Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone! I'm having a very good time. My GS reads for me to earn game time on the Wii. :lol And I read to mim before bed each night. We've had Christmas cartoons and movies on this morning. I finished the hat yesterday and it's nice and warm. I've also started a shawl in sparkly purple fancy yarn. It's lovely and warm and sooo nice. This one may well be for me. :lol:lol

We had a blast last night at the party - the lady had her house so beautifully directed and is obviously use to entertaining judging by the way her tables were set up, etc. It was great - and again made me so grateful to be living in this neighborhood.

The lady's DH made these favors for everyone....so we all got to bring home a sled:D

What a great party favor! Sounds like everyone had a nice time.

I'm off for 4 days!!!!! yea!!! I'm so glad I have this time off but I know I'll be busy getting everything else done. Haven't shopped for our kids (grandsons have everything they need) so tomorrow morning I'll be finishing that shopping, shopping for groceries, and then coming home to wrap all the presents and start baking cookies. We are doing lasgna this year for Christmas dinner--never have done this for Christmas dinner.

Sounds like you are going to be super busy today. Have a happy time baking.

They are predicting we will have a Christmas Day blizzard--so hoping they are off on this. In 2009 (I think that's the year) we had 14" of snow on Christmas Eve/Day. took us forever to get out--we're not used to having that much snow here. I could do without a white Christmas! For those of you in the blizzard that's happening now, stay safe and warm!

They are calling for more snow here on Monday. I'm definitely having a white Christmas this year. :lol

Well, I'd better go and get busy on that jacket for DD. Got all the dishcloths done, wrapped and given away.

Everyone have a great evening!! Hugs to all.

Good luck with the jackey. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hello all!

I'm officially on vacation until next year!!! Woot!!!!

Hooray!!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

Linda--I'm glad that you are having a good time- and wow that IS a lot of snow!! Guess you will be having a 'white Christmas" this year! Enjoy the time with DD and GS- as it seems you are!!!

Oh, I am! :manyheart

It's nice to have time off and I'm especially grateful to have 2 days off before Christmas Eve/Christmas!

Enjoy the day everyone!!!

Enjoy your time off! You and your team really deserve it after all the long hours you've been putting in lately.

I'm having a very productive day! I started wrapping presents before my 8AM hair appt, then DD called while I was there and I met her at the nail salon to get manicures together. When she called, she was at the grocery store and asked me if I needed anything- so she picked up all the ingredients for the lasagne and now I don't have to go to the grocery store.:)

When I got home, I finished all the wrapping- still have one more gift to get , but it's oh, so cold out so I'll worry about that tomorrow!

I forgot to mention that yesterday was my middle DD's last day of student teaching and she has now earned her Masters in Art Education! :clap I spoke with her today- and she said it really hasn't sunk in yet that she is actually done!!! I'm so proud of her! Now prayers being said that she can find a teaching job- even if it's only subbing for now!!!

I did another round on the RR and sewed n all the ends--I think I'll do another round or two now and call it done.:hook

Joanne, congrats to DD!!!!!!!!! I'm sure she'll find a job....

Linda, I think it's about time you crocheted a shawl for yourself! Smart thinking on how to get GS to read!! I used to read to DS a lot...till he was 10 maybe!

I'll be making the last round and a half on the piano ghan border...and DH came up with a thought for personalizing the ghan. He asked me how she signed her name in the beautiful card she sent me for my birthday - and she printed it all, including her knickname (Aly)....so it's going to be easy!! I picked up the fuschia yarn today for the letters, so I'm all set to wrap this one up! The size is perfect for her to throw over her legs if she's stretched out on her bed, reading,etc.

Have a good night everyone!

Good Morning all!!!

Joanne - sounds like you had a great day! I need to get in there and get all my gifts wrapped today, wanna come help??? Congrats to DD!!!

Cindy - safe travels!

Judy - looking forward to seeing the finished piano ghan!!

Got a lot done yesterday, I still have one more gift card to buy for DD, found out you can print Amazon gift cards on your home computer--so that will take care of the other 2 gift cards I need. Got most of the groceries I needed yesterday, will try to get the rest today (tomorrow I hope to NOT be at the grocery store or Walmart). Then DH and I went and looked at vans again. We decided on a 2011 Grand Caravan--beautiful color of blue--with a lot of bells and whistles!! I love it! The old van wasn't the same after I got rearended, a lot of electrical problems. So now I have a new pretty to drive!!!

I made a potato chip scarf for DD's friend that may be here for Christmas. (will take a pic of this one--forgot on the ones I made for the GS teachers) I found a pattern for a headband/ear warmer and I'm going to try to make that for all the kids. Hopefully it will work up fast. I'm doing the edging on the jacket for DD, so I may get it done after all!!

