Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Happy Sunday, everyone. :wreath

Linda ~ I'm so glad it's working out for you to stay with your friend's dad. :manyheart They must be so happy to get out once in a while! I love reading about your projects and church activities...you sound great! :)

Joanne ~ Yep, cleaning can wait. (Gee, I've been telling myself that more and more lately. :lol) Your weekend sounds really nice so far.

Cindy ~ I hope your work day goes by quickly. Walking around town must have been wonderful with the music and decorations. Sophie sounds like a sweetie. :)

Marlene ~ We sure need some of that rain they're getting at the coast! Our lakes are down 8-9 feet since August. :( Sending prayers for your friends, Gordy and Mary. :hug How is Miss Maya doing? Will they be with you for Christmas?

Judy ~ Our little Zach has red hair right now, too. :lol DD's was red as a baby and ended up a dark blond. I hope Lucy and Sparkie are back to normal now. :)

DD and the boys are coming over for the morning. SIL has a bad cold and threw his back out, so DD wants to give him some quiet time. I think Luke and I will make Chex mix...if I can drag him away from his trucks and tractors for a while. :D

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! It continues to be misty and drizzly here, but it's warm. I'll take warm over cold any day. And rain over snow, too.

I don't know what got into Sweet Pea the night before last, but she decided to chew up and off the top couple of inches of my spindle. I was NOT happy with her, but it was too late to punish her. Hopefully I can get a replacement somewhere. Will have to check into that.

Carol is truly thrilled that I can handle her dad. Physically, he's in pretty good shape, but mentally he's in the past and then some.

Your chex mix making sounds like fun, Mary. Enjoy your time with the grandkids and DD.

I reluctantly said that I would help John with packing the kitchen. It's not just me, there are two other gals helping too. And that's the day they are packing the truck so there shouldn't be too many things left to pack. I hope! I'm getting some more deer meat for helping which will help with the food bill.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll check in later. :hug:manyheart:hug

_____/)___/)______./¯"""/')

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯\)¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)

¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´…..Good Afternoon House…..

¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Hope all is well with everyone!

My goodness I have been so sparatic lately. Here for a bit... then MIA... back for a bit... gone again.

This year has been a doozy!

I've been really busy lately..... wrestling season has started for Patrick..... I've been called in to sub at the Elementary school which takes up my whole day. Tending to Michael... keeping him drinking to keep his kidneys going... and somewhere in there I squeeze in crochet time around laundry.. dinner and dishes. :whew

I'm working on a pair of fingerless mitts right now. Just finished my 7th pair of slippers (I tucked those away for a quick gift when needed)...I have 3 packages I need to mail out tomorrow or Tuesday for charity needs!!!

Couple weekends ago with the help from my guys... I got my sitting room ... off my bedroom cleaned up.... so now I'm enjoying some refound space! It had become a bit of a storage area when my daughter lived with me for a period of time.

Its so wonderful to sit in here with my laptop and yarn and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors through my bay window.

Well.. need to get a fresh cup of coffee... and get back to these fingerless mitts..... cuz I have an order for 3 Husker Beanies I need to get done to deliver on Wednesday... and I dont want to be last minute with those.

Have a GREAT Day all.:hug

bbiab

:heart

:mug

Just got back from a quick trip to GoodWill. I found a winter coat! :clap Yay! :clap Now I stand a chance of staying warm while visiting my DD in Iowa this Christmas. I also got a nice heavy sweater in a golden brown. I got a heavy glass container to hold pens, pencils, and markers by my computer, too. And mustn't forget some books to read. :devil

Hi, ladies!

Cindy, I agree with Mary - Sophie sounds like a sweetheart.

Linda, I'm so glad the 97 YO is content for you! And so sorry to read about your spindle top! I think Sweet Pea may be bored....;)

I'm thrilled that you're not going with Kim and John, too! Be careful and don't overdo when you're helping in their kitchen...:hug

Judy ~ Our little Zach has red hair right now, too. :lol DD's was red as a

baby and ended up a dark blond. I hope Lucy and Sparkie are back to normal now. :)uh-oh...a redhead!:eek:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sparkie has only a little bit of the *ahem* issue occasionally now, and nowhere near as bad as on the first day!:lol

DD and the boys are coming over for the morning. SIL has a bad cold and threw his back out, so DD wants to give him some quiet time. I think Luke and I will make Chex mix...if I can drag him away from his trucks and tractors for a while. :D

Oh, Luke sounds so cute...I miss that age. Enjoy their visit.

