Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning all. I slept the clock around last night plus a little extra. John didn't leave for work until 9:15 this morning and was home early last night. I think he's really looking forward to not working anymore. At least for a while.

He wants me to pull everything out of a bunch of the cabinets so he can go through it and decide what he wants to keep, then I'm to go through it to determine what's junk and what's donateable and list and pack all that. Sigh! Sometimes I just want to find a hole to crawl into and hide. There is always more that he wants/demands that I do. He doesn't get it that I am tired and that all of this is on top of all the regular tasks of taking care of Kim and the house. Sigh!!

Have a safe trip, Cindy, and be sure to build in breaks. This is hard both physically and emotionally. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Ooooo!!!! What a great buy on the bernat yarn.

More later. It's overcast today. Have a good one. :manyheart

I started my other post an hour ago :eek So just saw yours.

Praying for you to get through this last month in good health while biding your time left with John :hug :hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, so the CF charity walk Thursday night was fun, I didn't do a big job, but definitely an important one as I had to organize the walkers that donated vs the ones that didn't. Then I just got to hang out and chat after that and met some really nice people. They even had a keg and a buffet, so I even got to eat there :D

Sounds like a fun time.

Saturday morning a friend and I went on the Just Ducky Tour with a small group from PYP (Pitt Young Professionals) and then had lunch. After that I came to the office and worked on brochures and gift certificates for the mall event this Thursday. Sue text me to see if I wanted to go to Mad Mex for dinner since her friend wasn't feeling well that she was supposed to meet. So I met her out and of course with it being Cinco De Maio (sp?) it was insane since it's a Mexican restaurant....they had the parking lot blocked off with police watch, portopotties, events, etc. We just had dinner and headed out. She checked out what I had for my brochure and liked it, just added one thing (and she's a medical auditor and is good with that kind of stuff). Ran back to the office to pick up some things I forgot. In bed around 11.

Sounds like lots of good food.

Sunday, up at 4:45 :eek Got myself together and walked into town to check in at the volunteer tent for the marathon (I did not run Julie :no ) I got a nice red shirt to identify me as a medical volunteer and they had me at the starting line, so there was really nothing to do since nobody really needs medical care BEFORE the race. So our group just hung around chatting, and there was about 7 or so of us :yes We ended up directing people to where they needed to be and handing out safety pins :lol I was done around 8:30 and then I just walked around downtown a bit and checked out all of the tents and things going on. Headed back home and then into the office around 11:30ish to print out my brochures and gift certificates, which I needed to give the guy at the mall yesterday. Well, my printer didn't like the thick brochure paper after the one side was already printed so I had to load one piece at a time and print them individually....100 times :angry Needless to say it took forever.

Lots of work on the brochure, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Anyhow, I finally got that done and folded them, then put books on top of them to flatten them. Steph and bean were going out after the baseball game and I was going to meet them but since it was so late I just ran over to Ingrid's for a bit instead. I think I made it back home just after 9 and slept for almost 12 hours Sunday night into Monday :eek

Sounds like what I was doing.

Yesterday when I came in I had to go through the brochures and add a gift certificate and business care to each one. Then I counted out pens and ran my stuff up to the mall. I also had a patient in the afternoon. So all that time I spent in the office over the weekend and it was all being time consuming so I never got a chance to pop in with you :( That's my weekend in a nutshell

Busy, busy.

Ooooo as I'm talking about myself and getting ready to tell Rebby that I have 2 turtles (but they are still at my parents house in the Poconos being babysat because I didn't want to bring them to my sisters, Bean already puts up with so much) They laid an egg on Sunday :eek Unfortunately they didn't see it until it was already busted up. I told my mom to keep her eye out because there will probably be more since they don't usually lay just one. She said it made a mess of the tank and wanted to clean it. I just told her to pick out the big pieces, but no sense cleaning it until they're done because it'll only keep happening unless she gets it as soon as it comes out because of the turtles swimming and not having sand to bury them in :lol

Oh, my! Possibly baby turtles? That will be interesting.

