Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Hope you got a relaxing day in after all the excitement last week.

Cindy, That afghan is gorgeous! It would be a lot of work.

Faile, Your bag is beautiful! You did an awesome job spinning it.

Linda, Glad John is behaving himself now. He sure is a mindless person. Glad your standing up for yourself. He's taken advantage of you for to long. He's in for a rude wakening here real soon.

The afghan your doing is beautiful!

Marisa, Sales is something you either like doing or you don't. I do know a couple of people that sold (not sure if they still do or not) for many years.

Joanne, Did you go to crafts last night? If you said I missed it. What are you working on?

Judy, Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend for you. Way to go keeping your weight down.

Phyllis, What a thoughtful gift from your son.

Julie, Happy Birthday to Cam! I bet he had fun a Chucky Cheese's. Maya wants to go and she don't like pizza (yet). Did you go for cake or have your own with him?

The reunion is really coming together. Your going to have a lot of fun.

Val, Glad your feeling better today. Are you holding your head down to much working those ends in?

Hubby bought me new pots and pans for Christmas and I finally opened them (I actually forgot about them as I didn't open them then because of going to Texas). There really pretty. There red with glass lids. So I guess I may look for some new towels to do with red. I've never really had a certain color for my kitchen before so I guess I'll start something new. What colors do you guys have in your kitchen?

Hubby and I went fishing yesterday for about 3 hours. I was ready to come in. I hold my pole with my left hand and it had, had enough of that. We caught 24 bluegills. The fish are bedding so he called SD as Zack wants to come up and go fishing.

It's suppose to storm here tonight. I've seen some lighting.

DS went with my nephew to get his stuff. What a joke! She gave him an old refrigerator (I know either the freezer or refrigerator works not both), a weight lifting set with out the bar, and another exercise piece. A box of misc stuff. Mind you the box was about 7" x 14". When he asked about his Grandpa's banjo and flag and another flag (these are given to you because they are veterans) she replied "I don't know what your talking about". I can't tell you how angry that makes me. :angry:angry He is keeping his cool much better than I would of. But thats what she wants is to set him off so she can hold it against him. His lawyer is filing a bunch of paper work on her.

He found out today Maddie rolled the ranger (It is like a quad but bigger) and Jocelyn was with her. Jocely didn't get hurt (luckly) but Maddie is on crutches. I know the kids don't wear helmets. I said something about that years ago. There mother didn't care and she is a nurse and use to work in er. I told son to bring this up to friend of the court.

The storm is flying in now so I'm going to shut the computer off. Have a nice night everyone!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning- happy hump day

Marlene Sorry about all the stuff your DS is going through. And to not put helmets on when riding a quad is irresponsible in my opinion.

DH is going to stop and pick up a new hard drive for my macbook today- we'll see if that does the trick- I think it will and will then hook of my external drive so that I can have my "old" laptop back.

Hair appointment after work, then it's the 2nd game of the playoff's. Hopefully I can report tomorrow that it's Judy 1- Joanne 1! LOL

Go Devils!!!!

Morning folks

Cindy

It sounds as if you had a very full and productive day yesterday and got a lot accomplished. It's always good to know you are caught up with errands, housework, etc, isnt it ? Makes you feel like you can take a mini-break .

I've never tried Chinese food before .I'm not a very adventuresome eater . Here in Podunk-Village, you are adventuresome if you use relish on your hotdog .

Marisa

One of my friends from school's moms sold amway her whole life,and probably still does. She is a very elderly lady now,but is surprisingly fit for her age . Their whole family swears by the stuff ,but I'm not familiar with it. I've never tried anything made by them . I hope it works out for you if you decide to become a sponsor or whatever they'd call it .

Are you getting close to finishing your afghan ?

Mary

I hope you got your quiet day in yesterday since life has been so busy lately . No wonder the neighbor guy is hiding and no one has seen him . He's probably crawled under the bed,scared spitless. That'd be frighteneing to know someone wanted you DEAD . Once in awhile, though.you'll hear of a guy who actually takes his wife BACK after trying to hire a hitman on him. Them guys must be a few Ants Short of a Picnic .

Val

Sorry to hear about your headache. Them things can put you out of commission can't they ? Sounds like the afghan is coming along well .

