Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Trish :)

Of course you can jump back in,anytime . You'll have about 6 week's worth of posts to read thru ,so it might be easier to jump in from here !

Hi Debbie

Yep, it sounds like you will be hopping with the small kids to watch .

Marisa

Great news on the new patients ! Wonderful !

Thanks for the info on the medical thing. I wouldnt call myself disabled like others who have so many more obstacles to overcome ,more like unable to keep up with all our meical expenses and probably unable to do much to be gainfully employed . It's just taking all our spare money to pay for meds, docs, tests, etc . Never ending expenses . Thank goodness Sam is so healthy. He does have a few small issues which are very well controlled ,and he has very small prescription costs. I'm glad he is as healthy as he is .

Sounds like your afghan is pretty well on the way to completion .

Cindy

Thanks for the tips. I do ask my docs --the asthma guy will give me tiny samples -- not much that would last over a couple days ,but every little bit helps.

Guess I'll look through all of them and contact the manufacturers of each one to see what they'd say. If we could get help with the meds,it'd be great .

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Trish :)

Of course you can jump back in,anytime . You'll have about 6 week's worth of posts to read thru ,so it might be easier to jump in from here !

Hi Debbie

Yep, it sounds like you will be hopping with the small kids to watch .

Marisa

Great news on the new patients ! Wonderful !

Thanks for the info on the medical thing. I wouldnt call myself disabled like others who have so many more obstacles to overcome ,more like unable to keep up with all our meical expenses and probably unable to do much to be gainfully employed . It's just taking all our spare money to pay for meds, docs, tests, etc . Never ending expenses . Thank goodness Sam is so healthy. He does have a few small issues which are very well controlled ,and he has very small prescription costs. I'm glad he is as healthy as he is .

Sounds like your afghan is pretty well on the way to completion .

Cindy

Thanks for the tips. I do ask my docs --the asthma guy will give me tiny samples -- not much that would last over a couple days ,but every little bit helps.

Guess I'll look through all of them and contact the manufacturers of each one to see what they'd say. If we could get help with the meds,it'd be great .

You do have a lot going on and I think you would qualify, but you have to be persistent. Gainful employment is ultimately the deciding factor which is why they'll want medical documents from your PCP too :yes

Thought I would share some of my recent finishes. (I'm lazy about getting pictures onto my computer, so when I finally get to it, I have a lot!)

First a bunch of dishcloths. The red and blue ones that are pictured together are the Country Ripple Dishcloth, the bight blue one is a stitch that I know as the "forget me not" stitch, and the other light blue one is called "Easy Crocheted Dishcloth".

post-6189-135897759383_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897759388_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897759391_thumb.jpg

Cindy

The dishcloths are very pretty ,and the coat is beautiful. Is it for you ? It turned out very nice .What type stitch is it made of ? I can't tell from the photo ,but it's very cute .

Julie, thanks, it is similar to a shell stitch, and yes, I made it for me, but its a little small. Maybe I can shrink into it. :lol

I can wear it the way it is, but it would look better if I lost 10 pounds.

Another one. These are "Snuggly Wuggly booties", (boy version), from http://www.Michaels.com. Its not a very good picture, but it will do. This was a pattern that I thought was kind of odd. It is so easy to make booties in the round, but this pattern has you sew the booties together across the middle of the sole and up the back. I wouldn't make them like that again.

post-6189-1358977594_thumb.jpg

Hi again, House. I am so glad to be home - it's our first really hot day and just a sign of things to come. :yes

Trish ~ Hi! I've thought of you and hope everything is okay. :) We're glad you're back!

Debbie ~ Oh my, I see you have 6 kids and are keeping 3 more?! You must be so busy. We're looking forward to hearing about your crochet projects.:hook

Judy ~ I truly believe dogs can sense things about people...maybe Lucy decided this person was afraid or doesn't like dogs.:think Or maybe she's just being protective of her mom. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Yay for another new patient! :clap Can't wait to see what patterns you pick for the twins. :c9

Cindy ~ All of your pictures are wonderful! The coat is gorgeous...everything is so pretty. :clap

Julie ~ I hope you can get some help with the meds. :hug We are lucky to have good Rx coverage. DH could have gone on Medicare over two years ago, but is staying on his group insurance so I'll be covered on it, too.

DD, her DH and Luke are at the very southern tip of Texas and it's about a 9+ hour drive. They fly to Harlingen and then drive about 30 minutes to the island. Her inlaws own a condo on the beach, so they get to stay for free.

