Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Show and tell time. Here are pictures of the completed quilt top and the quilt back.

post-9295-135897790174_thumb.jpg

And here are the squares that I made for Dimples. Sweet Pea decided to include herself in this one.

post-9295-135897790179_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897790171_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. Nothing much happening here so not a lot to say.

My oldest grandsons birthday is Dec 27th. He loves to read some got him one of those bean bag chairs and a whole bunch of books. Yesterday I decided to make him an afghan to use while he reads in his new chair. I'm doing a 2 SUB using all different shades of blue from my stash. I don't like it a lot but I think he will.

Marisa, my niece has chickens and they are a lot of work. I don't think they can leave them to fend for themselves if they go on vacation either. At least, they never do.

And good that at least the presentation was informative. I'm jealous of your Victorian home tour. Hope Steph can go. I love that sort of thing.

Linda, your friend must have been more than a little happy to have you stay with her dad. It must have been so good for her and her dh to get out together.

Judy, Sophie would be awfully upset if she couldn't have treats. Did Sparkie notice?

Val are you and your sister doing any better? I hope so.

Hi to Mary, Tam, Sherri, Marlene, Joanne, and everyone else.

Show and tell time. Here are pictures of the completed quilt top and the quilt back.

[ATTACH]60702[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60703[/ATTACH]

And here are the squares that I made for Dimples. Sweet Pea decided to include herself in this one.

[ATTACH]60704[/ATTACH]

That quilt is wonderful. I like the printed fabric for the back. Never thought of doing that.

Beautiful squares too.

[ATTACH]60704[/ATTACH]

Linda, these are all absolutely, breathtakingly gorgeous :manyheart

Hi everyone. Nothing much happening here so not a lot to say.

My oldest grandsons birthday is Dec 27th. He loves to read some got him one of those bean bag chairs and a whole bunch of books. Yesterday I decided to make him an afghan to use while he reads in his new chair. I'm doing a 2 SUB using all different shades of blue from my stash. I don't like it a lot but I think he will.

Marisa, my niece has chickens and they are a lot of work. I don't think they can leave them to fend for themselves if they go on vacation either. At least, they never do.

And good that at least the presentation was informative. I'm jealous of your Victorian home tour. Hope Steph can go. I love that sort of thing.

Sounds like a great gift idea :yes We did the house tour last year and loved it. 6 houses participate and it's the owners that give the tour (usually main floor only). They have people come in and do the decorating and such. It's right in our neighborhood as it's the historical district (well, starting on about the street over and down :lol )

Hi House. :)

Marisa ~ Your tree skirt is wonderful! :clap

Marlene ~ It's so nice that you got to spend time with family! Let us know how you like the Sashay yarn - I keep looking at it, but haven't bought any yet.

Linda ~ Your quilt is gorgeous! Love the fabrics you have chosen. :cheer Way to go on making so many squares for Dimples. :manyheart

Cindy ~ The bean bag chair and books are a super idea for your grandson's birthday! And congrats on starting a new project. :wink:D

Hi to everyone I've missed. It's been a long day...another long drive and dealing with the parents. My mom is probably going to remain at the senior care facility and my dad wants to stay at home - with my brother who is doing absolutely nothing to help him. My sister and I talked to Dad about home care (cleaning, cooking, etc.) for him and he sounded fairly positive. That way, dear brother would have to move out and get a job! We shall see...

I plan on Christmas shopping tomorrow! My list is pretty complete and I hope to get lots accomplished. :yes

Linda - what beautiful work you do!!!!

Cindy - I've been thinking of bean bags for the boys but not sure yet. Will have to see what's out there before I decide to get them one.

Mary - hope your shopping went well. I still have lots to shop for, at least DS and DIL won't be here for Christmas so that gives me a little more time on their things.

Marisa - love the tree and tree skirt!!

It's still been a very crazy week at work. Last night was worn out from all the work, I almost have the pictoral directory ready to go to the printer, today was our staff Christmas luncheon and it was really nice but was out of the office way too long, so I'm behind again on the regular work. DD is still not feeling well, went to the dr yesterday and she's got bronchitis (sp??) and is on a couple of meds. Little GS is feeling some better but still complains of his ear:( Hopefully they will be feeling better by the weekend. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for them.

Well, I'd better go and get busy on that shrug!! Have a great evening all

Thank you Sherry and Mary.

I got a request for baby quilt for a little girl through the prayer shawl group. I have a top that Rosie made in pastel pinks, greens, and yellows. Will use a piece of material for the back that is blue with Care Bears and Stars playing amid clouds and rainbows. Pieced the batting together tonight from some left over from other projects so should be able to pin it together tomorrow while baking a cake for a church get together tomorrow night.

Morning!!!

Mary, it's a shame your brother isn't more help....there always seems to be one member of the family who shoulders all the burdens.:hug

Update on the pups.

