Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Cindy thanks for the pattern posts.  I'm trying out the top one, but wider as a prayer shawl.  It's taken me a while to figure out the pattern, but then again I don't knit all that often, so I'm more than a little out of practice.  I'm using RHSS in beige with size 13 knitting needles and finally feel that I've got the pattern down.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I ended up spending the day in.  Did pay a few of the bills on-line.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning housemates! 2 days in a row :jumpyay

I have a couple patients this morning and then going shopping with Steph a bit.  Pitt/Notre Dame game this evening and Steelers tomorrow :whew  Will be busy, but fun!

Hi, ya peeps!!

Marisa, it's good to hear from you!! I know all about taking a break from  posting now and then...

And your brother....if his wife ever changes her POV on "religion" I don't want to be within 1000 miles of the explosion! Just sayin....   But congrats on the Halloween nephew!

Good news on the table. I remember one chiro that DH went to many years ago had a table like the one you describe. Any of those things are so expensive. I remember recently when DS had to have the face rest replace because it cracked....what a monopoly theses companies must have!

Thanks!  These companies are surely making out :yes

Marisa, it's great to see and hear from you again!  I'm glad everything is okay.  Congrats on the new "to you" table.  It sounds awesome.

I did finally sleep for about 5 hours this morning.  I feel okay, but I'm glad that it's my day off.   :P   I ate too much stuff during the wee hours, so this is going to be a blown day for the diet.  Things happen, and as long as the rest of the week is okay, I'm not going to stress over it.

Thanks! (I clicked the purple button, so don't know why it's coming out in blue :think )  Glad to hear you got some sleep!

Marisa- Great to hear from you again. Totally get how sometimes you have to take a break from some things! Congrats, Auntie on your new nephew! Love the name Isaac, too!

Linda- I don't stress either if I blow a day on what I shouldn't eat- life is too short! tomorrow is another day!

Had a nice relaxing day- had my hair cut/colored and then went to do some window shopping. Also had to get a new coffee grinder since ours died--it does get a lot of use and we had it for about 10 years.  I spent some time knitting and crocheted another sunny square.

Going to bed early tonight- I stayed up late last night and feel myself starting to drag now!

Have a good night!

Thanks!  Isaac is my brothers confirmation name, so I guess that's where it came from.  Although he wasn't named for almost a week.  I think he finally has a checkup coming....maybe today :think  Glad to hear you had a relaxing day and 10 years on a coffee grinder is pretty good if you ask me.

Hi all,

Had another nice relaxing day! I went to ACMoore today since they had a 55% off coupon-and of course, I couldn't pass up using it! I bought a skein of Oatmeal colored Wool Ease Thick and Quick  with the coupon. The fingerless gloves I made were in Vanna's Oatmeal and I'll make a hat to match with the Thick and Quick.

My knitting project in the beautiful Madelinetosh yarn is hopelessly twisted. I ended up binding off and I thought that the twists would come out except for one twist once it was off the circulars.  I will probably frog the whole thing and start over another time- or make a scarf using the same stitch pattern since I really liked it. In the meantime, I started a knitted basket-weave scarf for DH.

Linda- Have fun with the pointy sticks- I'm really enjoying it- Even with mistakes and the twisted cowl!  I look at it as good practice on what NOT to do!! LOL. Since the yarn was expensive, it's a little more painful, but the time I spent on it was relaxing and even though I'll have to frog it, I get to use the yarn again!

Judy, Cindy, Mary, Marlene, Val, et al- hope you all had a good Saturday!

Cindy thanks for the pattern posts.  I'm trying out the top one, but wider as a prayer shawl.  It's taken me a while to figure out the pattern, but then again I don't knit all that often, so I'm more than a little out of practice.  I'm using RHSS in beige with size 13 knitting needles and finally feel that I've got the pattern down.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I ended up spending the day in.  Did pay a few of the bills on-line.

I think the pattern will make a gorgeous shawl. In fact, I was considering trying it that way.

Cindy, for some reason it took me a while to figure the pattern out, but now I've actually got it.  :knit I ended up frogging the first attempt after dropping a bunch of stitches.  Actually, I accidentally pulled out the needle that I a partial row done on.  Oops!    :blush   Couldn't get them all back on right, of course.  But it wasn't that far along and it's looking so much better the second time around that i really don't mind having frogged it.  I'm using RHSS in beige with size 13 knitting needles and my starting count was 64 stitches which is going to make a nice wide shawl.

Today is was super busy at work with good sales.  We've already sold about half of the circular scarves that came in last week and we had a bunch.

