Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a busy day and then I babysat tonight which was fun!!!! Caught up on the all the posts and will be back in the AM to post more.

I just had to say CONGRATS LINDA ON YOUR OWN APARTMENT!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!

Good morning!!

Heading out to Philly this morning to see the Museum of Art with DD! Looking forward to a day off and fun time with her! Can't wait to see the Craft Exhibit and the yarn bombing on the outside!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

morning peeps...

Joanne, it sounds like another fun day for you - the weather is perfect for a short road trip - enjoy!

Cindy, I think I remember you had to work - yesterday? today? - I can't keep track Take care...

Have to dash - using netbook to post and it's wonky.

Later!

Morning ladies

Not much new or exciting to report since last night ,so will just say howdy to you all .

Will check in later this morning sometime .

I hope you had a good night's rest! How is the breathing? Have a good day my friend!

Good morning!!

Heading out to Philly this morning to see the Museum of Art with DD! Looking forward to a day off and fun time with her! Can't wait to see the Craft Exhibit and the yarn bombing on the outside!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

I'm glad you have an extra day off! Have fun with your DD. YARN YARN!

Good morning housemates,

I don't remember if I told you that my dad's oldest sister passed away. They brought her body back to Alabama from Virginia. The funeral is today...so remember my aunts and uncles in your prayers as well as her kids because she has a 45 year old special needs son and I do worry about what will happen to him. The newpaper that he'd work at for 26 years closed so there's too much changing at one time for him.

Judy - Have a great day! What do you have planned?

I hope the rest of the housemates enjoy today!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

Well I got to the office this morning to a message that my new patient needed to cancel, something came up. So I called back and left a message to see when he could reschedule and that I hoped everything was alright.

Last night after watching American Idol I went outside with the neighbors and we had 'stoop night' :lol We were out there late too, I went back in at 11:45 :eek So, although I started the last round of my border during the 2nd half of Idol I definitely didn't finish (nor get very far for that matter) :lol Hopefully over the weekend it should be done :yes I do have some errands to run today too.

Julie - That's great waking up headache free a few times already :clap Surely a positive response. How is the baby ghan coming along?

Cindy - Hoping work goes by smoothly for you :hug

Val - So sorry to hear about your Aunt :hug Definitely sending prayers for the whole family and especially her son :hug

Joanne - :yay for getting Ryan time. Philly!? Yarn bombing?! I have to go look that up and get that info to Maryann! Have fun and take pics :bounce

Judy - Have a great day!

I'll be in and out throughout the day I think :yes

Hi House. :)

Joanne ~ Have a wonderful day in Philly!

Valerie ~ I'm so sorry about your dad's sister. :hug Sending prayers for her family - especially her son.

Julie ~ Oh, it's wonderful that you've had a little relief from the headaches! Hopefully, that will continue and other things get better, too. :manyheart

I've been goofing off all morning and now I must get in the shower and go check on the cats and run a couple of other errands. Have a good morning, everyone. :)

Oh Julie, I forgot to mention that I questioned my sister about the meds and she said that unfortunately your plan is what it is and the only option would really be like what (I think Cindy said) about contacting the manufacturers directly.

I was also thinking along these lines and I don't know the specifics/details of how they work or what's entailed, but I googled "prescription supplemental insurance" and came up with some links that I'm sharing below. Now I did NOT actually go through the sites thoroughly at all and I don't know which ones would be reputable, but just wanted to get the idea out there and maybe you can see what's available :xfin

http://www.prescription-drug-insurance.com/hea96?wsc=445&adv=1&pt=&kw=%255bprescription+insurance%255d&tk=Z29vZ2xlLGRvbWFpbnNfNyxQUkVTQ1JJUFRJT04tRFJVRy1JTlNVUkFOQ0UuQ09NLHByZXNjcmlwdGlvbiBpbnN1cmFuY2UsW3ByZXNjcmlwdGlvbiBpbnN1cmFuY2Vd∏=&cid=5639538161&gclid=CIq0p5GGirACFYhM4AodsD0_PA&usck=1

http://www.humana.com/group_health_insurance/insurance_products/prescription_drug_coverage/

http://www.pparx.org/

http://www.prescriptioninsurance.biz/

FYI, I'm going to try some of you ladies on fb so if you see a request from Marisa Pancheri....it's me :bounce The pic is of my motorcycle so just wanted to give you a heads up so that you knew it was me and not some strange person :lol (well, a strange person other than me anyway, since I am kinda strange :rofl )

