, those projects are just beautiful.

Judy, I had to smile at your ds not wanting to wait to give you that great gift. Remember when our kids were little and watching their excitement when they opened their gifts? Well, it sounds just like that, only it's the child wanting to see the parents excitement.

I got an iPad mini for Christmas last year and then in January I got the regular size iPad. I love them both. I use the mini mostly for reading, and the iPad for web browsing. Over the past few years I've gotten a laptop computer, an ordinary Kindle with 3G, a Kindle fire, a Nook color and an iPhone. ( not to mention that robot vacuum) I don't think even the techno geeks in my family could think of a gadget that I still need. They are handy for when each grandson wants their own to play games, but I could get by with the iPad mini and my laptop. Maybe the regular Kindle for using outside in summer too.

Linda, how did your gluten free recipes turn out? Dd has a very good friend who us severely gluten intolerant, so we have tried a number of recipes with mixed results.

Do you used wifi for the iPad or a satellite hook up. Was wondering if that could be added to this one

Archived