Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More cleaners in today, so more stuff for me to move so they can do their things without having to mess with moving the things. Two pots of plants were too heavy for me to move, so worked around them. These gals were much better and more thorough than the ones last week. A mother-daughter team that really hustle.

Good morning, I am supposed to work today, but they called and offered me on-call, which I took, because it meant that I did not have to get up at 5:30! They did not think they would need me at all, but you can never be sure in an intensive care unit. Nice! It looks like, from your other posts, you didn't get called in!:cheer

It is cold, gloomy and drizzly today after that hot, hot day we had yesterday. We had lots of loud thunderstorms overnight, according to dh. I slept through them!

I'm never THAT tired...I always wake up :P

I am thinking of designing and making a quilt for Alzheimers research. I found the link this morning, and it is something I would like to support, seeing as my mom died of some sort of neurological disorder that robbed her of her mental faculties and one of my Dad's sisters has Alzheimers. This is most likely what I am going to play around with today. It shouldn't be a huge deal, once I come up with a design. The quilts cannot be larger than 9x12 inches.

That's a great thing to get involved in!

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, I'm at the office but am going to run over to Hobby Lobby to get what I need to make this graph ghan in less than 2 weeks. Why do I do this to myself and why couldn't the idea come to me sooner?! :lol I have walk in hours that start at 2 so I'll be back by then.

At least you really know what you want to make and aren't settling....

We finished the decks yesterday morning. Then Steph and I colored hair and then I relaxed while they did some shopping. We had dinner and then sat in the backyard chatting with our neighbors until just after 10.

See you all this afternoon :yes

Nice evening!!

Good morning everyone. Friday was a hectic day to say the least. I spent all morning and part of the afternoon moving things off the carpets so that the carpet cleaning guy could get as much of it as possible. Some of the stuff, actually a lot of the stuff, hadn't moved in the almost 8 years that I've lived here and the carpet was filthy. Haven't gotten everything back where it belongs yet, but we're getting there. That's the hardest part of getting the carpets done. As we're able we're going to get rid of our downstairs carpets - eventually.

Sunday I read and rested in the morning and then went out to lunch and then went here, there, and yonder looking at things for the apartment. I know I'm going to need a table or desk for the computer and some lamps at the least. Spent a couple of hours at an antique mall and had a ball. Went to Kirklands and saw a whole bunch of affordable lamps in styles that I like and will fit in with my things. And a few other decorative things as well. :D Spent the evening with Rosie and John.Their immediate question was, "Where have you been all day?"

K's is a great store!

I did pick up 3 books and a sketch pad at Barnes & Nobles and some fabric and yarn for preemie afghans at Goodwill. I went and browsed at BJ's (similar to Sam's Club) to see if it would be worth joining and I think that I will. You have to keep an eye on what you buy as some things aren't really a bargain, but other things are a big savings. There are some big ticket items where I could pay for the membership fee with one purchase.

Sounds like you researched it carefully:)

Judy, there is another Sherlock Holmes spinoff offered free on Amazon today. As usual, I haven't read it. I don't know if I would like Sherlock Holmes messed with. This one stars his great great great grandson.

:D:D:D:D Some of these are actually quite good....have to check it out.:)

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I had bellspalsy years ago and I didn't heal from it 100% but close enough that most people don't even notice. I had it so bad that my doctor had me read the letter from neurologist. From the nerve test results he did not expect me to recover at all. I have had to have my drivers license done over once as it looked like I had a black eye. But it usually only shows when I'm tired.

Cindy, Can't wait to see what you come up with. My grandpa died from Alzheimer. He had it for 7 years. It was very sad to see what that disease did to my sweet Grandpa. I heard the thundering off and on. I rarely sleep through a storm.

Linda, Sounds like a fun day yesterday. We love going to antique malls/stores and browsing. Never now what you will find there. Ruebens are one of my favorite sandwiches.

Marisa, Good luck on the graph ghan. What design are you going to do? If you said already I missed it. Sorry!

Joanne, Hope your out at craft night tonight.

Val, Hope all is well with you.

Julie, Hope the headaches aren't back.

Today I did a load of laundry, trying to keep it to a load a day or 2 days. Mopped the kitchen floor. Went to the post office. Was on ravelry this morning boy did I save a bunch of patterns. I seen something when I clicked on there but I wanted to look at something right beside it and when I came back the pictures had changed. So I did a search and couldn't find it. But it sure did lead me to a lot of other things.

