Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Judy, What an awesome son and gift! Have fun playing on it.

Linda, Hoping your not still aching today.

Mary, The blanket and scarves are beautiful! 

Cindy, Hoping you had a relaxing day before you have to go work the weekend. We don't have much snow here, not even an inch.

We got home a couple of hours ago. Today I helped Maya with her school craft project. She had to cut out a Christmas tree from a piece of poster board.  Yesterday we went to Goodwill and the The Dollar Tree and picked up a green placemat for the tree and decorations. We got it started and she and her mom can finish it. She gave me the one we did for Halloween.

Maya makes cards now. She made grandpa and I one. It said Happy Thanksgiving. Love Maya. You are amazing. I hugged her and told her she is to.

Tomorrow is the memorial service for hubby's ex. I'm making a dish which I still have to do tonight. And I'm taking 4 loaves of banana bread.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent most of the afternoon & evening at Rosie's again.  I was doing pretty good until I got roped into a couple of Rosie's projects.  She had a table runner kit that Andrea had gotten her a couple of years ago that she wanted to get made, but she didn't want to make it.  Candy and I got roped into helping/ making it for her.  I ended up with little tiny scissors, cutting out the open parts of one of the salmon that are going onto it.  Oh....My....Lord....  What a task.  I got one almost completely cut out.  Then Candy and Rosie decided we all needed to make zippered bags out of duct tape.  They got all the stuff at Michael's and we sat around the table and made them after supper.  Getting the duct tape all put together correctly was a bit of a task, but we all completed at least one of them and they are rather cool.  I made mine large enough for my quilting scissors, rotary cutter and what not.  It's actually not bad.  And we all had fun.

Work tomorrow and Candy & David head back home tomorrow after lunch, too.  So schedule is getting back to normal soon.

Good morning housemates :hi

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving :hug  Mine was great....we had dinner at my parents house and then we had family in and out all day!  Yesterday we went out shopping.  I got a pair of boots for $15 and then we went to the outlets in Reading.  My dad needs jeans and dress pants since he lost some weight and his are always falling off lol.  We did really well there.  When we got back we ran to Kmart and Old Navy for just a couple things.  Hopefully today is a leisure day.  I've been working on my Christmas sweater and now have started the front panel after finishing the back panel.  Then I'll still have the sleeves and collar.

Oh, and thanks for all your input about the guy :hug

I didn't take notes on what I read, but:

Mary - Gorgeous projects!

Marlene - I agree that the bully needs to be reported if not yet.

Judy - How wonderful to have the special time with your goddaughter.

Linda - I hope you were able to warm up yourself.

Cindy - I hope work goes well for you this weekend and be careful with the snow.

Gotta run to help mom with breakfast....

Happy Saturday, everyone. :)   Thanks to all of you for the compliments on my projects. :manyheart

Linda ~ So glad you've had a good Thanksgiving with friends!  It sounds like lots of fun...well, except for the shopping at Belks. :lol   I hope you have lots of customers at work today!

Joanne ~ How wonderful to have your DD come for a visit!  Your day with the little ones sounds so nice. :yes

Marisa ~ Enjoy the rest of your visit!  When will you return to Pittsburgh?

Marlene ~ Thinking of your family today as you go to the service. :hug   I'm glad you had such a good time with Maya!

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Yesterday, we put up our outside decorations.  Always very simple - white lights in the bushes and small trees and lighted wreaths on each window.  And a 5' Santa who waves.  He's getting pretty old, so we hope he can keep waving one more year. :lol

We're staying with the boys this afternoon so DD and her DH can go to the final TCU home game.  Sometimes SIL takes Luke, but it's cloudy and chilly today. 

Have a great day, ladies!

Happy Saturday, everyone.  It didn't get quite so cold last night, but it was only 37* when I took Sweet Pea for her walk this morning at 9:30.  And it's not supposed to get out of the upper 40s all week.  It feels colder today because there's a breeze.  Even though it's not a lot, when it hits me I feel cold.