Just got back from a quick trip to GoodWill. I found a winter coat! :clap Yay! :clap Now I stand a chance of staying warm while visiting my DD in Iowa this Christmas. I also got a nice heavy sweater in a golden brown. I got a heavy glass container to hold pens, pencils, and markers by my computer, too. And mustn't forget some books to read. :devil

What a great score!:clap

HAve a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Linda, I to am happy the 97 yr old is happy with you. It brings back memories of my Grandpa. Sweet Pea isn't happy being alone. We leave the tv on for Daisy when we leave. Years ago we had two kittens and we use to leave the radio on for them. It kept them out of my plants since they were near each other.

Some good bargains at goodwill. Don't over due at John's. Glad you will have help. Glad your not going to.

Mary, Maya will be here for Christmas. Payton and Jocelyn to. Maya is going to be so happy. She told me earlier this year that she hoped Payton and Jocelyn would be here to because she wanted Christmas to be like it use to be. DS and the ex would go away for Christmas vacation. It's been 5 years since they've been here with us. We will go to SD on Christmas Eve.

Hope you had a little helper today making your Chex Mix. Nice that you live close to DD that she can come over for a visit to give SIL some quiet time.

Judy, Glad Sparkie is doing better.

Joanne, Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Tam, A sitting room to be your own space sounds great.

Hope everyone not here had a great day. I watched a couple of Christmas movies today and recorded one. It's been a snowy day here, so it's been the perfect day to watch movies. Have a good night everyone. Have a great monday!

Good morning!

And so it begins- another work week- and lots to do! Had a great weekend though so all is good!

Marlene- I'm so happy that you will have your grandchildren with you for Christmas! That's wonderful!

Linda- Sorry to hear that Sweet Pea was trying out your spindle! WTG on the score from Goodwill! When do you leave for Iowa? Enjoy your time with your family!

Judy- Did you see the Giants game? Glad they won, but they have some work to do and it seems that the Redskins and Boys are breathing down their backs!!

Cindy- Hope your Sunday at work went well. Are you off now for a couple of days?

Tam- Glad to hear Michael has been improving- and nice that you have some sub work! I'm sure it cuts into your crafting time- ask me how I know? LOL

Just looked at the clock- so I've got to run- Hugs to you ALL!

Hi All! Have been sick most of the weekend :( Got what DD had. Will see how I feel today and may have to go to the dr tomorrow. Did get some crocheting in--making dishcloths for day care teacher gifts--one requests that's what I give her for Christmas.

Haven't had time to read everything and probably won't be able to until tomorrow. I have a meeting tonight and it will probably be a long one.

Have a great day all!!

'morning peeps!

Sherry, good to see you and glad you're well enough to be up and about.:hug

_____/)___/)______./¯"""/')

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯\)¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)

¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´…..Good Afternoon House…..

¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Couple weekends ago with the help from my guys... I got my sitting room ... off my bedroom cleaned up.... so now I'm enjoying some refound space! It had become a bit of a storage area when my daughter lived with me for a period of time.

Its so wonderful to sit in here with my laptop and yarn and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors through my bay window.

Oh, that mental image is wonderful!!!!!:c9A room of one's own...

Judy- Did you see the Giants game? Glad they won, but they have some work to do and it seems that the Redskins and Boys are breathing down their backs!!

I did see all of it...but at the beginning I had my doubts the men in blue would do it!:P

I hope your day isn't too rough....:hug

Have a good day my friends...my usual busy Monday, but DH is home to help with grocery shopping etc......

Good morning. My work weekend was slow. Our unit was full, but none of the patients were unstable so it was a very routine weekend. Now I have 4 days off, just working Friday this week.

I am nearly finished with Christmas shopping, just a couple of odds and ends to pick up still. It's just a matter of going out and getting them.