We caved:P....the treats are back...the gas is gone! Dry kibble was the culprit. Cindy, Sparkie would gobble the kibble...then sit by the cookie jar and wait for the real thing....poor guy. Anyway, the grain free food is exorbitant and to feed these guys...well, a vet visit might be cheaper:lol

[ATTACH]60704[/ATTACH]

Wow! Great work!! And I'm so glad the 97 yo was easy for you to be with. Maybe you should always bring a couple of different things to work on so he'll be mentally engaged like he was the first time?

Have to dash....de-furring the stair carpet is on the agenda for this morning.

Have a great day, Mrisa, Sherry, and everyone!!

Good morning. Have to load the dishwasher this morning and bake the cake. I think I'm going to do my hair today, too. It's had so little life since I got sick that putting some highlights in it to cover the gray and brighten the rest sounds like a good idea. I need to cut it too, but that's for another day. Then the get together this evening.

Kim's John called yesterday about me coming over next week to help pack up his kitchen. I don't know how I feel about that and haven't called him back yet. Most of me is in the "No Way!" mood, but if he pays me for my time then maybe. :think

Morning!!!

Update on the pups.

We caved:P....the treats are back...the gas is gone! Dry kibble was the culprit. Cindy, Sparkie would gobble the kibble...then sit by the cookie jar and wait for the real thing....poor guy. Anyway, the grain free food is exorbitant and to feed these guys...well, a vet visit might be cheaper:lol

Oh, yeah. I hear you on that one. Some of the foods are soooo expensive, even for a little dog!

Wow! Great work!! And I'm so glad the 97 yo was easy for you to be with. Maybe you should always bring a couple of different things to work on so he'll be mentally engaged like he was the first time?

Definitely planning on taking several things with me again on Saturday. I saw Carol last night and apparently she was bragging on how well I did with him to everyone where she works yesterday. They were all happy for her. :lol Having been a nurse for so long, definitely has its advantages when it comes to watching/taking care of those with problems. :D

Have a great day, Marisa, Sherry, and everyone!!

Hope you all have a great day today. I'll catch you all later. :hug:manyheart:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I have have errands to run for Steph today and have to take a package to the post office to get out to Dimples....I was supposed to have done that earlier in the week :eek

I'm hoping after my errands I can get some hook time in on Steph's gloves :xfin I had a patient this morning already, but that's all that's scheduled for today.

Hi House. :)

Marisa ~ Your tree skirt is wonderful! :clap

Hi to everyone I've missed. It's been a long day...another long drive and dealing with the parents. My mom is probably going to remain at the senior care facility and my dad wants to stay at home - with my brother who is doing absolutely nothing to help him. My sister and I talked to Dad about home care (cleaning, cooking, etc.) for him and he sounded fairly positive. That way, dear brother would have to move out and get a job! We shall see...

I plan on Christmas shopping tomorrow! My list is pretty complete and I hope to get lots accomplished. :yes

Thanks :hug I hope everything works out with your parents and brother :hug

Linda - what beautiful work you do!!!!

Marisa - love the tree and tree skirt!!

It's still been a very crazy week at work. Last night was worn out from all the work, I almost have the pictoral directory ready to go to the printer, today was our staff Christmas luncheon and it was really nice but was out of the office way too long, so I'm behind again on the regular work. DD is still not feeling well, went to the dr yesterday and she's got bronchitis (sp??) and is on a couple of meds. Little GS is feeling some better but still complains of his ear:( Hopefully they will be feeling better by the weekend. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for them.

Well, I'd better go and get busy on that shrug!! Have a great evening all

Thanks :hug Hoping you get the directory done today :xfin Glad to hear that GS is feeling a bit better, thoughts and prayers for dd to recover as well:hug

Thank you Sherry and Mary.

I got a request for baby quilt for a little girl through the prayer shawl group. I have a top that Rosie made in pastel pinks, greens, and yellows. Will use a piece of material for the back that is blue with Care Bears and Stars playing amid clouds and rainbows. Pieced the batting together tonight from some left over from other projects so should be able to pin it together tomorrow while baking a cake for a church get together tomorrow night.

How exciting, sounds like it will be super cute :yes

Morning!!!

Update on the pups.

Have a great day, Mrisa, Sherry, and everyone!!

:whew Good idea switching back to the treats so you don't have to endure Sparkie :rofl Have fun de-furring :wink

Good morning. Have to load the dishwasher this morning and bake the cake. I think I'm going to do my hair today, too. It's had so little life since I got sick that putting some highlights in it to cover the gray and brighten the rest sounds like a good idea. I need to cut it too, but that's for another day. Then the get together this evening.

