Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

Happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday celebration, Judy!!

Linda- WTG on the 2 year old WIP!!! I know you are going to have a wonderful holiday spent with your DD and GS!!

Cindy- Breakfast out IS my favorite meal- but not if it would mean trailing my DH around Harbor Freight and Home Depot---although, during the power outage due to Hurricane Sandy, I did just that! Of course, it was because there was heat there! LOL

Mary- Ryan is doing great- spend the afternoon/evening with him--I took care of my errands in the morning and the bare minimum cleaning, then went over to DD's. In the evening they came to my house for dinner and Ryan loved playing with the Russian Nesting Doll Santa. It was my mother's and DD said she loved playing it with it at my Mom's house. So the tradition continues!

I have laundry to do today, then hopefully some crocheting while watching the Giants game this afternoon- We are going to watch at DD's house. it was so funny --Ryan only says a few words- but as soon as I said see you tomorrow to watch the Giants- he said 'touchdown':lol

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Gloomy and rainy here again today.

My plans for the day are simple, church and then reading and crafting by the fire.

Joanne, I would have followed dh around if there was no heat here. Breakfast out is a nice way to start a weekend day.

Good morning all. It's gloomy and feels like rain here, but warmer so I won't complain too much. I still have to get the camera battery, so may do that later. Otherwise it's crafting. I cleared off the kitchen table last night! Yay! :clap First time since the move in. Now I have a place to pin quilt stuff together!

Good morning!

Mary- Ryan is doing great- spend the afternoon/evening with him--I took care of my errands in the morning and the bare minimum cleaning, then went over to DD's. In the evening they came to my house for dinner and Ryan loved playing with the Russian Nesting Doll Santa. It was my mother's and DD said she loved playing it with it at my Mom's house. So the tradition continues!

That's so sweet! :manyheart

I have laundry to do today, then hopefully some crocheting while watching the Giants game this afternoon- We are going to watch at DD's house. it was so funny --Ryan only says a few words- but as soon as I said see you tomorrow to watch the Giants- he said 'touchdown':lol

Love it!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Sweet Pea and I had a longer walk today so once I finish catching up with everyone it's craft time. Have a wonderful day. :manyheart Hugs to all who are under the weather. :hug:hug:hug

Tonight I dug out one of my WIPs, made the quilt sandwich, and the quilting on a table runner for Rosie and John. The binding is the only part of it still to finish. It was started two years ago. :P

NIght all. :manyheart

More FOs!:clap:clap:clap

Good afternoon houemates!

It's gloomy and raining here. I haven't done much of anything except sit. I'm going to try to crochet later today. I have to take the DNep to work at 5.

I'm hungry and want something different...there is nothing different.

Joanne - glad you are getting some Ryan and crocheting time.

Linda - You are really cranking out the crafts.

Judy - Glad you're getting to work on your wrap.

Cindy - Stay warm and enjoy your reading and crafting.

Have a good Sunday all at the House!

As Val said, it started raining this afternoon and it's really wet out there.

The table runner is done. :clap

Next I'm going to take another stab at putting the Project Linus sandwich together. I THINK I've come up with a way of keeping it from shifting while I pin it. I hope, I hope, I hope. I'll let you know if it works or not. I have to run out to get the camera battery, but other than that I'm planning on staying in and crafting while watching holiday movies on TV. :manyheart

Okay, I've run my errands and am back. I went to Goodwill while I was out and found two more sweaters to take with me up north, as well as a pair of boots.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the charity baby quilt:

post-9295-135897791986_thumb.jpg

And here is one of the Christmas WIP:

post-9295-135897791989_thumb.jpg

And here is one of the lake picture quilt:

post-9295-135897791992_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897791983_thumb.jpg

All three are wonderful, Linda! :clap I remember when you were piecing the lake quilt - it's stunning! You must be getting so excited about your trip! :)

I will try and check in a little later - I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. :manyheart

Okay, I've run my errands and am back. I went to Goodwill while I was out and found two more sweaters to take with me up north, as well as a pair of boots.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the charity baby quilt:

[ATTACH]60989[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60990[/ATTACH]

And here is one of the Christmas WIP:

[ATTACH]60991[/ATTACH]

And here is one of the lake picture quilt:

[ATTACH]60992[/ATTACH]

Love them!! I'm really happy to hear you're working on the lake picture quilt again, too - it's a beautiful piece:c9

Well, I got really annoyed with the wrap pattern.....frogged all 8 rows and started from scratch - using 2 starnds, an M hook, and winging it with my own design - using a bit of the frogged pattern I liked along the way. We'll see what happens...LOL!