I did my WW weigh-in this morning and lost another 4 pounds. That makes a total of 9 pounds in 3 weeks. I know the weight loss will slow down, but it sure would be nice if it continued at this rate!

Today is laundry, cleaning and working on dgs's afghan.

Hi, all! I woke to gray skies and steady rain with occasional thunder. Sweet Pea went out in it just enough to do her business and came right back in. I think I'll stay inside if possible today. I don't like driving in the rain since the accident where I hydroplaned.

I went over to Rosie's last night planning to work on some quilt sandwiches, but I forgot the pins so crocheted instead while we watched TV and chatted.

Glad your patients were stable, Cindy, even though it did make for slow days. Congratulations on the continued weight loss. :cheer

Sorry that you are sick, Sherri. :hug Hope you get to feeling better soon. There sure seems to be a lot of that going around.

Tammy, congratulations on having your sitting room back for you. :clap

I'll be heading up to Iowa on the 18th.

Marlene, it will be so nice having the grandkids for Christmas. :clap

Hope you all have a good day. Will talk more later. :manyheart

Well I know I haven't been around much lately. But I have been checking in on things every now and then. My internet hasn't been too stable lately but I think I got that fixed.

I did some serious crocheting yesterday. Got one row finished and attached on one of the three afghans I'm working on and Two rows finished and attached on another. I'm hoping for more great progress on those this week.

Can't stay long because I have to get ready for work. Nasty thing it is. But hey, as long as it pays the bills.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I read through the posts, but did not take notes since I'm a bit short on time right now. The weekend was mostly busy, but I did get some downtime. Sat morning I had 2 patients, and then went to the Children's Museum to teach kids how to knit/crochet. I couldn't stay long though because we did the christmas Victorian House Tour that afternoon. After that I had the evening to myself and work on Steph's texting gloves, which haven't been picked up in at least a week :eek

Sunday we all slept late and then was running around to get ready for the tailgate and game. I ran to the bread store and coffee shop, Steph got dinner together in the crock pot for after the game and Bean did the miscellaneous things. We were out the door heading down to the tailgate about 10:30 (we woke up just after 9:30)! I got to go to the game because our group had a couple extra tickets and couldn't sell them :clap Unfortunately, we lost :(

I was lazy the rest of the night then. I napped and then I watched xmas movies on Hallmark until I went back to sleep :lol

Today I had a patient at 10 and planned to meet my attorney for lunch, nothing's wrong, just to catch up since I haven't seen or talked to him all year....I didn't need any advising :shrug:lol

Ingrid text me to see if I can pick the kids up for school so she can go for a job interview, they get out about 3. So I'll leave in a few and stop at the post office on the way since I didn't get there on Friday :sigh I have a patient scheduled at 4 and 2 more coming, but I'm not sure on a time. I have to be somewhere for 7 for a showing of a new movie called 'Doctored' coming out.

:whew

See y'all tomorrow I guess :hug

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I read through the posts, but did not take notes since I'm a bit short on time right now. The weekend was mostly busy, but I did get some downtime. Sat morning I had 2 patients, and then went to the Children's Museum to teach kids how to knit/crochet. I couldn't stay long though because we did the christmas Victorian House Tour that afternoon. After that I had the evening to myself and work on Steph's texting gloves, which haven't been picked up in at least a week :eek

Sunday we all slept late and then was running around to get ready for the tailgate and game. I ran to the bread store and coffee shop, Steph got dinner together in the crock pot for after the game and Bean did the miscellaneous things. We were out the door heading down to the tailgate about 10:30 (we woke up just after 9:30)! I got to go to the game because our group had a couple extra tickets and couldn't sell them :clap Unfortunately, we lost :(

I was lazy the rest of the night then. I napped and then I watched xmas movies on Hallmark until I went back to sleep :lol

Today I had a patient at 10 and planned to meet my attorney for lunch, nothing's wrong, just to catch up since I haven't seen or talked to him all year....I didn't need any advising :shrug:lol

Ingrid text me to see if I can pick the kids up for school so she can go for a job interview, they get out about 3. So I'll leave in a few and stop at the post office on the way since I didn't get there on Friday :sigh I have a patient scheduled at 4 and 2 more coming, but I'm not sure on a time. I have to be somewhere for 7 for a showing of a new movie called 'Doctored' coming out.