Hi House. :waving I haven't read through all of the posts yet.:blush I did see Valerie's gorgeous afghan, though! :cheer

Gracie is sick. :( I was up with her all night so I could try to get her outside each time she threw up. Our vet opens at 7:30 and he saw us at 8:00...she's running a fever and he gave her 2 shots-antibiotics and nausea. If she's not better by tomorrow, he will do an x-ray. She's sleeping now and I think I will, too. :lol

Have a good afternoon and I'll check in later. :manyheart

Quick pop in to let you all know I'm home safe and sound. It was raining when I left Boston, but cleared up (no rain, but very cloudy) about 50-60 miles south of Boston. Made good time and arrived home at noon. I have unpacked, showered and laundry is on. Getting ready to head out to stock up on fruit which is non-existent except for a lonely orange!! I brought up some apples and pears to DD's and DH finished the rest of what was here.

BBL- just wanted to let you know I arrived home safely.

Hey ladies, I'm back from the talent show and Averie did great. All of the kids were good and there were some fun performances :yes I got stuck in a pile of traffic when I decided to go to Sonic :( I guess it was a sign :think:lol

Linda - I had eggs once before maybe about 4 years ago and I buried them in sand and tried to keep the temperature right, but they never amounted to anything :shrug

Joanne - Glad to hear that you are home safe and sound :yay

Mary - I sure hope Gracie is feeling better and that you both got a nice nap :yes

Julie - Wow! You sure are getting the run around from everyone it seems :eek Hang in there, it'll be worth it when you finally get that machine :hug

Hi House. :waving I haven't read through all of the posts yet.:blush I did see Valerie's gorgeous afghan, though! :cheer

Gracie is sick. :( I was up with her all night so I could try to get her outside each time she threw up. Our vet opens at 7:30 and he saw us at 8:00...she's running a fever and he gave her 2 shots-antibiotics and nausea. If she's not better by tomorrow, he will do an x-ray. She's sleeping now and I think I will, too. :lol

Oh, no! Definitely x-rays if she's still throwing up. Something could be stuck!

Quick pop in to let you all know I'm home safe and sound. It was raining when I left Boston, but cleared up (no rain, but very cloudy) about 50-60 miles south of Boston. Made good time and arrived home at noon. I have unpacked, showered and laundry is on. Getting ready to head out to stock up on fruit which is non-existent except for a lonely orange!! I brought up some apples and pears to DD's and DH finished the rest of what was here.

BBL- just wanted to let you know I arrived home safely.

Glad you're home safely:hug

Marisa, you make me tired!!!!!:P Good thing you have alot of energy.:P

Linda - Hmmmmm.....:angry

How many more days???

Marisa - we're meeting DS's GF this coming Saturday. And you're right - I didn't post a pic of the variegated with the blue yet! Tomorrow....

Busy bee- ((hugs)) hope everything is temporary!

marpan - "Ooooo as I'm talking about myself and getting ready to tell Rebby that I have 2 turtles (but they are still at my parents house in the Poconos being babysat because I didn't want to bring them to my sisters, Bean already puts up with so much) They laid an egg on Sunday Unfortunately they didn't see it until it was already busted up. I told my mom to keep her eye out because there will probably be more since they don't usually lay just one. She said it made a mess of the tank and wanted to clean it. I just told her to pick out the big pieces, but no sense cleaning it until they're done because it'll only keep happening unless she gets it as soon as it comes out because of the ..turtles swimming and not having sand to bury them in " OMG!!! That is crazy!!!! LOL what a surprise!!

Skye- I hope your pet gets better soon! It seems all productivity goes down the drain when there is someone sick in the family!

Judy- Thanks! I think that's the way I will go (2 strands large hook)

Faile- how did it turn out?

Marisa- That is Awesome!!! 40 lbs is a LOT of work! I go to the ymca and I am pretty good with my food. I think the hard part is that I am a foodie and i LOVE to cook good food! I can't resist pasta!!!!