A Happy Anniversary to your parents and birthday to your cousin ( one day late ) . Cam had a nice time and enjoyed his day. Seems so strange to think how long ago it was since we had him here as a babe . He's so tall now,by next year, he will be taller than me .

Linda

Good luck on the apartment. I hope it goes through for you and you get word back soon so you will know that's where you will be . It'll sure be good when you can get settled there and have some stress-free days !

Maybe the new afghan you are making can be made to use in one of your new rooms of your apartment .

Faile

Your bag with your new yarn turned out very pretty .

Christi

Thanks for stopping by . It sounds like you have several items in the works. I need to stop in to the Cardi CAL. I havent even taken the time to go look and see the pattern !

Joanne

Too bad about your computer . It IS harder trying to come in and post on a smaller item . I have never used the phone or ipad thing so not sure how hard it'd be, but the Fire is kinda hard to type out much of a post on . I dont think I'm very speedy with the texting thing like lots of the younger folks do .

jude

Sounds like your are keeping up well with the WW meetings . Are you crocheting much now, or still reading a lot ?

Doing any more writing ?

Marlene

I bet Maya will learn to like pizza if she is like most kids. They all seem to like it ,at least any that I've ever met .

Your new pans sound pretty. I don't usually have one set color in my kitchen, although once in awhile I'll change the tablecloth or placemats to spiff it up a bit. I get tired of looking at the same old colors,so I like picking out new ones every now and then . I currently have some summery-looking ones. They are brown with bright neon flowers on them .

You guys must be good fishermen. That's quite a nice sized pile of fish for one time ! We used to go when the kids were little. Sam will be taking his poles for reunion. The motel we stay in has a small pond down the hill and Muskingum River right across the road so there are plenty of fishing spots down there. We have some kids around Cam's age that are getting into fishing now,so it's fun to watch them . It's nice to see kids of today doing something old-fashioned like that instead of playing video games constantly . Good for them to learn some of the older forms of entertainment.

I'm sorry the grandkids got injured --those things are scarey ! I dont blame you for wanting them to wear helmets . I'd be a nervous wreck if am ever rode on one .

I sure hope your boy can get all the legal stuff figured out soon so they wont have to continue all that bickering . That girl sounds like a pretty spiteful person . I hope they can work their differences out enough so that the kids arent in an uproar over it. It's sad when they get put in the middle ,but it happens a lot .

Joanne

Still working hard and keeping busy ! Hope this will get wrapped up soon,so we get to see more of you . I understand though ,it's taking most of your spare time right now. Sam had a spell of that too,where his job was all he could do. Sure glad those days are past. He got really worn out with it all .

Not much new here today. Hoping for a quiet day. Yesterday was a mess . Went to pick upa new asthma med- the new ones he ordered were making me sick, but he wants me to keep trying them,so he lowered the doses and added another new one. I went 2 days in a row to get it and they had to special order it,then yesterday they had a mixup with the way it was wrtten and number of doses allowed per insurance. Another expensive one (137 bucks) . Ridiculous .

Plus,somehow TWO Cpap machines were ordered for me from 2 companies, so I was on the phone with insurance trying to get that sorted out . You get really tired of all these shenanigans when you already feel worn out ,then have to argue with all this other stuff . Sure hope it all sorts itself out soon .

Cam had a nice birthday last night ,and is counting down the days til school is out. He'll be here this weekend ,but the next one is when we go for reunion,so we wont get to see him that weekend. They cant leave that early due to work and school,so I'll just have to talk to him on the phone from down there .

I am still ATTEMPTING to get my cousin's baby afghan completed. It's been very slow going . Since my breathing has been so crappy lately, it makes it worse . I have found that the Lion Pound of Love yarn doesnt bother me as bad as lots of others,so I'm trying to use it. I have had to put it aside a lot ,somedays I dont pick it up at all . This past week,my breathing has actually been SCAREY . I hit the floor on the weekend. Just ran out of air . My chest muscles hurt from trying to suck in air ,so it has been pretty challenging to try to use yarn,but I REALLY wanna get this done for my cousin . She's alwas been a favorite and life hasnt treated her too well, so she deserves something good to happen .She is so excited about her first grandbaby !

Well, gotta get moving and get my day started . I think it's supposed to be cooler today which will be nice. Yesterday was a bit too hot when you can't get enough air . :eek

You all have a good day ..

Howdy to anyone I missed .

'morning, peeps!