The weather started out cool with high thin, white, wispy clouds in a blue sky.  But by afternoon it was solid cloud cover and steadily dropping temps.  Brrr!

Hope you all have a good Sunday.   :ghug

Good morning, all.  The sale was unbelievable...only two small boxes of things were left and I'm still in shock over the number of people who came!  Our entire garage (oversized 2 car) and driveway were full of items and and I was worried about what we would do with all that was left...thankfully that didn't happen.  Sarah brought the boys for a while yesterday and they entertained some of the customers. :lol

Sue will go home this a.m. and then I hope to catch up with you all. :manyheart

Congratulations, Mary!!!  That's fabulous news.  :yay   :yay   :yay  You and Sue obviously did things right and priced things right.  If you advertised it as an estate sale that probably helped, too, as I've noticed that even more people seem to come to those than to a regular garage sale.

I'm up and moving and that's about all that can be said for me at the moment.  Only lost 1/2 a pound this week, which has me kind of bummed, but I have 3 weeks info now how much I lost at what level of intake and what level of exercise.  Less intake and more exercise equals more weight lost.  Duh..... :ohdear  Just not happy to what extremes that means I have to go.  Sigh!  :irk  And, of course, the more the exercise the most efficient my muscles get, which means even more for the same effect.   :irk  My average is just under 3 pounds a week.  Not what I had hoped for.   :(   Grumble, grumble.   :shrug

Good morning!

Linda- Hang in there- all things in moderation is my motto! I weigh myself about once-twice a week just to make sure that the pounds aren't creeping  back on faster than I want. I've gained about 2 lbs this week- but I attribute that to my vacation- sure had some delicious food in Boston for sure! And of course, continued during the week- because, well, I was on vacation!!! Back to reality tomorrow and back to healthy eating! Some weeks are going to be better than other weeks.

Mary- Woo-hoo!! That's great news about the sale going so well, and I'll echo what Linda said- you and your sis probably priced things right!!! I'm very happy for you!! Now you can get some of your own life back.

Cindy, Judy, Marisa, Marlene- Hope you all have a nice Sunday.

Will be heading over to babysit later on--a little R&R time before the vacation is officially over!

Thank you, Linda and Joanne!  I've been getting my house back in order this morning. There wasn't any time to do laundry and vacuum...I hope to be caught up by tomorrow. :)

Linda ~ You're doing great!  Don't get discouraged...we're all here to cheer you on. :manyheart   A neighbor came to the sale yesterday looking for yarn.  I don't know her well, but she is such a neat lady.  She was looking for yarn for her prayer shawl group at church and I was thrilled to go upstairs and gather up stash, which I should have already done.  I've been meaning to donate some anyway and this made it easy!  She doesn't even crochet or knit, but goes to sales buying yarn for the group. :)

Joanne ~ Have fun with the little ones. :c9  I'm sure your vacation went by way too quickly! ;)

DD started a journal of "Lukeisms" when he started putting words together.  He ( like all toddlers :lol ) say such cute things and mommies are too busy to remember everything. Yesterday, I asked how he liked seeing the snakes at Museum school.  He said "I got to touch one and it felt like applesauce.  It was a very nice snake."  Needless to say, it was super hard to control my laughter. :lol

Hi to everyone at Our House.  I need to get back to it for now. :yes

Mary,little kids do say thecutest things!

Linda,  a little at a time....it's a lifestyle change, which is the hardest thing to get used to.

Joanne, hi there!

We have the painter coming tomorrow morning - he'll be here into Wednesday to do the kitchne and dining area. Hopefully no longer than that!!  We'll be living in the man cave while he works

Have a good night my friends

Good morning!

Wow- Amazing how fast time off flies by!! Had a wonderful vacation and feel rejuvenated! Today I am starting a new position at the same company. I took a less demanding position so that I can re-gain my life back! My work-life balance was truly out of whack with the other position. It involved taking a pay cut, but the way I figured it, you can't put a price on good health and happiness.

Judy- Nice that you are having the kitchen/dining area painted. Always nice when someone else does the work! Hope the GSD's behave themselves--I bet it'll be a challenge these next few days with workers in the house!

Mary- Kids sure do say the cutest things. What a great idea your DD had to start a book of "lukeisms'! I will have to suggest that idea to my DD. Ryan sure says some of the cutest things--and she should write them down.

Linda- Hope you had a good day yesterday!

Cindy- I started knitting a 'manly' basket-weave scarf for my son-in-law for Christmas yesterday and made good progress while I was watching football.

