Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I'm back home! :clap I spent about 3 1/2 hours there. There were three of us doing packing so it went a lot faster than if it was just me. I know that what I packed should get there in one piece, but don't know about all the rest of the stuff. He's still got a long way to go before they start loading the truck tomorrow. :eek There are going to be 4 guys loading so hopefully they know what they are doing and everything arrives in one piece. I'm very glad I didn't have that much to do with the packing and won't have anything to do with the unpacking. :D And I hope that they have a BIG truck reserved, because there is a LOT of stuff to take. And a lot of it is breakable. Small to very big mirrors. Glass table tops. A very large glass fish tank. Etc. Etc. Etc. He's got clothes packed in garbage bags. I can just see them ripping and the clothes getting dirty at best and damaged or ruined at worst. Not MY problem!!!! :clap:clap:clap

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. Val I'm so glad that you and your sister are finally starting to feel better

I had a very productive day yesterday. I accomplished everything on my to do list, plus got groceries and visited with the inlaws for an hour. Hopefully today will be more of the same. The grandsons are coming over tomorrow so I doubt it will be very productive in terms of cleaning.

It's really cold here this morning and we got just enough snow overnight to cover up the dirty dingy snow that we had leftover from the weekend. It'll get dingy again soon enough, since its supposed to be warmer the rest of the week.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Your soup sound delicious. Glad you had helpers at John's and didn't have to be there to long.

Val, Glad you and your sister are starting to feel better. We miss you!

Cindy, You certainly did have a productive day yesterday. The pineapple baby ghan would be beautiful. Is there a picture of it on your blog?

Judy, Your Chrismassy wrap is going to be pretty. I've seen that yarn and really like it, but haven't used it yet. What pattern are you using?

Mary, Thinking of you. Did you get snow? I seen Dallas did.

Shannon, Nice to see you again.

Joanne, Hope your week isn't being to hard on you.

The dentist appt went well as along with DH's. We went shopping to get the girls Crayola Skechers Projector at Target but couldn't get any. So I called DD and she was able to get one and another store was holding it and she is picking it up this morning. Now just Payton plus a stocking stuffers. SD's family and my kids we give them money. Laundry is going and more to do. We leave two weeks from today so there is lots of things to do. So I better get scootin. Have a great day!

Good Morning, House. :ctree

Linda ~ I'm glad yesterday went well and hope Kim and John make it to Texas with their belongings in one piece. :wink

Cindy ~ It's always a good feeling to cross everything off a list! I have way too many sticky notes right now. :lol It must be feeling a lot like Christmas with the snow. :)

Marlene ~ All of a sudden, it will be Christmas and then you'll be on your way south! I'm glad everything was okay at your appointments yesterday. We just had a dusting of snow Monday morning - but it was pretty!

I'm staying home today and catching up at the desk, laundry, etc. I need to make two more ruffly scarves, too. :crocheting Tomorrow will be finishing up shopping and the grocery store.

Have a wonderful day, friends! :manyheart

Good afternoon Housemates!

Thank you guys! I've missed you all as well.

Today is a great day. I have internet. We had to get Clear because there's something going on with service in this apartment that has to do with the previous occupants. It is soooo nice not to have to use my phone.

I'm behind on post so I'll just jump in here.

Just finished brunch.

I'm going to unpack and organize my yarn...I think!

BBL.

Have a great day all!!!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, You certainly did have a productive day yesterday. The pineapple baby ghan would be beautiful. Is there a picture of it on your blog?

J

No I made it before I started blogging or posting pictures on ravelry.

Judy, Your Chrismassy wrap is going to be pretty. I've seen that yarn and really like it, but haven't used it yet. What pattern are you using

From the red heart site, pattern # WR2132 (can't get the link to post - using my netbook to post tonight)

I worked on th epiano ghan today and it's zipping along - just glad I won't be getting together with my gd for our traditional birthday/Christmas breakfast till AFTER the C. Day:lol

Val - great news about getting th einternet connection:clap

Been a busy week so far, and the rest isn't going to be much slower, so I'll be a sporadic poster:lol

'nite all:hug

Went over John and Kim's for a bit this afternoon and visited with Kim's mom. They didn't get off as early as he had hoped and couldn't quite getting everything in, but did get most of it. They plan to spend tonight at a motel near Atlanta, go halfway tomorrow and the other half Friday and unload and unpack on Saturday or Sunday. I forget which. John is driving the truck and pulling their car, while Kim's mom is driving with Kim in her car.