Going to be 80 today - and it's already humid:P

I'm on my I pad cause my Mac seems to have died. It is 7 hrs old and think that the hard drive is shot. Luckily I back it up on an external hard drive regularly

Oh my! I know how you love your MAC! New gadget in the offing now??:D

Good evening everyone. I got lots done today. I did laundry, ran errands, went out to lunch, vacuumed, cleaned bathrooms and dusted. I even cooked dinner. No time for crafting though. Maybe tomorrow.

When you work outside the home it's tough keeping up with stuff!:hug

Judy, WTG on keeping that weight off.

Thanks!

It/s been threatening to rain for a few hours and now I think I hear thunder, so I will say good night now.

Did you say that your computer gave up the ghost like Joanne's did?

Judy, Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend for you. Way to go keeping your weight down.

Thanks!:D If it wasn't for the meetings that probably wouldn't be the case...:P

Hubby bought me new pots and pans for Christmas and I finally opened them (I actually forgot about them as I didn't open them then because of going to Texas). There really pretty. There red with glass lids. So I guess I may look for some new towels to do with red. I've never really had a certain color for my kitchen before so I guess I'll start something new. What colors do you guys have in your kitchen?OOOOhhh...RED! LOVE it! My counters are green, black appliances, earth tone floor - but I boungt myself a red toaster last year:D

DS went with my nephew to get his stuff. What a joke! She gave him an old refrigerator (I know either the freezer or refrigerator works not both), a weight lifting set with out the bar, and another exercise piece. A box of misc stuff. Mind you the box was about 7" x 14". When he asked about his Grandpa's banjo and flag and another flag (these are given to you because they are veterans) she replied "I don't know what your talking about". I can't tell you how angry that makes me. :angry:angry He is keeping his cool much better than I would of. But thats what she wants is to set him off so she can hold it against him. His lawyer is filing a bunch of paper work on her. I hope it all works out. It's not fair how some women thiink they can push all the buttons and don't care about being fair:angry

He found out today Maddie rolled the ranger (It is like a quad but bigger) and Jocelyn was with her. Jocely didn't get hurt (luckly) but Maddie is on crutches. I know the kids don't wear helmets. I said something about that years ago. There mother didn't care and she is a nurse and use to work in er. I told son to bring this up to friend of the court.

Oh, for sure! Someone in the legal end of things has to know!

The storm is flying in now so I'm going to shut the computer off. Have a nice night everyone!

I hope you did OK with the storm last night.:hug

jude

Sounds like your are keeping up well with the WW meetings . Are you crocheting much now, or still reading a lot ?

Doing any more writing ?

Crocheting a little, reading a lot...writing for my own enjoyment - nothing even remotely for publication. Keeping my skills limber;)

Not much new here today. Hoping for a quiet day. Yesterday was a mess . Went to pick upa new asthma med- the new ones he ordered were making me sick, but he wants me to keep trying them,so he lowered the doses and added another new one. I went 2 days in a row to get it and they had to special order it,then yesterday they had a mixup with the way it was wrtten and number of doses allowed per insurance. Another expensive one (137 bucks) . Ridiculous . YUK!

Plus,somehow TWO Cpap machines were ordered for me from 2 companies, so I was on the phone with insurance trying to get that sorted out . You get really tired of all these shenanigans when you already feel worn out ,then have to argue with all this other stuff . Sure hope it all sorts itself out soon . Insurance is a bear. A year and a half to go and I'll have medicare and not have to deal with which doc is out of network and the huge bills!

I am still ATTEMPTING to get my cousin's baby afghan completed. It's been very slow going . Since my breathing has been so crappy lately, it makes it worse . I have found that the Lion Pound of Love yarn doesnt bother me as bad as lots of others,so I'm trying to use it. I have had to put it aside a lot ,somedays I dont pick it up at all . This past week,my breathing has actually been SCAREY . I hit the floor on the weekend. Just ran out of air . My chest muscles hurt from trying to suck in air ,so it has been pretty challenging to try to use yarn,but I REALLY wanna get this done for my cousin . She's alwas been a favorite and life hasnt treated her too well, so she deserves something good to happen .She is so excited about her first grandbaby !

Well, gotta get moving and get my day started . I think it's supposed to be cooler today which will be nice. Yesterday was a bit too hot when you can't get enough air . :eek

Go slow on the hooking, Jules! Take frequent breaks!:hug:manyheart

Off to start my day - CU all later.