Well, I'd better get busy!! Lots to do today! Stay warm, for those of you traveling--be careful. Have a wonderful day!

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm at my parents house and got here safely on Thursday night :clap Friday we didn't do much of anything, a couple errands and crocheting. Last night I finished up a second set of gloves for my mom for christmas, which I started Thursday night when I got home :clap Yesterday we went to NYC and puttzed around for a while then left around 2. We went to eat when we got back to town and then just lounged for the eveing. Maryann came up to visit Friday night and came to NYC with us, she just left this morning. Now my mom is coloring our hair since we didn't get to it last week. We're going out during the afternoon for the Steelers game with my aunt and then her family is coming over to our house for the evening. It's her grandson's birthday today.

That's about it for now, but I'll try to get back later on or tomorrow!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve :wink

Good morning (3 minutes to go till afternoon- LOL)

Dh and I went out this morning and picked up the last few gifts! Then to the pet store to get Belle her gift- a new nylabone! So I"m done! Now to wrap up these last 3 gifts!

Marisa- Glad you arrived safely and sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I saw the pic of you guys on FB- and Mary looks great- glad she was able to join you!

Sherry- Congrats on the new van!!! I made a potato chip scarf the other night for a co-worker in cherry apple red. She loved it. What headband earwarmer pattern are you using? I was thinking of whipping up a couple of them if I have time.

Judy- Great idea that your DH had for your goddaughter's afghan. The fuscia will definitely look great and since it's brightly colored- will have your personality in there too!!! Planning to watch the Giants with DD and Ryan later on today.

Sherry's mention of her new van reminded me that I forgot to tell you all that I got a new car!!!! It's actually a small SUV- the 2013 Honda CR-V! I love it! It's silver and has everything I wanted- moon roof, heated seats, heated mirrors, rearview camera (which is awesome). I picked it up Friday night! Back to car payments- but it's worth it since it's much better on gas mileage than my car was and I've been wanted an AWD vehicle for quite a while now!

Off to wrap up the last of the presents and move the laundry into the dryer.

'Afternoon all! :santa

Valerie ~ Your "barbeque" Christmas sounds like so much fun! I hope you, your sister and niece are all better now.:manyheart

Marisa ~ That is so nice that Mary came to visit with you all! Enjoy the rest of your visit. I've always wanted to see New York City at Christmas time!:ctree

Linda ~ Your trip sounds so special! Being cozy and warm with Joy and Aiden, crocheting...can't get any better than that! :)

Judy ~ The lettering color is perfect! :hook I know she will love and cherish her afghan. The party sounds like it was so much fun! What are you cooking...will everything be Greek?

Joanne ~ Congratulations to your DD! She must be so proud and excited. :clap And Yay for a new SUV! My last car was a CRV and the new ones are so cute!

Sherry ~ It sounds like you're going to get it all done after all. :wink:) Oh, a new car for you, too! I know you'll enjoy it! I'll bet the grandsons are super excited about now. :lol Are they still predicting snow?

Cindy ~ I hope your trip was a good one. Will you have your family for Christmas?

Marlene ~ Thinking about you with your family. :manyheart Are you all packed for the drive to the coast?

Hugs and Hi to anyone I've missed. :manyheart

We'll be going to "The Home" to see Mom tomorrow afternoon. I'm taking cookies for her "wing" and we'll have a small family gift exchange. My sister will follow us home and have Christmas Eve White Chili with us and spend the night. Christmas morning we'll have brunch at DD's and play with the boys. :c9

I'll wish everyone a :wreathVery Merry Christmas:wreath now - just in case I don't get back on before Tuesday. :manyheart

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb124/kruschiki/008-1_zpsd4304375.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb124/kruschiki/007-3_zps521f7536.jpg

The piano lapghan! The fuscia is the same color as Aly's carpet and RR I made for her years ago...and this is how she prints her name. The heart was my own addition.

Hello Housemates!

I can't remember if I checked in yesterday or not. My sister, dgn and I are doing sooo much better.

My two sister, Bonnie & Alene are here from Alabama. All four of us are here. We're only missing Bonnie's son. They have to leave Christmas afternoon because Bonnie's husband has to work on Wednesday morning. We had a great dinner today. Bonnie brought chicken dressing, mac/cheese, potato salad, collard greens, corn, speckled butter beans and ham. We are stuffed.

Joanne - congrats on getting a new vehicle. Congrats to your DD on completing her master's degree. I am sure she will find a job.

Sherry - congrats on your new van. I hope you don't have to go back out. Relax and enjoy your last few days. You need to rest before you go back to work.

Mary - It's good that you'll have some time with your sister. I know you're going to enjoy Christmas with the grandboys.

Cindy - safe travels.

Linda - I'm sooo glad you are finally enjoying yourself. You made the right choice in not going to Texas. You've had 2 visits in 1 year with your love ones. God is good. I'm glad you're finally making something for yourself.