I stopped with Rosie and her John for a while then and put together the baby quilt sandwich. I may do a bit on it yet tonight.

Hope you all have a good night and a good day tomorrow. I have a doctor appointment in the morning.

I didn't get a chance to crochet today. My sister whose job closed down is moving back to Alabama. I helped a little with the moving. Took a 2 1/2 hour nap and woke up feeling bad. My sister is gagging and throwing up now. This thing is lingering and comes back when we least expect it.

hi -ho House..............

How is everyone this evening?

me......? Busy as ususal! :hook and suffering through a headache. I'll tell ya........... I'm gettin' real tired of this headache.

working on a pair of slippers tonight. I'll get these done so I can start working on charity items for grannyannie this next handful of days. :hook

speaking of slippers... here are a couple more I've made lately. I'm tucking them away in my "last minute emergancy gift drawer"

post-18634-135897791437_thumb.jpg

well... off to get more coffee and crochet .

love you guys!!!! :hug

Good morning everyone. It's sunny here already today so I expect at least some snow will disappear.

Val, hope you aren't having a relapse. I know there are some nasty viruses going around, hope that you haven't caught something new.

My dd and her four boys are coming over today. Dd wants to use one of my sewing machines for something. That means I will probably end up sewing too. I still need to hem that top I sewed a few months ago, maybe that will happen today.

Judy, I like that wrap pattern. I saw one on the red heart site a while back that looked cozy, rather than elegant like yours. I haven't made plans to crochet it yet, but its in the back of my mind. It would be nice for reading, as it wouldn't need to be held onto to keep it in place.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/wrap-slits

Tam, you are a crocheting machine. Even when you are so busy, you manage to get so many projects done. Love those slippers. Btw, how is Michael doing?

Good morning Housemates!

Tam - I hope your headache is gone. I woke up with a headache this morning. Your slippers are gorgeous! You are really putting out the crochet. I haven't felt like doing crochet physically but my mind keeps looking at it and wanting to.

Judy - Are you making the piano ghan that is no longer in print? I looked online last night to see what patterns were out there and I saw a beautiful one but it's no longer available. My best friend's son is graduating college in May and he took music and teaches piano. I would like to make him something nice for his graduation!

I didn't get to unpack my yarn yesterday as I'd planned. I started feeling bad after helping my sister finish up with some last minute moving items. She, like my niece, waited until the last minute to start packing.

I don't know what I'll get done today because I'm feeling like doing nothing.

Wishing everyone at the house a great day!

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning House¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

:sun is coming up here giving the sky a beautiful pink glow! Temps are low... but its really pretty out.

I'm on the last row of this pair of slippers I'm making ... then its on to some charity items for grannyannie! :hook

Darn.......... just looked over and realized I still need to sew that flower on the girls Husker beanie. I've sold a dozen of them over the last few weeks.... nice extra Christmas cash! :)

Good morning everyone. It's sunny here already today so I expect at least some snow will disappear.

Val, hope you aren't having a relapse. I know there are some nasty viruses going around, hope that you haven't caught something new.

My dd and her four boys are coming over today. Dd wants to use one of my sewing machines for something. That means I will probably end up sewing too. I still need to hem that top I sewed a few months ago, maybe that will happen today. oh... have fun with your daughter sewing!

I have some fabric here that I want to make some totes with. I think sewing will have to wait till after the first of the year!