Did you say that your computer gave up the ghost like Joanne's did?

I thought my laptop had died a few months ago, but my ds wiped it clean and it works like a charm now. Like, Joanne, our stuff is backed up on an external hard drive. (not that I have anything important, (besides pictures), on my laptop, mostly just crochet, sewing and knitting pattterns, and my Nook and Kindle libraries.

Good morning everyone. Its cold here today, although the sun is shining brightly. Maybe it will warm up later, I did not check the weather report.

Marlene, your ex-dil sounds like a "piece of work" I'm sorry she is being so difficult. Wonder what she is trying to accomplish. I also agree that those kids need to be wearing helmets. Ever since the motorcycle helmet law has been repealed here, I have seen the odd cyclist without a helmet, and I cringe.

My kitchen used to be mostly blue and yellow, although this was not planned, it just worked out that way. I still have a couple of sets of blue and white dishes, but the blue chair cushions and tablecloths have been retired. My niece has lots of red in her kitchen and I really like it.

Julie, I'm sorry that the breathing has been so very bad. That has to be really scary. Your talk about fishing at the reunion brings back good memories. My dad loved to fish, and he often took us kids with him. I refused to touch a worm, so he always had to bait my hook. I was good a catching fish though, and he also had to take my fish off the line. Poor dad, when I went along, he spent a lot of time helping me, and not much time fishing himself. Lucky for him, my brothers and younger sister were not so squeamish.

Judy, love the pics of your fur babies. Mine is out racing around. We have invisible fence and our dog loves to run, so that is what she does much of the day. I am sitting at a desk in the office and every once in a while I will see a flash of white whiz by the window. When it gets hot, she will settle down, but early in the morning, it's playtime!

Mary, sure hope life settles down a bit for you. seems like you have been super busy. Hope your neighbor is okay, it would be more than a little devastating to have your spouse try to kill you,no matter what the catalyst for that action was.

Joanne, hope work is settling down. I think you said this project would go into September?

Christi, nice to hear from you. I saw that relaxed cardi pattern and it is really cute. I like to make wearables, but I resisted that one, too many UFO's already.

Not sure what I am going to do today. I should work on organizing. (but I may just get out the sewing machine and play with that!) I have so much stuff laying around. I'm usually pretty good at keeping on top of "stuff", but spending so much time worrying about my parents and visiting there, really got me behind.

Good morning everyone. We've got mostly blue skies and sunshine today. Yay! I'm achy today, probably because of the weather change. Rosie will be home tomorrow! It feels like forever. We do so much together when she's here that we miss each other terribly when we're apart.

Getting ready to work on charity things for the next week for the May Charity CAL. Prayer shawls and preemie things will top my list.

Hubby bought me new pots and pans for Christmas and I finally opened them (I actually forgot about them as I didn't open them then because of going to Texas). There really pretty. There red with glass lids. So I guess I may look for some new towels to do with red. I've never really had a certain color for my kitchen before so I guess I'll start something new. What colors do you guys have in your kitchen?

They sound very pretty. I'd say some red and white towels are in order.

Hubby and I went fishing yesterday for about 3 hours. I was ready to come in. I hold my pole with my left hand and it had, had enough of that. We caught 24 bluegills. The fish are bedding so he called SD as Zack wants to come up and go fishing.

Wow! That's good fishing!

DS went with my nephew to get his stuff. What a joke! She gave him an old refrigerator (I know either the freezer or refrigerator works not both), a weight lifting set with out the bar, and another exercise piece. A box of misc stuff. Mind you the box was about 7" x 14". When he asked about his Grandpa's banjo and flag and another flag (these are given to you because they are veterans) she replied "I don't know what your talking about". I can't tell you how angry that makes me. :angry:angry He is keeping his cool much better than I would of. But thats what she wants is to set him off so she can hold it against him. His lawyer is filing a bunch of paper work on her.

Oh, for crying out loud! That's just plain mean!

Dangerous! I'm so glad that Jocelyn is okay. As a past ER nurse she should know better, but some people seem to believe that they and theirs are indestructable and nothing bad will ever happen to them. Hopefully they don't have to learn the hard way that it can.

DH is going to stop and pick up a new hard drive for my macbook today- we'll see if that does the trick- I think it will and will then hook of my external drive so that I can have my "old" laptop back.

