Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Looks REALLY good Jude !

:tup

I bet it tasted as good as it looks too .

HiYa Rebby

How are you ?

Mary

Yea, I'm just making the pile in here, I'll let Sam get it packed in the car so he can squeeze the most stuff into a small space. I'd get it all in, too, but not as organized. I'd just cram it all in then slam the doors. when we got there and opened one, everything would just spill out onto the parking lot .

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Boy has it been a long day already :whew

Well, I didn't have any time to work on my ghan last night nor will I tonight I don't think :think I met my sister at her hair appt last night and it was pushing 10 til we got home :eek I was up early and walked into town to file a formal review for her appraisal. Tonight I have another PYP event. I ran to the mall during the day, Old Navy has tank tops for $2!!!!! Starting today and through Monday I think.

Tomorrow I take Steph and Bean to the airport in the afternoon and then I'm driving out to the cabin by a river that our neighbors grandfather owns and they get this weekend (it's very structurally divided among the family throughout the year) I'll come back on Saturday for my date...we're going to the Pirate game, which is unfortunately the same time as the 76ers game 7 against the Celtics....guess I'll have to dvr it :shrug Then I'm going back to the river cabin on Sunday and I'll have to be back Monday morning for a patient :whew Meanwhile, I need to be crocheting!!!

Joanne - :yay for your Devils win and yes I do miss my sixer games :(

Judy - Oh boy you picked a good donut :drool I'm sure you and Phyllis had a wonderful visit :D

Christi - I have a friend from chiropractic school that lives in Coldwater, I'm not sure where her practice is but I can find out for you if you're ever interested in pursuing chiro care, it often does help with the headaches just to throw that out there :yes I sure hope dd is feeling better :hug

Julie - Have fun with Cam this evening. I'm so not making good progress on my ghan :(

Cindy - I enjoy making rr's but maybe one day you'll remember before you make it that you don't enjoy it :wink:lol

Val - Oh, I hate weaving ends! Definitely my least favorite part of this hobby :lol

Mary - Luke's whole world surely will be turned upside down come November :lol

Rebby - :hi

Good afternoon everyone. Went over to Rosie and John's last night and we went out to supper together and then spent time together at their house. Came home to another long list of things that John wants me to do for the house. Oh, well, I've had a couple of days this week where I just had to care for Kim. That's better than it's been in a while.

Missing posts i know...have been up all night...well since two am. Youngest daughter called with a massive migraine...had to take her to ER for a shot. Then had to work...blah

Hope your daughter is feeling better now.

Yea, I'm just making the pile in here, I'll let Sam get it packed in the car so he can squeeze the most stuff into a small space. I'd get it all in, too, but not as organized. I'd just cram it all in then slam the doors. when we got there and opened one, everything would just spill out onto the parking lot .

:lol:lol:lol I learned how to pack tight from my mom. I'm much better at it than John.

Here's some eye candy for you. The first is the prayer shawl I finished up last month.

The next is from this month's charity CAL, as are the two preemie afghans. The last one I finished up today. Started it on Tuesday afternoon. The color is called Montana Sky.

post-9295-135897760775_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897760778_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897760781_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897760784_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897760787_thumb.jpg

Hi folks

Last check in for the evening . Cam is here ,had supper, homework is done,had his favorite bakeshop cookies for a dessert. Now he's watching his videos .

Steph is stopping up here shortly. she forgot ,Cam's class is having a Chocolate Party tomorrow ,so all the kids have to bring chocolate to share with others. WOW, how's come WE never had a chocolate party ? :(

Marisa

Keep on plugging on the afghan. It does sound as if your next few days will be busy ,maybe you can bring it to the cabin and get some time in there if you dont have the whole time booked with other stuff.

Hope your date night goes well .

Linda

The pics are all nice, you are right ,the Montana Sky color is so pretty .

Are you marking off your days on the calendar til you are outta there ?

Well, off I go ,gotta tell Cam who I think will win on thise battle-- a robot with guns on him or a robot with sharp claws . :think:think:think

Rebby - Hope all is well with you. Good to hear from you.

Judy - That is my great niece's favorite donut. I'm a plain jane donut girl.

Marisa - You have a fun packed weekend planned. I'm taking my crochet with me to my cousin's party.

Julie - Enjoy your night with Cam.