Judy, I like that wrap pattern. I saw one on the red heart site a while back that looked cozy, rather than elegant like yours. I haven't made plans to crochet it yet, but its in the back of my mind. It would be nice for reading, as it wouldn't need to be held onto to keep it in place.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/wrap-slits LOL... I need to stay busy and crocheting is my thing :hook

Michael is doing better. The edema is gone ... he is back to his normal weight and weaning off the meds. So we're looking at January him being off the meds and back into full remission! :yay

·´¯`·.off to get a coffee refill and get busy with my yarn and hook!

you all have a great day! :hug

bbl

:heart

:mug

Good morning Housemates!

Tam - I hope your headache is gone. saddly its not.... :sigh I'm use to it though... just hate when it gets so bad its hard to function. I woke up with a headache this morning. I'm so sorry!!! :hug Praying for you sweetie! Your slippers are gorgeous! Thank you my dear! I appreciate that! You are really putting out the crochet. LOL... keeps me out of trouble. I haven't felt like doing crochet physically but my mind keeps looking at it and wanting to. aww.... :hug

Judy - Are you making the piano ghan that is no longer in print? I looked online last night to see what patterns were out there and I saw a beautiful one but it's no longer available. My best friend's son is graduating college in May and he took music and teaches piano. I would like to make him something nice for his graduation!

I didn't get to unpack my yarn yesterday as I'd planned. I started feeling bad after helping my sister finish up with some last minute moving items. She, like my niece, waited until the last minute to start packing.

I don't know what I'll get done today because I'm feeling like doing nothing. :hug I sure hope you feel better soon hon!!! Maybe just crochet something small... a coaster or fridge magnet? Might help get back in the mood.

Wishing everyone at the house a great day!

Good morning everyone. I cut my hair this morning and have a doctor's appointment (regular 3 month check up) in just a little bit. Today is the first day of the monthly charity CAL if anyone wants to join Tammy and I over there. I'll be sewing on the baby quilt after I get back from the doctor's office. I've gained weight, so will probably get scolded a bit. :P

I didn't get a chance to crochet today. My sister whose job closed down is moving back to Alabama. I helped a little with the moving. Took a 2 1/2 hour nap and woke up feeling bad. My sister is gagging and throwing up now. This thing is lingering and comes back when we least expect it.

Oh, Val. :hug Hope you both feel better soon. :hug:hug:hug

hi -ho House..............

How is everyone this evening?

me......? Busy as ususal! :hook and suffering through a headache. I'll tell ya........... I'm gettin' real tired of this headache.

working on a pair of slippers tonight. I'll get these done so I can start working on charity items for grannyannie this next handful of days. :hook

speaking of slippers... here are a couple more I've made lately. I'm tucking them away in my "last minute emergancy gift drawer"

[ATTACH]60903[/ATTACH]

well... off to get more coffee and crochet .

love you guys!!!! :hug

Your slippers are beautiful, Tammy. :cheer:cheer:cheer Glad to hear that Michael is doing so well.

I saved that pattern, Cindy. It looks really warm and comfy, and that makes it perfect for this Chilly Willy. :D

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Oh boy, when was I even here last :think:shrug Well, I breezed through some posts and I mean I really breezed because I have stuff to get done. So I didn't take notes and don't know what I've retained :think It's been a super busy week. I think I was here on Monday, so I picked up Averie and Sloan from school, came back here and had 3 patients to treat and then went to a showing of the new movie Doctored coming out, which was hosted by a couple different local chiro offices.

Tuesday I had a new patient, caught up the previous days paperwork and in the afternoon went to Steph's office until 6. I am her xmas gift to her employees :lol Which they all loved, I just stretched people out and worked out the neck/stress muscles. Then back to my office for my Knit the Bridge group 7-9.

Wed I had another new patient and a regular patient and then back to Stephs office again for the afternoon until 6 and then we had haircuts last night at 7.