Linda, your projects are beautiful. The lake quilt is a real work of art.

Judy, sometimes its best to just give up and try something new, no point in dealing with frustration if you don't have to.. Hope the wrap works out this time.

I have to work tomorrow, so it's time for me to get settled for the night. Good night!

Hi again. :)

Judy ~ I'm so sorry the wrap pattern isn't working...but I see you're making great progress on the piano 'ghan!:hook

Cindy ~ I hope your work week goes well. :)

Can't help telling a Luke story...he has decided that he wants to do everything himself. :lol They were going to a Christmas brunch today and he told DD that he wanted to get dressed by himself. He appeared with his underwear and his shoes on and nothing else. :rofl When she told him he looked great but could she help him with his sweater and jeans, he said "It's okay, mommy - I'm ready to go." Such a joy. :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Val, I hope your back feeling yourself real soon.

Marisa, I hope you can work out a partnership with the lady from the wellness center.

Joanne, Sorry for your long hours. I hope this week is much easier on you. Glad you had some Ryan time. How cute he knows touchdown. Kids says the cutest things.

Judy, Glad you had a :birthday Sorry the wrap is giving you such a fuss. Did you check to see if there are any corrections either on the site or ravelry? Hope it works out for you this time around.

Tam, Hope you had a great weekend.

Mary, Cute Luke story :lol Kids are just to funny sometimes.

Cindy, Sorry you didn't get to go out for breakfast. It depends on my mood if I want to hit those men stores. I miss my Menards while in Texas. Meijers to. No one has sales like Meijers. Usually it is DH who is following me around or waiting in the car on me.

Linda, Have a safe trip and a wonderful time on your vacation. I bet GS is so excited to see you. Glad you get lots of time with him. Your quilt projects are just awesome. The Lake one is my favorite. Do you know that Michael's has a calendar for next year with quilts on it?

We had a great time at DD's with Maya. I went shopping when we got there. I needed a pattern and they had them on sale. I picked up Maya her first crochet hook, but we didn't have enough time to do anything. I told her next summer I'll teach her. She doesn't know I bought her a hook.

I gave DD her Christmas tree skirt. I ran out of yarn just short of the last row. I may have another skein here not sure. I did take a picture. I have to locate my cord for the camera so I can share both tree skirt pictures.

This morning I watched Blake Shelton's Christmas show that was on friday night. What a way to start your morning. Now I wished I knew it was on I would of recorded it here so I could rewatch and rewatch. He's awesome!!!

Busy week this week. My to do list is, make pies and freeze them, get things packed for Texas, make phone calls, make 2 pans of peanut butter fudge,bake cookies for Maya to frost, finish Christmas shopping. All this before saturday.

Have a nice monday everyone!

Forgot to tell you Maya is the star student of the week. We filled in and colored a huge paper all about Maya. She told her name, her age, where she lived, her friends, her favorite color, what she wants to be when she grows up (a doctor or a teacher), pictures of her family, and Daisy. All week she is going to be the star. I told her Mom to be it on her bedroom wall when she brings it home.

Good evening all!!

It's been a long couple of days. Friday night was the Christmas program for the day care--it was great! Both GS got to be in it--oldest one doesn't go there except on breaks but the director said he could sing as he knew the songs. Then a birthday party on Saturday morning--it was a lot of fun. but when we got home, littlest GS was running a fever, almost 104, so we called the dr and got more medicine. So he sat on my lap the rest of the day. This morning he felt some better but was still running some fever. This nasty stuff just won't go away :( I'm feeling some better but still have the nasty sounding cough. Youngest DD still has the cough as well. She's gotten more meds too.

Belated Birthday greetings Judy!! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Linda - beautiful quilts!! I love the colors!

Joanne - hope you have a better week this week!

Judy - hope you can figure out something on your project. I've had a lot of frogging this year. It's frustrating but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Marisa - Sounds like a good opportunity for you. Hope things work out.

