Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon, everyone. :)

Judy ~ Your wrap is gorgeous! It will be perfect for your party. :clap

Valerie ~ Sometimes these viruses just won't go away! :hug I hope you are all much better soon. :manyheart

Marisa ~ I love the shirt and your gloves! The yarn is so pretty for the pattern. :hook When will you be going home for Christmas?

Sherry ~ Oh, I know you'll be more than ready for some time off. :) I hope your GS is okay before Santa comes. :hug

Joanne ~ Only 2 more days! Do you have any travel plans while you're on vacation?

Cindy ~ WTG on having all your shopping and wrapping done! I get really tired of afghans when they're almost big enough...52" square sounds like a great size!

Linda ~ We know you're having a wonderful time! :D I hope your trip was uneventful and that you're all settled in. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zachary and I had a good morning together yesterday. DD was gone about 3 hours and Luke was at pre-school, so I fed him once and "played" quite a while and then it was nap-time. He is definitely heavier than Luke was at this age and is built like a football player. :lol Not the best picture - I used my phone and he was swinging his arms. :)

post-10699-135897792666_thumb.jpg

Mary - Zach is absolutely adorable!!! :manyheart Thanks for the reminder about xmas....I'm heading home tomorrow. So, not sure if I'll be in at all tomorrow :think I meant to tell you that earlier. I have to take Steph and Bean to the airport around 8:30, then get back to the office for a patient at 10 and at 10:30...I have a feeling another will get added after that at 11 since he was supposed to come today but ended up having to wait for the plumber without a time frame :eek He's one of my new guys and I'd hate to see him go without treatment for a whole week at this point :no AND, I'm hoping to be out by noon, but if I add the 3rd patient the reality is that won't happen. I'd like to be out earlier rather than later, but I definitely need to be out before the afternoon rush hour :yes If I don't get to check in tomorrow night then I'll see y'all Friday :clap

Zachary and I had a good morning together yesterday. DD was gone about 3 hours and Luke was at pre-school, so I fed him once and "played" quite a while and then it was nap-time. He is definitely heavier than Luke was at this age and is built like a football player. :lol Not the best picture - I used my phone and he was swinging his arms. :)
Oh, what a wonderfully cute face!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary- Oh, what a cutie Zachary is!!! You must have really enjoyed your time alone with him!!!!

Judy- I see by your siggy that you are on the SC border of the piano ghan!!! WTG!!!!!!

Cindy- Hope the meeting went quickly! I'm hoping to start wrapping some gifts tonight--that's great that you have yours done.

Marisa- Hope you have a good trip and get out in time to beat the afternoon rush hour traffic!!

Someone asked me if I had plans for my week off- and yes I do!! Heading to Boston the day after Christmas and my middle DD is coming with me. We'll spend a couple of days there and then my oldest will come back to NJ with us and spend a few days here so she'll get to visit with my youngest and Ryan- really looking forward to lots of family time!

I'm not doing cards again this year- and still have all the wrapping to do.I'm so far behind and can't believe that tomorrow is the 20th I'm hoping to bake a few batches of cookies this weekend- I have the ingredients, just haven't had the time! Speaking of time, I'd better get off the computer and get to 'hookin'

Hugs!

HI! I got almost 4 hours of sleep before getting up at 5:00 am to catch my flight yesterday. UGH!!!! The flight to Chicago got in about 15 minutes early but then we sat on the tarmac for 35 minutes waiting for out gate to clear. There were snow flurries when we landed, but the sun was trying to come out when the next plane took off. Because of the delay deplaning I didn't have a lot of time to get to my next flight. We were at the end of one long concourse and the next flight was at the end of another long concourse. I requested assistance and was one of five people in one of the airport shuttles. The driver checked all our flights and took me to mine first even though others were closer, because mine left first. The second plane got in right on time. Joy met me and we got here in time for me to have a snack before we had to go pick up GS from after school care.