I thought about trying to go bowling yesterday, but it died in the thinking about it.  Considering that I can barely get down on that knee it was more a moment of wishful thinking, that something to seriously consider actually doing.   :P   I was in a couple of "mom" leagues when the kids were young, but haven't been in years.  My average was around 150 - 175.  Now?  Maybe 100, if that.   :lol It was a fun daydream.   :)

Marisa, it sounds like you are having a great time at your folk's place.  Enjoy the rest of your time with them.  Someone who gets plastered at a meet the friends party, is apt to get that way at other inappropriate times as well.  Especially since he never really apologized for the behavior.  You deserve so much better.

I envy those of you who live close enough to your grandchildren to see them often.  You can never get those experiences back, if you miss them.  It's one reason I'm thinking about whether to move back to Iowa or stay here permanently.  :think  Family pulls me to go back and the weather pulls me to stay put.   :scrachin   It won't be until next summer if I do, but which way to jump is still up in the air.   :2spin

Enjoy the boys while mom and dad are at the game, Mary.   :manyheart

Hello ladies. Had an enjoyable but very busy day at work today. I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm tired now. Sounds like we could all use a rest though, you've all been busy.

Tonight is going to be a sit by the fire and craft evening!

Hello housemates!

I got a new laptop so I can come back home.  I didn't read the post so I can't comment individually.  I've really missed you guys.  I hope everyone is well and had an enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday.

My sister is here from Alabama so I won't stay on here long.  Just wanted to check in.

I'll be back tomorrow.

'Morning, House. :tea  Hot tea tastes good this a.m. :)

Valerie!  It's so good to see your post...Congratulations on getting your new laptop! :cheer  

We had a good day with the little guys. :manyheart   Today, I hope to finish putting out Christmas things and get some crochet time, too.

Good morning!

Mary- I forgot to mention the other day how lovely your projects are!!! I was interrupted by my DD when I was posting and had to log off. We had a wonderful day together -haven't had one on one time in a while. She brought her laundry and did that and we also braved the stores in the afternoon. Although the stores we went to weren't bad at all- Hobby Lobby, TJMaxx and Gap. I got her Christmas shopping done! She was able to get some art supplies she needed, and some clothes and a purse. She also helped me pick out some things for her sisters! Yesterday, I headed to B&N to get the new Mitch Albom book , "The First Call from Heaven" for me with my 30% off coupon. I also went to Marshall's and picked up some socks for all my DD's (this is a holiday tradition and they actually all asked me if I was still going to get them socks--they look forward to them). Who knew socks could be such a hit?  LOL

DH and went out to late lunch/dinner and then over to visit DD and the boys for a little bit. Today I am planning to get out the Christmas decorations in the morning and then relax the rest of the day.

Linda- It IS wonderful being lucky enough to live so close to my grandsons. I can imagine what a hard decision this will be for you.

As expensive as it is to live in NJ, I can't imagine moving anywhere since I am so lucky to have them close by. Of course, once we retire, we may have no choice but to move...but that's down the road a few years so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Cindy- Glad you had a good day at work and I'm sure you enjoyed your time by the fireplace and crafting.

Judy- I'll bet you are having a ball with your new ipad! I have the first gen ipad that still works well, and I'm thinking of giving it to my DD. It would be fine to put kids apps on it. She has the Nook Tablet that she uses, but this would be a larger size sceen.

Marisa- Sounds like you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. And what a score on those boots!!! I thought I did good yesterday when I was at Marshall's and got a pair on clearance for 25.00 that had to jump in my cart!

Val- Glad to have you back 'home" Enjoy your new laptop!!!!

Sherry- How was your long weekend so far? Did you make any progress on the afghans you need to finish?

Marlene- I hope that yesterday wasn't too difficult. I'm glad that you had a great time with Maya and the card she made is precious. Those are the kinds of things that melt your heart!

