Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all,

I had a nice day yesterday- got a lot of cleaning done, and switched out my clothes. (oh, how I wish I had a bigger closet and didn't have to do this job twice a year). Upside to having to switch out the clothes, though is I again weeded out clothes and have bags to drop off at Goodwill on the way home from work this week.  I found a pair of Gap jeans with the tag on I had forgotten I had bought on a super sale and my youngest was saying how she needed a new pair of jeans, so I brought them over- and they fit her perfectly! She was so excited!

Had fun with the boys yesterday too!

This morning, DH and I went out to breakfast and then headed to the mall because I had a 40% off Birthday coupon from Vera Bradley. I bought a new bag and found out that they opened an LL Bean at the mall. I scored an awesome denim skirt on sale for 19.99!! Woot!

Now we're home, watching football, and I'll work on the border to Son-in-law's afghan!

Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my son-in-law's afghan!! One month to the day past his birthday which is when I had planned to have it done by! LOL

The colors are true to life in the 2nd pic of the afghan. Not sure why the first one looks lighter...

Here's a picture too, of the knitted scarf I made for my co-worker. He loved it- imperfections and all.

post-27163-0-99630200-1382304899_thumb.jpg

post-27163-0-18438700-1382304923_thumb.jpg

post-27163-0-20968500-1382304946_thumb.jpg

Beautiful pictures, Joanne.   :clap   Lovely work..

I've managed to putting in walking for 1.25 miles today, with 1/2 of it uphill.  It wasn't all at one time, but a lot more than I usually get in.  With luck I'll be able to gradually increase the amount that I do at one time.  At least, it's a start.

Joanne ~ The afghan is wonderful!  The colors are great for a guy and look so good in the ripple pattern. :hook   Like you, I have to switch out clothes to the closet in the guest room upstairs...not fun. :)

Linda  ~ Way to go on starting your walking! :cheer   I spent years walking 2 - 3 miles a day and this last year it hasn't happened.  You are motivating me to get back with it. :yes  

The party was lots of fun.  We love spending time with SIL's parents and we all had time to play with the boys.  Zach dove into his cake and had it everywhere. :lol   His favorite part was the balloons! 

Early bed time for me - I woke up way too early this a.m.   See you all tomorrow. ♥♥♥

Hi, ladies!

Joanne, I love the colors in the ripple ghan - great job! So happy to hear you had such a  nice weekend. I have to go to Bean myself - have coupons from our last purchases. Except for the long staircase it's a great store. The elevator will be my choice next time.

Mary, the party for Zach sounds like it was a blast! They grow way too fast, don't they?

Linda, You have the right idea - a little at a time. Are you keeping written records of your food intake as well as activity? It can help if you hit a plateau down the road. Good luck and don't forget the water....

Off I go. Have a great day my friends :hug

Mary, I'd love to have a walking companion here.  That sounds like such a delightful party.  Next year the presents will be a hit over the balloons.  At one they really don't have any idea what's going on.

Judy, I'm recording exercise, blood sugar results, pain pills taken, and calories (and carbs, protein, & fats.)  Hopefully, I can make everyone (both doctors) happy with the results.  Sweet Pea and I do 2/10 of a mile in the morning while she is doing her duty.  It's usually 1/10 of a mile the other times we walk, but I'm going to try to increase that to 2/10 of a mile every time now, and get in an extra one as well.  My pace is more like a :snail or maybe a  :turtle than it is like a  :rabbit, but hopefully that will improve, too. 

Hope you all have a good day.   :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :)

Linda ~ You are doing great! :cheer  Every little bit counts! :yes   How is John doing? 

Judy ~ Have you started any new projects?  I hope to have the hexagons joined in the next couple of days...then decide on a border.

DH is having a wisdom tooth extracted tomorrow (cracked) and prep work for a crown on another tooth.  Poor guy - I've been through so much dental stuff, but he never has. :(  So, I've made jello, pudding, and mashed potatoes today. :lol

Hi Ladies,

Linda, It sounds like you have everything under control.

Mary, Good luck to DH tomorrow at the dentist. My hubby has a dentist appt tomorrow also, but his is a cleaning. The birthday party for Zach sounds like a fun time.

Joanne, Glad you had a good weekend.

Judy, Your welcome for the thanks for sharing your link.

Sherry, Congratulations to the grandsons on there trophies.

Cindy, Welcome back!