Glad you backed everything up.

Hair appointment after work, then it's the 2nd game of the playoff's. Hopefully I can report tomorrow that it's Judy 1- Joanne 1! LOL

Go Devils!!!!

:lol :lol :lolGood luck Judy and Joanne. May the best team win.

I've never tried Chinese food before .I'm not a very adventuresome eater . Here in Podunk-Village, you are adventuresome if you use relish on your hotdog .

:lol :lol :lol Oh, Julie! I love Chinese food. And I tried a Thai dish last night which was scrumptious.

Linda

Good luck on the apartment. I hope it goes through for you and you get word back soon so you will know that's where you will be . It'll sure be good when you can get settled there and have some stress-free days !

Maybe the new afghan you are making can be made to use in one of your new rooms of your apartment .

I think it will be an heirloom piece actually. A pattern of my grandmother's made by me to be handed down.

Sam will be taking his poles for reunion. The motel we stay in has a small pond down the hill and Muskingum River right across the road so there are plenty of fishing spots down there. We have some kids around Cam's age that are getting into fishing now,so it's fun to watch them . It's nice to see kids of today doing something old-fashioned like that instead of playing video games constantly . Good for them to learn some of the older forms of entertainment.

Fishing is not only entertaining, but an art form. One I never mastered. :lol

I sure hope your boy can get all the legal stuff figured out soon so they wont have to continue all that bickering . That girl sounds like a pretty spiteful person . I hope they can work their differences out enough so that the kids arent in an uproar over it. It's sad when they get put in the middle ,but it happens a lot .

How true. But even fairly young children soon learn who is playing games with them and who is dealing with them in a straight-forward manner.

Not much new here today. Hoping for a quiet day. Yesterday was a mess . Went to pick upa new asthma med- the new ones he ordered were making me sick, but he wants me to keep trying them,so he lowered the doses and added another new one. I went 2 days in a row to get it and they had to special order it,then yesterday they had a mixup with the way it was wrtten and number of doses allowed per insurance. Another expensive one (137 bucks) . Ridiculous .

Ouch! :eek

Plus,somehow TWO Cpap machines were ordered for me from 2 companies, so I was on the phone with insurance trying to get that sorted out . You get really tired of all these shenanigans when you already feel worn out ,then have to argue with all this other stuff . Sure hope it all sorts itself out soon .

Oh, dear! Hopefully they only cancel one of the machines. I'm sure that you will be feeling a lot better when you finally get one of them and can start using it. They really do help. Sorry you have to go through all the rigamarole to get it.

Take it easy, Julie.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Kim is full of feistiness so will have to keep an eye on her so she leaves her breathing treatment on.

Good morning Housemates!

Linda - I hope you hear some good news about your apartment soon.

Judy -WTG controlling your weight. Your furbabies are adorable.

Mary - I hope you got some hooking time in yesterday!

Joanne - Have a good day. I hope the devils win tonight!

Cindy - You were a busy little bee yesterday. I hop you get a chance to do some crafting today. Did you get any rain last night?

Marisa - I use to sell Avon years ago in Alabama. I did very well. I only had to drop the books off plus family and friends took some to work with them and I waited for the calls. I don't think I could do that kind of selling now.

Marlene - I think the headaches are allergy related. My mom and grandmom use to love to fish. I tried once...yuk. Praying for your son.

Julie - I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that medical stuff. My little great niece's last day of school is Friday. When is Cam's last day? I'm sorry he won't be able to go with you to the Family Reunion. The temp here has been forcasted to reach the 80s again.

Christi G - It has been a long time. Hope all is well.

I'm going to do some housework and then work on the houndstooth. I sent pictures of it to my customer and she loves it. They had to move the party back so I don't have to have it ready at the end of the month. However, it will be ready!

Have a great day HOUSEMATES!!!

BBL.

Hey, guys, I have a shiny red toaster, too! And red Paula Deen cookware, and a red apple tea kettle. Red and green apple curtains and red towels complete the look. But if you ask, I'll have to say my kitchen is painted yellow. And we think it looks good. Funny how so many of us have so many things in common.

Hi House. :) Everyone sounds busy this morning!

Christi ~ Hi! Good for you for getting back to crocheting. :cheer Please keep us updated on your progress!

Joanne ~ I hope the new hard drive does the trick. :) My next computer will be a Mac...my sisters and DD have had them for ages and refuse to have anything else!

