Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon Housemates!

Mary - I forgot to tell you I love your VB bag. I have to keep the door to my room closed as well because MJ, our cat, got loose in there once. He loves yarn.

Joanne - I'm sorry you won't be going to Boston. I do hope your DD will be able to come this weekend. I know how you look forward to having all three of your girls with you at the same time.

Judy - Hooray for early delivery! I'm glad you're enjoying your new "fridge." Good for you joining the CAL. I haven't started getting my projects together. I'll have them before the 1st.

Cindy - I hope work is kind to you!

Marlene & Marisa - wishing you safe travels!

Hope all of the housemates are doing well and enjoying the rest of the holiday.

BBL!

Aw, Joanne, you have to be so disappointed!! :hug

Val, now I have to go trough my containers of yarn and put patterns, yarn and hooks together in tote bags! I would never do this on my own...LOL!

Mary, yes, it's quite a list, isn't it??:lol

Good evening ladies :hi

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!! I had a wonderful time at home with the family. We went out to watch the Steelers game on Sunday and then had family over to the house in the evening, which of course was a blast. On Christmas eve we ran some errands and helped around the house a bit, went to mass for 4:00 and then back home for dinner and hanging with the family. After dinner we opened up our xmas pj's, put them on and headed down my Aunt's house to hang out for a while. We did our gifts on Christmas day and had dinner at 1. Nikki got there with the kids shortly after 1 and so we got to hang out with them all day. Yesterday, we ran out in the morning and planned to leave around noon, which we did....well, it was a bit after. We started out great, but hit snow fairly quickly although the roads were not bad. But as we got down nearing Hershey, the traffic was just insane and mixed with the bad weather we decided to turn around. My only deciding factor was to see the kids a bit more. But, we weren't happy with the decision to turn around and wish we would have just stuck it out and kept going. Anyways, we all went to pizza hut for dinner then, they have the dinner buffet on Wednesdays and I have no clue where those kids put all the food they ate. The 8 and 6 year olds both had 4 plates of salad!!!!!! And that's not the pizza, noodles, bread sticks, or dessert pizza :eek

Last night my dad, sister, her bf, and the 8 year old were outside trying to "fix" a piece of sheet metal hanging off the house next to us that kept banging our house! It sounded like fireworks :lol It didn't stop until the thing just fell completely :sigh

So then I was up at 5 this morning for the trek back to Pitt. The roads and traffic were much better. And, I had 5 patients scheduled today....2 were canceled because of my delayed return and they 3rd effected by that just came later in the day. An afternoon one canceled and the other rescheduled for tomorrow. But 2 others came in, so overall not a bad day at 3.

I'm exhausted and feel my eyes keep closing. I'd head home now, but I need to keep myself awake or I'll be trouble sleeping for the night.

I didn't take notes, but....

Judy - Gorgeous piano ghan :manyheart

Congrats to the new car ladies....I think it was Sherry and Joanne :think Joanne, you've been looking since before I moved :yes

Beautiful Vera Bradley tote :manyheart

I know I have more to say, but can't seem to remember :sigh:blush:shrug

See y'all tomorrow

Hi everyone. Another very busy day at work. I'm off tomorrow and work again Saturday.

We got several inches of snow overnight but the roads weren't too bad this morning. It was sunny today for a change too.

Marisa, did I understand you correctly? You got to see your brothers kids after all?

Judy, I haven't made my 15 project list yet, but I will by the end of the year.

Joanne, sorry the weather is interfering with your Boston trip. Fingers crossed that dd can come this weekend.

Marisa! I'm so glad you're home safe and sound - you must be exhausted! Like Cindy, I noticed that you mentioned seeing the kids...wonderful! :manyheart

I just started the last strip for another fish 'ghan. It's the same colors as Luke's - sapphire blue background with orange and yellow fish. :hook

:clapWoo hoo!!! DD is taking the train down tomorrow and will get here in the afternoon!!!:) I'm so happy now!!! I was so disappointed that the weather didn't cooperate for my middle DD and I to travel up there and spend a few days in Boston!

I spent this afternoon with DD and Ryan- and we went shopping- and she bought clothes for the new baby- and for Ryan for next winter! Great sales! I got a new pair of slippers and pj's!! Then we went out to dinner at Panera's.

Marisa- Yes, I've been thinking about a new car since before you moved. And ended up getting the one I originally wanted- the CR-V. I know you liked the Rogue better, but the CR-V suits me to a "t"! LOL Glad you had a wonderful Christmas and got to see the kids!

