Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I think I've got everything done but the kitchen, laundry and packing. The flight is at 9:30 am, which means I leave here at 6:00 am. Ouch! :eek I am NOT an early riser. Oh, well. It's worth it. :manyheart

Safe travels, Linda! And I know you'll have a good time! :D:manyheart

Cindy ~ Enjoy your evening "home alone." When DH traveled all the time, I sure got a lot more crocheting done! :)

Marisa ~ Just sending your patients cards is plenty! :yes We stopped sending cards several years ago and donate the money we would have spent. I still address cards for DH's customers, though. I hope Averie is okay.

I'm babysitting for Zachary tomorrow morning. :c9 Luke will be at pre-school and I will have Zach all to myself for the first time. DD has just started freezing milk, so she can leave him once in a while now - 8 weeks old already!

I finished the other two toddler scarves and worked on the next fishy 'ghan for a while this afternoon. Crocheting felt wonderful! :hook

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, I hope youngest GS is feeling better today. It's great the your GS wanted to learn to crochet. Hope your feeling better to and that your week at work goes easy on you.

Marisa, You did the right thing blocking your brother and sil. Sorry you have to go through it though. Glad the rest of your weekend was fun. Cute story of the 9 year old.

Mary, Enjoy your alone time with Zachary tomorrow.

Linda, Have a great time with DD and GS. Safe travels! When will you get back home? I will probably be on my way to Texas or there when you get home. Have a Merry Christmas and A Healthy and Happy New Year!

Cindy, Enjoy your alone time tonight.

Judy, Hope the wrap works out for you.

I will let Maya know everyone said Congratulations to her. Thanks! We will be meeting her and her Mom thursday after she gets out of school.

Today I hunted everywhere I could think of for my recipe for raspberry pie and couldn't find it. I use jello in mine instead of tapiaco. I did find a recipe, but I called a friend and she said to any fruit recipe it will work. Another friend who is deceased gave me a recipe for strawberry pie so I used hers. We had a slice tonight and it was good. Tomorrow I will make the sweet potato pie and potato soup. And get some things ready for Texas. I was up until almost 2 last night and awake at 6 so I'm tired and ready to go to bed. Have a nice evening everyone!

Hi all. This will be my last check-in until I arrive in Cedar Rapids I think. I'm almost finished packing, the fridge is cleared out, and the trash taken out. I've packed yarn and pattern for a shawl to take with, assuming the suitcase will close. Still have a few dishes to wash up. Then off to bed.

Have a great day tomorrow. :hug:manyheart

Marlene ~ The strawberry pie sounds yummy! I hope you can take a little "you" time over the next few days. :manyheart

Linda ~ The shawl is lovely! "See" you when you get to Iowa!

I'm on my way to DD's in a few minutes - Have a good day, everyone. :)

Good morning ladies :hi

A quick check while waiting for my patient :) Last night I worked on Steph's gloves a bit and still have 4 fingers to do! I slept in this morning after turning off the alarm and so I didn't get to the gym :eek I'm having the knit the bridge group here tonight again, but I think I'll be working on the gloves :think I'm hoping to have them done by the days end. They work up fairly quickly, it just seems there's no time lately :sigh

Tis the season :wink

Linda - Beautiful shawl :manyheart Safe travels :hug

Mary - I can't believe that Zach is already 8 weeks :eek

Maya - WTG to Maya :cheer Strawberry pie sounds wonderful, but I must confess that my mouth is watering over the sweet potato pie :drool

A great big :hi to everyone else in the house....I see my patient pulling up out front :clap

Hi, ladies!!

Marisa, I hope you get some hook time!!

Linda, that shawl looks wonderful!! Safe travels!!

Mary, enjoy cuddling Zachary! 8 weeks is a precious time. That's how old DS was when we adopted him:c9

Marlene, the wrap is more of an oversized scarf (I ran out of yarn:lol). If I use a gorgeous bronze colored Christmas pin to hold the drape look I think it'll work well. I have to weave in ends and then I'll arrange it for a pic.

Have a good day everyone!:hug

Good morning housemates!

Mary - eight weeks? Time sure passes quickly. Enjoy your alone time with Zachary.

