Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Merry Christmas Everyone! :sheepxmas:grinch:gift:santa:ctree:candycane:hbulb

Had a wonderful evening yesterday- Ryan enjoyed his gifts, although he probably doesn't really understand yet. The twins hats were so very well received :manyheart

My DD's MIL got me a wonderful tote with YARN embroidered on it instead of my name. I Love it!

Heading over for breakfast at DD's in a little while and going to deliver the presents that Santa left here for Ryan and them. Then I'll come home, cook the lasagne and go back over late afternoon for dinner.

Safe travels to all in the throes of the winter storm. We had a dusting last night and for a little while it looked lovely- it then turned to rain. Now it's just cloudy out.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas Housemates!

Cindy - Thank you! I am enjoy my family. One of my sisters is leaving this afternoon. Her husband has to go to work on tomorrow. The other sister is leaving tomorrow with the DGN. It sounds like you are going to have a great time as well. I'm so glad everything worked out with your first Christmas after your parents death. The first everything is hard. Enjoy the rest your downtime.

Judy - Enjoy your day with your guys and Lucy.

Mary - Be careful with this weather. We're suppose to get that same weather later on tonight. Praying traveling grace for our sister and all those on the highways today. I hope Luke gets to make a snowman.

Joanne - Your tote sounds cute! I'm glad that you're having some fun during your downtime. You really deserve. Enjoy your day with family.

Marisa, Marlene, Sherry and all have a wonderful day with your families.

DGN was very grateful for her Christmas. She finally got the tablet she's been whining for. MJ (furbaby) got quite a few things in his stocking as well.

I don't know if I'll be back in today so MERRY CHRISTMAS! Enjoy your families. I know I will!

Love you guys!

Hello everyone. Just dropping in to say Merry Christmas. I'm typing this on my new IPad mini.

Dd, disil and the grandsons are here now. We just finished dinner and the boys are about to watch one of their new videos.

The rest of us are just sitting here, too full to move.

We finished eating and my youngest sister is already headed back to Alabama because her husband has to work tomorrow. She has about a 2 1/2-3 hour trip. The food was delicious!

I've enjoyed family time.

Cindy - I'm glad you're enjoying your family!

:santa:grinch:wreathMerry Christmas!!!! :wreath:grinch:santa

Hoping that you all have had a wonderful day. It's been a great day here. DGS opened his stocking from Santa and waited for me to get up before opening the rest. Santa brought me lots of yummy chocolate. :) It was such fun watching Gs's face light up with each new gift. Paper bits and pieces flew everywhere. :lol Christmas supper was roast turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, and green bean casserole. There was tuna macaroni and cheese for GS too. It all tasted sooo good.

Joanne, congratulations to DD on her Master's degree. And congratulations on finishing the piano 'ghan on time. It turned out great! :clap:clap

Safe journey to Texas, Marlene.

I finished the scarf that matches the hat that I made myself. Just have two tails to hide. I hid the rest as I was making it. The shawl is almost 2/3 done now. And I'm making great strides with Lake Quilt. I'm adding lots of reeds in various sizes and I'm pleased with the effects.

Have a wonderful evening and stay safe if you are traveling. :hug

Hi ladies,

We left at 8am this morning and we stopped to get a room in blytheville, arkansas and the car quit on us. Bad gas or hopefully not the fuel pump. Sil and bil are about an hour or so north of us and will be here in the morning. Luckily for us there is a ford dealer within 1/2 mile.

We had christmas last night with the kids and gk. They did santa gifts without us this morning.

It sounds like everyone had nice day with family.

I'm on my tablet and don't know how to capitalize letters myself, if anyone knows feel free to tell me.

We are in a blizzard warning area. The clerk said we may get it and we may not. We planned if it would be bad we would just stay put for another day.

Hope everyone stays safe if your out and about. Be back when I can.

Just got up from a looong nap. Tired so it won't be hard to go back down.