Mary, Val, Cindy, Judy, Linda---Sending you all positive thoughts and hugs!

Judy - We have a department store called Marshall's. They have these oversized bags that cost .99. I don't know what they're made of. But I have several and I keep all of my projects in one of those bags. I'll try to take a picture of it tomorrow. I'll probably buy some more for this CAL.

Cindy - I hope you're not tooo tired from your busy day at work. Try to get some R&R in tomorrow. I know it's easier said than done.

Marisa - I'm glad you got to see your nieces/nephews. I'm sorry you had a time getting home. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. Sounds like you had wonderful holida with your family.

My sister and dgn left today around 3ish and have made it safely to Alabama. I crocheted a little on the one of the afghans ordered. I plan to finish it by this weekend.

Well, I'm calling it a night. Have a good night all.

Hi All! Well, we got freezing rain on Christmas morning--and a about 1 inch of snow but it's been soooooo cold all week, brrrrrr. They are saying we'll get some freezing fog tonight and maybe some snow in the morning. I'm ready for warmer weather!!!

I'm also waiting for DS and DIL get here. They have a funeral to attend tomorrow (his uncle--my ex-husband's brother--passed away on Christmas Day), so they are coming up sooner and we'll have Christmas with them this weekend.

Read all the posts--no notes taken.

Joanne - Sorry you didn't get to go to Boston but looks like you'll have some fun with DD coming!!!

Marisa - sounds like a busy and good Christmas for you! Glad you made it home safely.

Got DD's shrug finished but it's been so dark and gloomy I didn't get a picture of it. Maybe I can take one when she's wearing it. Didn't get the projects I had planned for DS and DIL since they are coming early. Had to buy something for them as I didn't have enough done. I can work on the afghan and try to get it done soon.

Well, I'd better go and finish getting stuff ready for DS and DIL. Have a great evening and Friday!! Stay warm!!!

Good morning Housemates!

Sherry - Sorry for the loss of your son's uncle. However, glad that you get to see him and his wife. I would love to see pictures of your work. Have a good day. Get some r&r and enjoy your family.

I've dropped dnei off at work and waiting to drop off dnep at 9. As soon as it gets light enough, I'm going to work on the black, gray & white afghan. I also have to look through patterns and wips for the 15 project CAL.

Have a good day housemates!

BBL!

Joanne, that's great news!! Enjoy your time together.

Val, I saw where Lea posted about those bags, too - I have quite a few of all sorts of sizes, etc, so after I check I may not even need anymore - now THAT'S an embarrasing admission:blush

Off I go - off to meetup with Phyllis this morning! I'll be bringing my piano ghan for show and tell - not giving it to my goddaughter till Monday. She's off skiing this week. The girl never sits still!!:lol

Have a great day, Sherry, Cindy, everyone. Marlene, thinking of you.:hug:hug

Joanne - We posted at the same time last night so I'm just seeing your message. :cheer:clap for DD being able to come down to you. I know you're disappointed about not making the trip but the good side is you still get all three daughters at the same time.

Judy - I don't think your admission is embarrassing. I think mine is because I have bags but they're full :blush and now I want to buy 15 more to fill :devil. You're at least starting mostly new stuff. Have fun with Phyllis!

BBL!

/˚ •* ˚ ˚˚ ˛★* ˛° *

/*˛˚ •˚ ˚Good Morning! ** ~*

/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚.˚* ˚ ★ ˚. ★ *˛

˚* ˚ ˚* ˛˚ .. : ) ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .

How is everyone this wonderful Friday Morning?

I'm GREAT! I'm so sorry for not being around... but we took off on Christmas vacation and I have been busy and enjoying myself.

We left the day the boys got out of school for break and hit the road for Florida... with a little emergancy stop in Joplin MO to see my Aunt who is in the hospital. She's the one that taught me to knit and crochet.

post-18634-135897793902_thumb.jpg

We finally made it to Florida!!!!

post-18634-135897793905_thumb.jpg

We have a house here with its own pool and dock to fish from... the boys are having a great time.

post-18634-135897793912_thumb.jpg

We brought our little tree with us and put out the boys stockings .... waiting for Santa.... heheeee

post-18634-135897793916_thumb.jpg

Santa sure spoiled the boys....