Marisa- Nice win by the Steelers---and by my Giants! Hope you had a good weekend! What yarn did you buy for the sweater you are going to make?

Well, clock says its time to get ready ---have a fabulous day everyone!

'morning peeps!

Up early...too much to do this morning and can't relax.

Joanne, I'm thrilled to hear you were able to move to a less-life consuming job in the same company!!! Funny how that Joyce Meyer quote spoke to me yesterday and I put it on FB :lol
The painter works by himself. He tried working with a partner but couldn't do it. The one thing: he's a great guy and loves to talk - so we're leaving him alone as much as possible :lol He did a fantastic job on our home office so am looking forward to seeing the new, clean look!

Oh....did you decide on a pattern for a new ghan for DH?

Hello ladies. I'm still recovering from my overly busy weekend. This week will be much quieter though. I only work one day, and nothing else is scheduled. I spent all day today, cleaning in the basement. Now that ds and dd are moving out, I want to make sure they take all their stuff with them.

Joanne, I'm glad to hear that you found an easier position. Work life balance was one if the reasons I quit being a charge nurse. Looking forward to seeing your manly scarf. I find that I really enjoy knitting at times. I find that I rush more with crocheting, but relax with knitting, probably because I know it's going to move slowly anyhow.

Linda, I ended up using a lifeline in my scarf. I had to restart mine a number of times because it's really hard to pick up the stitches properly. Despite that lifeline, my scarf still has some "character".

Mary, it's great that the estate sale went so well. Hope you get all caught up soon.

Linda, I think you are doing great. I think 1/2 pound weight loss a week is a good number to aim for. It's more apt to stay off if you lose it slowly. Joanne is right about the baby steps. When I teach people about lifestyle changes needed to manage their health issues, I always remind them that big changes can happen with little steps. After all, to use an old cliche, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

Marisa, it's good to hear from you. Sounds like you are keeping busy.

Thanks for all the encouraging words.  I can only do so much and cut back so much, so whatever I lose will just have to be enough.  With all the holidays coming up it will be more than a bit challenging.   I hope the doctor understands that.

I went to the local quilt shop today and looked at and petted all the pretty material, but didn't end up buying anything this time.  Yesterday while at WalMart I found some material that the sales gal said used to be called antique satin.  It was so smooth and so pretty that I bought it all, 3 7/8 yards at $2/ yard.   It's cream, gold, and grey with a flower and leaf pattern on it.  I pulled some other things from my stash that I think will go with it.  Don't know just how, but I like the colors.  I'm waiting for inspiration to hit.   :lol

Thank you, Linda and Joanne!  I've been getting my house back in order this morning. There wasn't any time to do laundry and vacuum...I hope to be caught up by tomorrow. :)

Linda ~ You're doing great!  Don't get discouraged...we're all here to cheer you on. :manyheart   A neighbor came to the sale yesterday looking for yarn.  I don't know her well, but she is such a neat lady.  She was looking for yarn for her prayer shawl group at church and I was thrilled to go upstairs and gather up stash, which I should have already done.  I've been meaning to donate some anyway and this made it easy!  She doesn't even crochet or knit, but goes to sales buying yarn for the group. :)

What a neat to way to help out her prayer shawl group!

Joanne ~ Have fun with the little ones. :c9  I'm sure your vacation went by way too quickly! ;)

DD started a journal of "Lukeisms" when he started putting words together.  He ( like all toddlers :lol ) say such cute things and mommies are too busy to remember everything. Yesterday, I asked how he liked seeing the snakes at Museum school.  He said "I got to touch one and it felt like applesauce.  It was a very nice snake."  Needless to say, it was super hard to control my laughter. :lol

I remember some of the things my kids said when they were little.  One was when DS asked how the clouds "drink" water.

Hi to everyone at Our House.  I need to get back to it for now. :yes

Good morning!

Wow- Amazing how fast time off flies by!! Had a wonderful vacation and feel rejuvenated! Today I am starting a new position at the same company. I took a less demanding position so that I can re-gain my life back! My work-life balance was truly out of whack with the other position. It involved taking a pay cut, but the way I figured it, you can't put a price on good health and happiness.

Hooray for you, Joanne.  I takes courage to make decisions like that, but I'm sure you'll be happier with more time for family.  Those two little GSs will grow up so very fast.  I've missed too much of my GS's growing up by living so far away.  You are close.  Enjoy them!

Judy- Nice that you are having the kitchen/dining area painted. Always nice when someone else does the work! Hope the GSD's behave themselves--I bet it'll be a challenge these next few days with workers in the house!