We went to supper and then to a cub scout pack meeting. Oh, my! I'd forgot how much energy a bunch of 7, 8, 9, and 10 year olds have when they get together. :blush Besides awards they made riendeer food (oatmeal with cinnamon and gold glitter) and had team gift unwrapping and wrapping races. Then that was followed up with a visit from Santa, who handed out candy canes and Pinewood Derby car kits. I've got pictures but will have to wait until I get home to post them.

Last night I slept the clock around and feel much more rested today. Today included GS's Christmas party at school. They got juice and cookies and sweets in their homeroom, followed by Christmas carols in the gymn. 2 classes each of Kindergarteners, 1st graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd graders. Yikes! :eek If you could bottle all that energy, you'd make a mint.

Then GS read a book to me and had me play a video game with him. He's very good at it and it was the first time for me. I got slaughtered! :lol I read him 4 short stories before bed time arrived.

I forgot to bring a hat, scarf, and gloves. I started crocheting myself a hat today. I NEED one. Gloves I'll pick up at the store. It started snowing tonight. We're to get 9 inches tonight and another 4 tomorrow! :eek I haven't seen that much snow in at least 7 years. It will be an extreme shock to my system, I'm sure.

Ooooo, Ingrid stopped by and brought me my holiday shirt that she made :bounce

It's my first Ingrid shirt :lol She has her own little business on the side (not enough work for it to be a full time thing)

And since I was sharing a pic of the shirt, I figured I may as well right take a pic of the one glove I have finished for Steph to show you too :clap

That's a lovely shirt. Just the right amount of bling. Your glove looks very nice!:clap

Well, here's the wrap...hard to get a good pic of it - the red is so vivid, but I think you can see the stitches pretty good in this shot. It's a narrow wrap, but it works!

What a lovely wrap!:clap:clap:clap

Oh, he's adorable! :hug:hug:hug

I check in as I can. Have a great day tomorrow. :manyheart

Zachary is adorable!!!! I know you had a great time with him!

Cindy - glad you get some time off!!

Joanne - know you're looking forward to your time off. Sounds like you have a great time planned.

Val - hope your DGN feels better soon.

DD took GS to dr this morning--of course he wasn't running a fever (has been since Saturday), but did determine one ear was pink (not infected yet) but the other was bulging. So he got a different set of meds. DD said he was feeling really good this aftenroon so he gets to go to school tomorrow and to day care!! Friday is their last day of school and its Pajama Day (he just loves that) and party day at the day care.

Got most of the work gifts done--giving dishcloths, a mug and a candycane to most of the teachers, and I also had 3 scarves made that will be going to some of the teachers too. Just have to get the gift bags ready and I'm done with that. Now to finish the girls projects--the afghan will have to wait until after Christmas as I don't think I'll get it done before but I hope to get the jacket done for DD.

have a great evening!

Good morning Housemates!

Mary - Thanks, I feel much better today. I saw a difference in m DGN and sister yesterday evening. They managed to eat something. Zachary is a beautiful baby! I know you enjoyed your time with him.

Marisa - Praying for your safe traveling. Hope you get out sooner rather than later.

Judy - WTG on the piano afghan.

Joanne - Good for you getting to have all three daughters together at some point during the holidays. I hope you get all your wrapping done.

Cindy - Sorry for the long meeting. :cheer:clap for a full week off. What are you planning for your downtime?

Linda - Glad you're having fun.

Sherry - Glad GS is feeling better. My DGN is feeling better. She had her meds changed as well. She actually ate something last night. Her school let out yesterday but she didn't go this week. They go back on the 7th of January. I do hope you get a chance to finish the afghan.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi, ladies!

Nothing like a last minute rush, Sherry! You'll get there....I'm confident!:cheer

Joanne, sounds like a busy bunch of days off for you both before and after Christmas!:eek

Hi, Val!:hug

Cindy, yay for only one more day of work!!:clap

Linda- rushing like you had to is one of the reasons we don't want to fly if we can help it! Glad you made it in one piece - but not hat or gloves!?:eek You're too used to Georgia, I think:lol

Have to get a move on....my biggest dilemma with the piano ghan is deciding the style of lettering I'm going to use to put GD's initial on ...and to see if I have any fuscia in my stash for the initial! Good thing she's going on a ski trip the day after Christmas - I have time to finish this thing!