Time to get busy. My flowers need watering and guess I'd better think about dinner. Oh! I started a Surreybelle scarf in Cotton Ease and love how soft it is - the color is "Lake."

Hello all. I have alot of crocheting to do. The sun is shining and it's warming up a bit here. I'm taking care of a friends 3 year old twins and a 4 year old for awhile. Can be from a couple weeks (she hopes) to a couple months. Which the couple months is more realistic to me. She's moving out of state and has a job there but nowhere to live. It's been fun to say the least. They have had the run of the house with their mom and we have rules here. So hopefully in 2 weeks time they will know what is expected and adjust. So far it's been 2 days, so we have a ways to go. Hope everyone is doing well and has a super day.

Hi - kids love structure - I'm sure they'll do great with you!

Jude

Sounds like you are keeping busy with your hobbies, both are fun to do,crafting or reading. The writing sounds good too,just practice or doodle some ideas or beginnings to stories. Sometimes that's how writers get a brainstorm,they begin small stories, put them away,come back later ,and it all starts coming into place. Maybe that's why they called it "telling a yarn " long ago. You start out with a piece of string ,start winding it up to see what it is turning into, then you take a look and you have either made something like an afghan, or "knitted" your way through a story . Anybody know how they came up with that phrase ? That's why they say that no writing is ever wasted.

Your pups look so very comfortable together . I have a stupid question,but I'm not a pet owner,so not sure if this is a possibility :

Do dogs have a sort of relationship with each other like would yours be a parent/sibling, or maybe siblings, or just friends ? Is there a way you can tell by watching them, like does one watch out for the other, or do they equally get in trouble ?Lucy is the little sister with Sparkie - she goes for his ears and tries to nip them to get him to play and chase her....with DH Lucy is his totally and will listen to him when she never even considers what I say to her. Other times she plays protector. With htis vet who just cam eover to say hi - I think the vet was timid or something and Luc picked up on the nerves. She's so smart.... She's never done that with any other vet.

By the way,thanks for the book link you sent Jude-- I grabbed a copy and put it on my Kindle too for someday ... I keep meaning to read all the Holmes in order,but have yet to do it . Have you read the complete set of stories ?

I DID get my Cpap machine -- last Thursday they brought it . Great news!

So, this morning was day one of the other new asthma drug . A very odd type --it's one I havent seen yet . Was a little scarey trying it out. I dont do too well with meds . I have a list of 25 allergies,so it's pretty scarey to try any new ones,but it's scarier not being able to get air in . So I tried it this AM .an hour later it actually did give me the ability to take a deep breathe, which felt so good. You know when you try to SIGH ? I havent been able to do that for days now .. makes you SO tired when you can't get in enough air ,and it never feels like you get it all OUT either .

I guess I have come to thew conclusion that I HAVE to take multiple meds for this, if they pare them down to the minimum, it feels like someone sitting on your chest constantly . If I take enough to help, then I have these crappy side effects,which this one has started doing now ...headache,BAD nausea, a very ODD feeling in my chest ... maybe once I take it awhile, it will subside a bit . I have also gotten way too worked up over it,because reunion is so very close and I wanna go so very much ,I'm afraid I wont get straightened out in time to go . It's a little scarey being down there --FAR from a hospital . The town is much smaller than ours ,way out on a curvy country road,so no close help available .

I told Sam to take me even if he has to pour me out of the car in a wheelbarrow .

It sounds like you're on the right track with the meds!!!

Thought I would share some of my recent finishes. (I'm lazy about getting pictures onto my computer, so when I finally get to it, I have a lot!)

First a bunch of dishcloths. The red and blue ones that are pictured together are the Country Ripple Dishcloth, the bight blue one is a stitch that I know as the "forget me not" stitch, and the other light blue one is called "Easy Crocheted Dishcloth".

I am busy trying to keep from finishing my cleaning, so here are more pictures:

Broadway Coat from Crochet Today Sept/Oct 2011.

Another project: Little white dress (except mine is purple)

Another one. These are "Snuggly Wuggly booties", (boy version), from www.Michaels.com. Its not a very good picture, but it will do. This was a pattern that I thought was kind of odd. It is so easy to make booties in the round, but this pattern has you sew the booties together across the middle of the sole and up the back. I wouldn't make them like that again.