I guess it's time for me to pour another cup of coffee and pull out the decorations. I'm looking forward to Christmas with all my girls home for the holidays!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Good morning, gang!  I slept late.  My bed was so nice and warm I just couldn't manage to come awake enough to get up.  Then it was weigh in time with the scale.  With two days of Thanksgiving goodies and a splurge day at Captain D's I was expecting to have gained back all I'd lost.  Imagine my shock when I actually weighed in 2.5 pounds lighter!  :eek  Wow!  How did that happen?  I'm delighted.   :D

Val it was sooo good to see your post this morning.  Welcome back!  How are you feeling?  What are you working on now?

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.   :ghug

I have survived a week of not reading or playing computer games, but it was hard.  It really showed me how much time I spend on them in a week.  And how many other things can get done in that amount of time.  Something to consider as I put them back in my schedule.   :P

Hello, another busy but good day at work. I have the next four days off.

Val, so great to see you back here. We've missed you!

I knitted on a scarf yesterday, and plan to do more of the same today.

I'll be more talkative tomorrow, :)

Hi Ladies,

Val, So nice to see you back. Enjoy your new computer.

Mary, I miss decorating inside and outside for Christmas. I do put some stuff out and add more decorations to the tree. With us leaving the day after Christmas it doesn't make sense to decorate the yard.

Marisa, A good buy on boots. If your not home already have safe travels home.

Linda, Tough decision you have to make on moving or staying. Congratulations on the weight loss.

Joanne, Sounds like a great weekend with your family.

Judy, How's the new Ipad?

Cindy, Enjoy the next 4 days off.

We attended the memorial service yesterday for hubby's ex. It was a nice service and lots of people. Some of hubby's family came and that was nice.

Today we went up to Gordy and Mary's. They bought some new curtains and I put them up and took them back down. They didn't like them. So she's going to let me know when she gets some new ones.

Tomorrow were going to go car shopping. Hope everyone has a nice Monday!

Joanne - it's be a fairly nice weekend!!  I finished the boys afghans last weekend and have them hidden.  Littlest one keeps asking if I've started on his LOL  I tell him he'll just have to wait and see--mean Grandma that I am.  I'm working on DD's afghan (that was supposed to be a jacket--found some squares that hadn't been sewn together).. I really swear that this purple yarn doesn't want to be made into anything!  It's a granny square pattern, so I sew them together and then begin going around them in another yarn--it's was ruffling, ugh.  So I frogged it and started over, using only 2 dc and 1 ch and it's doing much better.  So maybe I'll get that one done by Christmas.  I'm also finishing an owl potholder, and some texting gloves.  I got the scarves made, just waiting until it's time to wrap them.

Mary - love your projects!!  Get ready for some more very COLD weather--we're supposed to get more ice this week (Thursday and Friday).  I'm voting to stay at home and crochet!!

Marlene - enjoy your car shopping--I hate to car shop--hopefully you'll find exactly what you want/need.

I didn't do the Black Friday thing--it got a little wild two years ago, so we don't go anymore when they open.  We wait until later in the morning and go.  No one is fighting by that time.

Also, we had a bad water leak at work on Wednesday--I'm at Walmart buying groceries and getting calls from everyone on what to do.  They ended up calling a plumber to come and fix it.  Bad news is it leaked in DD's classroom, so we went this morning and cleaned up it (have to sanitize all the toys) and mop the floor.   I'm hoping the new dishwasher that was installed is worth all this mess--the old one was at least 40 years old and needed to be replaced.  I'm really hoping for a nice, quiet week-- but somehow I don't see that happening this week with the weather coming in :(

Everyone have a wonderful Monday!!!  Hugs to all of you!

morning, peeps!

Sherry, good luck finishing your projects. :cheer

Marlene, glad hubby's family was with him.... :hug

My iPad is so fast and very lightweight - I'm afraid it's going to slip through my fingers, so I'll be getting a sturdy case to wrap around it as well as the protective film for the glass. I have that on my Nook tablet and it's been a lifesaver.

Joanne, I went to Moore Yarns yesterday...and a couple of skeins decided to come home with me. One for knitting on size 9 needles and one for crocheting :D . The people who work there are so very nice!! I hope they do well, esp since their yarn is pricey.

Have a good day my friends - my usual Monday: laundry, etc, despite it being our anniversary.