BBL!

Thank you all for the sweet comments about Zachary. :manyheart I left before 8 this morning and just got home about 30 minutes ago...need to catch up and do some things around here! I hope everyone is having a good day. :)

Hi all. It started snowing last night and hasn't quit yet. Blizzard conditions here in Iowa. There's more snow out there than I have seen in 7 years, which is the last time that I was in Iowa at this time of year. :lol:lol:lol DD had the snowblower out this afternoon opening up the driveway and I went out just long enough to take a few pictures of it. The wind is sometimes light and frequently strong. The initial stuff was very wet and stuck to all the trees and bushes, so some limbs have come down, some of them quite large. :( DD didn't have to work today since it was essential personnel only today at work. She was on call, but didn't get any calls. We crafted and watched movies a lot. I read to DGS at bedtime again tonight. :D We lost power for a few seconds at one point, but it came right back on. Thank goodness! I'm having fun.

Take care everyone. Good to hear that several of you are finally starting to feel better. :hug:hug:hug

Love to all of you. :manyheart

Hi all. It started snowing last night and hasn't quit yet. Blizzard conditions here in Iowa. There's more snow out there than I have seen in 7 years, which is the last time that I was in Iowa at this time of year. :lol :lol :lol DD had the snowblower out this afternoon opening up the driveway and I went out just long enough to take a few pictures of it. The wind is sometimes light and frequently strong. The initial stuff was very wet and stuck to all the trees and bushes, so some limbs have come down, some of them quite large. :( DD didn't have to work today since it was essential personnel only today at work. She was on call, but didn't get any calls. We crafted and watched movies a lot. I read to DGS at bedtime again tonight. :D We lost power for a few seconds at one point, but it came right back on. Thank goodness! I'm having fun.

Take care everyone. Good to hear that several of you are finally starting to feel better. :hug :hug :hug

Love to all of you. :manyheart

It sounds like a cozy time!! Did you get your gloves and finish making th ehat?

Good morning/afternoon Housemates!

Judy - How was your bookclub party last night? Hope you had fun!

Mary - Did you get caught up on your chores yesterday?

Linda - Have you finished your hat? Do take pictures! It is cold and very windy here!

Cindy - Hope you get power back soon!!

We're all mending here.

Well, I have some chores to do around here so I'll see you guys later.

Joannne, Marlene, Marisa, Sherry and the rest of the game...hope you're having a great day!

BBL.

Power is back, and I can't really complain. I slept through the majority of the outage, which started a little before midnight and lasted until around 11 AM. We have a well, so we don't have water when the power is off. I missed water more than heat actually. No shower, although we have bottled water and a gas stove, so I did get my coffee. Its been snowing all morning and it's still quite windy, hopefully the power will stay on. My phone, Ipad, laptop, Nook and Kindle were all charged, so I had plenty of entertainment.

Linda, you sure sound like you are having a good time with DD and dgs. Keep warm! One of DD's brothers in law comes from Iowa, and they were planning to leave today to spend Christmas with his family. Last year they were stranded in a hotel over Christmas due to the weather, so now they aren't sure if they will even go this year.

Judy, hope you enjoyed your party last night.

Val, good to hear that you are improving over there.

I need to do a little vacuuming now that the power is back. We are going to Canada tomorrow for Christmas with my family. (weather permitting) It's not really that cold here, so the roads are pretty clear, and the snow is supposed to stop later today.

Dgs afghan is nearly finished, (about 12 inches to go), but now I'm thinking about making all the boys an afghan and giving them as Christmas gifts next year. I already got him quite a bit for his birthday, and dd doesn't like me to be too extravagant.