Good morning- Happy Hump Day!!

The Devils won last night and move onto the Eastern Conference Finals!:cheer:clap:cheer

Val- Sorry to hear about your church member passing.

I decided to go get a pedicure yesterday afternoon to end my mini-vacation:manyheart---and then I went to pick up some groceries and fruit.

No time for individuals right now as I see the clock is telling me I must get a move on---although with the rainy kind of day it is, I'd much rather stay home snuggled in pj's and a good book or my hook!

Hi, ya peeps!

Went for blood work this AM - tg that's over. I don't do needles well:P

Val, I'm sorry about the member of your church family. :hug

Joanne, maybe this 4 day week will fly by for you! Oh, a pedi...haven't had a professional one done in ages. I need to repaint my toes...

Rebby, good luck with the 2 strand project! Black and purple - right? I love that combo.

Off to get my hair touched up this AM...and a vet appt for Sparkie, supposed to be a recheck, but the issue has come back. We'll see what the doctor recommends next:(

Have a good day my friends.

The Devils won last night and move onto the Eastern Conference Finals!:cheer:clap:cheer

It was a great game...and it would really be something if the Rangers and Devils met up again! We were nuts over the same match up in the 90's...Mark Messier, Brian Leach - all those guys!:D

Good morning Housemates!

Linda - Praying that you are feeling better and that everything is going well so you'll be in your own place soon.

Mary - Thanks! Sorry Gracie is not feeling well. Hope she's better today. Hope you got some rest!

Marisa - You have been a busy girl. Like Judy, you make me tired!

Joanne - Glad you made it home safe. Hope you're having a good day in paradise. Yea for the Devils.

Julie - I hope the medical people get their act together. It would be nice if you could have that machine before you leave for the reunion.

Faille - How's it going with your yarn?

Judy - Sounds like you have a busy day. Hope Sparkie is okay and your blood work is okay as well.

Thanks for thoughts toward my church member. Also my sister's job with AT&T ended yesterday. She worked for the yellow pages and they sold it. She needed 1 more year for full retirement. Pray for her that she won't go into depression.

I didn't work on the afghan at all yesterday. Had a lot of running around to do. I'm really not feeling it today but I'll probably try to start weaving the ends later today!

Have a good day my housemates...BBL.

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I didn't leave the office until about 9 last night :eek Just trying to get everything together for tomorrow night and since I'm a procrastinator :think:shrug But also, I was playing around on the computer trying to figure out how to save a file a certain way with no luck :( My dad called just after 7 and we were working on downloading something for me through his job....so at least got something done :lol

I was up by 7 this morning...just because. So I got up and ready and I've been here since about 8:30. I'm working on printing out some more brochures with my other printer and it's working a bit better than this one did the other day :xfin I also wrapped my box for my drawing, I'm giving away a cervical pillow. And of course the entry forms say that I want more info about Pancheri Chiropractic :devil I have to run up to Sams in a bit. I'm going to pick up some candy for on the table....don't I know how to grab peoples attention. A shiny red box for a drawing and free candy :devil Oh boy!

Judy - I thinking my energy is starting to dwindle :eek Positive thought for ds' gf :D Have fun at your hair appt and I hope all goes well at the vet with Sparkie :hug

Rebby - I love pasta too, that's the Italian in me :lol It's really all about portion sizes and it takes a whole lot of self control :yes But, you can do it :cheer

Val - So sorry to hear about your church member :hug Sending out some prayers. Also sorry to hear about your sister and her job. If the company itself is gone, doesn't she get some sort of early retirement package? Sending prayers for her too :hug

Joanne - :yay for the Devils and going for a pedi :manyheart I hope paradise isn't too hard on you today, but I'm sure you'll be run ragged :eek

Good afternoon. More rain today. Yesterday I emptied out more of the kitchen drawers and cabinets. When John got home we went through it and pitched three large trashbags of paper and plastic stuff, including a baby bottle from when their grandaughter was here for her 1st birthday, 6 1/2 years ago!