Linda - I'm glad you're having a great Christmas with GS and DD. I bet the food was delicious with someone cooking for you. Make everyday count while you're there.

Marlene - Praying traveling grace for you and all those on the highway. I hope it's not your fuel pump. I don't know anything about the tablet. Do keep us posted and let us know when you safely arrive.

Going back to bed!

Good morning!

We had a wonderful Christmas! It was so much fun playing with Ryan and some of his new toys.

The weather is not looking good when I track it up to Boston- will talk with my middle DD later when she wakes up and see what she thinks about going up tomorrow instead- My oldest is working today anyway, so it may make sense to travel there tomorrow. We'll see

Marlene- I hope that it is not your fuel pump. I don't know what kind of tablet you have, but sometimes, there is an up arrow key on the bottom left that you press when you want to capitalize a letter.

Val- Hope you had a wonderful day with your sisters and that the two who were traveling are home safe and sound.

Linda- You sound like you are having a fabulous time!!

Cindy- How do you like the Ipad mini? I've been toying with the idea of getting one- but not till March or so- that's when Apple has new releases usually, plus I get my perfect attendance bonus check at that time.

Mary- Hope the weather cooperated and you got to spend Christmas with Luke and Zach.

I'm going to pack in case we decide to leave today! Hugs to you all!

Hi, ya, peeps!

Linda, you sound so relaxed!!! You needed this visit.

Joanne, unless you left for Boston this morning I think you may have to wait till tomorrow.

Marlene, I'm so very sorry you missed Christmas with the kids:hug Fortunately you were able to get a room! Here's hoping the car is easily fixed.

Mary, Hi to you, too!

Sherry....hi!

Christmas is all about the kids....and it's such fun when you can see them tear into the wrapping paper!! I do miss that.... But DS was over yesterday, by himself of course. We're hoping he decides that being alone isn't all it's cracked up to be and that the thought of marriage isn't as scary as he thinks it is....

Anywho: new fridge is coming this afternoon. Here's hoping the weather isn't totally horrible for the guys getting the thing out of the truck. Fortunaltely it's a small one, only 19.7 cubic feet.

Off I go....BB When I can

Hi, ya, peeps!

Linda, you sound so relaxed!!! You needed this visit. I couldn't agree more!

Joanne, unless you left for Boston this morning I think you may have to wait till tomorrow.We are going to wait until tomorrow. I already called DD and told her. We may head back to NJ on Sunday instead of Saturday-we'll play it by ear. We are going to see about having a 'movie' day later on today at home this afternoon, but first we are heading out to some after Christmas sales since middle DD wants a new pair of jeans.

Marlene, I'm so very sorry you missed Christmas with the kids:hug Fortunately you were able to get a room! Here's hoping the car is easily fixed. Hoping you have some good news on the car.

Mary, Hi to you, too!

Sherry....hi!

Christmas is all about the kids....and it's such fun when you can see them tear into the wrapping paper!! I do miss that.... But DS was over yesterday, by himself of course. We're hoping he decides that being alone isn't all it's cracked up to be and that the thought of marriage isn't as scary as he thinks it is.... Does this mean he and his GF are no more?

Anywho: new fridge is coming this afternoon. Here's hoping the weather isn't totally horrible for the guys getting the thing out of the truck. Fortunaltely it's a small one, only 19.7 cubic feet. Hoping that the fridge gets delivered before the yucky weather sets in!

Off I go....BB When I can

Off we go to the stores and then back in for the rest of the day. We'll see what the weather does before we decide if we'll go spend some time with DD and Ryan before 'movie time'.

I'm all packed and ready to go- so depending on what the weather is like, we may leave very early tomorrow morning and spend the afternoon wandering around before DD gets out of work.

Joanne, yup - they still are "friends" but haven't dated for months. She was talking about getting serious - and a baby, or babies.

My son is commitment-phobic:(

Good morning/afternoon Housemates!