Your work is sooooo pretty!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Judy ~ I truly believe dogs can sense things about people...maybe Lucy decided this person was afraid or doesn't like dogs.:think Or maybe she's just being protective of her mom. :manyheart

I think you picked up on what I did - fear. Not good for a vet to be afraid of GSDs!

Judy~your furbabies are soo cute!

Cindy~I have been thinking about investing in an invisible fence..but doesn't that hurt the dog?

Debbie~sounds like you have your hands ful! Good luck

I was gonna comment on more but my tablet keeps shutting down. Havea good nivht everyone

Hi Ladies,

I didn't take notes tonight so this will be short. We have an early morning tomorrow, it's hubby's golf day. He also has to go for his physical.

It was a cool day here and it's going to be a really cold night tonight. Hopefully it will be the last one until next fall.

Cindy, Beautiful work! My Dad and Grandpa use to take me and some siblings fishing. I also went deer hunting with my Dad.

Joanne, Hope your Mac is working now.

Marisa, Yah for another patient!

Judy, Nice pics of the dogs!

Linda, Glad you'll be able to get some crocheting time in for your charity. Hope your feeling better.

Trish, Welcome back!

Christi, The cardi will be nice. Is it for you?

Julie, Glad you got the machine. Two of them? I would contact SS. My brother is on disability because of his heart. He had to get a lawyer as he was denied the first time. The lawyer took a % for his pay. Most people have to try a couple of times. I would think your condition should fly right through.

Debbie, Your a great friend taking her children in so she can take of things for her new job. We will have are GD Maya when school gets out she will be 6 by then. We have had her full time while my daughter works. Since she lives 2 hours from us she sees Maya on her days off and weekend off. They talk on the phone daily.

Mary, We went to S. Padre Island right after we got to Texas last winter and it was beautiful on the beach. You could see water forever. I know there having a good time. Are neighbors just got home from Brownsville. They go for 6 months. That's a long time to me but they are a bit older than me.

Val, Glad your customer is happy with the afghan.

We have five baby geese and one baby swan. We didn't have any baby swans last year. Last week we had 3 bunnies running around the yard in the morning but I haven't seen them this week.

Are friend Gordy had a defiberator put in a couple of weeks ago. He's back in the hospital. He has a really bad infection inside his body where they did the surgery. Mary said they don't know if they can even get all of it. They put his defiberator on the outside and run a wire to his heart. We will go see him friday. He only has 10% of his heart working and he still smokes. He just can't seem to quit for very long. If you would put him in your prayers we would appreciate it.

I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow!

Morning ladies

Cindy

I didnt make it back in ti reply to the rest of your photos. I love the little dress. What size does it turn out ? It looks like maybe toddlerbut maybe it's smaller, like a baby dress. It's really pretty . Hope your work day goes well today /

Marlene

Hope your husbands physical turns out well today . So sorry to hear about your friend Gordy/ I know back LONG ago when I worked at the hospital I had a couple patients like that who had smoked their entire lives and who had severe lug illnesses,which was what eventually killed them both. they were such good men, knew the smoking had caused the health problems,but both smoked right up to the end . They couldnt quit.

I like the name Gordy. My dad had an uncle they called that but I never got to meet him .

Mary

That island your girl and family are on sounds like a slice of heaven .

A beach condo on an island couldnt get much better than that,could it ?

Hi Joanne

I dont remember seeing you post last night,but maybe either you were too busy, having computer problems, or some such thing .

Just wanted you to know you are missed !

Hope everyone has a good day . Will stop in later .

Good morning!!!

I have my 'old' macbook back!!! DH went and got a new hard drive for it and by the time I got home last night after my hair appointment he had it all done!! Thank goodness I had backed up everything on an external hard drive. He hooked it up to the macbook and now everything I had is here again!!!

Judy- No new techy toy for me since it's now working like a charm!!!

Julie- By the time I got home from my hair appointment, it was 8PM and time for the Devils/Rangers game so I didn't get on the computer- only to check it out that it had all my saved things!! And it did!!! Favorites, photos, everything!!! Can't stress enough to everyone that has a laptop how important it is to back it up to an external hard drive!!

Just finished reading through ALL the posts--you were all chatty yesterday! Don't have time to respond individually. Tonight after work, I'm going to sit for Ryan for a bit since one of DD's good friends grandma died and she is going to the wake. Not sure if I'll get back on to post tonight or not!

Happy to report that the score is now Judy 1 (Rangers) and Joanne 1 (Devils). Nice win by my Devils last night to even the series!!!