Cindy ~ You accomplished so much yesterday that I vote for a "play day" today! :D Your dog (Sophie?) has a wonderful life with all that land to roam and you guys to give her attention. :)

Judy ~ Love the pictures of Sparkie and Lucy! They seem to be so happy together...any more Lucy antics lately?

Julie ~ So sorry about your breathing problem. :hug And dealing with others' mistakes is hard enough on a good day! I hope they get everything straightened out very soon.

Linda ~ Yay for Rosie coming home! Is Kim aware of the move and the house being sold? I'm so glad you're going to have some time to crochet. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Oh, I hate the way your DS's ex is treating him! Does he get to have the children very often? When will Maya be out of school?

Okay ~ I need to go. :( First, I'll check on DD's cats and then errands and a dental appt. Luke is having lots of fun at the beach and has discovered that he can chase shore birds. :lol

Have a great day, everyone!

Judy, someone has re-written Sherlock Holmes his Last Bow and it is free for Kindle today. It doesn't really appeal to me, (I don't like anyone messing with Sherlock Holmes stories), but I know you also like Homes, so i thought I'd let you know:

Sherlock Holmes: The Final Deduction (By David Walker)

:clap:cheer:clap

Thank you! I've enjoyed some of these...just not the Robert Downey movies - and I won't even go to see them:P

:hi Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind if I jump back in. I haven't been keeping up so I'll have to go back and catch up on posts. Just want you all to know that I've been thinking about you.:hug:manyheart

Mary - you asked about Lucy antics.... A friend just came to drop off a plate and when Lucy saw her walking th=oward the house she went ito guard dogmode. I wast pushing th edoor shut and shoving them aside and she almost bit Sparkie in her frenzy.

She's so protective!

Yet when people come by to visit - once they're in the house - she's perfect! Go figure....:think

took her to get weighed today - she's dropped a couple of pounds, so is between 86/87 now. Better than 89!

Hello all. I have alot of crocheting to do. The sun is shining and it's warming up a bit here. I'm taking care of a friends 3 year old twins and a 4 year old for awhile. Can be from a couple weeks (she hopes) to a couple months. Which the couple months is more realistic to me. She's moving out of state and has a job there but nowhere to live. It's been fun to say the least. They have had the run of the house with their mom and we have rules here. So hopefully in 2 weeks time they will know what is expected and adjust. So far it's been 2 days, so we have a ways to go. Hope everyone is doing well and has a super day.

Back again ladies

Wow,lots of posts this AM . Good to see it !

Jude

Sounds like you are keeping busy with your hobbies, both are fun to do,crafting or reading. The writing sounds good too,just practice or doodle some ideas or beginnings to stories. Sometimes that's how writers get a brainstorm,they begin small stories, put them away,come back later ,and it all starts coming into place. Maybe that's why they called it "telling a yarn " long ago. You start out with a piece of string ,start winding it up to see what it is turning into, then you take a look and you have either made something like an afghan, or "knitted" your way through a story . Anybody know how they came up with that phrase ?

Your pups look so very comfortable together . I have a stupid question,but I'm not a pet owner,so not sure if this is a possibility :

Do dogs have a sort of relationship with each other like would yours be a parent/sibling, or maybe siblings, or just friends ? Is there a way you can tell by watching them, like does one watch out for the other, or do they equally get in trouble ?

Cindy

The story of you and your dad fishing sounds like a wonderful memory . I'm sure he didnt mind helping you bait your hook and take the fish off . He probably thoroughly enjoyed taking his kids to do a hobby he liked .

I'm the same if we fish - I won't touch the worm,but I'll take the fish off. We havent gone in a long time though .

I like watching kids do those things . It makes me sad sometimes that so many kids today dont get to use their imagination, or go fishing or camping or on a picnic, spending time outside ,etc . They are missing out on so much fun, being let loose outside and having to come up with your own entertainment .

By the way,thanks for the book link you sent Jude-- I grabbed a copy and put it on my Kindle too for someday ... I keep meaning to read all the Holmes in order,but have yet to do it . Have you read the complete set of stories ?

Linda

Sorry your body is aching today. Those days are pretty challenging,arent they ? It's pretty here this AM,but it looks like a big black storm is coming in behind the house,so probably rain on the way. It's a perfect temp, in the high 60's so not too bad hot .