Well, tomorrow will be a busy day--get to go shopping to buy presents for 17 kids (for a church project). Should be fun--will be going with a coworker--hopefully we can get it all done in one afternoon. Then we can have several days to recruit others to wrap them :) And then there's all the regular work that has to be done too!

I did get some crocheting done last night and this afternoon. I made two potato chip scarves and almost 1/2 way done with the third one (gifts for the school teachers) AND I finally taught my oldest GS to crochet!!! Yea!!! He can do a chain and is learning the single crochet. He wants to make a scarf but I told him it would have to be after Christmas as he's a little bit slow on crocheting--he wants to go fast like me--told him I've got a lot of years of practice :)

Well, I'd better get to bed. First night I've been up this late since I got sick.

Hope you all have a great Monday!!

Hi again. :)

Can't help telling a Luke story...he has decided that he wants to do everything himself. :lol They were going to a Christmas brunch today and he told DD that he wanted to get dressed by himself. He appeared with his underwear and his shoes on and nothing else. :rofl When she told him he looked great but could she help him with his sweater and jeans, he said "It's okay, mommy - I'm ready to go." Such a joy. :manyheart

That is so very sweet. :manyheart

I managed to finish a prayer shawl tonight. It's in variegated light gray, dark gray, and medium turquoise. The middle is knit and the edges are in single and double crochet. The knit middle was curling into a tube, so I added the crochet which is keeping it flat now.

Thanks for all the compliments on my quilted projects. I'm thinking of taking the lake quilt with me to DD's and working on it there. Will have to take some crochet too, just not sure what or which.

Have a great day. I'll be busy getting ready to leave. :blush

Good morning!

Linda- Love all your quilt project- and like some of the others, I have to admit that the lake one is my favorite and is spectacular! Have a wonderful time- and safe travels!

Marlene- Congrats to Maya on being the Star of the Week!!!

Judy- Sorry about the wrap---agree with Cindy- if not working out- no use getting frustrated....and I also saw how in our siggy how much progress you have made on the piano ghan! WTG!!!!

Cindy- Have a good day at work today-

I'll have another week of long days, but shouldn't be as bad as last week! After Friday, I'm off until January 2!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!! I spent the afternoon with DD and Ryan - watching the Giants abysmal game! Ryan makes it all fun though!! It was wonderful spending so much time with him this weekend!!! I did finish two more cowls yesterday and got another round done on DD's RR---I am thinking I'm going to do 3 more rounds and call it done!

Off I go to get ready for Paradise.

Good morning housemates :hi

It was a long weekend :think Well, Friday night my brother started with his crap again. Sent out a message to me, Steph, and my parents. I was taken aback and text back to ask if I said anything to receive that and his response was that everyone got it :think To make a long story short, Me and Steph will not get to see the kids, but to say good bye to them before we come back to Pitt because they'll be up at SIL's parents house the WHOLE time we're in town :think So after his message I said something about it and then SIL sent a text that she made the itinerary and if I had a problem with it to talk to her :think My mom told her before she made it when we'd be home...... Anyhow, everything has definitely escaladed beyond belief! Friday was the only night last week I wasn't busy and was so looking forward to my evening home alone to relax and crochet :bounce Well, that started just after I sat down to eat my dinner....which then went in the fridge because I was soooo mad, frustrated, disappointed, disgusted, etc. My parents said they feel like bad and inadequate grandparents :( I never text either one back then, and decided that every time i hear from them I get this influx of bad energy and undue stress that I have no control over. So, I've officially blocked both of their numbers from my phone (the first 2 people ever might I add, and I've had my cell for about 16 years!). My dad even told SIL that we are starting to truely think that me and Steph are just not wanted around the kids at all :think My aunt got some info out of the oldest about how everything really started to change and become weird since they started this new church :think As I said, I'm so disgusted and it's nothing I can change and so now if they call or text, I just won't get it :( I couldn't even sleep, was still wide awake at 4am with all sorts of nasty thoughts that I could not evict from my head :(

BUT, Saturday morning I went to the children's museum again for teaching kids to knit/crochet and is was a GREAT stress reliever!!!! The kids are so cute and make me smile :D We had a 9 year old boy stop by and after a minute he says "now I know how women in the 1800's felt.....this is hard labor" :lol A pretty wise comment I thought :wink

Then we went to Bridget's house for christmas dinner with Bean's family which was also a wonderful evening. Yesterday we had friends over for the Steelers game and again had a great time. I'm waiting for a patient now and then I might run some errands with Ingrid. She has some shopping to finish up, but Averie was feeling so hot this weekend so we'll see :think

I still need to finish Steph's gloves for christmas, which hopefully will happen by tomorrow at the latest :xfin

Alright, I gotta run, but will be back a bit later :hug

Good morning Housemates!!