46 years...where on earth did the time go?! :P

Good morning housemates,

Thank you all for the warm welcome home.  You're the reason I love living in this "house." 

I didn't get a chance to get on yesterday...sister was here from Alabama.

I have lots to do today.  I have to pick up police report...a lady hit me in the back on Tuesday.  I have to deal with extending the time for the rental car and contact her insurance.

Oh, I have a new baby in my house...a great nephew.  He was a surprise.  There's a story.  I'll tell you all about Jacob Matthew later.

Have a great day everybody!

Oh, Judy...happy anniversary to you both.

BBL

morning, peeps!

Sherry, good luck finishing your projects. :cheer

Marlene, glad hubby's family was with him.... :hug

My iPad is so fast and very lightweight - I'm afraid it's going to slip through my fingers, so I'll be getting a sturdy case to wrap around it as well as the protective film for the glass. I have that on my Nook tablet and it's been a lifesaver.

Joanne, I went to Moore Yarns yesterday...and a couple of skeins decided to come home with me. One for knitting on size 9 needles and one for crocheting :D . The people who work there are so very nice!! I hope they do well, esp since their yarn is pricey.

Have a good day my friends - my usual Monday: laundry, etc, despite it being our anniversary.

46 years...where on earth did the time go?! :P

Happy Anniversary, Judy!!! Which yarn did you get. I'm working with the Ella Rae Seasons yarn and knitting a cowl. I love the yarn.  For a LYS, I didn't think the prices were bad--definitely not Michaels or AC Moore or HL prices. But some of the yarn is just so nice to work with!!! I hope they do well too- they ARE very friendly. One of the gals at craft club who knits/crochets/sews/and does just about everything crafty got a PT job there!

Speaking of which, time for me to head to craft club. I'll catch up with the rest of the posts later.

Thanks Val and Joanne. :heart

Joanne, I also got the Seasons yarn - in the blue. It'll match my winter coat perfectly! I already started knitting with it - all knit stitch. Maybe I'll turn it into a circular scarf. The yarn is a dream to use. The other is variegated in Ella rae Cozy Soft prints - pinks, plums, green....reminds me of a garden. I'll crochet with that, maybe with a big hook so it's lacy.... Have fun at craft club - wonder if Phyllis has been going there lately....

Hello everyone. I had a very lazy day today. I changed sheets and cooked dinner and other than that I read and did a little online shopping. I slept really badly all weekend, so I decided to take the day off! Tomorrow I'll get to my laundry and other chores. At the moment dh and I are sitting by the fire, he's reading, and I was knitting. I'll go back to that in a few minutes.

Judy, happy anniversary. I'm always worried about dropping my IPad too. I have a cover for the mini IPad, but not for the regular size one, so I made it a cozy out of a recycled felted wool sweater. It does have a protective film cover too. It's mostly the mini that I carry around though, since it fits in my purse.

Joanne, enjoy craft club.

Val, congrats on the new nephew. Hope you weren't hurt in the accident.

Sherri, your dgs will be so surprised when he gets his afghan!

Amazon is having a big kindle book sale today. Thus far I have purchased 19 books, plus I got dh to buy me a Nook simple touch for Christmas. It was half price and I've been wanting an ereader that I can read out in the sun. There's too much glare on my IPad for outside reading.

Hi, everyone.  It's been a pretty quiet day, but did have to run a few errands.  I ordered pizza for supper along with bacon cheese sticks.  I've been so hungry for pizza.  I finally gave in.  Besides it was half price following yesterday's win by the Falcons.  $25 worth of pizza for $12.50.  What a deal.

Val, I'm so glad to see your back in here again.  You've been missed.  And congratulations on the new nephew.

Cindy,  take care.

Sherry, hope you stay safe in the bad weather headed your way.

Judy, Happy Anniversary to you and hubby.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Happy Anniversary!  Your new yarn sounds nice and soft. Can't wait to see it.

Val, Congratulations on the new baby in the house. We have a great grandbaby due some

where between 1 and 2 months.