Droid phones for David and Michael and an iPad 3 for Patrick

post-18634-135897793919_thumb.jpg

We then spent time at the Beach on Christmas day!!!

post-18634-13589779393_thumb.jpg

Then yesterday...... a car came to pick up Patrick and hubby to take them to the airport.

post-18634-135897793936_thumb.jpg

Patrick was invited to Standford University to pitch in a clinic with/for Stephen Strasburg. They will be there for a couple days... then fly back here to finish off our vacation. I am so proud of Patrick!!!!

I think today ... David ... Michael and I may venture out to a couple stores. Tomorrow its calling for a couple small showers here... so we'll just hang out in the house then.... but we're fine with that.... its still better than 4* and snow back home...LOL

I sure hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas.... and Santa brought you and your family everything you wanted!!!

love you guys!!!

God Bless you all!!!

:heart

:mug

ps... sorry about the tilted pictures.

post-18634-135897793909_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897793922_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897793925_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897793933_thumb.jpg

Good morning ladies :hi

You all saw that right. They came in on Christmas day around 2 in the afternoon, so we had the day to spend with them. And then just a little on Wed morning, but since we turned around, we got to spend another evening with them :clap

I opted to sleep in this morning to catch up a bit and decided I'll start getting back to the gym on Monday. Tonight I'm going to see the Nutcracker. I have a family of patient's whose twin daughters will be in it because they take classes at the Pittsburgh Ballet Company.....they are 16 and this is their goal in life as a career :yes

I have some errands to run today and want to get back early enough to get some things done. Santa brought me a new Garmin, so I need to get it set up and synced to the computer and all. I charged it all up last night.

Cindy - We're supposed to get more snow here tomorrow. They didn't clean up the first snow fall too well, but we missed it since we drove after it yesterday :yes Enjoy your day off! Those kids are too cute :manyheart I'm sooooo happy we got to spend at least a little time with them. And they all follow my father everywhere :eek My mom has to preoccupy them so he can get some bathroom time :rofl

Mary - WTG on the fish ghan, you'll have it done in no time :yes As I said, I loved seeing the kids and they were too funny with everything. When they first got there, they just didn't know who to hug first :lol

Joanne - So glad to hear that dd is coming down :clap:yay I'm also glad you're loving your CRV.....the same thing isn't for all of us, which is why we have so much variety in this world :yes I'm glad you found your perfect fit :hug

Val - Glad to hear that your sis and dgn made it safely to Bama. Did you make alot of progress on your ghan?

Sherry - We're getting more snow over the weekend too. What exactly is freezing fog? :think:blush Can't wait to see pics of dd's shrug :bounce

Judy - Oooo, have fun with Phyllis! I saw a couple pics on FB she was tagged in :manyheart

Tam - Oh boy, it looks like you all had a wonderful holiday and :cheer to Patrick, what an honor! I hope your Aunt is feeling better :hug

Good morning. It is cold and gloomy here with an 80% chance of snow for today. Hopefully it snows early and gets it over and done with so the roads will be okay for me to go to work tomorrow morning.

Val, what a great idea about the reusable bags. I have a few of them around here someplace. I've bought them in the past in place of gift bags. They're cheaper and more practical. Joannes sells bags for 99 cents too.

Tam, looks like you are having a wonderful vacation. Congratulations to Patrick!

Joanne, I'm so happy for you that DD can come to see you.

I've been out and about running errands this morning. I also went out for breakfast. I'm going to sit around and read or craft for most of the rest of the day. I'm going to do some thinking about my 15 projects for the enw year as well.

Did you see Amy's announcement about new forum software? Sounds like Crochetville will be down for several days in January, while the forums are switched over. Crochetville will also have it's own free pattern directory, which will be nice, since CPC is a mess since Rachel retired.

Morning all,

I slept in today- which for me is feat! I originally woke up around 4- and said to self-oh not, this is too early- and rolled over and got up at 8!

Judy- Hope you had a good time with Phyllis!!

Marisa- Have fun at the Nutcracker. I love the Nutcracker and have fond memories of my Mom taking me and my 3 DD's to Lincoln Center to see it! I have the soundtrack on my ipod, which I think I'll put on while I not so patiently wait for the time my DDs train arrives.

We are also supposed to get some snow- 4-6 inches maybe? Glad it's tomorrow and not today.

Cindy- Enjoy your relaxing day. Hoping the snow isn't too bad for you tomorrow.

All this talk of the 15 projects has me thinking of joining. We'll see. I do have some WIP's and some projects that I have to do this year. Also have a lot of work at work and don't want any more pressure to have to work on something each day so let me think about this!

Marisa - I need to do about 10 more rows and the border. Have fun at the Nutcracker.

