Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlene ~ Prayers and hugs being sent to your SD's family. :hug  

Sorry to have been MIA  again for a couple days.  It's just been very busy with not much free time.  Tomorrow looks much better, though. :yes  

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know hubby's ex died this morning. Please keep Tisa and family in your prayers. Thanks!

Prayers headed their way, Marlene.

It was a lot warmer today.  Still chilly, but not as bad as the last 3-4 days.    Work went well, too.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

Good morning,

Marlene- Sorry to hear about your DHs ex- keeping you all and her family in my prayers.

Cindy- Rest as much as you can. Those colds are bummers! The one I had about a month ago was the worst I had in years! Hugs!

Linda- Glad that you are closed on Thanksgiving! I refuse to go shopping on Thanksgiving- to me, this is a day of family! Can't believe that more and more stores are opting to open on Thanksgiving!

Judy- I'll bet your glad to have your space back!!! Looking forward to the pictures!

Had a nice day with my DD's yesterday. Picked up oldest around 3 from the train! Too bad she heads back home this evening. Looking forward to seeing everyone today at the Baptism...so on that note, it's time for me to get off the internet and start getting ready.

Have a good day everyone

Good Morning!  Up early again :(  At least littlest one is still sleeping.  So much for my plans to work on his afghan--he wouldn't go home with mommy yesterday, so he's here for all day today but we enjoy it.  He insisted that we put up the Christmas tree yesterday--so we've cleaned the area for the tree and will probably put it up today but won't decorate until after thanksgiving (if we can ignore his sweet requests to decorate). 

Joanne - enjoy your day with everyone today.

Cindy - get some rest and spend your time crocheting.  Eat some chicken noodle soup to help you feel better--always works with me.

Judy - glad you're able to get back to normal in your home. 

Linda - glad you won't be working on Thanksgiving.  I won't be shopping on Thanksgiving, I think the stores should be closed. 

Marlene - prayers for the family.

Mary - hope things are going well.

Well, I'd better go and get my coffee and have a little quiet time before the little one gets up--he's sleeping in this morning LOL  He's usually up by 6!  Have a great Sunday!!  Hugs to all.

Good morning. Still fighting that cold, although it think it's a bit better today. I hope so, I have a busy week ahead of me.

Joanne, enjoy your day with your family.

Linda, I don't shop on Thanksgiving, and I don't care to shop the day after either, although recently one of my sister in laws has dragged me out that day. I don't usually buy anything because I refuse to stand in line for 45 minutes or an hour to spend money.

I downsized by another two boxes of cookbooks, just one more shelf to go, plus the odd cookbooks that are mixed in with other books. Not sure what will be next, but I know it won't be my yarn or fabric. Maybe my clothes again. I got rid of a lot, but there is still quite a lot that I rarely wear.

A couple of weeks ago we went to a hayride/bonfire gathering on a really cold day. I wanted to wear boots, but couldn't find mine. I've been through every closet and box in the house since then, and haven't located them. I'm beginning to wonder if I accidentally took them to Goodwill. Possibly they are in a cabinet in ds room, but he still has a ton of boxes in there, and it's hard to get at anything in there.

It's quite warm here today, (60 degrees already) and dh wants to grill for dinner even though it's supposed to storm. It's probably one of our last chances for him to grill comfortably, although we do sometimes grill in winter. At least it's easy for me. Just bake some potatoes and make a salad and dinner is ready.

Sherri, it's so sweet how much your littlest gs loves you. Have fun with him today.

Have a great day ladies.

Cindy I find I keep wearing the same things, too. But it's a case of "I might need this" that keeps me from ditching things,

I hope you get to grill today - we have temps like you but it's foggy and raw out there.

PICTURES!

my corner of the world...has everything I need (and Sparkie, too....his pile of blankets is behind my chair).  As I mentioned, very subtle colors, but it works. We are sooooo glad to have the work done!

post-8552-0-70352600-1384707570_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-73316000-1384707581_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-71969400-1384707611_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-43388200-1384707625_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-74896900-1384707638_thumb.jpg

Hi, my friends.  It's been a quiet day here today.  I slept in and didn't really want to get up when I finally did.  It is gloomy, grey, drizzling rain, and foggy out today.  I've walked Sweet Pea twice, but I put off going to the stores, because it's so nasty outside.  