I won't be offended by anyone who denies my request...just so you know.

Good morning housemates,

I don't remember if I told you that my dad's oldest sister passed away. They brought her body back to Alabama from Virginia. The funeral is today...so remember my aunts and uncles in your prayers as well as her kids because she has a 45 year old special needs son and I do worry about what will happen to him. The newpaper that he'd work at for 26 years closed so there's too much changing at one time for him.

That's so hard for the entire family, bust especially for him...We're going to trust that God will put someone in his life who will be the anchor he needs.

Judy - Have a great day! What do you have planned?

I hope the rest of the housemates enjoy today!!!

It was a good thing I got myself together early - at 9:10 AM the plumber who will be redoing our tub and surround called from the next town over and said he could come by to do the measurements! We took the pups with us in the car after that when we ran an errand - it was nice! Just running around today. Went for acoffee date with hubby and sat by the bay, looking over at lower Manhattan and Brooklyn but no hook time...I'm wondering if I have my old fibro or chronic fatigue coming back. The aches and pains that have been showing up in my wrists, shoulders, etc are beyond anything I can remember in years. my internest says I have arthritis...I need to see the blood work I recently had done - maybe that'll show something.

TG for Aleve.

FYI, I'm going to try some of you ladies on fb so if you see a request from Marisa Pancheri....it's me :bounce The pic is of my motorcycle so just wanted to give you a heads up so that you knew it was me and not some strange person :lol (well, a strange person other than me anyway, since I am kinda strange :rofl )

Oh, good! I'm Judith Obelenus Grivas on FB:D

Have a good night my friends.:hug:manyheart

Val sorry to hear about your aunt's death. prayers going up for the family and especially her son.

Work went well today, but I did not sleep well last night and I'm really tired now. We were planning to go out for dinner but opted to stay home instead. Maybe we'll go out tomorrow. meanwhile, I'm going to read a book and go to bed early.

Judy- Oh, so sorry to hear about the possibility of the fibro or CFS coming back. Today was a perfect day to sit by the bay though!

Marisa- Of course I accepted your friend request!! Yes, definitely tell MaryAnn- it was really cool to see it up close. The posts on the stairs appeared to be knitted and their were huge granny squares hanging- here's a good picture of it( not one that I took)

http://www.ishknits.com/

Have a good night everyone!

Cindy- Enjoy an early night and I'll bet you'll feel much better tomorrow!!

Val- So sorry about your aunts death. Prayers for her son!!!

I had an awesome day today!!! The weather was PERFECT!!!! We got to Philly, parked the car and then walked around for a bit and stopped and had lunch at a cafe. Then we went to the Museum- and it was amazing! Craft exhibition and let me tell you, some amazing things. They also had a craft lab with yarn, hooks, fabric, button maker, pompom maker, embroidery hoops, embroidery thread and canvas. It was really cool and DD and I decided to do a little crafting. I made a granny square and got to try LionBrand Cashmere yarn- so soft!! DD made us two fabric buttons and then she did a small embroidery piece freehand based off a picture she had painted. We had such a relaxing FUN day!!!!!

My DD took pics with her camera- and I took a few on my phone- will try and upload in the morning. DD said she'd email me some of the pics, too.

Another beautiful day here in NJ!!!!

Going to my DD's sis-in-laws baby shower today so I'll miss the Devils Rangers game :-(

But, the shower should be fun and I know how much she has been looking forward to it- especially since she's been on complete bed rest for about 5 weeks now. She has to stay in a chaise lounge at the shower, but at least her doc said she could attend.