Hope Gracie is doing much better by now.

I'm tired and not planning on doing any more than I have to today. Hope you all have a good day. :hug

Judy - Sounds like you have a busy day. Hope Sparkie is okay and your blood work is okay as well.

Thanks..and Sparkie may have to get an ultrasound done in a couple of weeks - depends on if his current symptoms go away...the young vet and all the ladies who work in the office love Sparkie - he's fantastic! Esp considering the invasive nature of the exam:blush

Thanks for thoughts toward my church member. Also my sister's job with AT&T ended yesterday. She worked for the yellow pages and they sold it. She needed 1 more year for full retirement. Pray for her that she won't go into depression.

How awful! Holding her in my thoughts and prayers.

Well, I didn't leave the office until about 9 last night :eek Just trying to get everything together for tomorrow night and since I'm a procrastinator :think:shrug But also, I was playing around on the computer trying to figure out how to save a file a certain way with no luck :( My dad called just after 7 and we were working on downloading something for me through his job....so at least got something done :lol

I was up by 7 this morning...just because. So I got up and ready and I've been here since about 8:30. I'm working on printing out some more brochures with my other printer and it's working a bit better than this one did the other day :xfin I also wrapped my box for my drawing, I'm giving away a cervical pillow. And of course the entry forms say that I want more info about Pancheri Chiropractic :devil I have to run up to Sams in a bit. I'm going to pick up some candy for on the table....don't I know how to grab peoples attention. A shiny red box for a drawing and free candy :devil Oh boy!Very wise choices!!

Judy - I thinking my energy is starting to dwindle :eek Positive thought for ds' gf :D Have fun at your hair appt and I hope all goes well at the vet with Sparkie :hug

I posted above about Sparkie...

And I am back to beign a "bold" redhead. I told DH the othe rcolor (blond streaks, and brown) were so insipid he just needs time to get used to this color.

It's "me":lol:lol:lol

Did my running. Now working on more brochures since they take forever to print :sigh I'm going to start folding them in a bit. That's the easy part :lol

Linda - Glad to hear you continue making progress over there :hug

Faile - Great job :clap

Judy - I like red too :devil

Hi all,

Paradise was rough today- so after work I went to see Ryan who is now officially crawling- We tried on his new shades- and he was trying to get them off- but because they velcro around the back of his head, he couldn't. It was so funny! I spent about an hour with him and it was the perfect de-stresser!!

I like Red too Judy- hope all is ok with Sparkie!!

Marisa- Good luck- and love the idea of the candy and the prize to lure people in.

Val- Keeping your sis in my prayers. That stinks that she only had 1 year for full retirement!! Corporate America can be really ruthless!!

Linda- Hope you got to do the bare minimum today!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, That afghan your going to make GD is just beautiful. My ex-mil learned to play the piano by ear also. She is a great player. I keep asking her to play for Maya, but it hasn't only happened once and that was a couple of years ago. Maya loves music of any kind. If we lived closer I would take her for music lessons. It is offered for free on saturday mornings but I'm to far away and her Mom rarely gets a saturday off.

That's a bit to much to ask the daycare lady to do. My ex was a drummer and played guitar to. So music is in her genes.

Hope Sparkie gets better soon. I like red to.

Val, Your afghan is gorgeous! Sorry about your church friend. Prayers for your sister. Could she go to work for AT&T some where else for a year than retire.

Faile, :clap for the good results on your yarn. I would make something for you.

Linda, Hope your feeling better. You've been working to hard and to long. At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Glad you got your ss taken care of.

Cindy, Safe travels. Glad you and your sister have each other to do this with. :hug

Rebby, I had a light up hook & I used it in the car. It worked great. I was surprised. But I have either lost it or it is hibernating in project.

