Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Marlene. So sorry to hear about your friend. Big hugs to you

Had a verrrry long day. But now I'm on vacation. Can't wait it go trick or treating tomorrow with the boys. But first dd and I are going for manis and pedis in the morning.

Mary-cant wait to see a pic of the Ghan.

Judy. I hope your friend listens to your advice.

Cindy. Did you get any yard clean up done? That's one if my least favorite jobs

Hi to everyone else. Time for this tired lady to get to bed.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Gloomy and rainy here today. Suddenly the house looks so much cleaner!

Joanne, enjoy your vacation. Sounds like it's getting off to a great start!

We got quite a bit of yard work done yesterday. Lots of leaves on the ground still though, and lots still on the trees as well. I have one flower bed left to clean up, but the rest are done. We have 10 acres of wooded property, and I have a lot of places where I plant flowers. Also hanging baskets and my big pots need to be cleaned and stored. We got some outdoor furniture put away, but there is still some out there. Clean up isn't my favorite part of yard work by a long shot. I like planting and I like harvesting my herbs and vegetables, and if I want to enjoy those things next year, I have to clean up in the fall. It seems like there's more time for it in fall as well.

I'm going to make a run to the corner grocery store today for the ground beef that they have on sale, and then I will prep that for the freezer.

Dd closes on her condo today, but ds closing was pushed back until tomorrow. He plans to move this weekend.

Well, I'd better get dressed and get going. None of my c horse are getting done while I sit around!

Hi ladies - a flyby....

Marlene, hugs to you on such a loss. Friends are so special....

I've been busy cooking "real" meals etc, which takes more of my time, so cleaning has suffered. DH is helping me with some it today so I don't want to goof off when he's ready to work too!

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

I had a dentist appt this morning. Just a cleaning. SD called this morning we were suppose to stop by her place. She wanted to let us know she wouldn't be home. Her Mom is in the hospital again. She hasn't been feeling well for awhile. She fell and they took her to the hospital a couple of weeks ago. She also hadn't been eating much either. They gave her some blood and sent her home. That seemed to perk her up. Sunday she fell again and they took her to the hospital and they did some test and found 2 lesions on her brain. There going to do a spinal tab and check her fluid for ?. The fluid will tell them about what there looking for.

Since we were in town DH went up to see her. I waited in the family room. It  doesn't sound to good. SD is going to be besides herself if something can't help her Mom. Please keep them in your prayers.

I also found out were going to be great grandparents. Bob's granddaughter is pregnant and due Feb. 1st. He found out about 3 weeks ago but his daughter asked him not to tell anyone so he didn't even tell me. They know it will be a boy. I need to get some things crocheted that I'm already committed to before I start something for the new baby.

It rained here all day so going to Maya's was out. Tomorrow I have to pick up Payton and Jocelyn up after school.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and rest of the week.

Joanne, Have a fun time in Boston. Have a great vacation!

I don't know why some of this split up.

Hi all,

Trick or Treating was fun yesterday and brought back great memories of trick or treating with my girls when they were young! I think I'll take off work every year while the boys are young. Or at the very least work 1/2 day. 

Marlene- More prayers coming your way- seems like a lot of things are hitting at once. Hugs!

Judy- Oh, I always take advantage of when DH is in the mood to clean --I'll drop whatever I'm doing!!!

Cindy- Hope all went well with DDs closing and goes well with DS's today!

Mary- Did you see the boys yesterday?

Linda- Thinking of you-hope all is ok!

Have a great Friday everyone!

Good Friday afternoon. :hi   It's a gorgeous fall day - windows are open and it feels great!

Joanne ~ So glad you got to spend Halloween with the little ones. :yes   We didn't see the boys, but DD has emailed lots of cute pictures.  We had more kids than we've ever had - they were all so cute!

Marlene ~ Sending prayers for your SD's mom. :hug   Do you have the grandkids all weekend?  I hope your DH is following the dr.'s orders. :wink

Cindy ~ We need to be doing some yard work, too - hopefully tomorrow!  Our leaves are just beginning to fall here.