Talked to Rosie tonight.  Everyone is sick at her house and at daughter, Andrea's house.  If Rosie &/or John come down with what Andrea and the girls have, to will put a royal kibosh on the Thanksgiving plans.  The kids have a mild case of Phipps disease and Andrea has a bad case of it.  Pink cheeks and an all-over body rash that is very itchy.  Rosie and John have both been exposed to it in the contagious period.  I certainly don't want it.   :no

I lost 1 1/4 pounds last week.  I think that's a total of 4 pounds in 4 weeks.  At least I have lost each week.  I took out an inch from the middle of a pair of jeans that were getting way too loose.  Two darts in the back took care of it.  Could probably take out more, but think I'll wait until I can comfortably take out that much again.

So far I'm staying on track with the shawl pattern now that there are markers every four stitches.  It's really helping.  It's saved me a couple of times already.   :D

Judy the pictures of the kitchen & dining area are beautiful.  Even Sparkie looks comfortable and happy.

Cindy, it's so nice that GSs love staying with you.  I miss that.

Good morning House!

We had an awesome day yesterday. Robbie was great during the ceremony and didn't even cry! We had a lovely time at the luncheon afterwards and it was so good to catch up with my brothers and sisters-in-law! The day flew by. Took my DD to the train and got an email this morning that she is home safe and sound. And she may be coming down for Christmas! No promises, but she said she is going to see if she can get the Thurs and Fri off after Christmas!

Linda- That's great that you have lost 1 lb/lweek! Keep it up!!!

Cindy- Glad to hear you are feeling a little better!! Hope you rested yesterday!

Judy- Love the rooms! Looks very cozy, as you said!!! Enjoy having your space back!

Sherry- Aww, that's so sweet that your GS loves staying with you! 

Marlene- Keeping you in my thoughts!

Marisa- Hey, how bout the Steelers AND Giants each getting another win yesterday?

Mary- Did you have a chance to have any 'me' time this weekend?

Keeping all those who were affected by the midwest storms in my thoughts.

Off to begin another work week! Have a good Monday everyone!

Good morning. It's a work day for me today.. I only slept for about three hours last night, so it will be a difficult day. We did not have ay damage to speak of from the storms but my bil and sil have tornado damage to their home. Part of their roof is gone and their deck and garage are damaged. Thankfully, they are safe. Ds said there wasn't much damage at his place, which is about 30 miles from here, but his power was out.

Have a great day, ladies.

'morning, my friends!

Linda, WTG on the losing streak!

Cindy, wow....THat's horrible about the tornadoes yesterday. I hope your BIL and SIL's house gets repaired quickly and no one you know was hurt. They scare me. I remember all the tornado watches in St. Louis... :(

Joanne, You sounds so good! Job change and family time are the best....

Yup....cozy space I have now. THe laundry roomand side door the dogs go out is right there, too - so I really do lice in there :lol

Have a good day everyone :hug

Hi!  Last night was a night of little sleep again.  My head would not turn off.  Ended up with about 4 hours of sleep late last night/mid morning.  Don't feel too bad, so will just try for more sleep tonight.  Ended up watching Christmas movies.  My shawl in Cindy's pattern is coming along.  Maybe 8 inches long now.  I did a couple of ad hoc fixes where something goofed up.  Somehow the twists missed each other.  I tied them together with a small square knot of extra yarn and you can barely see them.   :)

Have some errands to run and bills to pay today.  I'm also going to look into a pottery class.  It's 3 hours/week for 8 weeks.  Don't know the cost yet, but I'm seriously contemplating doing it.  It's something I've always wanted to try.  DD is super good at it, although see doesn't have a wheel yet.  That's somewhere in the future for her.

DD is job hunting.  She's looking for something where she lives, instead of having a three hour one way commute once a week.  If you'd say a little prayer for her it would be appreciated.

Cindy, I'm so glad your family is safe.  They are scary.  The might of Mother Nature on display.