Marisa, You have been one busy girl. Has your Mom seen your SIL and niece? Good thinking a bright box for the drawing and candy. I hope tomorrows event brings in lots of new patients. If not right away maybe in a couple of weeks when they need you.

Mary, Hope you got some rest. Hope Gracie is feeling better to.

Joanne, Glad you had such a nice time with DD. A nice treat to yourself getting a pedicure. Hope paradise wasn't to hard on you today. :clap for a short work week for you.

A couple of weeks ago I was dreaming and I heard my cell phone ringing. I woke up and said to myself it can't be I shut it off. But I got up and checked it. It was off. I was dreaming I was being called because MIL was in the hospital. I didn't tell anyone. Monday morning I got a call MIL was going to the hospital. I get intution about things. She was in er the night before for the same thing. She has vertigo. Only tuesday she couldn't walk. BIL who goes to coffee with her went right in when she called him but he didn't follow her to the hospital. So SIL and I talked back and forth several times. SIL is an 1 1/2 hours away. She talked to the doctor he said she couldn't go home and be alone so they would admit her. So I got around and I went and sit with her most of the afternoon than came home. SIL came tuesday morning and it staying until noon tomorrow. SIL and MIL were out shopping this afternoon so she must be a lot better. They said in a couple of days she would be better. I didn't like the thought of her being at the hospital by herself. She was sleeping when I got there so I let her and went to the lounge and crocheted.

Today I went and seen Payton and Jocelyn. We had a really nice time. Jocelyn and I sat and talked well over an hour. I picked her 2 dresses, a shirt and a skirt for her birthday and she loved them.

Tomorrow is golf day again. I'm going to go see my cousins and my aunt. Two of my cousins live in TN and they come up every year near Mother's Day. The Eagles Club my aunt belongs to does a Mother/Daughter banquet. So the girls come home for it and once in awhile there sister from Colorado comes to.

I stopped at a garage sale today and picked up a flannel blanket. It's made of squares probably 5" or 6" squares. It's 9 squares by 10 squares. It'll be a nice blanket for Maya to use.

I'm off tonight. Have a nice thursday everyone!

Good morning!

Marlene- I 'm so happy that you got to see Jocelyn and Payton!!! You sure have been busy- Glad to hear that your MIL will be ok- must have been quite the scare. Thank goodness for crochet to help pass the time. Enjoy your time with the cousins! And Golf Day

Judy- Sorry about the Rangers loss- but I'll bet they win game 7 at the Garden on Saturday--and why wait so many days for game 7??? I watched the end of the Yankees game and Robertson blew the game! Going to be a long season without Mo to close out games!!!

Clock is ticking so off I go again, not because I want to, mind you, but because I have to!:lol:lol

'morning, peeps!

The sun is out today!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Hi all,

Paradise was rough today- so after work I went to see Ryan who is now officially crawling- We tried on his new shades- and he was trying to get them off- but because they velcro around the back of his head, he couldn't. It was so funny! I spent about an hour with him and it was the perfect de-stresser!!You must have been laughing yourself silly!!

I like Red too Judy-When I walked in the house after getting it done hubby's mouth dropped open...it is so different:lol hope all is ok with Sparkie!!Us, too - vet hasn't ruled out the need for an ultrasound (and neutering him:P) - Sparkie lifted his leg on the wall of the waiting room while we were talking - without missing a beat he glanced at the river running to the floor and said "Urine looks clear":lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Going back to work after such agreat time off is a super hard adjustment:hug

Judy- Sorry about the Rangers loss- but I'll bet they win game 7 at the Garden on Saturday--and why wait so many days for game 7??? I watched the end of the Yankees game and Robertson blew the game! Going to be a long season without Mo to close out games!!!

between the Rangers and the Yankees it was brutal last night! Oh, well, hopefully the crowd's support on Saturday with give the Rangers the support they need to get moving.

Have a good day my friends...thinking of all of you...Marlene, Cindy, Linda,Tab, Mary, Faille, rebby, Kelly and Kel - all of you:hug:manyheart

Archived