Tam - Congrats to Patrick. Your vacation looks like Heaven.

Cindy - Good for you taking a day for yourself.

Joanne - you deserve to sleep in. Glad DD is getting in today. You can probably still the the 15 and rotate as you can.

Good morning! Just finished up reading the back posts. Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas. I loved watching GS open his many gifts. There is nothing quite like the face of a child opening presents and finding things (s)he loves inside. Christmas dinner was great and we've been enjoying leftovers since.

I've been working on the embroidered reeds for the lake quilt. I've added a lot but have many more to go. I've run out of floss though and will have to get more to continue. I think we'll make a run later today. Also have to pick up some more meds. Tonight GS goes to his dad's for a week. But he'll be back here before I have to leave.

Hi ladies,

We left at 8am this morning and we stopped to get a room in blytheville, arkansas and the car quit on us. Bad gas or hopefully not the fuel pump. Sil and bil are about an hour or so north of us and will be here in the morning. Luckily for us there is a ford dealer within 1/2 mile.

Hope the problem is minor and you can get on the road without any major delays or expenses.

We are in a blizzard warning area. The clerk said we may get it and we may not. We planned if it would be bad we would just stay put for another day.

Hope everyone stays safe if your out and about. Be back when I can.

Stay safe. :hug

Good morning everyone.

Laundry, cleaning and so forth on my agenda today. Tomorrow its back to work for me. We are going out for pizza with dh's brother and his family tonight so no cooking at least!

Val,. I joined this CAL, and the first project on my list is that 63 squares afghan. I am determined to finish that afghan in 2013. I've been working on it for at least 5 years. (well to be perfectly honest, I haven't really been working on it, which explains why it's been a wip for so long)

I'm thinking of joining, too. I think I've got enough WIPs and WIMs to more than fill up a list. :lol:lol

I almost forgot! DH gave me a Vera Bradley tote...I think DD gave him some help. :lol It's this pattern and I love it. :manyheart

That's beautiful, Mary!

The delivery came within minutes of the 2:30 earliest time! It looks perfect!! Now we have to figure out where to put everything. The bottom freezer is what I really needed....not a huge fridge, but that's because of the space it needed to slide into.

Hooray!!! :clap:clap:clap Love it when it works out that way.

Well, we are staying put- I tracked the weather from here to Boston- and in some cities in CT that I travel through there is snow and ice pellets! I don't drive in ice!! Called DD- she is as disappointed as middle DD and I are! Hoping she can come down on Saturday- she is looking into bus tix- but there is another snow storm on the way for the weekend so we'll see. I hope it will work out, but if Mother Nature has other plans, there's nothing I can do!

Sounds like a very wise decision. And I'm glad that DD is coming to see you instead.

Off to go to Trader Joe's with DD- her BF is going to meet us there and then he'll take her home with him- which is nice- TJ's is about 1/2 way from my house to her place!

Hope you had fun at Trader Joe's. Any good buys?

Good evening ladies :hi

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!! I had a wonderful time at home with the family. We went out to watch the Steelers game on Sunday and then had family over to the house in the evening, which of course was a blast. On Christmas eve we ran some errands and helped around the house a bit, went to mass for 4:00 and then back home for dinner and hanging with the family. After dinner we opened up our xmas pj's, put them on and headed down my Aunt's house to hang out for a while. We did our gifts on Christmas day and had dinner at 1. Nikki got there with the kids shortly after 1 and so we got to hang out with them all day. Yesterday, we ran out in the morning and planned to leave around noon, which we did....well, it was a bit after. We started out great, but hit snow fairly quickly although the roads were not bad. But as we got down nearing Hershey, the traffic was just insane and mixed with the bad weather we decided to turn around. My only deciding factor was to see the kids a bit more. But, we weren't happy with the decision to turn around and wish we would have just stuck it out and kept going. Anyways, we all went to pizza hut for dinner then, they have the dinner buffet on Wednesdays and I have no clue where those kids put all the food they ate. The 8 and 6 year olds both had 4 plates of salad!!!!!! And that's not the pizza, noodles, bread sticks, or dessert pizza :eek

Glad you got to spend more time with the family. Kids that age can be bottomless pits!