Mary- Kids sure do say the cutest things. What a great idea your DD had to start a book of "lukeisms'! I will have to suggest that idea to my DD. Ryan sure says some of the cutest things--and she should write them down.

Linda- Hope you had a good day yesterday!

Cindy- I started knitting a 'manly' basket-weave scarf for my son-in-law for Christmas yesterday and made good progress while I was watching football.

Marisa- Nice win by the Steelers---and by my Giants! Hope you had a good weekend! What yarn did you buy for the sweater you are going to make?

Well, clock says its time to get ready ---have a fabulous day everyone!

Cindy ~ I have again had to rip out the scarf turned shawl.    I've got some stitch markers on the needles now (3) and may add another two if necessary.  I'm hoping that they'll work to keep me on track.  I'm getting close to where I was when I frogged it.  So far so good. 

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Both scarf patterns are pretty.

Marisa, Nice to see you back. We missed you!  Congratulations on the new Halloween nephew! I have a friend who got married on Halloween.

Linda, I think your doing great at 2-3 lb weight loss a week. Your shawl is going to be pretty. Can't wait to see it.

Mary, What a great estate sale! Cute Luke story. Neat idea for DD to write them down.

Joanne, You'll be glad you decided to take a different position at work. Sorry you had to frog the cowl.

Judy, Hope the painter is done in a timely manner. It will be so nice to have a fresh kitchen/dining room.

I had a great time with Maya this weekend. Hubby went to but he had a migraine and missed the fun. We went to the parade then downtown and Maya made a Christmas card she is going to give to her parents. She decorated a foam pumpkin with jewels and I forgot what the other thing was she made. The parade was really nice. They only had 3 blown up balloons, Santa, Yogi Bear and Strawberry Shortcake. I think the wind had a lot to do with it. It was 54 out but pretty windy. Sunday Maya and I baked from 11 to 4. We made banana muffins, apple crisp and peanut butter cookies. It was fun! Her daddy said in the morning that he was going to start having Maya in the kitchen. I told him she's been in the kitchen with me since she was 2 and she loves it. She even helped me wash the dishes. They have a dishwasher but I don't like it. We got home later than I wanted to, but we had a fun day. We did have 2 bucks crossing the road in front of us. One if I hadn't of seen the doe first I probably would of gotten the buck.

I had a busy day cleaning and doing laundry today. Then we went out to Applebee's and hubby had his Veterans dinner (deep fried shrimp) and I had a steak dinner. It was good and very nice of them to honor all the Veteran's. I also took advantage of Family Dollars Veteran's sale. They had a coupon for 15% off your purchases today. So I bought all my plastic bags. Saved over 3.00.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Good morning!

I had a good day yesterday and left work on time, had dinner AND went to craft club! It felt good to be back to 'normal' again!

Judy- That saying you had posted on FB was perfect! For any of you who didn't see it I'll quote it here: Spend time with family and friends – nobody on their deathbed ever says, “I wish I would have spent more time at the office.” -Joyce

Hope the painting is going well!!!

Marlene- Sounds like a great weekend- sorry that DH had a migraine, though. And lucky for you the deer didn't get you- they can do so much damage to a car

Cindy- I also find knitting more relaxing at times for exactly the reason you said. I expect it to be a lot slower so I'm not rushing --I expect crochet to go fast and sometimes find myself forgetting to enjoy the process! Good idea to have DS and DD get all the things out. I still have 4 big boxes of things from my youngest up in my attic!!!

Linda- Nice score on the fabric- can't wait to see what inspiration will hit! Good attitude- slow and steady with the lifestyle change ( I don't like the word diet).  Knitting/frogging seem to sometimes go hand in hand with me. I think the markers will help you.

Oops- just looked at the clock--gotta run---have a good day!

Good morning all!!  Sorry it's been so long but I couldn't get logged back on, finally it decided to take my password.  I've got some catching up to do.

Our weather is going from 71 as a high yesterday to 37 for today!  Hopefully it will just be cold and no wet stuff with it.  I'm so not ready for that.

I hope all have a great day and I hope to be on here tonight to catch up.  Hugs to all of you!!

flyby!

Slow job on the kitchen, but it'll get there....

I scanned all the posts but need to get a move on.

Snow flurries here this morning :P

Hi House. 

Sherry ~ It's wonderful to see your post!  It feels like winter here, too.  Yesterday was 76* and this a.m. is 40 - with 26 predicted for tonight.  Brrr :)

Joanne ~ Good for you for making the change. :clap   I can already "hear" in your posts that you're more relaxed!

