Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all,

Had a wonderful time at the shower- and it was so heavenly to sit outside!!! Beautiful, perfect weather!!!

Judy- So happy that I missed the game- although I did keep checking the score on my phone-- So now your Rangers are up on my Devils 2-1.....I see the yankees lost too. Guess it was a good thing I wasn't watching either game

Marlene- I've never cooked lasagne in a crockpot, but I always get the pre-cooked lasagne noodles- makes it much quicker and easier to make!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon/evening housemates,

Thanks for your prayers.

Judy - I hope all is well with your blood work and the pain goes away. Sitting by the bay sounds devine.:hug Hope you're having a great Saturday.

Joanne - That was an awesome slide show. You day sounds wonderful. Glad you had a good time at the show. Sorry both your teams lost.:hug

Cindy - You have got to get some rest. Sorry you didn't sleep well the night before last.:hug I hope last night was better. Enjoy the concert.

Marisa - Praying for Dan and your neighbor. Crossing my fingers on the date next week with the teacher.

Marlene - I've never cooked lasagna in a crockpot.

I rode with my sister to Alabama early this morning and returned. We didn't go to our hometown. She had to do some banking so we went to the city of Anniston right outside of Georgia.

Still weaving ends on the houndstooth ghan.:eek Never again will I finish a ghan this size with that many ends to weave at the end. I'm taking Judy's advice and weaving as I go.

Have a good evening all!

Hi all

My gosh, am I behind on posts .

Just thought I'd jump in and say howdy . Cam has been here since last night .We gor him a video game called Guitar Hero ,where you have this guitar and you have to follow the notes on the game to play along with the band. It is SO funny, watching him do that !

It's been a very pretty day here, hoe but not super bad . Blue skies and sunshine .

I havent done much of anything today. Woke at 4 with a headache again,so it's been one of those days ... sure was hoping them things would stop but the doc said he cant do anything to make them totally go away, but he can make them less frequent and less severe .Sure hope so . I had a few days without one,so it was discouraging to wake up aith one again .

Val

The blue & orange will be pretty together for afghans . Great news getting another order .

Cindy

Hope you were able to get some better rest after the rough night the other night .

Jude

What book did your group choose for next time ? Hope its a good one .

Sure hope you dont have one of the chronic illnesses hitting again. Them things are no fun at all.

Linda

cant wait to see photos of your new place ! I think we are all as excited as you are !

Mary

Hope you got some time in to do what you want today ! When is Luke due back ?

Marisa

Thank you for the links for the med help. I signed up for one ,supposed to get papers in the mail,so will see if it helps any .

Hope the blind date setup works out for you !

Also, I'd give you my Face Space name but I've never signed up for it .

Wow, that was a scarey story about your hair salon. They must be very devoted to their customers to keep on working in th parking lot !

Well,gotta run . Looking for a picture of the old rotary dial phones we had when I was a kid. Cam thinks we had cell phones back then ! Wanna show him a photo of the big clunky heavy black phone we had back then .

weekend!!!! :lol

Cindy, of course you can send me a friend request :D

I sent you a friend request, (once I figured out how!)

Sorry to hear about your hair salon. That owner has great presence of mind!

Hi all,

Had a wonderful time at the shower- and it was so heavenly to sit outside!!! Beautiful, perfect weather!!!

It was a perfect day

Judy- So happy that I missed the game- although I did keep checking the score on my phone-- So now your Rangers are up on my Devils 2-1.....I see the yankees lost too. Guess it was a good thing I wasn't watching either game

It was a good thing - the Yankee game was frustrating to watch!

On the other hand, the Ranger game...:D:D

wow, Marisa - sorry about the hair salon! Sounds like a great neighborhood, though, the way everyone is helping out.

TY Val. Today has been a much better day, pain-wise.

Hi all

My gosh, am I behind on posts .

Just thought I'd jump in and say howdy . Cam has been here since last night .We gor him a video game called Guitar Hero ,where you have this guitar and you have to follow the notes on the game to play along with the band. It is SO funny, watching him do that !

that sounds like such fun!!:lol

It's been a very pretty day here, hoe but not super bad . Blue skies and sunshine .

Ditto, here - not even all that hot!:)

I havent done much of anything today. Woke at 4 with a headache again,so it's been one of those days ... sure was hoping them things would stop but the doc said he cant do anything to make them totally go away, but he can make them less frequent and less severe .Sure hope so . I had a few days without one,so it was discouraging to wake up aith one again .

Hopefully you'll get through the next several days without another one...:hug:hug

Jude

What book did your group choose for next time ?

this one - and after ordering it on my eReader Friday morning I'm halfway finished already!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Tenth-Song-Naomi-Ragen/dp/0312570171

Hope its a good one . I got drawn into it right away.

Sure hope you dont have one of the chronic illnesses hitting again. Them things are no fun at all.