I had a wonderful time with my sisters these last 3 days. My little gn got everything she wanted. She is 9 and the only little one. The next youngest is my youngest sister's son...he turned 28 on Dec 1st. We had great food the entire weekend. We ended yesterday with BBQ Ribs, baked beans and potato salad.

Joanne - My sister and her hubby made it home safe. I'm praying traveling grace for you and your daughter as you travel up to Boston. How many hours do you have to drive?

Judy - I hope your son finds someone soon so you can enjoy some grandkids. I hope the weather holds up for your delivery as well. Are you crocheting today?

Hi to the rest of the house...hoping all is well!

Will be back later!

Good morning everyone.

Laundry, cleaning and so forth on my agenda today. Tomorrow its back to work for me. We are going out for pizza with dh's brother and his family tonight so no cooking at least!

Marlene, hope there is nothing too serious going on with the car. No snow here yet.

Judy, your ds is evidently quite happy with his own company. Hopefully someday he will meet exactly the right woman and will be able to commit.

Linda, glad you are having such a great time with your dd and dgs.

Joanne, safe travels to Boston, and have fun shopping. I have to go out to return a shirt I bought for ds, but will probably wait until next week. I've already ordered a replacement. (Gotta love online shopping!)

Val,. I joined this CAL, and the first project on my list is that 63 squares afghan. I am determined to finish that afghan in 2013. I've been working on it for at least 5 years. (well to be perfectly honest, I haven't really been working on it, which explains why it's been a wip for so long)

Hi all. :hi Everything is still covered with snow (and a little ice) and it was 16* this morning! :wbrr

Marlene ~ Oh, I'm so sorry your trip started our this way. :hug I hope the car is fixed and you're on way again very soon!

Joanne ~ Your plan sounds like a good one...but it's always hard to wait when you're all ready to go!

Valerie ~ Everything sounds so nice with your family Christmas! Your dgn has lots to keep her busy on winter break now. :lol Are you back to crocheting yet?

Linda ~ What a wonderful trip for you! :manyheart Do you all have any special plans for the rest of your visit?

Judy ~ Gee, a new fridge (or washer, dryer, etc.) isn't much fun, is it? :wink Yarn would be much more fun. :D How are Sparkie and Lucy? I'll bet they loved having your DS there yesterday.

Sherry ~ Are you snowed in? I know you were supposed to get a lot more than we did...stay warm! :flake

Cindy ~ Pizza sounds perfect - that's what I was thinking about for supper, too! The new CAL looks like fun. I think we all have several WIPs. :lol Have fun with your new Ipad mini. :)

Hi to anyone I've missed, too. :manyheart

I almost forgot! DH gave me a Vera Bradley tote...I think DD gave him some help. :lol It's this pattern and I love it. :manyheart

Mary, what a gorgeous pattern! I have several Vera Bradley totes, but not one in that pattern...maybe I need to go shopping.....

Mary, that's a gorgeous tote! and you're right about appliances not being fun "gifts" what are you going to do? I felt guilty asking for any of the electronics I wanted, considering how much I already have and also how much mney we've been spending on the renos.

No hook time, reading a bit for a change, but I was just thinking of pulling out the saltine baby ghan I started a while back.

The pups are ok...though Sparkie looks like he's lost some weight and can still clear a room *ahem*...after our Spike went through too many medical things at the end I promised myself to leave them be, esp as they get older. Sparkie is now 7 - his tail still wags, he gets excitied to go out to play or go for a ride and has a good appetite. He's enjoying every day.

Cindy, that CAL is a great idea! I don't have that many WIPs but it's still something to keep in mind.

Still waiting for the fridge to come. They said between 2:30 and 4:30 and we just started getting some wet snow.:eek

Cindy, that CAL is a great idea! I don't have that many WIPs but it's still something to keep in mind.