Sherry, DGS is going to be surprised. I hope your weather doesn't get that bad.

Cindy, Good deal talking DH into buying you what you want for Christmas and getting a bargain to.

Linda, Good deal on the pizza.

We were all day and night at the dealers today but we did leave with a new car. We bought a 2014 Ford Escape. It some changes that were an improvement but there is also a couple of changes that are negative. Oh well can't have it all. I had the freshest coffee I have ever had there. It ground the coffee grounds for my coffee then made it. Can't get any fresher than that. Now if only they sold those machines form home use.

I have an eye appt next Thursday. Going to need glasses I can't read the screen in front of me in the car. You certainly can't be taking reading glasses of and on while driving and I don't want to be pushing the wrong buttons until I get things down pat.

Guess what we forgot to take with us this today. The title to the car. So we have to make another trip down with it.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Judy ~ Happy Anniversary to you both - one day late. :manyheart   Your new yarn sounds lovely!

Valerie ~ Can't wait to hear about  little Jacob! :c9   I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the accident aftermath. :hug   Have you been crocheting a lot?

Sherry ~ Yes, the end of the week could be not much fun weather-wise.  They're talking ice again - hope they're wrong!

Joanne ~ I'm so glad you're back in a "normal" life and can make it to craft club again!  Is Ryan getting excited about Santa?  This is the first year that Luke is really in the Santa mode. :lol

Marlene ~ Congrats on the new Escape!  How is Miss Daisy?

Hi to the rest of the House, too!  :manyheart

Gracie is out roaming around the back yard and so I guess I'm up for good.  Will check back in later. :yes

Good morning,

Cindy- I have the Nook Simple touch and I love it- it is perfect for reading outdoors! The prices on them for 39 is a steal!. I've been eyeing the ipad air like Judy got. Going to wait to see if we get a bonus this year and if we do how much we get.

Judy- Phyllis has been coming to CC- she was finishing up a gorgeous afghan last night- the colors reminded me of sea and sand- it was made up of different 12 inch squares and was absolutely beautiful- she said the colors were called 'serene' and the name fit the colors perfectly! I had eyed the Seasons blue yarn but ended up with bright colors. The name escapes me right now, but i love how it is knitting up.

Marlene- Congrats on the new car! A neighbor of our bought the Escape and loves it. Wishing you lots of happy miles in it! What color did you get? are you starting to get ready for your trek to Texas?

Linda- Congrats to you on the weight loss!! That's awesome considering the holidays!

Sherry- Hope your Monday went well at work.

Mary- Now that the blanket is done have you started anything else? I've got a cowl on the hook and a cowl on the needles!

Val- Congrats on the arrival of the new little one! I hope there wasn't too much damage to your vehicle and that you weren't hurt!

Marisa- Have you arrived back home in Pitt? How's the sweater coming along?

Time for me to get ready for the day! Hope you all have a good one.

Mary- we posted at the same time! Ryan is excited to see all the Christmas lights and I'm not quite sure he understands the whole concept..I think next year when he is closer to 3 1/2 will be the really fun Christmas!  I think I'm more excited this year then I've been in a while!

Have a good day!

Good morning housemates!

Jaleia (she was a passenger) and I are both okay.  My right side was pushed up into the tire making the care non drivable.  We were hit really hard.  I got the rental car taken care of...now to get everything else done.

Joanne - I'm glad you were able to make it to craft club.  Are you done with your project at work?  How's your grandsons?

Marlene - congrats on your new car.  I drive a 2003 Ford escape.  It's still going strong.  What color did you get?

Sherry - Hope all went well for you on Monday.

Linda - Congrats on the weight loss.  We've had pizza several times in the last two week.  It's been delicious.

Cindy - are you stashing electronics like you? :lol

Mary - I've made a few scarves.  How are your grandsons?  What are you working on?  I love the projects I saw a few posts up.

Judy - What's Lucy and Sparkie up to?

Marisa - I hope all is well with you.  How's your mom?

Well, I'm off to make phone calls and run errands...bbl.

Have a good day all.

Archived