Have a great day everyone!

:hi Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind if I jump back in. I haven't been keeping up so I'll have to go back and catch up on posts. Just want you all to know that I've been thinking about you.:hug:manyheart

You're always welcome at the "House." There's probably too many post to try to catch up...just start here.

Hello all. I have alot of crocheting to do. The sun is shining and it's warming up a bit here. I'm taking care of a friends 3 year old twins and a 4 year old for awhile. Can be from a couple weeks (she hopes) to a couple months. Which the couple months is more realistic to me. She's moving out of state and has a job there but nowhere to live. It's been fun to say the least. They have had the run of the house with their mom and we have rules here. So hopefully in 2 weeks time they will know what is expected and adjust. So far it's been 2 days, so we have a ways to go. Hope everyone is doing well and has a super day.

They will adjust. What are you crocheting?

Back again ladies

Wow,lots of posts this AM . Good to see it !

Val

Good work getting the afghan so far done and the family loving it. You do such nice work . What'll be next on your agenda, once the other sports one is completed ? Do you have ideas lined up ahead of time for when your current projects are done ?

Cam will get to be at reunion,just not able to go down when we are. The reunion is the first weekend of June ,but we are taking the week before it off and going down to spend some quiet time .The rest of the family who are staying at the same place will be pulling in that Friday before the next weekend,so we'll have almost a week by ourselves before the whole group comes in.. Most of them are coming on Friday early,so we are already trying to make a plan for when we are doing what . I finally found sparklers and poppers for the kids. Might go down and pick up a few more poppers,they go fast when you have that many kids using them .

Cam has 9 days of school left I think ,after today . I'd have to look at a calendar to see for sure .

So, this morning was day one of the other new asthma drug . A very odd type --it's one I havent seen yet . Was a little scarey trying it out. I dont do too well with meds . I have a list of 25 allergies,so it's pretty scarey to try any new ones,but it's scarier not being able to get air in . So I tried it this AM .an hour later it actually did give me the ability to take a deep breathe, which felt so good. You know when you try to SIGH ? I havent been able to do that for days now .. makes you SO tired when you can't get in enough air ,and it never feels like you get it all OUT either .

I guess I have come to thew conclusion that I HAVE to take multiple meds for this, if they pare them down to the minimum, it feels like someone sitting on your chest constantly . If I take enough to help, then I have these crappy side effects,which this one has started doing now ...headache,BAD nausea, a very ODD feeling in my chest ... maybe once I take it awhile, it will subside a bit . I have also gotten way too worked up over it,because reunion is so very close and I wanna go so very much ,I'm afraid I wont get straightened out in time to go . It's a little scarey being down there --FAR from a hospital . The town is much smaller than ours ,way out on a curvy country road,so no close help available .

I told Sam to take me even if he has to pour me out of the car in a wheelbarrow .

*** Do any of you who might be in the health field or taking multiple meds have any ideas if there is a way to get more help paying for them ? For people like us, not old enough for retirement benefits yet .Sam has worked the same job for 36 years ,has full insurance,but it pays LOUSY on prescriptions.

I called a place last week that is supposed to send paperwork to help on 2 of them,but the help is BARELY anything. People like us fall thru the cracks.

If I LOOKED better, I could Pole Dance ,but that doesnt pan out too well when you are Grandma-shaped .

Does anyone know if I could file for any type disability help ? with all the chronic ailments I have, I'd think maybe I could. I dont need a handicap sticker for the store,I need help paying for meds .

Any ideas would be appreciated . OR if any of you wants to hire a Grandma-Shaped Lady as a Gag Gift for a male family member, I can pole dance or sing. ((NOTE- Make sure if you are ordering the SINGING ,that the Male is at least partially deaf ,if not COMPLETELY .)

I'll work cheap,maybe even for a slab of CAKE .

BIG NOTE :

Nothing else other than the dance. :2nono

No extras included. Void where prohibited . No touching allowed .

I speak loudly AND carry a Big Stick . :tryme

Thank you .

Sorry you are having a hard time. You do qualify for disability and I think that you should apply and be persistent in pursuing it. You are a hoot and that's why I know this is going to be a great Family reunion because you are going to be there. I'm not sure about the medicine discount but I will ask around and see what I can come up with.

Cindy - Your work is soooo beautiful. Everything you posted was awesome.

Marisa - Congrats on a new patient. You'll be hiring extra help before you know it. Can't wait to see what you choose for the twins.