:whew

See y'all tomorrow I guess :hug

Sounds like a busy fun weekend and another busy day today. Stay safe.

Marisa, WOW, what a busy weekend!!

Good morning. My work weekend was slow. Our unit was full, but none of the patients were unstable so it was a very routine weekend. Now I have 4 days off, just working Friday this week.

Yay for 4 days off!!:clap

I am nearly finished with Christmas shopping, just a couple of odds and ends to pick up still. It's just a matter of going out and getting them.

I did my WW weigh-in this morning and lost another 4 pounds. That makes a total of 9 pounds in 3 weeks. I know the weight loss will slow down, but it sure would be nice if it continued at this rate!

Today is laundry, cleaning and working on dgs's afghan.

Awesome weight loss....and being attentive to Program!:clap:cheer

Well I know I haven't been around much lately. But I have been checking in on things every now and then. My internet hasn't been too stable lately but I think I got that fixed.

I did some serious crocheting yesterday. Got one row finished and attached on one of the three afghans I'm working on and Two rows finished and attached on another. I'm hoping for more great progress on those this week.

Can't stay long because I have to get ready for work. Nasty thing it is. But hey, as long as it pays the bills.

Hi, again!!! We love pics of FOs if you can do it;)

No hook time today, but certainly got a lot done: grocery shopping, cleaned upstairs, changed and washed the sheets, made baked custard for desert and Greek soup for dinner....

Tomorrow I'll be hooking. I need to get going on piano ghan again.

Have a great night everyone!

Marisa, I also thought your weekend sounded very busy.

Shannon good to hear from you again. It's a busy time of year, so I'm glad you are finding a little time to crochet.

I did laundry and deep cleaned ds's room today. Since he doesn't live here anymore, just visits once in a while, that room is pretty much ignored. It really needed a good going over. Just have to put the sheets back on the bed and it will be finished. I will likely leave that for tomorrow.

Good night everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Enjoy your 4 days off. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Sherry, Hope your feeling better real soon.

Judy, You sure had a busy day even with DH home.

Marisa, Sounds like you had a fun weekend and a busy day today.

Linda, It's been cold here all day. 35 was are high around noon, but we did have some sunshine. I stayed in all day to.

I washed my Christmas tree skirt. Before I put it back under the tree I'll take a picture of it. I made it and it is beautiful if I do say so myself. It's crocheted and it is pineapples. I made it in the 90's and it's still like new.

We have a busy day tomorrow. I have a dentist appt tomorrow. There taking an old filling out and putting a new one in. They said it's cracked. May be why my teeth have been so sensitive to cold for a very long time. Hubby has to go sign some papers we didn't realize he needed to sign. Then were stopping by to visit my brother. I talked to him today and he said some days he feels good and some he don't. The increase in the water pill is helping he has lost 15 lbs. But he said his stomach is giving him some pain. He's not sure what that is about. He goes to the heart doctor on the 21st.

Were going to Maya's for the weekend.

Going to crochet. Hope everyone has a nice night and a great tuesday!

I decided that with the rain it was a good day to make soup. I used potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken brouillian, corn, broccoli, onions, garlic, ham and herbs. Turned out yummy.

Darlene ~ Good luck to you at the dentist and to hubby at the doctor.

Cindy ~ Way to go on all the cleaning. :clap

I pulled out the lake picture quilt today and finished up the preliminary quilting on the extra batting I'm using in the forground and put some light weight extra batting behind the boat, too. Now I'll have to figure out if I'm going to add more reeds before putting together the sandwich of backing, batting, and top. I don't even know what I was planning to use way back when I started it, or even if I had something in mind at the time. I'm thinking of using something in green maybe.

Linda your soup sounds delicious. I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt.

Marlene your tree skirt sounds gorgeous. Seems like pretty much any pineapple pattern turns out beautiful. I made a pineapple baby blanket for a gift a few years ago and it was oohed and aahed over.