Yesterday we took the kids home as DS had a game to ref. His season is ending soon. Today I picked my sister up and we went to the funeral. It was standing room only. Seen some family that I haven't seen in a long time and missed some as they were at the viewing yesterday.

I should be able to get on the internet at my brothers so I will update everyone Wednesday evening. We have a lot of friends and family on facebook and I will update there also, so if one of your girls see something there and for some reason I can't get here feel free to share the update.

The hospital as an Inn in it and we are staying there tomorrow night so I don't know if I will be here tomorrow or not.

I hope everyone has a great week. Please keep us in your prayers. :manyheart

'Morning, all. :)

Marlene ~ Prayers and positive thoughts for your DH and you are coming your way. :hug   We'll be watching for updates! ♥♥♥

I hope everyone at the House has a good Tuesday!  :manyheart   I'll be working on a scarf today and will check in later.

Good morning. I am off to work in a few, teaching today and tomorrow.

Marlene, sending good thoughts for your dh, both at the dentist today, and for surgery tomorrow.

Joanne, your projects look great. I like that afghan design a lot.

Linda, good luck with the lifestyle change. I really messed up lately and have put on 5 pounds. As of yesterday, I am back at it. It would be great if we could be walking buddies, but at least you have Sweetpea!

Sherry, congrats to your grandsons.

Mary, Zachs party sounds perfect, lots of fun for everyone!

Well, better get moving, have a good Tuesday everyone.

Marlene, prayers and good thoughts that all goes well. :hug

Judy ~ Have you started any new projects?  I hope to have the hexagons joined in the next couple of days...then decide on a border.

No new projects other than working on the replacement RR for my goddaughter.

Bordering the hexes has to be hard....

DH is having a wisdom tooth extracted tomorrow (cracked) and prep work for a crown on another tooth.  Poor guy - I've been through so much dental stuff, but he never has. :(  So, I've made jello, pudding, and mashed potatoes today. :lol

Ow....I have a fear of dental work of any kind....is DH a good patient afterwards?

Judy, I'm recording exercise, blood sugar results, pain pills taken, and calories (and carbs, protein, & fats.)  Hopefully, I can make everyone (both doctors) happy with the results.  Sweet Pea and I do 2/10 of a mile in the morning while she is doing her duty.  It's usually 1/10 of a mile the other times we walk, but I'm going to try to increase that to 2/10 of a mile every time now, and get in an extra one as well.  My pace is more like a :snail or maybe a  :turtle than it is like a  :rabbit, but hopefully that will improve, too. 

Hope you all have a good day.   :manyheart

Don't worryabout speed - it's the activity...moving more when you haven't been doing much is so good!

Hi, Cindy - I have to watch the scale all the time. I only weigh in once a month with WW but can't relax much or I add pounds very easily. You were on vacation, too - so that doesn't help.

Havea good day everyone! :hug

Marlene, prayers for success on fronts and a swift recovery.

Can I moan and groan some?  My calves and shins are soooo sore!   :thumbdown   I put in 9/10 of a mile yesterday which included going around the complex on all the bordering streets, which is 6/10 of a mile.  I know that's not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but going one way it's all uphill for 1/2 to 2/3 of the way and going the other way it's a steep uphill climb for 1/3 of the way.  And I did it in 15 minutes instead of the 20 minutes of the day before.  Shows you how out of shape I am.

Have a good Tuesday!   :manyheart

Good Wednesday morning. :)

Linda ~ :lol  Yes, you can moan and groan all you want to!  Way to go on doing so well with your program. :clap   Are you quilting, crocheting or knitting - or some of each?

Cindy ~ I hope your classes are going well.  Are both kids getting anxious to move into their new homes? 

Judy ~ How is the RR coming along?  Yes, I'll have to experiment with the hexagon border...will probably do something simple since there are so many colors already!

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

DH had his dental work done with no problems, but he got a reprieve on the extraction for a few weeks.  They decided to do that when he goes back to get the permanent crowns put on.  Even so, he was there for 1½ hours!  I'm stewing a chicken and will spend some time on paperwork.  The errands can wait until tomorrow. :yes

Hi all,

I'm home today. I have another cold and decided the best thing is to stay home and rest. First sick day in about 4 years and it was hard for me to call out. I want to get this over quickly though so rest and chicken soup for me.

Marlene. I'll be keeping your hubby in my prayers

Linda. I think it's great what you are doing. And you can moan and groan all you want. Take it slow and build up your endurance and your muscles.