Linda - Beautiful shawl. Have a safe trip and enjoy your family.

Judy - I bet your shawl is going to be beautiful.

Marlene - Strawberry pie sound delicious. When do you leave for Texas?

Cindy & Joanne - hope you have a great day at work.

Sister and I are still under just not as bad. Great niece is now sick and has missed the last 2 days of school. We're hoping she feels well enough to go tomorrow. It is their last day of school and the Christmas party.

BBL!

Ooooo, Ingrid stopped by and brought me my holiday shirt that she made :bounce

It's my first Ingrid shirt :lol She has her own little business on the side (not enough work for it to be a full time thing)

And since I was sharing a pic of the shirt, I figured I may as well right take a pic of the one glove I have finished for Steph to show you too :clap

post-36814-135897792218_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897792223_thumb.jpg

Well, here's the wrap...hard to get a good pic of it - the red is so vivid, but I think you can see the stitches pretty good in this shot. It's a narrow wrap, but it works!

post-8552-135897792252_thumb.jpg

Oooh...pictures!

Marisa, those texting gloves are really nice.

Wow, Judy, once you got into a pattern that worked for you, your wrap certainly got finished quickly. It looks great.

Linda, that is a gorgeous shawl.

Super busy day at work again today, glad I have tomorrow off.

Good night everyone.

thanks, Cindy and Marisa!! Our book club holiday party is Thursday and I'll wear it with a white blouse and black slacks. Casual but classy - I hope!:lol

Off I go for the night - been working on the piano ghan....:D

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick one here tonight. I got the sweet potato pie baked this morning, some laundry done, a tote with some yarn and wip afghan to put together, and a big pot of potato soup (a couple of meals for us and some to share with are friends Gordy and Mary).

Linda and Judy, Gorgeous shawls!

Val, We leave on the 26th.

Marisa, The Christmas shirt is cute and love those gloves.

Cindy, Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

To the rest of the house have a good night and a great wednesday.

Hi all! I wrote this long message last night and it disappeared!! I was soo tired that I didn't try to redo it. Technology's a wonderful thing--when it works.

Linda -beautiful shawl.

Marisa - what cute gloves!! Almost makes me want to try it -- but I've got tooo many things to finish for Christmas.

Joanne - hope your week is going well.

I'm finally feeling better but I'm out of antibotic, so we'll see how I am in a couple of days. may have to call the dr again for another round of meds. Littlest GS is still sick. He has missed this week at school. Starting running almost 104 fever on Saturday, got the temp down and got new meds but he's still sick. He called me today crying that he wanted me--broke my heart that I couldn't just leave and go hold him. He wants me to take him to the dr tomorrow but I can't as we are getting a new copier and I have to be there. Just hope the dr can figure out what's wrong and get his back to his normal self (he went to bed at 7:30--he never goes that early!).

another busy week--we bought presents for 17 children for Project Noel (3 presents per child), that's a lot of presents to wrap but I do have help for that. Copier comes tomorrow--have to have the Sunday bulletin printed and the Christmas Eve done as well by Friday--then it's off for 4 days!!!! Yipee!!!! The weather men here are calling for a blizzard on Christmas night (I'm hoping they mean the evening of Christmas Day not early Christmas morning), not looking for to that again--2 years ago we had 14 inches of snow on Christmas Eve. Gotta get my shopping done--maybe do some tomorrow night.

Hope all are doing well. Hugs to all!

Good morning- Happy Hump Day!

Judy- The wrap came out beautifully- and will look stunning with a white blouse and black pants! Perfect for the holidays!!!

Marisa- Great job on the texting gloves- and love the shirt Ingrid made- just enough bling! Sorry to read about the troubles with your bro- but smart move to block his and SIL's calls.

Sherry- Hope you get all done that you need to and that the doc can help your GS! I still have all my wrapping to do- hoping to start that tonight- at least the gifts for my co-workers! I'm so glad that I made all those queen ann lace scarves this past summer!

Cindy- Enjoy your day off!