Today....guess what....another new patient!! :clap So that's 3 new ones this week :bounce I spent more time with him than I usually do just due to his complaints, which he's had for about 6 years and in and out of many doc's of all types, including 3 chiros. So, I was able to do some extra stuff that he hasn't had before and I'm hoping he'll get some results :xfin I have PYP's christmas party tonight, so have to stop to pick up a couple gift cards to donate (the this one they take the cards to donate to a local home for challenged/disabled kids). So I want to get today and yesterdays :blush paperwork done before I leave here today :sigh

Tomorrow I have a patient in the morning and then Sloan's christmas padgent in the afternoon and then I think I get the day to myself :think I'm hoping to get in some serious crocheting :xfin

I have yet another new patient scheduled Sat morning, but I'm half expecting her to cancel :shrug And this is the last weekend for the Children't Museum thing so I'm headed there on Saturday as well. Then Saturday evening we're having christmas dinner with Bean's family at his other sister's house (then they all spend the holdays with in-laws). Sunday Steph's having a game day party at the house since the Steelers are away.

:sigh Looking forward to some downtime :lol

WOW!!! :eek You have been one very busy lady, Marisa. Congratulations on all the new patients. :clap:clap And have a fun weekend.

I got my bedroom curtains hung yesterday and am going to put up the lighthouse plates in the kitchen today. I started to do it last night and then realized that it was way too late to be hammering in nails. The one I did hang, I'm going to move. :lol I don't like the way it looks. :lol

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Oh boy, when was I even here last :think:shrug Well, I breezed through some posts and I mean I really breezed because I have stuff to get done. So I didn't take notes and don't know what I've retained :think It's been a super busy week. I think I was here on Monday, so I picked up Averie and Sloan from school, came back here and had 3 patients to treat and then went to a showing of the new movie Doctored coming out, which was hosted by a couple different local chiro offices.

Tuesday I had a new patient, caught up the previous days paperwork and in the afternoon went to Steph's office until 6. I am her xmas gift to her employees :lol Which they all loved, I just stretched people out and worked out the neck/stress muscles. Then back to my office for my Knit the Bridge group 7-9.

Wed I had another new patient and a regular patient and then back to Stephs office again for the afternoon until 6 and then we had haircuts last night at 7.

Today....guess what....another new patient!! :clap So that's 3 new ones this week :bounce I spent more time with him than I usually do just due to his complaints, which he's had for about 6 years and in and out of many doc's of all types, including 3 chiros. So, I was able to do some extra stuff that he hasn't had before and I'm hoping he'll get some results :xfin I have PYP's christmas party tonight, so have to stop to pick up a couple gift cards to donate (the this one they take the cards to donate to a local home for challenged/disabled kids). So I want to get today and yesterdays :blush paperwork done before I leave here today :sigh

Tomorrow I have a patient in the morning and then Sloan's christmas padgent in the afternoon and then I think I get the day to myself :think I'm hoping to get in some serious crocheting :xfin

I have yet another new patient scheduled Sat morning, but I'm half expecting her to cancel :shrug And this is the last weekend for the Children't Museum thing so I'm headed there on Saturday as well. Then Saturday evening we're having christmas dinner with Bean's family at his other sister's house (then they all spend the holdays with in-laws). Sunday Steph's having a game day party at the house since the Steelers are away.

:sigh Looking forward to some downtime :lolomgoodness......... I'm pooped just reading this .... :faint

:hi HI... its good to see you! :hug

WOW!!! :eek You have been one very busy lady, Marisa. Congratulations on all the new patients. :clap :clap And have a fun weekend.

I got my bedroom curtains hung yesterday and am going to put up the lighthouse plates in the kitchen today. I started to do it last night and then realized that it was way too late to be hammering in nails. LOL.... I've done that .... started hanging stuff late at night then realizing.... hmmm... might not want to make this kind of noise at this hour. Its relax time and its hard to relax with BANG BANG BANG.... LOL The one I did hang, I'm going to move. :lol I don't like the way it looks. :lol

The quilting on the baby quilt is done. Now to trim the edges and put on the binding. I'm pushing because it was request by the prayer shawl group which meets tonight. :D

hi, my friends!

I read through all the posts....boy, are we all busy!:P

Marisa, I hope the newest patient feels better after the treatments you gave....there's no better advertising!