Linda - I'm glad you got to run your errands and found the sweaters. Your quits are beautiful...I love the Lake!

Mary - your Luke is sooooo cute!

Joanne - hope this week passes fast for you! Woo hoo on being off for a week or so! Sorry the Falcons beat your Giants!

Marisa - I'm sorry your brother and SIL are being mean. Pray about it and shake it off. I hate it that your neices/nephews are the ones that suffer because they are missing time with great aunts. Lifting you and your family up in prayer! You would think with the situation on Friday, it would make them want to share their kids with everyone.

Judy - sorry you had to frog your shawl.

Marlene - Thanks! Congrats on Maya being the star of the week.

Hope the rest of the housemates are doing well!

Good morning all. Busy day on the agenda for today with laundry, a trip to the bank, getting my glasses fixed and adjusted (the lens fell out again), and packing. Eek! :eek

Good morning!

Linda- Love all your quilt project- and like some of the others, I have to admit that the lake one is my favorite and is spectacular! Have a wonderful time- and safe travels!

Thanks, Joanne. On both counts.

I'll have another week of long days, but shouldn't be as bad as last week! After Friday, I'm off until January 2!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!! I spent the afternoon with DD and Ryan - watching the Giants abysmal game! Ryan makes it all fun though!! It was wonderful spending so much time with him this weekend!!! I did finish two more cowls yesterday and got another round done on DD's RR---I am thinking I'm going to do 3 more rounds and call it done!

Off I go to get ready for Paradise.

Hooray for a long break coming up. :clap Hope the week goes by smoothly even if long days on the agenda. And hooray for a lot of Ryan time last weekend. :hug

Good morning housemates :hi

It was a long weekend :think Well, Friday night my brother started with his crap again. Sent out a message to me, Steph, and my parents. I was taken aback and text back to ask if I said anything to receive that and his response was that everyone got it :think To make a long story short, Me and Steph will not get to see the kids, but to say good bye to them before we come back to Pitt because they'll be up at SIL's parents house the WHOLE time we're in town :think So after his message I said something about it and then SIL sent a text that she made the itinerary and if I had a problem with it to talk to her :think My mom told her before she made it when we'd be home...... Anyhow, everything has definitely escaladed beyond belief! Friday was the only night last week I wasn't busy and was so looking forward to my evening home alone to relax and crochet :bounce Well, that started just after I sat down to eat my dinner....which then went in the fridge because I was soooo mad, frustrated, disappointed, disgusted, etc. My parents said they feel like bad and inadequate grandparents :( I never text either one back then, and decided that every time i hear from them I get this influx of bad energy and undue stress that I have no control over. So, I've officially blocked both of their numbers from my phone (the first 2 people ever might I add, and I've had my cell for about 16 years!). My dad even told SIL that we are starting to truely think that me and Steph are just not wanted around the kids at all :think My aunt got some info out of the oldest about how everything really started to change and become weird since they started this new church :think As I said, I'm so disgusted and it's nothing I can change and so now if they call or text, I just won't get it :( I couldn't even sleep, was still wide awake at 4am with all sorts of nasty thoughts that I could not evict from my head :(

Oh, good grief! How inconsiderate! I think you are wise to block their calls and emails. You don't need that kind of stress in your life. Especially when you can't do anything about it. It sounds like their new church is one of the weird ones. I'm so sorry. :hug Turn them over to God as he is the one who can change things. Praying for all of you. :hug

BUT, Saturday morning I went to the children's museum again for teaching kids to knit/crochet and is was a GREAT stress reliever!!!! The kids are so cute and make me smile :D We had a 9 year old boy stop by and after a minute he says "now I know how women in the 1800's felt.....this is hard labor" :lol A pretty wise comment I thought :wink

Love it!