Judy ~ It's so much more fun to cook this time of year than when it's 100*!  I made lentil soup with Italian sausage yesterday and DH was happy as long as he had cornbread. :lol 

Linda ~ Missing you, too! ♥

We'll probably start setting up the estate sale Sunday.  It's not until next Friday and Sat, but there is sooo much stuff. :eek   Sue will be here starting Wed. so she and I can get a lot done together. 

I started another scarf and still need to get pics of the hexagons. :)

Hi, my friends.

Mary, the best thing about cooking as much as I have been is the leftovers....LOL!

Hi to Linda, Sherry, Cindy, Joanne and everyone!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne and Mary, Thanks for the prayers. We do seem to have a lot of things happening all at once. Hopefully it settles down soon.

Mary, DH is getting testy. He wanted to go down to the store today but I wouldn't let him drive. I told him to read the doctors orders. He didn't ask me to take him either. I was gone all afternoon so I checked his mileage to see if he would try to sneak off.

I'll check it tomorrow. I also checked the gas gauge just in case he erased the mileage thinking he wouldn't get caught. He called me while I was gone and he said Aaron one of the guys who works there stopped by to check on him. He goes to the doctor Tuesday and I will bring it up. 

I went shopping for a pair of pants before I picked the kids up but didn't find what I was looking for. So we came back to the closest big town near me and I found a pair of pants. Then we went and picked up a few things we needed at the grocery store. I took the kids to McDonalds for supper before any shopping.

Tomorrow is my friends funeral. Grandpa is going to babysit the kids as DS has two soccer games to ref. My sister said she would, but grandpa said he could do it.

Sunday I'm going to make a big pot of potato soup. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Morning, ladies!

Marlene, great job keeping tabs on DH! We women are great detectives :lol

Hi, Christi!

We have a busy day ahead of us, so will be back when I can. Have a good day my friends!

Good Morning!  It's definitely feeling like fall - in the 40's with wind, but clear and sunny.  We may rethink the yard work idea. :lol

Hi Christi!  I hope you're well...are you doing any crocheting?

Marlene ~ Again, so sorry for the loss of your friend. :hug   Enjoy the grandkids and potato soup sounds delicious!

Judy ~ We love the leftovers, too.  I just froze the rest of the veggie/beef soup and am stewing a chicken for King Ranch casserole.  Not sure what's gotten into me. :lol   Sue will be here for 3 or 4 nights, so I wanted to have some things made ahead. :yes  

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

Hello house. I slept in today, then went out for breakfast, and made a quick stop at the grocery store so that I could buy bread to make french toast for the grandsons tonight. My go to meals for them are burgers, chicken and biscuits or pizza, but we had burgers last night, they had pizza, and I'm out of chicken, so I decided breakfast for dinner would appeal to them.

Only other things on my to do list are some laundry and running the vacuum.

Judy and Mary, we love leftovers too. I rarely serve them in their original form though.

Hi, Christi.

Hi Ladies,

Christi, Hi

Judy, I didn't have to check the mileage he didn't know where he laid his keys when he had them last. Which is his habit.

Mary, Thanks! We like leftovers here to.

Cindy, Breakfast for dinner sounds good. I've been wanting pancakes, but hubby can't have them.

The funeral was a catholic funeral with a little extra. She had requested they knew what her will said before the funeral so they could do as she wanted. She wanted her sons to speak and her daughters to wear a ring that belong to her. She had 7 children. She was a QVC shopper. She had some pretty jewelry. Her sons did a wonderful story of there mothers life. It was as she wanted.

When I got home I got the kids off there games and had them read to me. Then I made them supper.

Sure hope all is okay with Linda. Hope everyone has a nice sunday!

Good Morning, everyone. :)   Well, it's time for me to start whining about the time change again. :lol   I'll be off schedule for a week or two...

Marlene ~ It was so nice that your friend expressed her wishes to her family. :hug   I hope you all have a good day today. :yes

Cindy ~ Breakfast for supper is always nice!  DH makes wonderful omelets and we do that every so often.  Are you working on any wips now?