Joanne, sounds like a wonderful time with family this weekend.   :yay

Linda, good thoughts and prayers for DD and a new job....

And pottery sounds wonderful! My SIL has been doing it for years now and loves it. She found a group of people to share her love with and they have shows and everything. It's so creative. I hope it's not too expensive a class.

Good afternoon housemates :hi

It was a busy weekend here.  Pitt lost on Saturday, but we had fun.  As Joanne mentioned the Steelers won and I got to go to the game!  It was ugly and my sister's friend backed out last minute :)  Aside from all that, not much else.  I have a dinner date tonight!

Cindy - Sounds like you're making great progress with your decluttering!  I sure hope you're feeling better now!  Sending prayers for your sil and bil and their house.

Linda - I hope your joints are feeling better.  Glad to hear that you're making headway with the shawl.  Prayers that your dd finds a job closer to home.  I hope your pottery class isn't too expensive.

Joanne - Awesome family weekend!  WTG Steelers and Giants for winning AND of course the Eagles too! :)

Marlene - Prayers for Tisa and family!

Sherry - Ninja night sounds great!  Christmas is surely in the air.

Judy - I love the paint and floors, great pics

Mary - busy, busy, busy....I know how you feel!

'Afternoon, everyone. :)   I just read through lots of posts and won't be able to respond to everyone now.

Judy ~ Your home is so inviting!  The new paint (and floors!)  look wonderful.

I had to drive to my parents' house this a.m. :(   My brother has refused to send any mail that comes, even though I sent him self-addressed large envelopes months ago.  Even with the change of address and permanent forwarding, a few things have slipped through...just thrown in a pile on the kitchen table!  As soon as I got home, we left for another appointment.  DH may require arthroscopic shoulder surgery.  We go for an MRI tomorrow.

I promise to post more when I can.  Have a good Monday evening, friends. :manyheart

Mary, your brother sounds like a real "piece of work" as we say around here....

I hope DH's shoulder doesn't need surgery!

Thanks for the compliments, my friends... :)

Have a great night, everyone :hug

I just saw a post and picture on FB of my goddaughter and a  girlfriend at college with arms full of yarn - she learned how to crochet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to talk to her about it when she comes home for Thanksgiving vacation!

Can you guess how excited I am?!?!?!?! :yay  :yay  :clap  :cheer

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Yes I can hear your excitement. She will know who to call on for anything she needs to know. Your home looks lovely and comfy.   

Joanne, Glad you had a nice with all your family.

Sherry, It 's so nice DGS wants to spend time with you.

Mary, Hope DH doesn't require surgery. Sorry your brother isn't being very thoughtful. Hope things slow down for you real soon.

Cindy, Hope your bil and sil can get there home fixed right away. Are you feeling better?

Linda, Praying DD can find a job closer to home. Sounds like the markers was the fix for you on the shawl. Hope Rosie and John don't come down with what there daughter and family has. Good job on the weight loss. I hope the pottery class will work out for you. My Grandma used to do ceramics. I always wanted to but never did.

Marisa, Hope your having a nice time on your date tonight.

SD and I have spent a lot of time on the telephone the last two days. Her Mom wanted to be cremated and buried with her son Bobby. He was killed in a car accident when he was 7. So that is happening and there having a memorial service at the grave side, but not until the 30th. They were having there Thanksgiving dinner that day so SD and her aunt decided to do it that day to since there family was going to be together anyways.

Hubby worked Saturday, sunday and today processing deer. Today they had to bring him home. He was light headed and very dizzy. He slept all afternoon. He feels better.

We have a piece of metal trim that was ripped loose in the storm last night. It won't be fixed anytime to soon. It is up at the peak of the house and I won't climb up that high and I don't want hubby doing it either right now. DS is away right now. I would of sworn are roof lifted last night. It was on the opposite side of the house.

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. Another friend has died. I've had about enough of this funeral stuff now.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Good morning!

Two weeks in a row I made it to craft club! It feels great to be getting back to some normalcy!

Cindy and Marlene- Glad that there wasn't too much damage from those awful storms! Hoping that your DS has his power back adn that it won't be too long before BIL can get his house fixed! 