Good morning Housemates!

I have some errands to do today.

I didn't take notes either but someone ask what I was going to work on when I finish the sports afghans. I am going to start working on hat and scarfs for this fall in the school colors and probably get some afghans done as well. Alabama is very competitive when it comes to college football...especially the state rivals U of Alabama & Auburn U. I'm going to make some in both school colors. I already have an order for 1 Auburn ghan.

Joanne - Glad your Devils finally got the win you wanted. Have fun with Ryan tonight. Glad you got your Mac fixed and all information was saved.

Have a good day Housemates. Hopefully, I will be able to check back in later.

hi, peeps!

Marlene, I'll be thinking of Gordy and sending prayers his way.

Joanne, I have a feeling this playoff series is going to go 7 seven games:P

Yay for sweet DH getting your macbook taken care of!

I use memory sticks for everything...and use AOL to back up any emails I want to save.

I worked on more squares last night (the crayons color). When this clor is done I'll use more of the royal blue and see how I can arrange the 2 colors into a nice pattern.

It's a beautiful cool and sunny day today:clap

I'll be taking the pups for walks this morning, then running a couple of quick errands - dog food, etc.

I have my bookclub meeting tonight. I read the beginning and then the end of a YA book that was chosen for this month: Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok. Don't know the next pick yet.

Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. I got the apartment! I need to take in the security deposit (half a month's rent), which was less than I really expected and sign the lease. It's really going to happen!!!! I am so excited. I'll finally be able to decorate MY space/place with MY things and the way I want to decorate it. I promise to take pictures when it's organized. :D

I finished hiding the tails on two preemie afghans yesterday and will be working on a prayer shawl today. It's the Celtic Knot pattern done with RHSS in cormeal. And tonight is the prayer shawl group meeting. I've got three bags of yarn in the car for them. :lol That should be the last of the things to donate for me. I've missed the last couple of meetings so am really looking forward to tonight.

We have painters coming to look at the house today and give John an estimate on power washing and painting it. A friend of his who does real estate part time is coming by after work tonight to give him an opinion on what might still need to be done to make the house more presentable too. Joey is coming tomorrow to do a bunch of things and they are supposed to be cleaning the carpets tomorrow, too. Yikes! :eek It's going to be bedlam. The initial listing is going in the local paper this weekend and in the listing in the Atlanta paper is going in next weekend. John is fully expecting to have people coming by to look at the house as early as this weekend. :think We'll see.

Luke is having lots of fun at the beach and has discovered that he can chase shore birds. :lol

Oh, I hope they take pictures. That sounds so adorable.

:hi Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind if I jump back in. I haven't been keeping up so I'll have to go back and catch up on posts. Just want you all to know that I've been thinking about you.:hug:manyheart

Hi, Trish! Welcome back.

Mary - you asked about Lucy antics.... A friend just came to drop off a plate and when Lucy saw her walking th=oward the house she went ito guard dogmode. I wast pushing th edoor shut and shoving them aside and she almost bit Sparkie in her frenzy.

She's so protective!

Yet when people come by to visit - once they're in the house - she's perfect! Go figure....:think

took her to get weighed today - she's dropped a couple of pounds, so is between 86/87 now. Better than 89!

Our dogs go nuts when people come to the house and then are fine once they're inside too. Somehow I don't think you can tell a whole lot of diffenence in the 2-3 pounds she has lost. She is a BIG girl. She doesn't look to have an ounce of fat on her.

Hi, Debbi! With three of your friend's kids and six of your own, you are one busy lady. My hat's off to you. Glad to have you join us whenever you can.

I'm Linda and I crochet, knit, quilt, cross-stitch, and do other needle work. I am currently the care giver and companion to a lady who has had three major strokes. I live with Kim and her husband, however, they are moving to Texas this summer to be near family and I am staying here. I've been with them almost 8 years so it will be a big change for all of us. John is retiring on June 1st so will be her care giver then. I'll be moving to an apartment in July.

Your heirloom afghan idea is great. I keep thinking of that too, would love to make something really pretty for Cam to have someday when he is grown and I'm no longer here . Maybe I'll be able to try it one of these days .