Note to self:

When making a wrap lengthwise make sure you count the stitches on the first row before continuing.....

I frogged 3 rows, all the way back to the starting chain....because I had one stitch too many and it messed up the pattern:P

That's me with "easy" patterns:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Linda, please pace yourself....

Cindy, I've seen that wrap pattern before, but DH likes a warm house so I would melt in it! Though I certainly could have used it during those 12 days without heat and power......;)

Hi, Tam - busy lady as always!

Off I go - now that I have the wrap off to a good start I'll go back to the piano ghan tonight. The day flew by with another stop at the store for ingredients to make Greek meatballs, mixing the ingrdients before I met a friend for her late Birthday lunch....home to make th emeatballs and then clean up the mess (including my glasses, which were spattered with cooking oil).

I'm looking forward to a quiet time....sometime...soon maybe??:lol

Marisa, sounds like several new patients for you in recent days. WTG! Your schedule makes me exhausted!

Judy, I liked the looks of that wrap, and if I made it, I would use it in the car in the summer time, dh always has the A/C on full blast and I'm always freezing. Its also cold in our living room for some reason. I don't sit in there too often in the winter, but every once in a while, I like the quiet.

I have to work tomorrow and dh and I are thinking of going to a Christmas concert tomorrow evening. Whether we do or not, depends on how work goes tomorrow. It's a local church choir, we went to their Christmas concert last year, and really enjoyed it. There was singing, some piano and other instrumental pieces and also a few numbers where the audience sang a long. It was fun and festive.

I don't know if I will have time to check in tomorrow.

Good night everyone.

My sister has officially vacated her apartment and turned in the keys. She and our cousin are headed back to Alabama. She sent the truck loaded with her furniture to Bama on Saturday. She's storing quite a few boxes here until she returns next week with my nephew and a smaller truck.

I didn't crochet today either. I helped move a few things. I looked at patterns and blogs most of the day.

Tomorrow, I will have to make myself do some of the things I need to do.

Have a good night housemates!

Hi all! I've been sick all week with that dreaded stuff my DD and GS had. No fun. I'm finally beginning to feel better. I just hate getting sick in December--I have soooo much to do and now I'm behind.

Tam - I've not worked on the afghan this week but I've got a lot done. I will try to get a pic up this weekend--have to do it when DD is not around. Sounds like you have been very busy!

Marisa - congrats on the new patients!! Wish you were closer and could we could be a patient. I've been to see the chiro 2 times this week, plus my regular dr.

Haven't read much as I'm really behind on the posts!! You guys have been busy this week.

My work has been busy as well--got the pictorial directory done today YEA!!!!! I will mail it off tomorrow. And of course, there's the day care Christmas program tomorrow night--youngest GS will be singing (well, probably more playing than singing LOL), and I will be playing for the congregation to sing. We also have a very important birthday party for a 1 year old on Saturday. sometime I need to get the gifts done for my girls and for the teachers!!! Guess I'll be very busy the next few days.

Hope all are well. Will try to catch up later. Have a great evening all!

Good morning housemates!

I dropped the DN off at work @ 4:58a. Getting ready to drop the DGN off in about 15 minutes. DNep is off today. Once I pick the DN up, I'm done driving for the day.:cheer:clap

I am going to put up some yarn cubes and I will empty at least 1 box of yarn. I will, I will, I will!:lol:D

My sister and cousin made it back to Bama around 11:30p last night. They had a safe trip. Now there is 2 of us in Bama and 2 of us in Georgia. The youngest 2 are back home in Bama.

Both sisters will be coming here again for Christmas. The little DGN will be going back to Bama with them for her last week of winter break. We are not having the traditional Christmas Dinner since we had soooo much during Thanksgiving. My sister is going to BBQ ribs and grill a few other things and bring it with her. We'll have a short visit because my DNep and BIL have to go back to work the day after Christmas. They will be going back to Bama on Christmas evening.

Well off to make this last drop. Have a great day all! I'll be back on when I can. I have to make myself do something so I can spend the evening perhaps crocheting!

BBL!

Archived