We had a blast last night at the party - the lady had her house so beautifully directed and is obviously use to entertaining judging by the way her tables were set up, etc. It was great - and again made me so grateful to be living in this neighborhood.

The lady's DH made these favors for everyone....so we all got to bring home a sled:D

post-8552-13589779285_thumb.jpg

Cindy - Glad you got power back. Praying you have safe traveling tomorrow to Canada. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Judy - I'm so glad you had a good time. I love your little take home treat. Your neighborhood sounds wonderful.

Have a good night housemates!!!

Cindy so glad your power is back on!

Judy - what a cute little treat! Sounds like a good place to live.

Joanne - hope things are going well for you.

I'm off for 4 days!!!!! yea!!! I'm so glad I have this time off but I know I'll be busy getting everything else done. Haven't shopped for our kids (grandsons have everything they need) so tomorrow morning I'll be finishing that shopping, shopping for groceries, and then coming home to wrap all the presents and start baking cookies. We are doing lasgna this year for Christmas dinner--never have done this for Christmas dinner.

They are predicting we will have a Christmas Day blizzard--so hoping they are off on this. In 2009 (I think that's the year) we had 14" of snow on Christmas Eve/Day. took us forever to get out--we're not used to having that much snow here. I could do without a white Christmas! For those of you in the blizzard that's happening now, stay safe and warm!

Well, I'd better go and get busy on that jacket for DD. Got all the dishcloths done, wrapped and given away.

Everyone have a great evening!! Hugs to all.

Hello all!

I'm officially on vacation until next year!!! Woot!!!!

Linda--I'm glad that you are having a good time- and wow that IS a lot of snow!! Guess you will be having a 'white Christmas" this year! Enjoy the time with DD and GS- as it seems you are!!!

Cindy- Safe travels to Canada and enjoy your Christmas! Glad to hear your being with out power was short lived! I hope I never have to go without power for as long as I did after Sandy! I agree, being without water is even harder than being without heat.

Judy- Love the little favors that your neighbor's DH made- so cute!

Sherry- Hope you get everything done you need to. I want to wrap the presents today and do cleaning/laundry but first I have my hair appointment this morning at 8. Which will still leave plenty of time in the day. I also have to do grocery shopping to get the ingredients to make lasagne for Christmas --which I always make for Christmas! It's kind of a tradition that I started when my DD's were growing up. Easy to make and yummy good!!

Marisa- Hope you had a good trip to your folks. How's your Mom doing?

Val- How's the crew feeling? Sounds like you are finally all on the mend-positive thoughts that it continues!!!

Everyone loved the scarves- which made me feel so good. Homemade was very well received again!! One of the ladies is going to try and organize a craft club after work--some of my co-workers want to learn to crochet and some of them already either knit or crochet. I hope it does get organized-we'll see!

Time to re-fill the coffee cup and get the day started. I don't want to miss the opportunity to get a lot done early when I have energy. Later on, I'll either work on the RR for DD or the hats for the twins.

It's nice to have time off and I'm especially grateful to have 2 days off before Christmas Eve/Christmas!

Enjoy the day everyone!!!

Good morning Housemates!

Sherry - We're not doing the traditional dinner either. My two sisters in Alabama are BBQing and bringing it. My sister that I live with and I are furnishing the baked beans, potato salad and pecan pie. I think the lasagne is a good idea. Cooking takes the most work. At least with your other work, you can sit and relax a little as you do it. I'm glad you have 4 days off. Try to get a little R&R if you can! I hope you get everything done and that you don't get a blizzard.

Joanne - I was wondering why you were up so early on your 1st off day. I'm glad you're going to have a vacation. You should get a lot done today and have to R&R time left over. I do hope your co-workers get a craft group organized. I love that people are appreciative of handmade items. Thanks, we are on the mend and I hope it continues.

It is very cold here.

Well, I have to take out the garbage among other things...so I'll catch you guys later. Be safe and I hope you all get everything done!

BBL!

Archived