Cindy- After getting so little sleep and not feeling well, I hope you had an easy day at work yesterday.

Marlene- Sorry that you have lost another friend. Hopefully, this will be the end of funerals you have to attend for a while. Hoping that DH is ok!

Linda- Prayers and positive thoughts for your DD!! Pottery classes sound fun. My DD actually teaches pottery to children in a program run at the Montclair Art Museum by a friend of hers.  Mmmm....maybe when I have some more time, I should have her teach me!

Judy- Bundle up- the weather is cold again today! How exciting that your Goddaughter has learned how to crochet!!!! Maybe you can buy her a nice little gift of some special yarn! You know, at the new LYS that is opening up! Not to enable or anything. LOL

Mary- Hope life calms down--how frustrating your brother is!!

Marisa- What did you mean it was ugly? The game was ugly? I didn't watch it since we were celebrating after the baptism. But we did watch the Giants game. How nice of them to plan a 4:30 game on the day of Robbie's baptism! And to win! LOL How'd the date go?

Well, gotta run- have a good Tuesday! Taking my car for it's scheduled maintenance after work today so won't get home till later. But it's so nice to schedule an appointment and know that I'll actually be out of work on time to keep it!

Good morning everyone.  I'm tired today for some reason.  I think the pain in my joints is wearing me down.  Sigh!  At least it's sunny today, which helps.  I forgot some things at Walmart yesterday so will have to make another trip later today.  I did find a really pretty piece of material for the back of the quilt for my neighbor's new baby.  None of the colors are traditional baby colors, but they are bright and cheerful.  One is a mottled light pink so I guess that is more or less traditional.  That's for the big blocks.  The 9-patch blocks are a bold purplish pink color with bits of gold outlining the flower petals.  The other is a medium green with little purple flowers.  The back will be bold deep pinks, greens, and purples.

How'd the date go, Marisa?  Hope you both had a good time.

Marlene, it sounds like you should have the roof checked out to make sure it's okay.  If it felt like it lifted in the storm, there could well be some damage there.  Hope this is the last of the funerals for a while.  

Oh, Joanne, it sounds like you made a great decision in switching to a different area.  You sound so much happier and much more relaxed.

Love you all.   :ghug

Hi, ladies!

We had a busy morning: electrician had to come to repair/replace 2 outlets and then we went to Cosco (renewed our lapsed membership). It was fun exploring - I actually took notes :lol

Linda, I love non traditional colors for baby blankets. The quilt sounds like it'll be a fun one!

Marisa - how did the dinner date go?

Joanne, it's a LYS - not a chain store? Looking forward to having one so close!

Marlene, it sounds like DH overdid it! And sending you :hug

About yarn: I will have to look for something special for Alyson, once I see what shew likes to make. Maybe when they ask me about December presents for me I can suggest a Michaels gift Card :lol  :lol :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Well, the date went well last night.  We were chatting late and he ended up staying over, but I made myself perfectly clear that it wasn't an invitation for any 'funny business', which he respected and remained a gentleman :yes  I thought it was the better option because it was late and we'd had a few drinks and he would've had about a 45 minute drive home!  He's coming out with my friends and I on Friday for 'light up night' and who knows what he's in for with them :eek

I had a new patient scheduled at 1 this afternoon, but she rescheduled for Friday because as she was getting ready to leave her son busted his chin open.  So, she got to go to the ER instead...she thinks he needs stitches :(  Poor kid!!!

Mary - I hope DH's MRI goes well, I know people that have had the arthroscopic surgery and did well with it.  Sorry you're brother is not being agreeable, I surely know what that's like :(

Judy - :woo for your goddaughter learning to crochet!

Marlene - I hope DH is feeling better, did he get a workup?  I hope your roof isn't too bad, but you better have it looked at in case there is damage that can lead to even further damage.

Joanne - How exciting to make craft club 2 weeks in a row!  I had to go back to see what I wrote....I was referring to the weather being ugly.  It rained and rained because we had the outskirts of the tornados, the winds picked up later but that was after the game.

Linda - Get some rest and hopefully you'll feel a bit better.  I can't wait to see pics of the baby quilt.

Archived