Kim's John called yesterday about me coming over next week to help pack up his kitchen. I don't know how I feel about that and haven't called him back yet. Most of me is in the "No Way!" mood, but if he pays me for my time then maybe. :think

Hope you all have a great day today. I'll catch you all later. :hug:manyheart:hug

I always feel better after coloring my hair too :yes I agree about helping John, if he's gonna pay you then great but if not he's just taking advantage of you :think

Hi all,

I'm so happy it's the weekend! Tons of work to do next week- but for now, I'm off till Monday!

My DD and BF have an art opening reception this evening and I'm waiting for DH to get home and then we'll head up to that. She is very excited!

Nothing like a little pampering- hair, nails, whatever! I'm getting my nails done tomorrow and have tons of running around to do. And the usual laundry, cleaning, etc, etc. Not enough hours in the day!

Anyway, I'll be glad when things calm down a bit after the holidays so I'll have a little more time to 'chat' with you all!

Linda, if I were you I wouldn't help John unless he paid me very well - and of course only if you're feeling at the top of your game:hug

Marisa, I forgot to tell you how cute the tree skirt is! I saw it when you first posted the pic.

Joanne, enjoy the art opening tonight....and your mani tomorrow. You definitely deserve it!

And I was researching the cost of some of those grain free dog foods...to feed my beasts - well, we don't get high end food for US because it coswts so much!!:eek We've had 8 dogs over the past 40 years and just want to continue to keep it simple.

Have agood night everyone:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I'm with you, I would deal with the allergies as they come. Are labs could clear the room to.

Joanne, I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Enjoy the art opening and a manicure tomorrow.

Linda, How nice of you to sit for your friends father. Glad you could entertain him with your spinning. Your quilt top looks great. The quilt for the little girl will be perfect. If your not up to yourself I wouldn't pack John's kitchen up. I would hope if he's asking you to work he should be planning on paying you.

Cindy, The bean bag and books are a great idea for your grandson. I'm planning on the Christmas Tree Skirt being done for this Christmas.

Mary, I hope things work out for your parents.

Marisa, It's to bad the presentation is so costly. Have a fun time tomorrow on the home tour.

Sherry, Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Not much new here. Hubby bought Daisy a bunch of little stuffed toys to chew on/play with. Now she thinks all the stuffed toys are for her. We have bears, sock monkeys on the back of the couch and she keeps pulling them down. Plus I have a wooden rocker that was DD's when she was little so we have that out and it has stuffed animals in it. I told her when she goes to Texas she'll only have hers so it won't be so confusing.

I have to go watch my show. Have a great weekend everyone!

Good Morning! It's cloudy and cool and they are predicting SNOW for tomorrow night and Monday a.m.! We've been in the 70s and 80s for days, but Texas weather is always crazy. :lol

I hope everyone has a good weekend. :manyheart I'm headed outside to rake more leaves and clean up some perennials. :)

Hello from drippy, drizzly Georgia. A misty rain is coming down and it's cool.

Poor Daisy, trying to figure out what's out for display and what is for playing with. We do confuse our pets at times, don't we. :lol

Oh, boy, Mary! Snow! :lol Stay safe. :hug

Hi, ladies!!

Linda, how did your hair come out - did you color it after all?

Cindy, I read about the beanbag chair, books and ghan you're making - wow! Awesome gifts!

Marlene, it sounds like you'll have to puppy proof your house for a couple of years.:lol Miss Lucy finally leaves stuff alone now - and she'll be 2 in March.

Have a good day my friends!

Hi, ladies!!

Linda, how did your hair come out - did you color it after all?

Cindy, I read about the beanbag chair, books and ghan you're making - wow! Awesome gifts!

Marlene, it sounds like you'll have to puppy proof your house for a couple of years.:lol Miss Lucy finally leaves stuff alone now - and she'll be 2 in March.

Have a good day my friends!

Yesterday I did major cleaning in the kitchen, baked and frosted a fudge tunnel Bundt cake, colored my hair, and went to the dinner get-together. The package said light auburn, which isn't supposed to make that much of a difference on dark brown hair so I expected the grey to have picked it up, but not the rest. Surprise! It's really red more than auburn! :lol But I like it and it definitely goes with my skin tones. :)

Hello everyone. Internet working well again today. I read the past few days but it was too bothersome to type a post and then lose it because of internet issues so I didn't bother. Work today, very slow so the day really crawled by. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little livelier.

We got a couple of inches of snow overnight and it was still snowing really ahrd when I left for work. The drive in was bad, but this afternoon the roads were clear, even though the snow is still with us. We are supposed to get more snow tonight.

My plan for this evening is to sit and work on the afghan for dgs and maybe watch a movie with dh. Last night we went into Rockford, (the small town nearby) and walked around admiring the Christmas decorations. Every Christmas season the chamber of commerce sponsors horse and buggy rides through downtown, which is beautifully decorated. The rides are free so the lines are long, so we just walked around admiring everything. I specifically wanted to go there to walk for exercise anyhow. They have outdoor speakers through out the downtown area, and they were playing Christmas music through them, so it was very festive. Lots of people down there, including lots of families with young children.

