Our House Part Two

JulieKay

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning House •¨¯`•

Just poppin' in real quick before I head out for the day! Its errand day. Gettin' stuff done before we take off on our vacation for Christmas!

Wanted to let you know... I put up a little picture tutorial on my blog for those slippers I've been making if anyone needs a little picture help with the written instructions.

You all have a fabulous Friday.

Catch up more later!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Your soup you made the other day sounded yummy. Glad you had extra help packing at John's the other day. I hope they make it Texas safely. You really pushed the baby quilt.

Val, Glad to see you have internet now. We missed you! Hope you and your sister are feeling better soon. Glad your sister made it to Bama safely. We are not having the traditional Christmas dinner either, since we leave the next day and we will all be here. SD is making dinner on Christmas Eve so we will have one. I will just make breakfast Christmas morning. DS will have to have kids home at noon so they can spend Christmas with there Mom and siblings.

Cindy, You were pretty busy on your days off with all your cleaning, shopping and sewing. I got my sewing machine out the other day and did some mending. Hope you have an easy day at work today so you can go out tonight.

Judy, The shimmer wrap is lovely. I agree the simple things we have to frog. I did the same thing with the RR. I thought the pattern was wrong, but it was me. My count was off.

Tam, The slippers are goregous! Glad that Michael is doing better. I sometimes get headaches. I have issues with my neck. Through physical therapy I learned how to stretch my neck. I don't know if that is causing your headaches or not. I also bought 2 different memory foam pillows. One is a flat one, that didn't help me. The other one has a hump for your neck and I love it. Just a suggestion. I also seen at Walmart yesterday a neck wrap pillow and it has a massager in it for 10.00. I didn't get but I'm going to. It will help my neck out on are trip to Texas. Long periods of driving bothers it to.

Marisa, :clap for the new patients! Your business is growing. You will probably get new patients from Steph's office to. That was nice of her to gift her employees your services. Have a fun weekend!

Sherry, Hope your feeling better real soon. Hope you get everything accomplished you need to.

Mary, Hope all is okay or not to stressful.

The sun is shining again this morning. The lake has been trying to make ice for about a week without much luck. So it doesn't look like hubby will be able to ice fish before we go to Texas. That will be the second year in a row. Were going to get rain this weekend so what is started will melt.

We are heading to Maya's around noon. We will be back sunday. She told me she wants me to teach her how to crochet. :clap I wish she would of told me that last summer when we had lots of time. She is coming next week to either thursday or friday. So we can practice then. Her Dad knows how to crochet and he will be back in MI next year and by summer or before be back living with them :clap so he will be able to help her to.

DD is taking a new job again. Better hours and more money and she will have insurance the first day of work. She starts January 7th. I don't even know the name of the company. But it is the makeup company that is in JCPenny's stores. Sometime she will have to go to Dallas for two weeks of training. That really has me upset/worried. I don't like that she has to leave Maya for that long and I won't be here to take care of her. It will all work out and be okay.

I need to go get in the shower and get ready. Have a great weekend!

Good morning all. I read all the posts but didn't take notes. :blush Sounds like everyone is very busy, which I totally understand. Added almost three rows to one of my prayer shawls last night. This is the one that adds 8 stitches per row every row. It's taking a loooong time to get through a row at this point. :lol I guessing that there are only 3 or 6 rows to go before adding the border. :blush Hope you all have a great day. :manyheart

Hello housemates!

Bad bad bad girl. I decided to lay down for about an hour after I dropped DGN off. I didn't get up until 2pm when my DN called to say she was ready for me to pick her up. I am definitely having a setback. I feel like crap.

I was sadden to learn of the shooting in CT. I am lifting the families and the community up in prayer.

I feel like I want to pass out right now so I'll try and get back later.

Be safe everyone!!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Sloan's christmas play was cute :manyheart I had my patient this morning and as I suspected, the new one that had scheduled for tomorrow morning did cancel :shrug I knew it was coming.....funny how you just get that feeling sometimes. The PYP christmas party was great last night and crowded, many more people than usual and a lot of new faces. I met one lady that runs a wellness facility with all types of spa services, yoga/pilates classes, and such.....we're going to get together and discuss the possibility of me working something out with her facility since the chiro they had on staff left due to his own practice picking up in business. Depending on contract terms, it could be great for the interim. Also, she's interested for doing off site events as well. We'll look into it and see what happens :think

WTG everyone on all your projects.

Val and Sherry - I hope you feel better quickly :hug

Hello Housemates!

Whew! What a week!!! Worked more hours than I thought I was ever capable of! We

went live with Phase 1-

I'm glad it's the weekend- and some recuperation time- however, need to catch up on some projects for Christmas- didn't even crochet the last 4 nights! In fact, I worked (at home) from 7:00AM on Wed came home at 8PM, then back online till 1AM- and back to work at 6AM on Thurs- it was crazy- but I survived and it is what it is.

I'll try and catch up on all the posts over the weekend- or I may just start out from here---

So saddened by the tragedy in Newtown- so senseless......

Good morning house!

Dropped my DN off at work about 30 minutes ago. Will drop DNeph off around 8ish. Going back to bed until time for him to go. Hopefully, I will be able to stay up once I drop him off.

I really want to get those cubes up for my yarn. DGN will help me unpack the yarn if I do that.

Have a great Saturday all!

BBL!

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Good Morning House!!!! •¨¯`•

Hope all is well you everyone!

busy day here of wrestling tournament all morning... then taking the boys to Christmas shop for each other. :) Then home to RELAX!!! Tomorrow is another busy day!