I didn't make the lasagna or try it in the crockpot. Zac went home early so I made tuna casserole instead. Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Linda~~ Congrats on getting your place. :clap

Wish I had crochet groups by me. :sigh

Marisa~~Sounds like you have made a lot of progress :) I am getting used to using the tablet. Oh no, I hope your neighbor is ok

Joanne~~ Did you have fun at the museum of art? …ah....read your post, sounds like you had an AWESOME time

Valerie~~ Sorry to hear about your Aunt. And that ia a lot of changes for anyone! Your poor cousin. Is he independent or is someone taking care of him? My sister lives in Tucker,GA

Judy~~ Sorry your wrists have been hurting. Oi..watch the Aleve, so harsh on the liver, my dr recomends not takjng it unless severe pain

What is yarn bombing?

Julie~~sorry to hear you keep getting headaches. :eek

Cindy, it sure did get hot didn't it. I got sunburned and THOUGHT I had stayed in the shade!:eek

Good morning!

Yesterday after work, I got home with time to spare so I could go to craft club. Well, lo and behold, I sat down in my comfy chair with my laptop and was checking into the ville and the next thing I knew it was 7:30 and DH woke me up! Yup- fell asleep in the chair- guess I was more tired than I realized. Needless to say, missed craft club! I wasn't sure if it was 7:30 AM or PM when I woke up!!!

I did watch the Devils vs Rangers game- and am happy to report that the score is now Joanne 2- Judy 2! The Devils won and tied the series.

Hope you all have a good day!!!

'morning, peeps!

A repeat of yesterday - rainy and dreary...

Judy, I had bellspalsy years ago and I didn't heal from it 100% but close enough that most people don't even notice. I had it so bad that my doctor had me read the letter from neurologist. From the nerve test results he did not expect me to recover at all. I have had to have my drivers license done over once as it looked like I had a black eye. But it usually only shows when I'm tired.

DH had that about a year or two ago - scary thing! He saw the doctor quickly and luckily recovered completely. I'll repeat what a friend said: getting old isn't for sissies!

Today I did a load of laundry, trying to keep it to a load a day or 2 days.I need to do that. The laundry basket gets awful heavy otherwise and I hate waiting for hubby to bring it upstairs when it's all done.

Mopped the kitchen floor. Went to the post office. Was on ravelry this morning boy did I save a bunch of patterns. I seen something when I clicked on there but I wanted to look at something right beside it and when I came back the pictures had changed. So I did a search and couldn't find it. But it sure did lead me to a lot of other things.

I didn't make the lasagna or try it in the crockpot. Zac went home early so I made tuna casserole instead. Hope everyone has a nice evening!

tuna casserole is yummy! Do you have a fav recipe?

Just wanted to let you know I went on Tam's blog and Ken has had his transplant. Keeping all of them in my prayers.

I saw that!:clap

Judy~~ Sorry your wrists have been hurting. Oi..watch the Aleve, so harsh on the liver, my dr recomends not takjng it unless severe pain

I don't like taking it too much anyway because it's harsh on the stomach - ty for the info. :hug

What is yarn bombing?

If I remember correctly, it's when knitted or crocheted pieces are use to decorate inanimate objects: buildings, statues, trees...you name it.

Good morning!

Yesterday after work, I got home with time to spare so I could go to craft club. Well, lo and behold, I sat down in my comfy chair with my laptop and was checking into the ville and the next thing I knew it was 7:30 and DH woke me up! Yup- fell asleep in the chair- guess I was more tired than I realized. Needless to say, missed craft club! I wasn't sure if it was 7:30 AM or PM when I woke up!!!

I did watch the Devils vs Rangers game- and am happy to report that the score is now Joanne 2- Judy 2! The Devils won and tied the series.

you WERE tired!:eek

Between the Rangers and Yankees last night - UGH!

I did think the Hockey series might go to 7 games...looks like it just might!

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, after I got back from HL yesterday, I decided to play a game and then of course the time got away :blush My sister and Bean went to the Pirates game last night and before we met my aunt, cousin, & his son out for dinner at Bettis' near the ballpark. My cousin is the one that is being deported in a couple weeks so this was the last time we'll see him until next year. My aunt is in helping pack up the house and all since it's going on the market June 1st. We're still not sure if his ex-wife will stay here or go back to the other end of PA after school's out :think She's a sweet person and luckily their marriage ending didn't really cause much turmoil, we're all still friends and talk with her, everything is civil and even my cousin still keeps in contact not necessarily just because of the kids either. I truely think in this situation they just grew apart and both realized it :yes

Anyhoo, after I got back I showered and watching tv while getting my ghan started. So 6 rows done and I've decided to do it in hdc.