Still waiting for the fridge to come. They said between 2:30 and 4:30 and we just started getting some wet snow.:eek

Well, I don't think I have that many WIPs either, (at leat, I hope not...), but I don't think it's just for WIPS. It's just a way to get at least 15 projects finished in 2013. I have so much yarn that a plan to use some of it up would be a good idea. I always make a bunch of baby projects for the pregnancy resource center, so I will choose a few of those, and maybe a wearable for myself. I also plan to put my cross stitch WIPs and quilt into the lineup. I haven't come up with 15 yet, but I will.

Hope the fridge arrives soon.

Well, I don't think I have that many WIPs either, (at leat, I hope not...), but I don't think it's just for WIPS. It's just a way to get at least 15 projects finished in 2013.Now that makes sense....there are things I want to make I have so much yarn that a plan to use some of it up would be a good idea.My yarn stash isn't that big, but I can use up what I have - how novel an idea:lol I always make a bunch of baby projects for the pregnancy resource center, so I will choose a few of those, and maybe a wearable for myself. I also plan to put my cross stitch WIPs and quilt into the lineup.I forgot about my x stitch projects! I haven't come up with 15 yet, but I will.

Hope the fridge arrives soon.

The delivery came within minutes of the 2:30 earliest time! It looks perfect!! Now we have to figure out where to put everything. The bottom freezer is what I really needed....not a huge fridge, but that's because of the space it needed to slide into.

Good morning everyone.

Laundry, cleaning and so forth on my agenda today. Tomorrow its back to work for me. We are going out for pizza with dh's brother and his family tonight so no cooking at least! I'm glad you don't have to cook. I hope work is kind to you on tomorrow!

Marlene, hope there is nothing too serious going on with the car. No snow here yet.

Judy, your ds is evidently quite happy with his own company. Hopefully someday he will meet exactly the right woman and will be able to commit.

Linda, glad you are having such a great time with your dd and dgs.

Joanne, safe travels to Boston, and have fun shopping. I have to go out to return a shirt I bought for ds, but will probably wait until next week. I've already ordered a replacement. (Gotta love online shopping!)

Val,. I joined this CAL, and the first project on my list is that 63 squares afghan. I am determined to finish that afghan in 2013. I've been working on it for at least 5 years. (well to be perfectly honest, I haven't really been working on it, which explains why it's been a wip for so long)

I was browsing and looked into it. I also told them I might join because I had the 63 square and the scriptural afghan on my mind. I'll go ahead and commit. I just need to round up a list. I probably do have 15 wips.

Hi all. :hi Everything is still covered with snow (and a little ice) and it was 16* this morning! :wbrr

Marlene ~ Oh, I'm so sorry your trip started our this way. :hug I hope the car is fixed and you're on way again very soon!

Joanne ~ Your plan sounds like a good one...but it's always hard to wait when you're all ready to go!

Valerie ~ Everything sounds so nice with your family Christmas! Your dgn has lots to keep her busy on winter break now. :lol Are you back to crocheting yet? Everything was nice. She certainly does and she's loving her new tablet. She is leaving for Alabama on tomorrow and returning sometime before the 7th.

Linda ~ What a wonderful trip for you! :manyheart Do you all have any special plans for the rest of your visit?

Judy ~ Gee, a new fridge (or washer, dryer, etc.) isn't much fun, is it? :wink Yarn would be much more fun. :D How are Sparkie and Lucy? I'll bet they loved having your DS there yesterday.

Sherry ~ Are you snowed in? I know you were supposed to get a lot more than we did...stay warm! :flake

Cindy ~ Pizza sounds perfect - that's what I was thinking about for supper, too! The new CAL looks like fun. I think we all have several WIPs. :lol Have fun with your new Ipad mini. :)

Hi to anyone I've missed, too. :manyheart

Mary, that's a gorgeous tote! and you're right about appliances not being fun "gifts" what are you going to do? I felt guilty asking for any of the electronics I wanted, considering how much I already have and also how much mney we've been spending on the renos.