Linda - Your shawls, preemie blankets and scarf are beautiful. I'm glad you've had some down time. It won't be much longer.

Back to weaving ends!!!

Linda, all your projects look so great. Montana sky is a great color!

Julie, are you leaving this weekend?

Val, there will be pictures eventually. I usually wait until I have several things to photograph, don' know why, just laziness I guess. I'm working on a baby hat to use up yet more yarn.

Work for me tomorrow, don't know if I will find time to check in, since we have dinner plans with friends tomorrow evening.

Good night all.

Hi Cindy

Yep, we are leaving first thing in the morning most likely . Today will be getting last minute stuff done, mowing the yard, etc so everything is done before we leave .

Will be home June 5th , I think is the date. It's a week from this coming Monday anyhow. Looking so forward to seeing relatives we havent seen for so long !

I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to check in while we're gone. The motel we stay in is VERY behind the times . No internet hookups in the rooms, so you have to go into town and use the library computer .

If I don't check back in today, it's because we are getting last minute stuff done . We may even possibly decide to drive down later this afternoon so we get the drive over with .

Anyhow, will miss you guys .

Hope everyone has a good week coming up and I'll check back in once we get home !

:)

Quick good morning!

Julie- I hope you have a most Awesome time at the reunion!!! Safe travels and HAVE FUN!!!!

Linda- Love your projects!!

Judy- glad you had a good time with Phyllis!! And yes, you are right- Paradise doesn't pay me enough! LOL

I'm just going to say HI to EVERYONE, since I'm running late here!

TGIF!!!!

Hi, peeps!

Curly hair weather again today:lol

Here's some eye candy for you. The first is the prayer shawl I finished up last month.

The next is from this month's charity CAL, as are the two preemie afghans. The last one I finished up today. Started it on Tuesday afternoon. The color is called Montana Sky.

Beautiful work!!:clap

Hi folks

Last check in for the evening . Cam is here ,had supper, homework is done,had his favorite bakeshop cookies for a dessert. Now he's watching his videos .

Steph is stopping up here shortly. she forgot ,Cam's class is having a Chocolate Party tomorrow ,so all the kids have to bring chocolate to share with others. WOW, how's come WE never had a chocolate party ? :(

Yummy!!!!!!!!

Judy - That is my great niece's favorite donut. I'm a plain jane donut girl.

Usually I am too...but somebody put a bee in my bonnet:D

Hi Cindy

Yep, we are leaving first thing in the morning most likely . Today will be getting last minute stuff done, mowing the yard, etc so everything is done before we leave .

Will be home June 5th , I think is the date. It's a week from this coming Monday anyhow. Looking so forward to seeing relatives we havent seen for so long !

I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to check in while we're gone. The motel we stay in is VERY behind the times . No internet hookups in the rooms, so you have to go into town and use the library computer .

If I don't check back in today, it's because we are getting last minute stuff done . We may even possibly decide to drive down later this afternoon so we get the drive over with .

Hope everyone has a good week coming up and I'll check back in once we get home !

Have a great time - and we'll see you whenever you get back !!! :hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. Had a wonderful time at the prayer shawl group. We had a dozen people there last night. The biggest group in a while. I delivered the last of the yarn donations and 5 prayer shawls, two of which went out to men. One just lost his wife to cancer and one just got diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. We had lots of things going out out last night, including a baby blanket for a newborn. I was tutoring a mom in a new pattern and her daughter in learning how to crochet. Jen's mom was tutoring a mother and son in learning to crochet, too.

I picked up air fresheners for downstairs on the way home and John was pleased with the scent this morning. One more thing off the list of things to do.

Hi Cindy

Have a wonderful time at the reunion, Julie. We'll be looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Good morning Housemates!

Julie - Have a safe trip and enjoy your family to the fullest!!!

Cindy - Have a good day at work today!

Linda - Glad you had a good time last night.

Joanne - Have a great day in paradise. Will you have to work on Monday?

Have a great day housemates! Will check in later! Still weaving ends...should be finished today...hopefully!