I hope not....those years with CF and fibro were horrible. But today was pretty good, so maybe it won't be a chronic thing.:)

Well,gotta run . Looking for a picture of the old rotary dial phones we had when I was a kid. Cam thinks we had cell phones back then ! Wanna show him a photo of the big clunky heavy black phone we had back then .

I hope you find a picture for him. Does he know how to tell time from a clock face? That was a revelation for me when DS was little - all we had were digital clocks!

Have a great night everyne:hug:manyheart

Good Morning all :waving

Marlene~~ how was golf the other day? The Cardi is going to be for my older sister in GA. How is your friend Gordy doing?.

Sounds like a lot of us help with kids. My grandsons, Joey (8), Jeremiah (6) and Jordan(2) lived with us and their parents (off and on for the parents) for 19 months. Mom and Dad finally got a place of their own. We still have the boys every weekend and probably more over summer!

Ok...on page 845...catching up while the boys are here isn't going to work. Will get bac on tonight. Have a good day!

Hey lAdies,

On the iPad with A few minutes until I have to wash the color out of my hair. Thanks everyone. My hair salon will be opening back up on Tuesday from a temporary location and he is overwhelmed with the generosity and care of everyone. I told him it just shows how well liked he is and that when your good to people, they are good back. I liked his latest video on fb so if your friends with me you might be able to see it from there.

Val, my cousin is going to the univ of alabama and I'm thinking I'm going to make her a than for graduation, which gives me just under 2 weeks to pull off :eek. Do u know what yarn/shade is the best red?

Marisa, I'll send you a request to thru facebook and maybe we can all connect through you and we won't all need to post are last names on here.

Absolutely! I figured that my last name is already there as the name of my chiro office in my signature link anyways so I'm really very findable no matter what I do :shrug

Good luck with the date! With as determined as your patient has been to set you up, I'm hoping this means that you're very well suited for each other.

thanks! We shall see

Good afternoon Housemates,

Julie - I'm sorry you've got a headache. They're sometimes crippling. I suffer from them myself. Hope you're feeling better!:hug

ChristiG - My best friend in Alabama gets her 2 grandsons every weekend as well. Where in Georgia does your sister live?

Joanne - Hope your park adventure was wonderful and relaxing.

Marisa - The school colors are crimson and white. Gray is the accent color that's used. I use the "Aubergine" by ILTY when doing the standard school colors. However, I'm using the ILTY "Cranberry" with the black and white houndstooth ghan. I don't think the "Aubergine would look as good here. The late "Bear" Bryant popularized the houndstooth print at the school.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Hi, ladies!

Cindy - ugh. 94 there????:eek we didn't get beyond the upper 70's but you can feel how hot the sun is...

Not much happening here....later, gators!

Back from the park and going to have dinner soon. Then going to Ralphs for an Italian ice afterwards with dd and gs. It's so Beautiful outside so will probably walk there from Dd's house

Can't believe you have 94 degrees, Cindy!!!! There is a beautiful breeze out here now. Heavenly!!!!

Good afternoon Housemates,

Julie - I'm sorry you've got a headache. They're sometimes crippling. I suffer from them myself. Hope you're feeling better!:hug

ChristiG - My best friend in Alabama gets her 2 grandsons every weekend as well. Where in Georgia does your sister live?

Joanne - Hope your park adventure was wonderful and relaxing.

Marisa - The school colors are crimson and white. Gray is the accent color that's used. I use the "Aubergine" by ILTY when doing the standard school colors. However, I'm using the ILTY "Cranberry" with the black and white houndstooth ghan. I don't think the "Aubergine would look as good here. The late "Bear" Bryant popularized the houndstooth print at the school.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Awesome, thanks....I was hoping for ILTY :)

Hi Ladies,

Julie, I hope these headache will give you some relief real soon. I bet Cam had a fun time playing with Guitar Hero. Maya enjoys playing with her Wii games. Especially the dancing ones. I have a brother Gordy to.

Joanne, Glad DH was able to fix your computer and all your stuff is there.

The yarn bombing was pretty neat. The museum was proably really interesting. Glad you had a nice to go to the park with DD and Ryan.

Linda, I can hear the excitment in your post about your new apt. I'm so happy for you. Congrats!

Val, Prayers for your family. I hope things work out the right way for your cousin.

Marisa, Prayers for your hair dresser and your neighbor.

Judy, Hope your pain flare ups go away quickly. We always have a copy of are blood test sent to us. It's always nice to sit by the water and enjoy nature or people watch.

Cindy, Did you end up going to the concert? My DD's music likes and mine are totally different. Maya likes both of are taste.

Christy, I don't golf. DH golfs with his brothers weekly back in are hometown. I go garage saleing and have coffee with my MIL.

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers for Gordy. We went and visited with Mary (his wife) and she said each day he is a little better but he is still pretty much out of it. Three doctors have told him to don't even think about going home it may be 2 weeks or longer. But they have stressed to Mary that he may not make it to.