Judy. I started the fingerless gloves and as I was doing them. I said t myself , I've made this pattern before. Lol. How quickly the mind forgets

Well off to make a cup of tea and get under the blankets. Hi it everyone !

Judy ~ How is the RR coming along?  Yes, I'll have to experiment with the hexagon border...will probably do something simple since there are so many colors already!

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

DH had his dental work done with no problems, but he got a reprieve on the extraction for a few weeks.  They decided to do that when he goes back to get the permanent crowns put on.  Even so, he was there for 1½ hours!  I'm stewing a chicken and will spend some time on paperwork.  The errands can wait until tomorrow. :yes

The RR is coming along - had to take a break from crocheting this afternoon, though.

I was making Chicken Parm and the oil was too hot. As I put the chicken in it splattered, burning the knuckle of my left ring finger. Hurts like heck. I ran our so-called cold water over it, but it was hopeless so I just put neosporin on it aand covered it with 2 bandaids. No time to ice it right then. So...no yarn sliding past that boo-boo for a while.

Hi all,

I'm home today. I have another cold and decided the best thing is to stay home and rest. First sick day in about 4 years and it was hard for me to call out. I want to get this over quickly though so rest and chicken soup for me.Nurses DO make the worst patients - I'm so glad you proved that old addage wrong! Take another day if you need it!

Marlene. I'll be keeping your hubby in my prayers

Linda. I think it's great what you are doing. And you can moan and groan all you want. Take it slow and build up your endurance and your muscles.

Judy. I started the fingerless gloves and as I was doing them. I said t myself , I've made this pattern before. Lol. How quickly the mind forgets

You're too funny!

Well off to make a cup of tea and get under the blankets. Hi it everyone !

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, I hope the cold doesn't stick around for long and you feel better real soon. Your afghan and scarf look great. The colors are all great for a guy.

Judy, Hope the burn heals quickly so you can get back to your crocheting.

Linda, Sorry your sore! You can moan and groan all you want. Take it easy as first though. Pain is gain isn't always true.

Mary, Good luck sewing your hexagons together.

Thanks for all your prayers! Hubby's surgery went smoothly. The opening was pretty big to the esophagus. His stomach and a wad (doctors word) of fat was in the esophagus and looked like it was stuck. They fixed that and lengthed the esophagus some. They did another wrap and did it differently and made a smaller opening. The doctor said he thinks this took care of his pain. Before surgery he didn't know if the surgery would help or not. It will be wonderful if it does as he has been complaining for years that the pain is always there. The doctor even shortened the hospital stay from 4-5 days to 2-3. If he's eating and drinking well then he will release him. The doctor said he is the one who will make that decision. That was so good to hear as I know everyone wants to go home yesterday and it always isn't the best decision. It's soft food for a few weeks and hopefully no meds for the stomach either.

DD came to the hospital and her drive home wasn't to nice. She drove in rain, snow, sleet, then a white out. So when she was pretty close to home she got off the highway. She made it safely.

Tomorrow I hope to do some crocheting while I'm at the hospital. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Glad to hear that the surgery went well, Marlene! And that Dd made it home safely in those driving conditions

I finished the fingerless mitts and have been working on another knitted scarf

Not sure if ill stay home home again tomorrow or not. Off to bed for me.

Marlene, that's wonderful news about DH's surgery! I hope the healing goes well and fast!

Joanne, no post early this AM from you so maybe you're sleeping in this morning?

Not much on the agenda today - Lucy needs her nails cut - badly - but I want to check with the vet first, since one long nail in the front looks to be cracked and I'm afraid if the groomer does it there may be a lot of bleeding if it breaks off...

Later, gators!

Hello ladies. It's cold here today, but the sun is shining and the predicted snow did not materialize.

I am still playing catch up from the pre vacation housework neglect. Laundry is pretty much all done and put away, just need to iron a few things. Vacuum mining is done as well and two bathrooms are clean. In taking a break at the moment,, and am knitting on my scarf. I was actually looking for a child's mitten pattern to start on, but decided that I should probably finish at least one or two UFOs first!

Marlene, I was glad to read about how well your DH did with surgery. Hope his recovery is quick and uneventful.

Linda, congrats on how well you are doing on your lifestyle changes. I know its hard to make them.

Hi all,

Judy- I just had would time to get ready for work this am. I wasn't sleeping in. Lol. I feel 100 percent better than yesterday. Went to work and worked till 6. Glad tomorrow is Friday !!