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I didn't get home last night after the event until 10:30 :eek So then I spent some time counting the stitches in the rows of my graph ghan so I don't have to do it as I go with the color changes :think Since I didn't want to pull it out at that time, I figured at least it's a little something. I watched American Idol this morning from Wed and my guy won!!! :clap:yay So I got a few rows done while watching that. Then I got ready and packed my overnight bag and came here. Now I have a few things to take care of by way of paperwork and then I can try to do a couple more rows :xfin I'm just carrying it around it a tote bucket :lol So I have to make a trip to the bank and a quick run into the market before I head back and I think me and Bean are planning on leaving the house at 2:30, go pick up Steph from work and straight to the airport with them and then the cabin for me :bounce

So, I will probably be pretty sparse for the next few days with all the running and I don't know if there's internet up there. But I'll try to make a quick stop in over the weekend to let you know how my date went....Yes, quick....what does that mean again :think:lol

Linda - Sounds like a wonderful evening and so glad to hear about the turnout at the prayer shawl group :hug Hopefully your new list is all as easy as getting an air freshener :wink All of your projects are gorgeous :manyheart

Julie - I know you'll have a wonderful time at the reunion and preparing for everyone's arrival. We'll be thinking of you while your gone and will be anxiously awaiting your return to hear all about it! Oh boy, I want a chocolate party :bounce And yes, I'm taking my ghan with me and should be able to work on it tonight.

Val - Have fun at your cousin's party. And STILL weaving ends :sigh:whew

Cindy - I hope work isn't too bad today :hug

Joanne - I hope you got to work on time and get out at least on time too, I was gonna say early but wanted to be realistic :wink

Judy - I kinda like the curly hair days....although, my hairs too short now for much curling :lol

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Glad Cam was able to spend some time with you before you leave for the reunion. Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear all about it. I do the packing of the car when we go to Texas. There's not a inch of space left open.

Joanne, Hope you are able to get out of work early. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Cindy, Congrats on another finish! I love doing round ripples. Enjoy your night out tonight.

Mary, I hope things ease with your parents soon. I bet Luke's graduation was a nice event. Luke's world will be different with the new baby.

Judy, I don't put any milk in the tuna casserole, but you could. I'll try and remember that the next time I make it. Glad sparky is doing better. Glad you and Phyllis had a meetup. Maya would like that donut.

Marisa, The date is starting things off right. He likes sports and your going to a ball game. Enjoy the evening! Have a fun time at the cabin. I'm sure Chiropractors could help people with migraines. I had one the other day and I noticed the left side of my neck seemed stiff. That's also the side with my neck issues.

Val, Have a fun time at your cousins party.

Christi, Hope your DD feels better now. DH gets migraines to. I had one the other day. Iam fortuanate enough to not have to go to er or the doctor. I take an allergy pill and 2 ibprofens and it goes away. I have more of a bad headache but I can still do things if something needs to be done. I didn't use to be that foruante though. I was off to bed and sleeping when I first started getting them.

Rebby, Hi!

Yesterday we went up north for a burial service of one of are Texas/Michigan friends. He was the guy that went out fishing and died. He was cremated and they buried him right with all of us there. Never experienced that before. Then we went to the dinner. It was like a reunion it was at a private park Frank's sister owns. A nice time was had by all. It was a Texas reunion. Then we went over to Don & Carol's (Franks's BIL & SIL) for a get together with Joann, her children and there spouses (her son came up from Texas and surprised her) and some of Don & Carol's family came by to. We didn't get home until 11:30 last night. But we had some much fun. Wish we lived closer. When we left the kids all said see you in Texas next winter. Joann has a great family!

I'll be back later! Have a great day!

Hi House. :) We have a new member of the family - an orphaned baby dove. So we're doing 3 hour feedings of baby bird formula. He has his feathers and his wings seem to be okay, so hopefully he'll make it! We've done this before and the survival rate is high...keeping fingers crossed!

Julie ~ Have a fantastic trip! I know you will love every minute of it and we want all the details when you get home. :D

Linda ~ Your finished projects are all beautiful. :clap The blue is a gorgeous color!

Marisa ~ Your weekend sounds fun...have a great time!

Valerie ~ Are you finished weaving yet? :wink:lol

Marlene ~ So sorry about your friend's death. Your Texas friends sound like wonderful friends and I know they were glad you were there. :manyheart

Hi to everyone at the House. :)

What is everyone doing for the long weekend? We'll be here...feeding the baby. ;)

Marisa - Have a great weekend. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Marlene - Sorry about the loss of your dear friend. What do you have planned for the weekend?