I have an afghan that my grandmother made for my son many years ago. He cut it up, but I saved it in hopes of being able to mend it some day. I think I've reached that point finally and will be tackling that after the move. It was one of the last afghans she made. I could have strangled him at the time, but he was only 8 or 9 at the time. His reasoning was that "...I wanted to see what would happen." He made big holes in it! If I can match the yarns it shouldn't be too bad a project. I hope! :xfin

I DID get my Cpap machine -- last Thursday they brought it . That's what was confusing when this company called yesterday asking for the faxed test results so they could get my machine to me. I was wondering what the heck they meant,when I've had it for so many days already ... come to find out ,the company my doc deals with has been a little slow on getting orders out,etc,so they are trying to get some newer companies lined up. I still cant figure out how TWO of them got my same order,but I *think* the problem is fixed . Insurance is aware of it and handled it I think .

Glad you've got it. How's it going?

Cam will get to be at reunion,just not able to go down when we are. The reunion is the first weekend of June ,but we are taking the week before it off and going down to spend some quiet time .The rest of the family who are staying at the same place will be pulling in that Friday before the next weekend,so we'll have almost a week by ourselves before the whole group comes in.. Most of them are coming on Friday early,so we are already trying to make a plan for when we are doing what . I finally found sparklers and poppers for the kids. Might go down and pick up a few more poppers,they go fast when you have that many kids using them .

Cam has 9 days of school left I think ,after today . I'd have to look at a calendar to see for sure .

Sounds like you've got lots of activities lined up for people of all ages.

I guess I have come to thew conclusion that I HAVE to take multiple meds for this, if they pare them down to the minimum, it feels like someone sitting on your chest constantly . If I take enough to help, then I have these crappy side effects,which this one has started doing now ...headache,BAD nausea, a very ODD feeling in my chest ... maybe once I take it awhile, it will subside a bit .

I'm glad it's helping and hopefully the side effects will diminish with time.

I have also gotten way too worked up over it,because reunion is so very close and I wanna go so very much ,I'm afraid I wont get straightened out in time to go . It's a little scarey being down there --FAR from a hospital . The town is much smaller than ours ,way out on a curvy country road,so no close help available .

Have fun!

*** Do any of you who might be in the health field or taking multiple meds have any ideas if there is a way to get more help paying for them ? For people like us, not old enough for retirement benefits yet .Sam has worked the same job for 36 years ,has full insurance,but it pays LOUSY on prescriptions.

I called a place last week that is supposed to send paperwork to help on 2 of them,but the help is BARELY anything. People like us fall thru the cracks.

Thank you .

I know that a lot of drug companies have programs for low income people, but with all the big ticket items you have maybe you can get in on them too by explaining the reason for the need for help. It's certainly worth a try.

I am busy trying to keep from finishing my cleaning, so here are more pictures:

Broadway Coat from Crochet Today Sept/Oct 2011.

Oooooo!!!! I LIKE!

Another project: Little white dress (except mine is purple)

Gorgeous!

Another one. These are "Snuggly Wuggly booties", (boy version), from www.Michaels.com. Its not a very good picture, but it will do. This was a pattern that I thought was kind of odd. It is so easy to make booties in the round, but this pattern has you sew the booties together across the middle of the sole and up the back. I wouldn't make them like that again.

They sure are cute!

We have five baby geese and one baby swan. We didn't have any baby swans last year. Last week we had 3 bunnies running around the yard in the morning but I haven't seen them this week.

Oh, what fun!

Are friend Gordy had a defiberator put in a couple of weeks ago. He's back in the hospital. He has a really bad infection inside his body where they did the surgery. Mary said they don't know if they can even get all of it. They put his defiberator on the outside and run a wire to his heart. We will go see him friday. He only has 10% of his heart working and he still smokes. He just can't seem to quit for very long. If you would put him in your prayers we would appreciate it.

I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow!

Hoping that he gets better quickly! :hug

Good morning!!!

I have my 'old' macbook back!!! DH went and got a new hard drive for it and by the time I got home last night after my hair appointment he had it all done!! Thank goodness I had backed up everything on an external hard drive. He hooked it up to the macbook and now everything I had is here again!!!

Yay for DH! That's great!

Just finished reading through ALL the posts--you were all chatty yesterday! Don't have time to respond individually. Tonight after work, I'm going to sit for Ryan for a bit since one of DD's good friends grandma died and she is going to the wake. Not sure if I'll get back on to post tonight or not!

Enjoy!