Time to get busy.  Inside things this a.m. and then we'll start organizing the garage for the sale.  I'm back to making scarves for now. :)  

Good morning. Sun is shining here. Mary, I like this time change, because it seems so hard to get up when it's so dark. The spring time change is a whole other thing though.

I am only working on WIPs still. Offhand I can think of four afghans, 2 knit scarves and a baby blanket. This does not count cross stitch or quilting WIPs.

No big plans here today, church, relaxation, a walk maybe.

I was also wondering about Linda yesterday, hope she is okay.

Hi Ladies,

Today hubby and I went back to are hometown.  Members of my friends family and members of the American Legion Aux. had a draping of the charter. In her memory. I've only been to one other and forgot what it was until we started  it. It was a really nice tribute to her. She has been a member there for 50 years or more and was a leader in my areas. She was in charge of funeral luncheons, banquets, birthday dinner, the Memorial Day Parade luncheon, the list goes on and on. I worked many meals with her and learned a lot from her. Another friend who joined the aux and was a 4-H leader was there and asked me if I would like to go through some craft magazines. We have a place in my hometown called "Ledge Craft Lane". They have many booths of different craft there. Someone dropped off 3 boxes of craft magazines and she said there was some crocheting ones and I could have all 3 boxes if I wanted or what ever I did want. I went through and picked up some crochet world magazines, some Christmas special magazines, some dolls patterns (I know someone on the ville was looking for some and I will give those to her). They go from 1981-2006. I would say I probably got half a box. I told my friend she could take them to Goodwill. She doesn't want to take them to a recycle place. I can't wait to go through them.

We stopped by and visited with his brother. He called his daughter and asked about his ex. She is about the same as she was a couple of days ago. I think tomorrow they will get the results back on the spinal tab.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Good Monday morning, all. :)   I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Cindy ~ Your Sunday sounds quiet and relaxing.  I'm afraid my wip list is shorter than yours, but it's still plenty!  One of these days, I need to reorganize my sewing room...again. :lol

Marlene ~ Have fun going through the magazines and patterns!  We used to have a big craft mall that I loved to visit, but it closed a few years ago. :(  

Gracie has some tummy issues, so I'm taking her to the vet at 11.  Poor little girl doesn't feel good and she doesn't understand why. :no  Then it's back to the garage and unpacking boxes.

Hi to the rest of the House, too! ♥♥♥

Good morning. I am on call for work. I've done some laundry, changed sheets, a bit of mending and caught up on my ironing. I don't like to start on anything major when I'm on call. I plan to craft some next.

Mary, hope that Gracie's problem is easily fixed.

Marlene, the craft magazines sound like fun. I bought a bunch at a garage sale last year. It turned out that I wouldn't make much from them, but I enjoyed looking through them.

Hi, my friends!

I finished the RR for my goddaughter and will post a pic tomorrow. Now I have a pair of fingerless gloves to make and the throw to finish (the one I put away when the the weather got too warm to work on it). There are other small projects I want to make for myself, too, but am itching to get the throw done first.

Mary, I hope Gracie gets better fast - those issues aren't pleasant for either dog or pet parent!

Have a good night everyone :hug

Hi Ladies,

It was a cold windy day here. A good day to make potato soup. I went through the magazines and found some things I liked. The rest will go to goodwill. I still haven't heard anything from the lady on the hat so I guess I'll just play around with it and see what I can figure out. I'm glad I didn't pay for the pattern. If any of you are doing baking for the holidays, Walgreens has some good prices on flour and sugar (name brands to).

Hubby has his follow up appt tomorrow. He can't wait. He can't stand it that he can't drive. Have a good Tuesday everyone!

Hi all!

Had an awesome time in Boston. It was so cool to see the parade of champions on sat for the Red Sox. It was even better to spend so much time with my daughters and grandsons!!!! I'm tired so will catch up tomorrow.

Sherry sent me a message on fb that she can't get on to the ville and wanted u all to know she is fine.