No hook time, reading a bit for a change, but I was just thinking of pulling out the saltine baby ghan I started a while back.

The pups are ok...though Sparkie looks like he's lost some weight and can still clear a room *ahem*...after our Spike went through too many medical things at the end I promised myself to leave them be, esp as they get older. Sparkie is now 7 - his tail still wags, he gets excitied to go out to play or go for a ride and has a good appetite. He's enjoying every day.

Cindy, that CAL is a great idea! I don't have that many WIPs but it's still something to keep in mind. You don't have to have any WIPs. You can start 15 new items. It would be fun!

I hate having to wait for deliveries and repairmen. They usually come at the latter part of the appointment time. Hope the come soon.

I haven't done much of anything. I've been sitting around playing games with my 2 sisters. Alene will be going back to Alabama on tomorrow.

Well, I've done nothing so I might as well finish out the day doing nothing. I'll try to get something done on tomorrow. Oh I did get part of my yarn cubes up and filled with yarn. Our cable outlet and electrical plug is forcing me to split the cubes up.

Good night Housemates!

Hi, Val! Delivery was early for the fridge!! It's nice....

And I joinjed the CAL - I'm already up to 10 items, including x stitch and some WIM! The CAL just might get me moving.

Have a good night, my friends

Good morning!

Mary- Love the VB tote! I have a towel and tote in that pattern (that I had won) and I love it. I also have quite a few other VB totes and I love them. There is a great store that has a wonderful selection of 50% VB items that I go to!

The weather here has cleared- rain wise, but tracking the trip to Boston, looks like snow/rain on the way up- still deciding if it's better to just stay put and have DD come down on the bus on Saturday. I really want to go, but don't relish the idea of driving in yucky weather. Will call her in a bit to see what it's doing in Boston and re-check in an hour for various cities along the way.

Hugs to you all!

Good morning!

Mary- Love the VB tote! I have a towel and tote in that pattern (that I had won) and I love it. I also have quite a few other VB totes and I love them. There is a great store that has a wonderful selection of 50% VB items that I go to!

The weather here has cleared- rain wise, but tracking the trip to Boston, looks like snow/rain on the way up- still deciding if it's better to just stay put and have DD come down on the bus on Saturday. I really want to go, but don't relish the idea of driving in yucky weather. Will call her in a bit to see what it's doing in Boston and re-check in an hour for various cities along the way.

Hugs to you all!

As long as you get to see DD, that's what matters!

Have a good day everyone!

Good Morning! Our streets are mostly clear, so I will run to the grocery store and post office after while. :)

Joanne ~ If only the weather would cooperate with our plans. :hug I hope you get to see your DD soon!

Judy ~ Yay for the delivery guys coming early! I just saw your list on the other CAL...you are going to be one busy lady. :D Of course, that means lots of pictures are required. ;)

Cindy ~ I hope you have a good day at work. :manyheart

Valerie ~ The yarn cubes sound like a great idea. I have canvas bins on book shelves - Zoe, the cat, can reach in them so I have to keep the door closed to that room. :lol

Has anyone heard from Marisa? I hope she's not stuck in a snow storm.

Have a good day, everyone! :manyheart

Well, we are staying put- I tracked the weather from here to Boston- and in some cities in CT that I travel through there is snow and ice pellets! I don't drive in ice!! Called DD- she is as disappointed as middle DD and I are! Hoping she can come down on Saturday- she is looking into bus tix- but there is another snow storm on the way for the weekend so we'll see. I hope it will work out, but if Mother Nature has other plans, there's nothing I can do!

I am off a Monday in Jan and if it doesn't work out for this weekend, I'll try again then.

Off to go to Trader Joe's with DD- her BF is going to meet us there and then he'll take her home with him- which is nice- TJ's is about 1/2 way from my house to her place!

Archived