Mary, your weather must have really done an abrupt about face if snow is in your forecast. Luke will probably find it exciting though.

Linda, I bet you are a knock-out as a red head. And I'm so glad that you are finding all these social things to do, and that you feel well enough to do them. I don't remember you being near as active in your church when you were caring for Kim.

Joanne, how did dd and Bfs art opening reception go? Is their art being shown? I assume it's one or the other of them, (or both), because I wouldn't think she'd be so excited otherwise. Hope you got a little hook time in this weekend. Will work slow down after the holidays? Hope your pampering helped you relax. You need it after the hectic life you have been leading lately.

Judy, and Marlene, Sophie has never been in the least interested in Christmas decorations. I'm not sure she even notices the tree. I guess that it doesn't bother her as long as it doesn't block her view of the squirrels and the UPS truck. Sophie and the UPS driver on this route are good friends. If Sophie is locked in the back yard when the truck arrives, the driver will get out and go back to the fence to give her a treat. usually Sophie is out and gets right in the truck with her.

Yesterday I did major cleaning in the kitchen, baked and frosted a fudge tunnel Bundt cake, colored my hair, and went to the dinner get-together. The package said light auburn, which isn't supposed to make that much of a difference on dark brown hair so I expected the grey to have picked it up, but not the rest. Surprise! It's really red more than auburn! :lol But I like it and it definitely goes with my skin tones. :)

I have red hair again, too:lol It does help when you have very fair skin;)

Cindy, I can see that Sophie isn't a watch dog!:lol

'nite all.....

Cindy, I can see that Sophie isn't a watch dog!:lol

'nite all.....

No, not at all. In fact she rarely even barks. We have invisible fence so she wears the collar that goes with that. Several people have asked if its a bark collar since she is so quiet.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Luke will love the snow. One of are neighbors posted that it has been raining there. Most rain they've ever seen down there. That streets are flooded and lots are flooded. It helps the drought areas out for sure. I just hope it isn't going to be a rainy winter. We've never had the same winter two years in a row so I'm at a lost on what to take. I do take a good assortment though.

Judy, Puppy proofing is going to be a must. She keeps going under the tree. She probably wants to claim the tree skirt.

Linda, Glad your getting out and be active.

Cindy, The snow was pretty this morning. Your walk around Rockford sounds like a nice time. Be careful in the morning.

We went up to are friends house this afternoon. We tacked some carpet down for them and fixed a chair. Gordy isn't doing good again. We wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the hospital this week. Mary has surgery on wednesday. They'll be cleaning the arteries in her neck.

Have a nice evening and a great sunday!

Hi, all. Just got back from watching the 97 year old while her daughter and her husband went to her Christmas party. They were totally frazzled when I got there. Apparently he had had a very bad day today up to that point. Funny thing is that he settled right down for me and was very calm and good. I took some of my two strand crocheting with me and had him unwinding yarn while I crocheted which kept him occupied for over an hour. He did eventually get ahead of me and we ended up with a mess royal. :lol After eating our supper we sat and worked at getting all the knots out and he was a big help. Kept him occupied for over an hour again. It was a good evening and Carol and her husband had a good time at the party. First time they've been able to do that in like four years. Made me feel good to be able to help them out and it gave me some spending money too.

Cindy, your walk around the downtown sounds really nice. And you are right I wasn't able to be nearly as active with church things while I was with John and Kim. His hours were such that I could never count on when I'd be free to do something on my own. :( It's nice having that freedom now. :) They are planning to leave for Texas on the 12th. Probably won't get very far as they won't leave until the truck is packed that day, but they will be started. I hope all goes smoothly for them, but I'm glad I'm not going. :)

I had a good day yesterday, except I didn't get the cleaning done that I wanted to. Oh, well, the dust bunnies will still be here. I went to the Outlets and scored some very good deals, so I'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping- just a few little odds/ends to get. Treated myself to a manicure and then went to DD's house. We went out with Ryan and when I came home, I did another round on the RR. Today is laundry, and then one of my co-workers has an annual Christmas party which is this afternoon.

The art show was great. It featured works by both my DD and her BF. They are both quite talented if I do say so myself!

Linda- It sounds like you are the 'angel' that the 97 year olds family needs! I take it you opted not to help John with the kitchen packing. I wish them a safe trip to TX and I'm glad you are not going too!!!

Cindy- I love walking around downtown areas that are all prettied up for the holidays!! It's been rainy/drizzly/cloudy/kind of ugly since Friday here, but at night when all the lights are on peoples homes, it looks so pretty!

Judy Glad to hear that both Sparkie and Lucy are doing well--

Marlene, Val, Marisa, Mary, and the rest of the house- hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Archived