It sounds great that you are able to spend some crochet time again. I bet you missed it so much .

Your heirloom afghan idea is great. I keep thinking of that too, would love to make something really pretty for Cam to have someday when he is grown and I'm no longer here . Maybe I'll be able to try it one of these days .

I DID get my Cpap machine -- last Thursday they brought it . That's what was confusing when this company called yesterday asking for the faxed test results so they could get my machine to me. I was wondering what the heck they meant,when I've had it for so many days already ... come to find out ,the company my doc deals with has been a little slow on getting orders out,etc,so they are trying to get some newer companies lined up. I still cant figure out how TWO of them got my same order,but I *think* the problem is fixed . Insurance is aware of it and handled it I think .

Val

Good work getting the afghan so far done and the family loving it. You do such nice work . What'll be next on your agenda, once the other sports one is completed ? Do you have ideas lined up ahead of time for when your current projects are done ?

Cam will get to be at reunion,just not able to go down when we are. The reunion is the first weekend of June ,but we are taking the week before it off and going down to spend some quiet time .The rest of the family who are staying at the same place will be pulling in that Friday before the next weekend,so we'll have almost a week by ourselves before the whole group comes in.. Most of them are coming on Friday early,so we are already trying to make a plan for when we are doing what . I finally found sparklers and poppers for the kids. Might go down and pick up a few more poppers,they go fast when you have that many kids using them .

Cam has 9 days of school left I think ,after today . I'd have to look at a calendar to see for sure .

Phyllis

Your kitchen sounds so pretty,lots of cheery colors in it .

What are you working on now ?

Hi Mary

I hope they are taking lots of photos of Luke, or maybe videos of him chasing the birds. I bet he is having so much fun ! I love the beach,such a nice restful place with the sound of the waves ... we keep saying we wanna go back someday but haven't made it yet .

How long a drive is it for you to get to the beach ?

So, this morning was day one of the other new asthma drug . A very odd type --it's one I havent seen yet . Was a little scarey trying it out. I dont do too well with meds . I have a list of 25 allergies,so it's pretty scarey to try any new ones,but it's scarier not being able to get air in . So I tried it this AM .an hour later it actually did give me the ability to take a deep breathe, which felt so good. You know when you try to SIGH ? I havent been able to do that for days now .. makes you SO tired when you can't get in enough air ,and it never feels like you get it all OUT either .

I guess I have come to thew conclusion that I HAVE to take multiple meds for this, if they pare them down to the minimum, it feels like someone sitting on your chest constantly . If I take enough to help, then I have these crappy side effects,which this one has started doing now ...headache,BAD nausea, a very ODD feeling in my chest ... maybe once I take it awhile, it will subside a bit . I have also gotten way too worked up over it,because reunion is so very close and I wanna go so very much ,I'm afraid I wont get straightened out in time to go . It's a little scarey being down there --FAR from a hospital . The town is much smaller than ours ,way out on a curvy country road,so no close help available .

I told Sam to take me even if he has to pour me out of the car in a wheelbarrow .

*** Do any of you who might be in the health field or taking multiple meds have any ideas if there is a way to get more help paying for them ? For people like us, not old enough for retirement benefits yet .Sam has worked the same job for 36 years ,has full insurance,but it pays LOUSY on prescriptions.

I called a place last week that is supposed to send paperwork to help on 2 of them,but the help is BARELY anything. People like us fall thru the cracks.

If I LOOKED better, I could Pole Dance ,but that doesnt pan out too well when you are Grandma-shaped .

Does anyone know if I could file for any type disability help ? with all the chronic ailments I have, I'd think maybe I could. I dont need a handicap sticker for the store,I need help paying for meds .

Any ideas would be appreciated . OR if any of you wants to hire a Grandma-Shaped Lady as a Gag Gift for a male family member, I can pole dance or sing. ((NOTE- Make sure if you are ordering the SINGING ,that the Male is at least partially deaf ,if not COMPLETELY .)

I'll work cheap,maybe even for a slab of CAKE .

BIG NOTE :

Nothing else other than the dance. :2nono

No extras included. Void where prohibited . No touching allowed .

I speak loudly AND carry a Big Stick . :tryme

Thank you .