Have a wonderful day everyone.........

Go Devils!!

Good morning. It's a beautiful day here as well. Its supposed to get really hot though. Not sure how I will spend the day. I need to do some laundry and maybe touch up the house a bit, but it doesn't look too bad here at the moment.

Dh just told me that his cousin's band is putting on a concert tonight, so maybe we will go to that. DD and her dh went to one of their concerts earlier this year and said they were really good. (of course what dd considers really good and what her mom considers really good are often two different things.)

Judy, here is another Sherlock Holmes knock off for free on Kindle:

Sherlock Holmes and the Mutilated Cattle

Again, I am not sure what I think of this. This book has very mixed reviews, but for free it is probably worth a try. You can always delete a book.

morning peeps!

Another beautiful day here in NJ!!!!

Going to my DD's sis-in-laws baby shower today so I'll miss the Devils Rangers game :-(

But, the shower should be fun and I know how much she has been looking forward to it- especially since she's been on complete bed rest for about 5 weeks now. She has to stay in a chaise lounge at the shower, but at least her doc said she could attend.

Have a wonderful day everyone.........

Go Devils!!

Awesome yarn bombing - and what a wonderful day you had!!

Enjoy today....

Not much on my agenda, tg, so other than laundry - and not cooking _ a nice day ahead.

have a good one everybody:hug

I don't want to post my full name on the board, (although I don't mind if you ladies know it, but dh gets upset if I do stuff like that), do you want me to friend you?

Good morning ladies :hi

Just a quick check in for me. I'm on my way to Home Depot to return some shears and exchange the small paintbrush rollers for our deck staining today. My sister picked up the wrong covers for the roller we have.

I know there's something I forgot to tell you ladies yesterday, but I can't remember now either :shrug

But, aside from that.....my hair salon burned down yesterday!!! :eek It was a decent size building with 3 floors and several businesses. The salon was on the ground floor and the fire started in the 3rd. They were doing prom yesterday too, but everyone got out safely :clap Dan and his mom own the business together and they are 2 very strong willed people. They finished their customers in a nearby parking lot. And they plan to be working out of a temporary spot by Tuesday! Alot of nearby salons are offering some space at their places to help them out :hug He's gotta feel some way inside, but he's showing a very strong game face and is ready to "come back bigger and better" So I'd appreciate some prayers for them.

On asking for the prayers, I remember the other thing...a neighbor of ours had a seizure this week while driving but was super fortunate to get to safety and tell an officer that she needed help before she actually passed out. So far I know they've ruled out a brain tumor, but I haven't heard anything new.

Oh, and my patient that wants to set me up with her sons teacher gave him my # and he text me last night. I think we're going out next weekend!!!! :lol

So much going on and yes, I do NOT understand the phrase "quick check in" :rofl

Cindy, of course you can send me a friend request :D

Good morning. It's a beautiful day here as well. Its supposed to get really hot though. Not sure how I will spend the day. I need to do some laundry and maybe touch up the house a bit, but it doesn't look too bad here at the moment.

we're supposed to get close to 80 today - but it's not humid and is so nice and breezy out there. I was sitting out there with the dogs and reading. I didn't want to come inside!

(of course what dd considers really good and what her mom considers really good are often two different things.)

Isn't that the truth!

Judy, here is another Sherlock Holmes knock off for free on Kindle:

Sherlock Holmes and the Mutilated Cattle

Again, I am not sure what I think of this. This book has very mixed reviews, but for free it is probably worth a try. You can always delete a book.

Thanks! The writing style seems good from what I saw. If I can't get into a free book that's what I do, delete it...

Hi Ladies,

I'll back on later. I have a question for tomorrows dinner since it is suppose to get hot here. Has anyone cooked lasagna in a crockpot before? If so did you cook the noodles first or not? Have a nice evening!

Archived