Grandson Zack came up to fish with Grandpa. Neither one mentioned what time he would get here. DH is up at 6 and by 10 he is "where is the kid"? Dh fishes early morning. I told him his parents never got here before noon so he don't know you want to fish early. We called and he was still sleeping. He showed up while I went grocery shopping. They came fished for a couple of hours and came in burnt. Zac said he'll be back next weekend to. Grandpa was having those bad pains in his chest again but he told Zack if he would row the boat he would go with him. He's having the pains in his chest again.

Are doctor is checking in to see who to see DH to at UofM. Were going to get a second opinion on hiatal hernia surgery. Someone has to have an answer.

My index finger is getting better. When I crochet now it is staying straight unless I crochet over an hour. Now if my little finger would get stronger to and my thumb I would be back to normal. But if they don't I can live with it. One neurologist said it could take 2 years to heal and it won't be 2 year until October. But things are much better than they were so I have hope. I keep exercising them so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

I'm off have a nice evening!

Morning-

It's raining this morning- what a perfect way to have to begin the work week- (just kidding) but it's nice that the last 3 days when I was home were Perfect!!!!!

Going to get an early start so off I go.

Make it a good day everyone!

Hi, ya peeps - I see Joanne already gave you the NJ weather report:lol At least the reservoirs are getting filled up - and the weather for this past weekend was perfect!:c9

Marlene, you have such a wonderful attitude:hug

I've been busy reading The Tenth Song, my book club pick. It's very good and I can't put it down. The writing is quite good, I think, and the part of it I'm into right now reminds me a lot of this book I read the Summer after I graduated from High School:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Source-James-A-Michener/dp/0375760385/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337604387&sr=8-1

Have a good day, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning, I am supposed to work today, but they called and offered me on-call, which I took, because it meant that I did not have to get up at 5:30! They did not think they would need me at all, but you can never be sure in an intensive care unit.

It is cold, gloomy and drizzly today after that hot, hot day we had yesterday. We had lots of loud thunderstorms overnight, according to dh. I slept through them!

I am thinking of designing and making a quilt for Alzheimers research. I found the link this morning, and it is something I would like to support, seeing as my mom died of some sort of neurological disorder that robbed her of her mental faculties and one of my Dad's sisters has Alzheimers. This is most likely what I am going to play around with today. It shouldn't be a huge deal, once I come up with a design. The quilts cannot be larger than 9x12 inches.

Good morning housemates :hi

Well, I'm at the office but am going to run over to Hobby Lobby to get what I need to make this graph ghan in less than 2 weeks. Why do I do this to myself and why couldn't the idea come to me sooner?! :lol I have walk in hours that start at 2 so I'll be back by then.

We finished the decks yesterday morning. Then Steph and I colored hair and then I relaxed while they did some shopping. We had dinner and then sat in the backyard chatting with our neighbors until just after 10.

See you all this afternoon :yes

Good morning everyone. Friday was a hectic day to say the least. I spent all morning and part of the afternoon moving things off the carpets so that the carpet cleaning guy could get as much of it as possible. Some of the stuff, actually a lot of the stuff, hadn't moved in the almost 8 years that I've lived here and the carpet was filthy. Haven't gotten everything back where it belongs yet, but we're getting there. John sorted out some of the stuff to go to Goodwill and threw some stuff away. And kept a bunch of stuff that I would have pitched. Oh well.

Saturday I ran errands in the afternoon, including two trips to the dry cleaners with stuff for John. I picked up the ingrediants for Reuban sandwiches for supper with Rosie and John and pies for dessert. Carol came over there too, so we had a good time together.

Sunday I read and rested in the morning and then went out to lunch and then went here, there, and yonder looking at things for the apartment. I know I'm going to need a table or desk for the computer and some lamps at the least. Spent a couple of hours at an antique mall and had a ball. Went to Kirklands and saw a whole bunch of affordable lamps in styles that I like and will fit in with my things. And a few other decorative things as well. :D Spent the evening with Rosie and John.Their immediate question was, "Where have you been all day?"

I did pick up 3 books and a sketch pad at Barnes & Nobles and some fabric and yarn for preemie afghans at Goodwill. I went and browsed at BJ's (similar to Sam's Club) to see if it would be worth joining and I think that I will. You have to keep an eye on what you buy as some things aren't really a bargain, but other things are a big savings. There are some big ticket items where I could pay for the membership fee with one purchase.

I read all the posts but didn't take notes. The yarn exhibit was awesome! :eek I saved the info on the Alzheimer's quilts. :) Saying prayers for the man with special needs. He's been hit with a lot all at once. :hug Hoping the headaches calm down soon, Julie. :hug

Have a great day! :manyheart

I really like Kirklands, especially for garden accessories and Christmas stuff. Ours closed, so I only get to one when we go to the Smokies. There is one in one of the outlet malnear where we stay. I am always surprised by how reasonable their prices are.

Archived