I'll be taking some yarn with me today to the meet to work on a scarf! :hook and maybe another pair of slippers!

you all have a wonderful day!

hug your kids a little tighter today... no matter how old they are! :hug

:heart

:mug

Good morning everyone. It's drizzly and gloomy here today. Dh and I were planning to go out for breakfast, but at the last minute we decided to just eat at home. So here I am, all dressed up and no place to go. Dh has gone out now though, to Lowes and to Harbour Freight, just to look around.

I'm going to wok on dogs afghan and maybe do a bit of sewing this morning. I have a few chores to take care of as well. Hopefully it will be dry enough later today for me to take a walk.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning all. It's cloudy out today, but warmer than yesterday by quite a bit. I finally turned the furnace on yesterday but the thermostat is set at 65* so I don't think it's actually come on. I'm cold at that setting but can tolerate it. I don't want it any colder than that.

:party:cakeHappy Birthday, Judy!! :cake:party

DD called last night she's counting the days 'til I arrive. :lol So am I. :lol 3 more! Not sure what I'll take along for crafting, but maybe the lake quilt. Will have to take some yarn, but not sure of the type or project yet.

The microwave died. RIP! Darn!!! I was hoping to nurse it on for a while, but it had other opinions.

Hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend.

Linda - I'm glad you're getting to visit your daughter again and especially during the holidays! Life seems so good for you! Have a great time and remember to take care of you!

Cindy - Sorry you didn't get to go out. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Happy Birthday

JUDY!!!!:cheer:clap

Linda - I'm glad you're getting to visit your daughter again and especially during the holidays! Life seems so good for you! Have a great time and remember to take care of you!

Cindy - Sorry you didn't get to go out. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Happy Birthday

JUDY!!!!:cheer:clap

I didn't really want to go out. Actually I wouldn't have minded breakfast, I just didn't much want to follow dh around Lowes and Harbour Freight! He spent more than 2 hours in those two stores this morning!

Hi again. I'm determined to read through posts when I take breaks from cleaning and laundry. :)

Tammy ~ Your slippers are wonderful! It's such good news that Michael is doing so well. :cheer

Valerie ~ Yay for having the internet again! You sound like you're close to feeling back to normal...I hope your sister is much better, too. :manyheart Have you started crocheting again?

Linda ~ Oh, I just know you're going to have a wonderful trip! How long will you be gone?

Cindy ~ Did you finish your shopping? I don't blame you for staying home...DH can spend hours at Academy and Home Depot. :lol Of course, he knows better than to go with me to Hobby Lobby or anywhere that carries yarn. ;)

Mary - I'm so excited to have internet. My sister and I are still improving. Sometimes it seems as if we're having setbacks. However, it's not as bad as it was.

Cindy - I don't blame you. I don't like walking around with my sister shopping in Hobby Lobby. I usually know what I want and get it. I don't like lingering.

Okay - next chapter...;)

Judy ~ I hope you're having a fabulous birthday! :) Sorry you had to do some frogging on your wrap.

Joanne ~ Hopefully, you're able to have some "me" time this weekend. How is little Ryan doing? :c9

Marisa ~ WTG on several new patients! :cheer

Marlene ~ Your DD's new job sounds like a good move. :) Have a great time with Maya this weekend!

Sherry ~ I hope you're feeling much better now. This time of year must be extra busy for you at work. I'll bet the grandsons are getting super excited about Santa!

A big "HI" to anyone I've missed, too. :manyheart

It's been a very long week, but all that has happened seems minor compared to the tragedy in Connecticut. I hope to be home more this next week and finish up some Christmas projects. I still need to make two more ruffly scarves and do just a little shopping. Have a good evening, all. :manyheart

I didn't really want to go out. Actually I wouldn't have minded breakfast, I just didn't much want to follow dh around Lowes and Harbour Freight! He spent more than 2 hours in those two stores this morning!

I understand the feeling, but I could probably spend that much in those stores all by myself. :lol

Hi again. I'm determined to read through posts when I take breaks from cleaning and laundry. :)

Tammy ~ Your slippers are wonderful! It's such good news that Michael is doing so well. :cheer

Valerie ~ Yay for having the internet again! You sound like you're close to feeling back to normal...I hope your sister is much better, too. :manyheart Have you started crocheting again?

Linda ~ Oh, I just know you're going to have a wonderful trip! How long will you be gone?

Sixteen days! DD and I and GS are all counting the days. GS asked how long it would be yesterday and when DD said "4 days" his response was that he didn't want to wait that long! :lol He will be spending some of that time with his dad, but I will have a long time before he goes there and a day or two before I leave. And I get to go to his Christmas party at school and he's with us on Christmas day. :clap:clap:clap

Cindy ~ Did you finish your shopping? I don't blame you for staying home...DH can spend hours at Academy and Home Depot. :lol Of course, he knows better than to go with me to Hobby Lobby or anywhere that carries yarn. ;)

Went to Walmart today and picked up the meds I'll need before I go and a travel alarm clock. Still have to pick up a battery for my camera, but I'll do that on Monday. Have to do laundry and pack yet, too.

Sweet Pea is taken care of and I'll be making the little girl who's doing it a quilt for her bed when I get back. Isabel is a sweet young redhead who is full of energy and loves hugs.

Hi, ladies!

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes, too:hug I had a wonderful day and am now finally getting some hook time.

I read through all the posts, just tired and ready to close the puter for the night.

Love you all:manyheart:hug

Tonight I dug out one of my WIPs, made the quilt sandwich, and the quilting on a table runner for Rosie and John. The binding is the only part of it still to finish. It was started two years ago. :P

NIght all. :manyheart

Archived