Hi, all!   :bump   Between the doctor's chewing and the cold that I've been fighting, I've really down and out for the last week or so.  I'm coming out the other side now and feeling better.  Just couldn't motivate myself to do anything but the most basic stuff.  I'm getting back into the routine of measuring everything and writing it all down again.  It's a pain, but I've got a spreadsheet set up in Excel and that is helping.  I've lost about 2 pounds so far.  And I am walking easier and longer, although some day's it's really hard.  My joints are giving me fits with being allowed only minimal pain meds, so have done very, very little crafting.  I'm working on getting Rosie's daughter's tablecloth mended for before Thanksgiving.  I've almost got all the seams mended and a little of the crocheting mended, too, but that's harder since it's all in size 30 crochet thread and an 11 steel hook.  I have to take my glasses off and even then it's tough to see what I'm doing.

Mary ~ Good luck with the Estate Sale this weekend.

Marlene ~  Men are the worst patients, and male doctors are the penultimate WORST!!!!  Good luck with all the hassles with the traction unit.  Hope that all gets straightened out pronto.   :hug   Sorry to hear of the loss of your crocheting mentor.  Congrats on being a Great-Grandma-to-be.   :c9   Prayers being said for SD's mom.  

Cindy & Sherry ~ A belated Happy Anniversary to both of you and your spouses.   :heart

Sherry ~ Congratulations on all the progress you've made with your knee.   :clap

Joanne ~ I'm so glad you had such a good time in Boston and with the grandsons.  You deserve it!   :c9

Hi and hugs to anyone I may have missed.   :ghug

Good Morning, Ladies. :rain  It's chilly and raining, but we need it!  After tomorrow, it's supposed to be sunny...so good weather for the sale. :xfin

Linda ~ It's so good to see your post - I've been worried about you. :hug   Tackling that tablecloth sounds like quite a job!  How is Sweet Pea?

Joanne ~ So glad your trip was a good one!  What are your plans for the rest of your vacation?  Thank you for letting us know about Sherry - I've noticed that others have had a hard time accessing the 'Ville since the format change, too.

Cindy ~ Did you have to go into work yesterday?

Judy ~ Looking forward to seeing your projects. :yes   You sound super busy!

Marlene ~ I hope all goes well at DH's appt.  Potato soup sounds yummy - I'm going to put on a pot of soup later so it can cook while I'm working in the garage. :)

The vet will call this a.m. with labs, but didn't think it was anything too serious.  He put her on probiotics and a nausea pill for now and she's been okay so far. :manyheart

Have a good morning, everyone!

Good morning!

I had a wonderful time with my family this past long weekend!!! It was sooo cool to see the Parade of Champions for the Red Sox on Saturday--although we didn't really 'watch' it, it was just so neat to see so many people celebrating something good!!! We went to the Aquarium on Saturday and had a great time. Ryan just loved it! The weather was so warm on Saturday so it was a perfect day to go to the Public Gardens too.  We had dinner in the North  End followed by pastries we brought back to the hotel. On Sunday, it was cold out- like wear mittens, scarves, hats, winter coat cold! It started out raining, but by the time we were heading out to the Children's Museum, it had stopped and sun was shining. We had another great day and the museum is right on the water so it was cool to see the boats in the marina.  Yesterday, we went to the Common in the morning and walked around, let Ryan play and run off some energy. My middle DD and I left around noon and then my oldest and the rest of the crew headed out to Harvard Square and to spend the rest of the day together. They drove home last night.

All in all, a wonderful time....and now I'm off the rest of the week. Already started cleaning and laundry is going!. Going out to vote in a little bit and then head to the grocery store.

Linda- Glad to see a post from you- and hope you are feeling better and better every day!

Mary- Great news about Gracie!!! The rest of my vacation is going to be spent relaxing--but first must tackle cleaning that didn't get done. My DD is off the rest of the week as well, so I see a lot more R&R time this week.

Judy- Can't wait to see the RR!!  I finished the knit scarf while in Boston! I'll try and get pics later today or tomorrow. I started another one!

My DH's flannelghan is starting to show some wear--I think it's because I made it when I was still fairly new to crochet and I'm thinking of making him another afghan. Just don't know which pattern to use. Any ideas from anyone?

Have a great day everyone!

Archived