Good morning. It's cold here but the sun is trying to poke through so maybe today will be a little brighter than the past week or so has been. I feel more ambitious when its brighter.

I am hoping to finish my Christmas shopping today. I was planning to go out, but I'm beginning to wonder if online shopping would suffice. May give it a try. I have several gifts that still need wrapping as well. And if I shopped online, I would have more time to accomplish stuff around here. I would like to finish my deep clean in Ds room and begin on the family room.

Good morning. I just ordered a pizza from Papa John's for lunch. Then it will be time go over to Kim and John's house to help with the packing up of their kitchen. Wish me luck. :P

It's markedly colder today and still cloudy. Went to bed late and woke up early so my energy level isn't all that great, but maybe it means I'll be able to sleep better tonight.

Hope you all have a good day. :hug

I saw on the news last night that the high for St. Paul, MN (where I used to live) was 12* yesterday. OUCH!! It reminded me of the January that McDonalds had the Big Mac on sale for the month. It started at something like 50 cents and went up so many cents per each degree above 0*. They lost money on that one, because the temps never got above 0* all month long. :lol

Good luck with all your cleaning, Cindy.

Hi, ya!!

Sitting here with my hook and using red Shimmer yarn to start a Christmassy wrap for myself...then I really will get back to the piano ghan!:lol

I decided that with the rain it was a good day to make soup. I used potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken brouillian, corn, broccoli, onions, garlic, ham and herbs. Turned out yummy.

Darlene ~ Good luck to you at the dentist and to hubby at the doctor.

Cindy ~ Way to go on all the cleaning. :clap

I pulled out the lake picture quilt today and finished up the preliminary quilting on the extra batting I'm using in the forground and put some light weight extra batting behind the boat, too. Now I'll have to figure out if I'm going to add more reeds before putting together the sandwich of backing, batting, and top. I don't even know what I was planning to use way back when I started it, or even if I had something in mind at the time. I'm thinking of using something in green maybe.

The soup sounds terrific! I wish DH was more adventurous with meals...I would love to make other things....

Good morning. I just ordered a pizza from Papa John's for lunch. Then it will be time go over to Kim and John's house to help with the packing up of their kitchen. Wish me luck. :P

I hope you don't need it....but good luck!!

It's markedly colder today and still cloudy. Went to bed late and woke up early so my energy level isn't all that great, but maybe it means I'll be able to sleep better tonight.

That's how it is with me..I rarely have 2 nights in a row where I sleep well.

Hope you all have a good day. :hug

I saw on the news last night that the high for St. Paul, MN (where I used to live) was 12* yesterday. OUCH!! It reminded me of the January that McDonalds had the Big Mac on sale for the month. It started at something like 50 cents and went up so many cents per each degree above 0*. They lost money on that one, because the temps never got above 0* all month long. :lol

Good luck with all your cleaning, Cindy.

Funny story about the Big Mac!:lol

Back to my hook!

Just checking in to let you know we are alive. Still have a ways to go but much much better. ThankS for all your prayers and well wishes. I hope all is well with everyone! Be back when I can!

Good to hear from you, Val! So glad you're on the mend:hug

Hi everyone. Sorry to have been MIA again - more trips to the parents' and other 'fun' things.

Shannon ~ Hi! It's so good to see your post. :)

Valerie ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better. :manyheart We've missed you!

Linda ~ Hope all goes well today and that you don't overdo it. :hug How wonderful that you're going to spend Christmas in Iowa! :clap I'll bet your DD and grandson are so excited. :) Your soup sounds so good - we're having veggie soup tonight.

Cindy ~ You ought to be so proud of yourself! Way to go on the weight loss. :cheer

Tammy ~ Your "new" room sounds lovely - you deserve your own space with a house full of guys. :D

Marlene ~ Great news that your grandkids will all be with you for Christmas. :manyheart Can't wait to see your tree skirt!

Judy ~ Oooh - your wrap sounds very festive! Be sure and take pictures!

Sherry ~ I hope you're feeling better today. :hug

Hi to Marisa, Joanne and anyone I may have missed. :manyheart

Archived