Marisa - I'm glad you're enjoying your family. I'm glad Mary got a chance to spend some time with you and your family. Enjoy the rest of your time with your family.

Judy - The piano ghan is BEAUTIFUL. You did a great job on the initials. DH idea was great.

Have a great evening all.

Judy - Beautiful piano ghan!!! I'm sure she will love it!

Joanne - congrats on your new car!! I have the backup camera--will take some getting used to but I really like that I can see what's behind me! I love making the potato chip scarf--it's so easy and makes up so quick. will look up the pattern on the ear warmer and let you know what it is.

Mary - yes we're still supposed to get a LOT of blowing snow on Christmas Day. "They" say it will be gone by Wednesday but we'll see! Enjoy your time with your grandbabies.

Well, I'd better go and get busy crocheting! Got almost all of the packages wrapped, still have a couple to do that that can wait until tomorrow. Will be baking cookies but the grandsons won't be here to help :( We have always made cookies together but DD is off tomorrow so they will be making them at their house, unless she decides she's too sick to do it--she got the crud that the rest of us has had.

Have a great evening all!

Joanne - it's called "Basic Ear Warmer" by Bella Feagins and the pattern can be found at allfreecrochet.com. It's for men but I think it would look ok for a women depending on the yarn used.

The piano ghan is gorgeous, Judy! Ali is going to absolutely cherish it I'm sure!!!!

Val- Enjoy your time with your sisters!

Mary- Have a very Merry Christmas yourself and enjoy the boys!!! It's what makes Christmas so much fun- spending it with the little ones- and family!!! We are going to Christmas Eve at my Dd's MIL and then Christmas we are going to go to DD's. Originally, I was going to make lasagne and have them and my middle DD and BF over- DD said she and SIL decided if it was ok with me to have dinner at their house since Ryan can then stay home and play with the toys Santa brings him. I'm still making the lasagne though to bring over there!!!

Finished the RR today and also did one of the twins hats. The Giants game was abysmal- but I had fun watching it with Ryan!

Have a good rest of the evening!

Joanne - it's called "Basic Ear Warmer" by Bella Feagins and the pattern can be found at allfreecrochet.com. It's for men but I think it would look ok for a women depending on the yarn used.

Thanks Sherry- I'll go check it out now!

:wreath:sheepxmas:ctree

Merry Christmas Eve!

Finished the hat for the othe rtwin, so I'm officially done with what I have to make for gifts.

Later on this afternoon, we are headed over to DD's MIL's. Looking forward to a very relaxing day.

Hugs to you all!!!

Thanks for the compliments, peeps!!!

I hope those of you under the weather get better so you can enjoy the festivities and I wish all of my friends here safe travels!

BB whan I can.

Good Morning, everyone. :)

Judy ~ The afghan is stunning! :clap Beautiful work, as always. :hook

Joanne ~ WTG on finishing the hat. Enjoy your day!

Sherry ~ Yep, our weather is saying you may get lots of the white stuff and we may get a couple of inches. :flake I hope there isn't any ice involved, or we're all stuck at home. :eek I hope your DD feels better very soon.

Valerie ~ It sounds like a great time with family! I'm so glad you all are much better. :manyheart

Hi to all my friends at Our House! :wreath

Good morning Housemates!

Joanne - I'm glad you're going to relax. You deserve it with all the hours you've been putting in.

Judy - Enjoy! Is your DS coming over?

Sherry - I hope you got everything wrapped.

Mary - Thanks! I hope you enjoy your family as well.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

BB later!!

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Enjoy your vacation! Congrats on a new car! Congrats to DD on her Masters Degree! Enjoy your time with DD's when you go to Boston and come back.

Sherry, Congrats on your new van! Sure hope DGS is feeling better real soon.

Mary, Zachary is adorable!

Judy, The piano ghan is awesome! You did a great job on it. The lettering is perfect.

Val, Glad your family is all together for Christmas! Have a great time with them.

Linda, Glad you arrived safely to DD's. Great ideal having DGS reading to earn time on the wii. Enjoy your white Christmas and your time with your family.

Hope you keep this shawl for you, it sounds like you. Bright, cheery and pretty!

Marisa, Glad you arrived safely to your parents. Sounds like a fun time with all your family and Mary Ann.

Cindy, Hope you had safe travels to Canada.

It's been a crazy few days here and there, but now to finish packing, laundry and Christmas with the kids. Then to keep an eye on the new snow storm coming and deciding when to leave. If it wasn't for Christmas we would leave tonight.

I had to go to the doctor. My hand started going numb and burning. I need a prescription for pt while in Texas. The doctor told me that the nerve in the funny bone controls the pinky, ring finger, and the middle finger. I didn't know that so I will have them help me on that to so I can get my little finger to be next to the ring finger.