Linda- Hope you had an uneventful flight and are enjoying your time with your DD and GS

Marlene- You sure have been busy-and that potato soup sounds delicious- I also love sweet potato pie! I haven't done a lick of baking for the holidays yet. Hoping to bake some cookies this weekend- we'll see how that all plays out!

Val- It sure seems that you are all passing the germs around and sharing--Sharing is usually a good thing---but not sickness! Hugs and prayers that you are ALL feeling better soon!

Time to get ready for another busy day- 2 more days and I'm off till 2013!!!

Have a good one everyone

Good morning Housemates!

Judy - you are really feeling your crochet mojo. I see you're almost don with the piano afghan. I agree with Joanne, your beautiful red shawl would look good with a white blouse and black slacks. I'm still trying to get my crochet and any other kind of mojo back.

Marlene - You were a busy bee yesterday. I love potato soup. Potatoes are my favorite dish served any kind of way. I know you must be excited about heading to Texas.

Cindy - I hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing day off doing what your love to do.:crocheting

Sherry - I hate it when I lose a long post. I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope your GS feels better soon.:hug My DGN is sick too and has missed this week of school. She's has also been going to bed early...not normal at all. She'll miss her Christmas party today (which is their last day of school). We had a white Christmas about 3 years ago here in Georgia but nothing as heavy as you get.

Joanne - Thanks! I hope you have a great day in paradise. I've never had potato pie. What's in it? :cheer:clap for just 2 more working days before you get a long holiday vacation. I hope they pass fast for you.

Linda - I hope you had a safe and uneventful trip. Have fun!

Mary - How was your time with Baby Zachary yesterday?

Wishing everyone in the House a wonderful Wednesday!

BBL!

morning, ladies!

Thanks for the compliments on the wrap! I do love the color...what a surprise to those of you who really know me - NOT:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sherry, oh your poor GS! It's so sad when the little ones don't feel well. I hope he gets better fast.

Joanne, you're really going to enjoy your time off!! I hope the next 3 days speed by.

Off I go - will be working on the piano ghan again....in between finishing Debbie Macomber's "Let it Snow";)

Have a good one everybody!:hug:manyheart

Good morning. When I let the dog out late last night the ground was white, now its all melted and its quite foggy. Odd weather.

I am off today, except that I have a meeting at 4 this afternoon. I wish they would cancel the ones that fall around the holiday, but I suppose we'd have to make them up. since we wouldn't get our work finished if we didn't meet regularly. My only major chore for today is laundry. I may clean bathrooms as well, but I will wait until Friday (have to work again tomorrow), to do the bulk of the cleaning, in hopes that it will last until Christmas. Guess a trip to the grocery store will need to fit in there someplace as well.

All my shopping is done, the last packages arrived yesterday, and everything is wrapped. I just have to finish dgs's afghan before his birthday on the 27th. I'm getting pretty sick of it and now I wish I made it smaller. I chose to make a medium sized one, so that he could use it as he grows. Its about 52 inches wide and maybe 40 inches long currently. I plan to make it at least 52 inches long as well. At least its brainless, jsut row after row of HDC, (Which used to be one of my favorite stitches.....)

Sherri, poor dgs, little tyke must feel just awful. Hope he starts feeling better soon. I've lost long posts before too, very discouraging. I'm glad you will get some much needed days off soon.

Judy, your shawl will look really festive with black and white.

Joanne, so good to see your early morning post today. I'll bet you are looking forward to some time for yourself and your family after the busy, busy months that you've had.

Linda, hope you had an uneventful trip, and are enjoying yourself with your family.

Mary, did you enjoy your one on one time with Zachary yesterday?

Val, your poor dgn. I'm sure she feels really sad about missing her Christmas party. Hope she feels better soon.

Hi Tam, Marisa, Marlene, (this must be a very busy time for you, since you will soon be leaving for Texas, as well as dealing with the holiday) and everyone else.

Oooh...pictures!

Marisa, those texting gloves are really nice.

Super busy day at work again today, glad I have tomorrow off.