Cindy- glad ur almost caught up from the work to be done after vacation. Dduou get on some crafty time?

I'm knitting a scarf that I may end up seaming together to make a cowl. Watching the WS and rooting for my dds team the Boston Red Sox. Normally wouldn't root for them but because she is such a huge fan I'm doing it for her. And it's only because the Yankees didn't make the playoffs lol

Hi all - it's been a crazy, crazy week!!  Spent the night on Monday with the grandsons (wasn't supposed to but that changed).  Woke up way to early and ended up going home early.  Tuesday was the church meeting and I worked all day on the reports to "correct" them and then I had to print them up (thank goodness for copiers).  Didn't get home until 9 p.m.  I was wiped out.  Today was much better and tomorrow I get to leave early since I was at work forever on Tuesday. 

Today is my 33rd anniversary.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful DH.  We will celebrate tomorrow afternoon after I get off.  A friend gifted me with a gift card to Red Lobster, so that's where we will go. 

Joanne - sounds like you've been busy watching the WS and doing needlework!  Hope work is better for you now. 

Mary - hope things are going well for you.

Marlene - glad DH did well with his surgery!  Prayers that he will heal quickly.

I know there's more but my brain is too tired to remember it.  I'm getting ready to go make some more squares for little man's afghan.  I have all the blue ones done, so now I get to start on the yellow ones.  I also started on an owl potholder the other night at the boys house and will probably work on it some more this weekend.

Well, I saw the dr last week.  Thyroid is all too high, so I'm having to adjust my meds.  Hopefully that will allow me to sleep better at night.  And I see the cardiologist tomorrow for the ultrasound.  The girls are all freaked out but I'm telling them it's just a routine checkup.  There's a lot of heart disease in my family and I want to keep an eye on everything and make sure things are ok with my heart.

Have a great evening all!!!  Hugs to all of you!!

'morning peeps!

About 35 degrees when I got up earlier - nice and clear and fresh outside!

ooops...I deleted your post....but I do remember you went back to work today - I hope it goes well. And I;m still not rooting for the Red Sox :lol   We lived in St. Louis for a few years back in the 70's and I'm rooting for the other guys in red! Besides, with me, it's always "anyone BUT "the Red Sox...or Patriots, or Bruins :lol  :lol :lol  :lol  :lol  

Hi all - it's been a crazy, crazy week!!  Spent the night on Monday with the grandsons (wasn't supposed to but that changed).  Woke up way to early and ended up going home early.  Tuesday was the church meeting and I worked all day on the reports to "correct" them and then I had to print them up (thank goodness for copiers).  Didn't get home until 9 p.m.  I was wiped out.  Today was much better and tomorrow I get to leave early since I was at work forever on Tuesday. 

Today is my 33rd anniversary.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful DH.  We will celebrate tomorrow afternoon after I get off.  A friend gifted me with a gift card to Red Lobster, so that's where we will go. 

Happy Anniversary!!! Doesn't it seem that the years just fly by?? Enjoy your dinner tomorrow.

Joanne - sounds like you've been busy watching the WS and doing needlework!  Hope work is better for you now. 

I know there's more but my brain is too tired to remember it.  I'm getting ready to go make some more squares for little man's afghan.  I have all the blue ones done, so now I get to start on the yellow ones.  I also started on an owl potholder the other night at the boys house and will probably work on it some more this weekend.

Well, I saw the dr last week.  Thyroid is all too high, so I'm having to adjust my meds.  Hopefully that will allow me to sleep better at night.  And I see the cardiologist tomorrow for the ultrasound.  The girls are all freaked out but I'm telling them it's just a routine checkup.  There's a lot of heart disease in my family and I want to keep an eye on everything and make sure things are ok with my heart.It's a great idea to keep on top of things.

Have a great evening all!!!  Hugs to all of you!!

Hi!  The weather dropped about 25* two days ago and is supposed to drop another 10* tonight.  Yuck!  Every joint in my body hurts I think.  At least, all the arthritic ones.   :P   Yesterday I splurged and had a Reuban sandwich with large order of potato cakes from Arby's.  At least I did it in two meals.   :P

Today is Rosie's birthday.  I bought her a bunch of red material.  She's always running out of red in her stash.

Joanne, good for you taking a sick day!  Glad you're feeling better today.

Marlene, keeping your hubby in my prayers.  Sounds like a very good doctor.  Sure hope it helps with all the pain he's been having.

Archived