Then we went to Bridget's house for christmas dinner with Bean's family which was also a wonderful evening. Yesterday we had friends over for the Steelers game and again had a great time. I'm waiting for a patient now and then I might run some errands with Ingrid. She has some shopping to finish up, but Averie was feeling so hot this weekend so we'll see :think

I still need to finish Steph's gloves for christmas, which hopefully will happen by tomorrow at the latest :xfin

Alright, I gotta run, but will be back a bit later :hug

Have a good day all. Love you all. :manyheart

Hi House. ♥♥♥

Marisa ~ Sending lots of hugs to your family. :hug My sister had a very similar situation with her daughter (step daughter, but never used that term) and three granddaughters. She left her husband and kept the girls from seeing all of us for years. I know it's heartbreaking - remember we are here to listen and support you. :hug I'm so glad you spent a morning teaching the little ones crocheting and knitting! :manyheart

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds great! Spending so much time with Ryan is wonderful.:c9 My gosh, they grow too fast, don't they? :)

Marlene ~ You have a super busy week! Please tell Maya "Congratulations" for the Star Student award!

Sherry ~ How wonderful that your GS is learning to crochet! My aunt made me crochet chains until my stitches were even...sometimes they went all over the house. :lol She made a game out of it and then we went on to other stitches.

Hi Valerie ~ I hope you're all better and having a good day. :manyheart

Linda ~ On top of everything else you're doing, you've finished another prayer shawl, too! :clap I hate packing...I always want to take way too much and it never fits. :lol What time is your flight tomorrow?

Hi House. ♥♥♥

Linda ~ On top of everything else you're doing, you've finished another prayer shawl, too! :clap I hate packing...I always want to take way too much and it never fits. :lol What time is your flight tomorrow?

I think I've got everything done but the kitchen, laundry and packing. The flight is at 9:30 am, which means I leave here at 6:00 am. Ouch! :eek I am NOT an early riser. Oh, well. It's worth it. :manyheart

Hey ladies :hi

I'm baaacccck! I had my patient this morning, never did meet Ingrid out but Averie did stay home today. I got my christmas cards done to send out to patients (I didn't do them to friends/family this year though....so don't think I forgot about you when you don't get one this year ladies :lol ) I cleaned the office and I feel like I did something else, but it escapes me right now :think

Now, I'm going to crochet a bit before heading back to the house for the night.

Thank you all for your love, support, and encouragement :hug :hug :hug

Linda - I forgot to mention earlier that your quilts are gorgeous!!!! :manyheart

Mary - Love the story about Luke :lol

Hi everyone. Very busy day at work today, oh well, time flew by. I'm working tomorrow as well.

Marisa, I think blocking your brother and his wife is a good plan for your mental health. However, I'm sorry you won't get to see the kids.

Linda, hope your trip goes smoothly, and you have a wonderful time with your dd and your dgs.

Marlene congrats to Maya on being a star! Of course, we already knew she was a star. Now it's official!

Sherry, sure hope that you all feel better over there before Christmas. You sound quite busy at work. Hope it slows down for the holiday.

Joanne, hope your week is less hectic than last week. At least you gotmtomseemRyan this weekend. And you've got a nice long stretch off to look forward to.

Judy, how is the wrap coming, now that you are doing it your way?

Mary, the Luke story was so cute. I can just picture the little guy all ready to go in his undies and shoes. He was probably very proud of how he looked!

Val, hope you and your sis are feeling better.

I'm planning to watch tv and work on dgs afghan tonight. I'm home alone, so I should get lots done.

Hi, ladies!!

Linda, I hope you can get some sleep tonight - I know you're so excited! Safe travels:hug

Marisa, you were right to block their numbers....and this church sounds too wierd....but you had such a blessing working with the kids the next day! That was perfect timing:hug

Joanne, I love your Ryan stories! He sounds so sweet!

The wrap is coming along - I'm hoping I can get it done in the next 2 days. We'll see. I'm not making it too wide, so I may have enough yarn left to make it look halfway decent!:lol I really want it to just drape over my shoulders more as an accessory than for function.

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Archived