Happy to report that the score is now Judy 1 (Rangers) and Joanne 1 (Devils). Nice win by my Devils last night to even the series!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Painter's are on the way. Catch you all later. :manyheart

Marlene - Lifting Gordy up in prayer.:hug

Judianne - Is your team play against Joanne's team? I thought both teams were in playoffs with 2 other different teams. I can't wait to see pictures of that ghan...it's going to be beautiful. I love those colors. Have fun tonight at your bookclub meet.

Linda - :cheer:clap for getting the apartment. I am so excited for you. What color will you use in your kitchen and bathrooms? Have fun tonight at your shawl meeting. I'm glad you're able to get out and do something that you like!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Linda ~ :yay:clap:cheer Congratulations! Now you can focus on your move and decorating your own place. :D I hope all goes well with John getting the house on the market...and that it's not too stressful for you.

Valerie ~ Oh, I think scarves and hats in school colors are a great idea! You must be really busy with the afghan orders, too. :):crocheting

Marlene ~ Sending prayers for your friend, Gordy. :hug I hope your DH's appointment goes well today.

Judy ~ Enjoy your book club tonight! Can't wait to see your "crayons" squares. :hook

Joanne ~ Great news about your Mac!

Hi to everyone at the House. :waving

It's been a busy morning and I'm about ready for some me time. It's getting warmer and drier, so I've been out watering and adding some more mulch in some beds. That and the usual chores are almost done...definitely not looking forward to the summer heat!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Last night I finished the round I was almost done with for my border and did the next round as well :clap All that's left is the final round for reverse sc :yay

This morning I decided to workout at home before heading out. I have a girl coming here at 1 from a financial company that I met at one of the PYP events....not sure what her angle is yet :think:lol and a return patient at 4 :D

Cindy - Gorgeous projects! I love them all :manyheart Practice IS picking up a bit, I'm up to 21 patients now and have a new one scheduled for tomorrow morning :yay Most don't have serious problems and only need to come every couple weeks or so. So still not super busy or anything like that, but definitely moving in the right direction :yes I think I had 5 visits this week (I think it's the most I've had in one week so far).

Mary - I can't wait to see a few pics of Luke at the beach :bounce WTG on getting your gardening done and I can't wait to see your scarf.

Julie - How have you been sleeping since you got the machine? Feeling any better???

Christi - It's not easy to post from a tablet :hug Hopefully it works better for you.

Marlene - Prayers for Gordy :hug How cute....geese, swan, and bunnies.....you know, I had a dream last night with bunnies :think

Joanne - Glad to hear the mac is now back to its old self :yay Did you get something different to your hair?

Val - Great idea to make the scarves and hats :yes Have fun running your errands.

Judy - :yay for getting more squares done. Enjoy your walk with the furples and your evening at bookclub :yes

Linda - :cheer:yay:jumpyay:clap:bounce:woo I am soooo excited for you getting the apartment and that is a great deposit :yes I can't wait to see how you decorate it! It's also great to 'hear' the smile on your face again! I'm glad you're able to be crocheting again and going to your prayer shawl group tonight :hug Continuing to send you prayers and positive thoughts.

Linda, your own apartment!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

What colors are you dreaming about using - or have you even allowed yourself to get that far?

Judianne - Is your team play against Joanne's team? I thought both teams were in playoffs with 2 other different teams. I can't wait to see pictures of that ghan...it's going to be beautiful. I love those colors. Have fun tonight at your bookclub meet.

I root for the NY Rangers hockey team and Joanne roots for the NJ Devils. They're playing each other and the winner (best of 7 games) goes on to play whoever wins the Phoenix/Los Angeles series for the Stanley Cup - the equivalent of baseball's World Series.

Hi gang

Wow, I thought I posted today ,but if I did ,it was so early this AM I dont remember . Thought I'd jump in quick anyhow.

Joanne

glad you got the computer running again. You sure miss them when they arent working,dont you ?

Val

What colors will you be doing next for th college teams ,are they also red ?

Jude

Hope you have a good time at bookgroup and they pick a good one for next time .

Linda

Wonderful news on the apartment ! How exciting . How soon will you get the keys so you can start getting your things shifted over there ?

Hi Mary

Hope you got some spare time today to do something you enjoy .

Marisa

Wonderful news that you are building up to more patients !

I've been getting more used to the machine . I still wake up at night with it,not quite past that yet,but I have had a few mornings with no headache when I wake up so thats a good sign !

Well,back to the babyghan. Time's getting closer and it's not getting done,so gotta try to get some more done on it tonite .

Will check in later ,maybe not til morning . You all have a good night .

Archived