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I had a new patient this morning :clap and then after her a regular patient :yay Then I went to lunch with the 2nd patient and just got back :yes

I left kind of late last night and didn't get a chance to do any crocheting last night. I did find out that my friend is having twin girls :manyheart So I've got some girl ghans on my list now :bounce

Christi - Nice to 'see' you :hug You sure do have a lot of projects on your plate right now :eek

Linda - I hope you have a great day and that John keeps acting as he should :hug

Judy - Glad to hear you are under your goal weight :clap The pups are just too adorable :manyheart

Joanne - :lol You said that your mac was 7 HRS old :heehee I hope the new hard drive works and have fun at your hair appt :yes

Cindy - You were super productive today that you deserve some 'me' time with your sewing machine :yes Everything else will get done in due time.

Marlene - My kitchen is red!!! Well, right now it's red in a box :eek But I have a red toaster, red microwave, red teapot, white dishes with a red stripe, had a red dish drying rack before I moved and got rid of it, red pots and pans, red themed wash clothes and dish towels :yes Sorry that DS is still getting the run around and I'm glad to hear that he is keeping a level head and not acting on impulse like she's trying to get him to do.

Julie - I'm close to finishing the afghan. I still have the one side to do for this round of the border which is just one sc and one tc all the way around. The next one will either just be sc or hdc and the last will be a reverse sc, because I really like finishing with those :shrug Amazing about the CPAP machine, problem is that you can't blame the insurance on that one. They're not the ones that placed the order :no I'm hoping you'll do a bit better with the crocheting once you get this machine going :xfin

Julie, I don't know much about health insurance. However, lots of companies that manufacture drugs have programs to help patients pay for their products. It wouldn't hurt to email the manufacturers and see if they have any programs to help with the cost. You should be able to find them via a google search. Also, doctors sometimes get some free samples to pass out to patients. That would be another avenue to explore. Generally you have to ask.

As for the disability thing, I think you'd have to check with the social security administration. I've heard it's really hard to get disability, but it wouldn't hurt to check into it. I think you very well might qualify, since you are so very limited in what you can do. You'd likely need medical documentation.

I have read all the Sherlock Holmes books. Years ago, I bought a 2 volume set titled "The Complete Sherlock Holmes". I read both volumes, (about 1600 pages of small print), in a few weeks. I still have those books, but they are no longer in the best shape. Pretty much all of the original Sherlock Holmes books are available for free on Amazon and other free book sites, likewww.gutenberg.org

Hello all. I have alot of crocheting to do. The sun is shining and it's warming up a bit here. I'm taking care of a friends 3 year old twins and a 4 year old for awhile. Can be from a couple weeks (she hopes) to a couple months. Which the couple months is more realistic to me. She's moving out of state and has a job there but nowhere to live. It's been fun to say the least. They have had the run of the house with their mom and we have rules here. So hopefully in 2 weeks time they will know what is expected and adjust. So far it's been 2 days, so we have a ways to go. Hope everyone is doing well and has a super day.

Sounds like you are in for a few busy weeks. Hope you find some time to crochet!

Well, since I initially opened this before my new patient this morning, I found a whole page plus of posts that I missed when I posted just minutes ago :lol

Val - This is a bit different from avon because the customer would just go to the website, place the order and the company mails directly to them so really nothing to do on my part :shrug Glad to hear that your customer loves the ghan :clap

Phyllis - We sure do all have a lot in common :ghug

Mary - I hope you get all your errands done and the dentist appt goes well :hug

Trish - Drop by any time young lady, even if just for a short visit and don't stress about trying to catch up on what you miss because it's always too much....just move forward :yes

Debbie - :welcome You are one special lady to watch a friends 3 kids for such a length of time, it's not an easy task to undertake but I'm happy that it's for her to set up her job and find suitable living space for them :yes I'm sure they'll adjust fine and learn the lay of the land :lol

Julie - Glad to hear you were able to get that deep breath in today :clap I'll question my sister about the insurance/prescription help, she's a pharmacist :yes As for disability. Like Cindy said contact the social security office. You could also question them at the welfare office about help, they probably can lead you in the right direction at least. You will need medical documentation from your PCP for the disability. And you'll probably be denied initially. I think they do that to filter out the people who are serious vs the ones who are not as serious but just trying to get out of working. Typically you would need to file at LEAST 2x, but I would count on 3. My uncle got partial disability on the 3rd try and that was after 3 open heart surgeries!

Archived