We had Christmas and dinner with SD. She made a roast and it was really good. I had suffered for two hours after we left from her cats. I didn't and don't touch them. I will only sit at the kitchen table hoping that I'm not bothered. We were there for two and half hours and I told hubby that was to long. She has 5 cats and 2 small dogs in the house and hubby said that is way to many but that is what she always has had. This is my second year of this. I think the solution is going to be that have to come here. I don't know if I will remember to take some allergy medicine before going there. I didn't this year.

We had are Christmas Dinner with my siblings and there families. We had 33 for dinner. Everyone had a good time. I baked cupcakes and the kids frosted them green and the littlest GN (2) frosted two yellow ones and we made a Christmas tree. I seen them at the store and said we can do that. I didn't get any Christmas cookies made this year. My day to do that was the doctor day. Oh well, there's next year.

We decided were leaving tomorrow morning bright and early. I'll try and get back later. If not I'll let you know or have my daughter let you know the whats. Hopefully we have a safe trip.

I had a nice long post written and all of a sudden my computer restarted. I noticed it was going to restart but didn't hit post fast enough.

DD and family are coming for dinner and gifts tonight and also for dinner (lunch) tomorrow. After Joanne posted about her lasagna Christmas tradition, I had a real craving for lasagna, and had intended to make it for dinner tonight. However, I ultimately decided that spaghetti with homemade sauce was probably a better choice for my diet. Tomorrow I am making a spiral sliced ham.

We had thought about inviting my in-laws for dinner tomorrow as well, but are unsure of how my fil would tolerate the commotion. He has severe emphysema and is steadily getting more and more short of breath and physically weaker. We finally decided that we would visit them in the evening and bring them a meal for Wednesday. My sil is going to bring them Christmas dinner.

Christmas with my extended family went well. I was a little unsure of how it would be, since it would be the first Christmas without my parents. However, we had a wonderful time, my sil cooked a terrific meal, and we had great weather for driving.

Judy, the piano ghan looks wonderful. I think Aly's name was the perfect finishing touch. Will ds be there for Christmas?

Linda, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. My niece goes to Dordt College somewhere in Iowa, (not sure where) and she came home earlier this week. She said they saw 225 cars in the ditch in Iowa alone, (they were number 226!), and nearly another 200 the rest of the way, so the weather there must be pretty bad.

Sherry and Joanne, congrats on your new vehicles. Are those your Christmas gifts? :lol Joanne, good for you getting your gifts done, Same with you Sherry.

Joanne, enjoy your time off, you surely deserve it. Do you have any plans? And congrats to dd on the masters degree. Fingers crossed that she finds a job.

Val, so glad are finally feeling better. Your Christmas food sounds yummy. Enjoy your family.

Marisa, glad you got to your parents safely, hope you have a wonderful time there.

Marlene, there's a snowstorm coming? Guess I'd better check the weather forecast! Safe travels to you and dh. I didn't bake cookies this year either, although dd made some of those Hershey kiss/pretzel things.

Mary, hope you have a wonderful Christmas with Luke and Zachary, (and of course dd and sil as well!). Hope your visit to see mom at "the home" went well, and that you and your sister have a great evening. And wouldn't it be funny if you have a white Christmas and we here in Michigan don't? I didn't think there was any snow in the forecast, but Marlene says there is a storm coming, so I guess I will have to check the weather. It's just cold and gloomy here today.

Tam and anyone else I missed, hope your holiday season is going well.

Just in case I don't make it back later today or tomorrow, :wreathMerry Christmas!

Hi, everyone!

TY for the compliments on the ghan! I used a chain embroidery stitch and then a running stitch to get the braided look. I used sewing thread to outline where I wanted the letters and then did the heart freehand.

After it got dark we took the furples out for a drive to see the lights....seeing Lucy's head turn back and forth to look at everything was precious. This was her first time. They love looking at the lights on the house across the street too. They're our toddlers:lol

And yes, DS will be over for dinner tomorrow.:)

....and my Kindle seems to have died:( Looks like I'll have to get the backlit Kindle to replace it:lol....NOT! I went on Amazon's site and learned how to reboot it - and VOILA! My books are back!!!!

Marlene, I hope your hand feels better :hug

:ctreeMERRY CHRISTMAS, MY FRIENDS:ctree

:ctreeMerry Christmas, House. :wreath I've been up with Gracie since 5 - she has decided she is scared of thunder and we're having major storms. It's all supposed to turn to 3-6 inches of snow early afternoon! We're going to DD's about 9:30, so my sister can head home (2 hours east of us) before it gets too bad. Hopefully, Luke can make his first snowman. :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone.:wreath Safe travels to those on the roads. :2snowman

Archived