I took some notes here but they are the worst set of notes ever :eek:lol

Linda - Saturday's dinner sounds wonderful and I smile just thinking that you'll have many of those evenings to come :D Great shopping day too, many more of those in your future as well :yes I've been to BJ's before, but have a Sam's membership and it's the same way, some items are not really a bargain so you just have to pay attention.

Marlene - I'm just making the school's 'A' in the graph ghan. I don't have time to go too intricate :lol Thanks for the info on Tam and Ken, I continue with prayers going out to them on a regular basis :yes I need to check out ravelry for patterns too, I need to make 2 baby blankets for my friend that's having twin girls :clap

Joanne - Wow you sure were tired :eek I think your body just subconsciously knew that you needed a nap in order to see the game :think:wink

Cindy, Judy, and Christi - Have a great day :hug

And a great big :hi to everyone else in the house that hasn't made it in yet this morning!

Good morning everyone. Nice sunny day here, although quite cool at the moment.

I have laundry going, some cleaning to do, and I have to go to the eye doctor this afternoon. Oldest dd and the four boys are going to drop over some time today as well.

Good morning everyone. When John got home I went downstairs and watched TV and crocheted and snuggled with Sweet Pea. :hook Didn't come back upstairs as I was afraid I'd get roped into helping John put things back and didn't have the energy for that. :D

Just wanted to let you know I went on Tam's blog and Ken has had his transplant. Keeping all of them in my prayers.

Thanks for the update on Tammy and Ken. Hope it works!

Good morning!

I would say that you were one very tired lady and needed the rest.

Have a great day. :hug:manyheart:hug

Hello Housemates!

I didn't check in yesterday...had a lot of running around to do.

Marlene - Hope your fingers heal 100% soon. Lifting Ken and Gordy and their families up in prayer.

Joanne - My my, you needed that rest. I've actually fallen asleep and awaken in the evening thinking it was time to go to work and that I'd overslept. That is such an awful feeling. We had rain yesterday and this morning as well. Our days end up beautiful and then the rain comes in the evening and overnight. We're expecting the same again today. Looks like you and Judy and in a tight fight. It sounds like you guys just might go 7 games.

Cindy - I think the Alzheimers quilt will be beautiful. My great aunt had alzheimers. I'm like you...I sleep through storms as well. Enjoy your day with you dd and grands.

Marisa - I miss sitting on the porch. We still do that in Alabama. Georgia is southern but it's the melting pot and you don't know your neighbors nor do they just sit outside and relax the way we do in Bama. I love your MCAL ghan. It's beautiful...hopefully, I can get back to mine soon. What pattern are you using for your Bama ghan?

Linda - Like Marisa, I have a Sam's card. I use it mostly because I don't like going to the store so I buy in bulk. I've never been in BJs but I use to have a Costco card. Their prices are a little more than Sam's. Did you ever post what your color scheme was going to be for your kitchen/bathroom?

ChristiG - why don't you start your own group. I plan to do that when I move back to Alabama. Tucker is not that far from me.

Thank you all for praying for my family and especially my cousin. He does has his own place but I don't know if he manages his own money.

Well, I have to get back to the ghans and hopefully I can check in later.

Have a good day all housemates!!!

Hi ladies

Wow, am I behind again or what ?

First of all, Marisa

Good luck getting the afghan completed in 2 weeks. I know you can di it. You really crank things out quickly when you have a time schedule .What other color besides red is it ?

Your last mystery ghan turned out really nice. That was certainly a mystery to see how those hectagon or octagon shaped pieces would fit all together !

What color did you do your hair in ? When is your blind date ?

The 2 twin babyghans will be fun --are you making them exactly alike or a little different ?

Joanne

You must have been beat the other night to fall asleep in your chair like that . No wonder, you have really been running for a long while now !

It's funny how you and Jude are in a contest with your sports teams ! I'll stay out of the middle and just say may the best team win .

Tam

If you happen to stop in to read posts, that is suchwonderfulnews about your husband. Hope it is a success and he is soon gaining his strength and energy back .

Christi

That is good of you to help outr your grandkids when they needed it,and you are right, it seems like lots of grandparents are doing that .I'm a little too nosey for my own good,but out neighbors across the street have ended up with their grand-daughter who is probably about 2 . Their girl joined the military and came3 home with a souvenier baby . Not sure if they ever married but I dont think so. Saw the guy there a couple times, then never again. The girl lived there for awhile, but about 2 weeks ago, here was the baby , the girl's car with a for sale sign,and their garage full of boxes of stuff. The girl is nowhere around . The cops have stopped several times in the last few days ,knocking on the door but they dont answer. I'm not sure if there may be a custody thing going on,or possibly some type of disoute over the car or her stuff . They aren't very friendly ,so we dont know much about them . Kinda sad but our whole street is that way. No one visits with anyone else, we all stay in out own yards . No one FIGHTS, but no one SPEAKS .