Good night everyone.

thanks, Cindy and Marisa!! Our book club holiday party is Thursday and I'll wear it with a white blouse and black slacks. Casual but classy - I hope!:lol

Off I go for the night - been working on the piano ghan....:D

Perfect outfit for your party :yes WTG on the piano ghan :cheer

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick one here tonight. I got the sweet potato pie baked this morning, some laundry done, a tote with some yarn and wip afghan to put together, and a big pot of potato soup (a couple of meals for us and some to share with are friends Gordy and Mary).

Marisa, The Christmas shirt is cute and love those gloves.

To the rest of the house have a good night and a great wednesday.

Thanks :hug and Oh boy, I bet your house smells scrumptious :drool

Hi all! I wrote this long message last night and it disappeared!! I was soo tired that I didn't try to redo it. Technology's a wonderful thing--when it works.

Marisa - what cute gloves!! Almost makes me want to try it -- but I've got tooo many things to finish for Christmas.

I'm finally feeling better but I'm out of antibotic, so we'll see how I am in a couple of days. may have to call the dr again for another round of meds. Littlest GS is still sick. He has missed this week at school. Starting running almost 104 fever on Saturday, got the temp down and got new meds but he's still sick. He called me today crying that he wanted me--broke my heart that I couldn't just leave and go hold him. He wants me to take him to the dr tomorrow but I can't as we are getting a new copier and I have to be there. Just hope the dr can figure out what's wrong and get his back to his normal self (he went to bed at 7:30--he never goes that early!).

another busy week--we bought presents for 17 children for Project Noel (3 presents per child), that's a lot of presents to wrap but I do have help for that. Copier comes tomorrow--have to have the Sunday bulletin printed and the Christmas Eve done as well by Friday--then it's off for 4 days!!!! Yipee!!!! The weather men here are calling for a blizzard on Christmas night (I'm hoping they mean the evening of Christmas Day not early Christmas morning), not looking for to that again--2 years ago we had 14 inches of snow on Christmas Eve. Gotta get my shopping done--maybe do some tomorrow night.

Hope all are doing well. Hugs to all!

Thanks :hug I hate when i lose a nice long post :eek I hope you and gs start feeling better soon :hug

Good morning- Happy Hump Day!

Marisa- Great job on the texting gloves- and love the shirt Ingrid made- just enough bling! Sorry to read about the troubles with your bro- but smart move to block his and SIL's calls.

Time to get ready for another busy day- 2 more days and I'm off till 2013!!!

Have a good one everyone

Thanks :hug I have a feeling these 2 days are going to feel like they take forever :sigh

Good morning Housemates!

Wishing everyone in the House a wonderful Wednesday!

BBL!

Hope you're feeling better on this hump day :hug

morning, ladies!

Thanks for the compliments on the wrap! I do love the color...what a surprise to those of you who really know me - NOT:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Off I go - will be working on the piano ghan again....in between finishing Debbie Macomber's "Let it Snow";)

Have a good one everybody!:hug:manyheart

Sounds like a great day :wink

Good morning. When I let the dog out late last night the ground was white, now its all melted and its quite foggy. Odd weather.

I am off today, except that I have a meeting at 4 this afternoon. I wish they would cancel the ones that fall around the holiday, but I suppose we'd have to make them up. since we wouldn't get our work finished if we didn't meet regularly. My only major chore for today is laundry. I may clean bathrooms as well, but I will wait until Friday (have to work again tomorrow), to do the bulk of the cleaning, in hopes that it will last until Christmas. Guess a trip to the grocery store will need to fit in there someplace as well.

All my shopping is done, the last packages arrived yesterday, and everything is wrapped. I just have to finish dgs's afghan before his birthday on the 27th. I'm getting pretty sick of it and now I wish I made it smaller. I chose to make a medium sized one, so that he could use it as he grows. Its about 52 inches wide and maybe 40 inches long currently. I plan to make it at least 52 inches long as well. At least its brainless, jsut row after row of HDC, (Which used to be one of my favorite stitches.....)

I hope your meeting goes quickly this afternoon :xfin Maybe you should add another project and rotate so you don't go crazy over dgs's ghan :think Just something small to break up the monotony...something fun for a few minutes as a reward for doing a longer amount of time on the ghan :think Good luck :hug

Archived