I know I'm missing all sorts of posts, but DH has his dental appt. (crowns and extraction) this a.m. and we need to go to the bank on the way.  I spent several hours yesterday doing all the accounting for the sale.  My "books" through all these months are meticulous - Sue and I don't expect any issues from our other sister or brother - but it all needs to be right anyway. :yes

Have a good morning, all! :manyheart

Joanne, I can hear the happiness in your note.  A more normal life is good.

Mary, congratulations on getting everything documented.  That's the way to do it to insure that there are no problems later.

It's actually nice here today but I know they are forecasting a big drop in temps a little later this week.

It's great to hear from you, Sherry.

Hope you all have a good day.  :manyheart

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I'm just getting ready to do up my paperwork, but am done with patient's for the day!  I think I'll just hang out and crochet after my paperwork is done.  Maybe I'll workout :think  But, I really want to crochet......

Linda - Don't get discouraged, that is actually a healthy weight loss rate :clap  Like Joanne said, some weeks will be better than others...especially over the holidays!

Mary - WTG with your sales!

Judy - What color are you doing the kitchen and dining room in?

Joanne - I'm using the yarn the pattern called for and in the same color!  It's the RH Anne Geddes in ladybug (red).  I stuck with it since it's for Christmas.  Although I didn't get started yet and need to finish Brad's 'hunting' gloves first since that season is upon us!

Hopefully everyone is having a great start of the week :hug

Hi all,

Another 'normal' day! I could get used to this- :lol   Like Judy said, we had some snow- a dusting if that, but it was pretty when it came down. It's very coooold out though :wbrr

A friend of mine at work noticed that I am less stressed already- she said she could see the smile back in my eyes! I am very busy at work but I'm re-learning things I haven't done in about 4 years because of the two projects I was put on.  It's all good and the team I'm on is great! There will be good days and bad days I have no doubt, but what is nice is that when I go home at night, I can actually turn off work!

Have a good night!

Oh, Joanne.  I am so happy for you.  I can tell there is less stress in your life already.  That's so great!   :yay

I went for a walk around the block this afternoon.  My speed and stamina have definitely improved.  From my door to the street, around, and back to my door is 0.6 of a mile.  The direction I chose is a constant upgrade that gets steeper the farther I get for about 1/2 of the way, downhill for 1/4 of the way, and lever (more or less) for 1/4 of the way.  On the downslope there were dry leaves on the sidewalk.  I schlepped through them and it was such fun!  I felt like a kid again.   :lol

Tonight I worked on the pattern for the material I had sorted out yesterday.  Unfortunately, by the time I had it all plotted out, I didn't have enough of either the gold or grey material.  However, I found some other pieces that will work.  Yeah!  I like these two and especially with the way the pattern works.  So I'm not unhappy with it.   :D

Marisa ~ I vote for crochet!   :P

morning peeps!

Another fun day with power sanding to accompany the barking! 2 more days..... :P

DH asked me if I wanted to get out today - YES!!!!!  A trip to the Market Place is in order....haven't browsed for no reason in a very long time....with a slight detour past Starbucks on the way home :D He'll stay home. We never leave workmen alone in the house. I have a friend who did a total reno of her house - it took just over a year and during that time they still went on vacations, etc. She said she trusted her project manager to watch over things,  And it all went fine.

Judy - What color are you doing the kitchen and dining room in?

I forget :P ..though with the chair rail it's  a lighter (neutral with maybe a hint of yellow if I remember correctly) and under the rail a deeper color in same family.

It'll complement the flooring (Kingston Cherry) and the kitchen.

Oh, Joanne.  I am so happy for you.  I can tell there is less stress in your life already.  That's so great!   :yay

I went for a walk around the block this afternoon.  My speed and stamina have definitely improved.  From my door to the street, around, and back to my door is 0.6 of a mile.  The direction I chose is a constant upgrade that gets steeper the farther I get for about 1/2 of the way, downhill for 1/4 of the way, and lever (more or less) for 1/4 of the way.  On the downslope there were dry leaves on the sidewalk.  I schlepped through them and it was such fun!  I felt like a kid again.   :lol

That's what I do when I come across a pile of leaves too!!

Tonight I worked on the pattern for the material I had sorted out yesterday.  Unfortunately, by the time I had it all plotted out, I didn't have enough of either the gold or grey material.  However, I found some other pieces that will work.  Yeah!  I like these two and especially with the way the pattern works.  So I'm not unhappy with it.   :D

Marisa ~ I vote for crochet!   :P

Have a great day my friends!

Archived