Cindy

Wow, I'm surprised too about your weather up that way being so hot . I always thought it'd be a bit cooler since you are north of us,but I'm not a weatherman. We've never been there either . Are you guys anyplace close to the lake ? I know Cleveland gets hit with lake-effect weather all the time .

Sure hope it doesnt get hotter there than here on the weekend . I just heard we will get the 90's by Monday. Not a good time to be heading south.It's alwaysd worse down there than here ! We'd better crank up our air as high as it goes .

The quilts for alzheiners sounds like a really good group to help out. Every family seems to have people with that illness .

Val

Yep, only someone else who gets migraines would realize how bad they are. They totally mess up everything else. Your head hurts so bad, it feels like someone ran over it with a car.

My neuurologist just ordered prednisone to break the headache again. He's had to do that several times. I have these week long headaches ,then the more meds you take, the worse your head hurts, so today is day one of the prednisone .Makes me dizzy, but if it helps its worth it .

Is the color Aubergine closer to a bright red or an auburn red ?

Marlene

Yea, that'd be funny to see Maya doing the Wii dancing games. Cam has that and Steph dances along with them. I've never seen them play it though . It sounds like fun .

I hope your hand and arm are back to normal soon . You DO have a good attitude, you take whatever life throws at you and deal with it. wish I could be tougher like that. Maybe you can teach me how .

I hope Gordy is showing some improvement,and also that your husband feels better .

I had to chuckle about the fishing story. People our age would be up and raring to go fishing earlysince Sam says the fish bite better early or late ,when the water isnt as warm,but the younger crowd dont get in a hurry to do anything, they just seem to be on slow gear .

Jude

Sorry you are having a struggle with your health. I always wish I would have appreciated all the days I used to feel good,since I don't now . I di have the best breathing day yesterday that I have had in a long time,but it could be because I stayed inside all day,not sure .

Hope the doc can give you something to help get through this rough patch.

It sounds like your new group book is good. I have read some of the Michcners'but not the one you mentioned . I really like his books ,so very educational,but also very interesting .

Linda

sounds as though things are still hopping down there . I'm glad you have some time to get the extras you will need for your new place . We will all be watching for photos when you get the chance .

It's a little humorous when you say John keeps the junk that needs thrown out. He's the one who will have to unpack all that junk,and will probably have to toss it out when he does ... At least you wont be a part of that process !

OK, I THINK I am caught up again. If I missed anyone, sorry ... I tried ...Howdy to anyone else out there !

Thanks ladies :hug

Val - I'm not really using a pattern :(

Julie - The graph ghan I think will just be white and red, I was debating on putting a shadow to the A in gray, but don't really want the white and gray next to each other. My hair is a shade lighter than usual, but that's only because we ran out of my color and I had to use my sisters for half :lol but I use a reddish color....not 'in your face' red though :lol My date is either Friday or Saturday, not quite sure yet :think As for the twin ghans, I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with it :think

Alright, I need to go workout now....I haven't since last Thursday :eek But I count staining the decks to be a partial workout :devil:lol

Julie - The Augergine is more of a burgundy red. I hope the meds work and you come out of the fog.

Marisa - Are you doing singles and a solid ghan or are you doing squares?

I went with the cranberry color and I'm doing hdc's in a solid ghan. I hate doing them in sc, takes too long and is too boring :lol

Good morning everyone. Nice sunny day here, although quite cool at the moment.

I have laundry going, some cleaning to do, and I have to go to the eye doctor this afternoon. Oldest dd and the four boys are going to drop over some time today as well.

How was the GS's visit??

Well ladies, here is my mcal ghan that I finally finished over the weekend :yay
Wow! Your work is incredible!

I also like how your last graph ghan came out when you used hdc....so this new one should be awesome.

Good morning everyone. When John got home I went downstairs and watched TV and crocheted and snuggled with Sweet Pea. :hook Didn't come back upstairs as I was afraid I'd get roped into helping John put things back and didn't have the energy for that. :D

You go, girl! Keep that attitude!!:cheer:clap:devil

Oh, Marisa....my latest return to being a redhead is definitely "in your face" red:lol:lol:lol

Have a good night, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Marisa...that is interesting. I like it.