Last night my dad, sister, her bf, and the 8 year old were outside trying to "fix" a piece of sheet metal hanging off the house next to us that kept banging our house! It sounded like fireworks :lol It didn't stop until the thing just fell completely :sigh

Oh, dear! :lol:lol:lol

So then I was up at 5 this morning for the trek back to Pitt. The roads and traffic were much better. And, I had 5 patients scheduled today....2 were canceled because of my delayed return and they 3rd effected by that just came later in the day. An afternoon one canceled and the other rescheduled for tomorrow. But 2 others came in, so overall not a bad day at 3.

Sounds like things worked out well.

I'm exhausted and feel my eyes keep closing. I'd head home now, but I need to keep myself awake or I'll be trouble sleeping for the night.

I know I have more to say, but can't seem to remember :sigh:blush:shrug

See y'all tomorrow

Hope you're more rested by now. :hug:hug

:clapWoo hoo!!! DD is taking the train down tomorrow and will get here in the afternoon!!!:) I'm so happy now!!! I was so disappointed that the weather didn't cooperate for my middle DD and I to travel up there and spend a few days in Boston!

I spent this afternoon with DD and Ryan- and we went shopping- and she bought clothes for the new baby- and for Ryan for next winter! Great sales! I got a new pair of slippers and pj's!! Then we went out to dinner at Panera's.

What a fun afternoon. :clap

Marisa- Yes, I've been thinking about a new car since before you moved. And ended up getting the one I originally wanted- the CR-V. I know you liked the Rogue better, but the CR-V suits me to a "t"! LOL Glad you had a wonderful Christmas and got to see the kids!

Congrats on the new car. :clap

Mary, Val, Cindy, Judy, Linda---Sending you all positive thoughts and hugs!

Good morning. It is cold and gloomy here with an 80% chance of snow for today. Hopefully it snows early and gets it over and done with so the roads will be okay for me to go to work tomorrow morning.

Val, what a great idea about the reusable bags. I have a few of them around here someplace. I've bought them in the past in place of gift bags. They're cheaper and more practical. Joannes sells bags for 99 cents too.

I have a bunch of totes picked up at various times and locations that I keep projects in. They sure come in handy.

Tam, looks like you are having a wonderful vacation. Congratulations to Patrick!

I second that on both counts! :clap:clap

Did you see Amy's announcement about new forum software? Sounds like Crochetville will be down for several days in January, while the forums are switched over. Crochetville will also have it's own free pattern directory, which will be nice, since CPC is a mess since Rachel retired.

I missed the announcement, so thanks for the heads up.

Hope you all have a great day. Will check in later. :hug:hug:hug

Hi, everybody!

Phyllis and I had a nice visit - always flys by!:)

Joanne, if you miss working on a day's project just continue the next day with whatever you listed there....

I'm going to give this at least 2 rotations if I can - and see if it's working for me. I usually work better from a list - in all areas of my life:lol

Have to dash - getting caught up from what I didn't do this AM!

Hi, ya!

No hooking today - but I think tomorrow will be the day I break out the hook again.

I'll be starting up a thread called "Getting Started on Gifts for 2013" and putting a link for it in the 2012 thread. I think I should give it another shot since it seemed to be good for some people. No pressure on anyone - just a heads up;)

Have a good night ladies!

Here's the link for the new thread: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2530422#post2530422

Hi, everybody!

Phyllis and I had a nice visit - always flys by!:)

Joanne, if you miss working on a day's project just continue the next day with whatever you listed there....

I'm going to give this at least 2 rotations if I can - and see if it's working for me. I usually work better from a list - in all areas of my life:lol

Have to dash - getting caught up from what I didn't do this AM!

Thanks for the info on what to do if you miss a day. Now to come up with 15 wips (which shouldn't be too hard)

Hi, ya!

No hooking today - but I think tomorrow will be the day I break out the hook again.

I'll be starting up a thread called "Getting Started on Gifts for 2013" and putting a link for it in the 2012 thread. I think I should give it another shot since it seemed to be good for some people. No pressure on anyone - just a heads up;)

Have a good night ladies!

Here's the link for the new thread: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2530422#post2530422

Not sure what I'm going to make for co-worker gifts this year. I've made Stash buster totes and scarves and cowls. Maybe fingerless mitts for everyone next year?:think Will pop on over

DD is here- train arrived right on time!!! We went to lunch and had a nice bowl of soup and then stopped at the Bux for a gingerbread latte. We've been hanging out and now we are watching the Rutgers/Virginia Tech Bowl game. RU is winning!! She's a RU alum, too! We may watch a movie afterwards or just read (and me crochet). She wants a gray cowl and I just happened to have some Paton's Shetland Chunky in my stash.

Have a good night everyone!

Archived