Mary - I have one side completely done. I still have some ends in black on the other side. All of the white is weaved in.

Well break is over...back to weaving. I plan to finish all weaving TODAY!!!!

Have a good evening and weekend!!!

Hi all!!!

I did get out on time- well relatively speaking- left at about 4:50---so that was good--and now it's 3 days off!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!!

Safe travels to all who are traveling- and relaxing times this weekend for everyone!

As Judy said it's a curly hair day and when I came home from work, I broke down and put on the AC!!! I've got to be comfortable while I watch the Devils/Rangers game tonight- which is coming on shortly.!!

Go Devils!!!!!!!:cheer:cheer

Good morning!!!! And Yes, it's a great morning!!! My NJ Devils are going to the Stanley Cup Finals!!! (sorry Judy--it just wasn't the Rangers time)

Off to do the usual Saturday morning routine and then RELAX!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone.

Congrats to your team Joanne.

Julie, hope you have a safe trip to the reunion, and that you enjoy yourself.

Marlene, sorry for the loss of your friend.

Mary, hope the new family member makes it!

Marisa, have a nice time at the rive cabin. Sounds like you will be running back and forth a bit this weekend.

We will just be having a normal weekend. I have to work Monday.

hi ladies....

Good morning!!!! And Yes, it's a great morning!!! My NJ Devils are going to the Stanley Cup Finals!!! (sorry Judy--it just wasn't the Rangers time)

Off to do the usual Saturday morning routine and then RELAX!!!!!!!

A team can only come from behind just so many times:P

Stay cool everyone and have a great weekend.:hug:manyheart

Good morning Housemates!

Joanne - Glad that your Devils won and are on their way to the finals! I'm also glad you're planning to relax.

Cindy - Enjoy your weekend and make sure to get some rest.

Judy - Sorry about your Rangers. What are you planning for this holiday weekend?

Julie - Safe travels. Have fun!!!

Marissa - Safe travel back and forth. Hoping things go well with your date tonight.

Marlene, Mary, Linda and the rest of the house gang...have a great weekend.

I have 14 more black strands to weave and then I can do the edging. whoo hoo. I tried to finish it yesterday but it got too dark and it was hard to see the black. Well off to finish it.

BBL.

Hi Ladies,

Boy it's quite in here today. Not much going on here this weekend. Were just hanging out at home until sunday afternoon then were going to Maya's. I'm walking with her in there Memorial Day Parade.

My BIL came up fishing this morning and he is going to have surgery and have the prostate removed. But first they are doing an mri and a scope. He has stage 1 but almost stage 2. The doctor thinks this is the best route to take. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. We appreciate it.

Val, Congratultions on your finish!

Joanne, Congratulations on your team winning!

Mary, That would be quite fun taking care of the baby dove.

To all the rest of the house have a safe weekend.

Hi all,

Had a good day- got what I had to get done, DONE (and trust me, it was the bare minimum that I had to do- LOL)

Went to pick up my raffle winnings- it was a Vera Bradley tote, matching lunch tote, beach towel, lanyard and ID case!

Watched the Yankees and went out to dinner with DH- and now back home before the storms start.

Marisa- thinking of you on your date!!! And I'm getting ready to watch the Celtics/Sixers game.

Marlene, how nice that you are walking with Maya int he parade. Hope your bils surgery is uneventful.

Joanne, what a great raffle win. What pattern are the items.

Dh and I drove over to Ludington state park today, (about a two hour drive), and did a little hiking and had a picnic. After dinner we went into the town and walked around there a bit. Its one of the nicest state parks I've ever been to, it has a gorgeous beach, lots of hiking trails, many of which are paved. There is a river for tubing and a small lake (Hamlin Lake), as well as Lake Michigan for swimming. It was chilly there, but lots of people were tubing on the river. There were even some people in Lake Michigan, but they must have been freezing. The water in Lake Michigan is never warm.

Good morning!

Cindy- It sure sounds like you and DH had a lovely afternoon yesterday! The Vera Bradley pattern is Ellie Blue.

Woke up to rain and not sure it's going to be any type of a good weather day- it's humid too!

On a positive note- it's a good stay inside, read and crochet kind of day.

Archived