Valerie...i tried to talk to my local library about trying to start a group, the librarian kept saying if I taught a class. Not that confident.

Julie..that would be kind of strange not talking to neighbors.

Hello again.

The eye doctor I saw today was new to me, (my old one retired), and he seemed very good. As long as I can see, I'm not too fussy! Funny thing though, when I registered, they told me payment was due at the time of the appointment, but when the Dr. was done with me, he walked me to the door and ushered me out. I was halfway home before I realized that I hadn't paid. Oh well, I have to go back to pick up my contacts, so I guess they will collect then.

Julie, we are about 30 miles from lake Michigan. Our winter weather is affected by the lake, (we get lots of what they call lake-effect snow), but I'm not sure about spring and summer weather.

The grandsons had a ball here today. They live in the city, and enjoy our property when they come over. They play in the woods, and roll down the hill in our front yard. They also enjoy riding their bikes on our long driveway and up and down all the hills around our house.

I made a premie afghan today and started another one. These will go to this charity. These are part of my effort to use up some of the little bits of yarn I have leftover from other projects.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, When I make tuna casserole. I boil a bag of store bought noodles according to the package. Drain. I drain 2 cans of tuna fish in water. I dump 1 can (reg soup size) of mushroom soup in pan I cooked the noodles in, add the tuna and the noodles and stir. Heat it up a little bit. Season with pepper and eat. I added peas to mine. Hubby don't like peas. Sometimes I have used two cans of mushroom soup, but most often one is enough. The other night I didn't use all the noodles, I put some in a bowl on the side and I made me cold tuna casserole for last nights supper. I mixed noodles, 1/2 can of peas, miracle whip and some mustard. Boy was that good. That's the way I prefer it, but hubby likes it hot. Some people even crush up potato chips and put them on top and bake it. I don't. Quick and easy!

Joanne, You sure were tired. Sorry you missed crafts though.

Marisa, A simple graphghan should go quickly. Hdc is much quicker than the boring sc. The mcal ghan is beautiful.

Val, Does you cousin have siblings? It's good that he is in his own place.

Cindy, Your place sounds like the perfect place for your GS's to come and have lots of fun. A nice charity to help out.

Christi, Have you asked her on the ville if there any others in your area that might want to get together and crochet? If you have you might ask again as people come go all the time.

Julie, I have always told people that I really think my Dad dieing when I was 14 and my Mom going to work when I was 16 it made me the person that I am today. I started being Mom to my younger siblings (7 of them). It wasn't easy either. I learned how to fix some things on cars, how to repair or fix things. And I'm a taurus so I think that makes me be stubborn enough that I won't let some things get me down. Some things I've been through I know that it is God who has helped me through them. I started out being a fighter when my brother and I were in the hospital for 88 days with bronichal pneumonia. I was 2 and he was 1. I had lung surgery when I was 11. My Mom is a strong lady for all she was dealt with at a young age. Thirty four a widow with 8 kids. So I learned a lot of it from her.

When I had the bells palsye I had to drink with a straw. A gf and I use to go out for coffee and I still went and drinked my coffee with a straw. I thought if I have to look like this people better get use to it.

All I can say is stay strongand believe in your self.

Gordy came home yesterday. I was surprised when I called there house and he answered. He has a portable defiberator. I'll have to go see him tomorrow and check that out. I've never seen one and don't any thing about one being portable. He goes back in 6-8 weeks and they should put a new defierator in.

I got a call from my BIL for two reasons. One he wanted to know if the fish were biting yet. Always around Memorial weekend. And the second was to tell me he has cancer. It's prostate cancer. That's all I know right now he goes back to the doctor thursday. We have to go up north to a memorial service so I won't call until friday. Please keep them in your prayers. His name is Rick and my sister is Rose. They don't have any insurance. I don't know what is going to happen. He was layed off from his job last fall and he carried the insurance through his work.

I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice wednesday!

HI all,

I just finished reading through all the posts and now it's time to start getting ready for Paradise- didn't have time to take any notes and there was lots to read!!

Marisa- Your MCAL ghan came out great! Good luck finishing up the Bama ghan- I'm sure it'll be beautiful, as is all your work!

Marlene- Please take some of these:hug:hug:hug and prayers being said.

Off to get ready- even though I'm not posting as much as I'd like, I do try to keep up with what's going on. I've just been tired after work- it's sapping alot of my energy- and there's still lots of work left to do on the project!

Hugs to all!

Archived