Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning folks

Cindy

Yes ,that is odd that you got out of any doc's office without them hitting you up for money. All my docs ask that before anything else. It sometimes gets irritating that they seem to care more about the money than what is wrong with the patient .

I do have a couple ones who are a little more polite than others. The lung guy has a really nice staff, they never ask for the money til the end of the visit .

The kidney guy isnt in our network, so we owe hime more than the others ,but he recently signed up to take a cut in pay (for my visits) ,because of the insurance we have and the company who runs his office .They have a deal worked out so he gets money,but not as much as before . They are pretty nice about the bills,too. They always tell me the Dr wants me to come in,even if I dont have our balance paid off ,he doesnt want me to go without medical care .

Our ER does a new thing now which I think is really stupid. Before, you went in, give them your insurance card and they bill you after receiving the insurance money . NOW, they treat you ,then on the way out, they ask how much of the bill you can pay that day,and they "prefer " that you pay it in full or charge it on your credit card. I think that is really tacky and told them so. Also told them we will continue as before,send the bill to insurance,we will pay our part.

The WORST Dr I have ever seen was the rheumatologist. They had a sign by the front window which stated if you have a co-pay it MUST be paid in full on date of service (which is fine, I always do that), but then it said if you DONT have insurance and DONT have the full amount of the visit, then cancel your appt and come back when you have all the money . SAD ... how many people arent getting medical care because they dont have the money ? Her office visit was 375 bucks .

Great idea to make up some charity items to get rid of your yarn extras .

Marlene

I kinda think people who had a difficult childhood might turn out to be better or tougher people in life,and they are able to handle what happens to them a little better than kids who were sheltered and pampered. We kinda had an odd upbringing. We were sheltered from things we shouldnt have been,therefore,not knowing how to deal with some issues in life ,but others, we werent really informed at all about how to handle tough times. We were left in the dark if there were any problems ,rather than being told,so we could see how you work through adversities .

It certainly sounds like you had a challenging life growing up,but the good side is that you are able to handle life now no matter what happens. You seem to just roll with it and do the best you can,no matter what. It also seems like you dont let anything get you down .

Marisa

I bet your hair color is pretty . Good luck on your date. I'm still hunting for the guy with the marshmallow fork,so maybe this date should be a picnic .THEN he might fit into the right category . I keep picturing you meeting a guy at a cookout, lots of people there ,someone who knows someone close to you that tags along to this thing ,and he does something a little KLUTZY ... like maybe dropping his drink ,or maybe his hotdog falls off in the fire ? I know it sounds stupid, but that is how I picture the person you meet who will be the ONE .

(* Sure wish I'd get this right so I know I might have some PSYCHIC ablilites,instead of just sounding like a PSYCHO . ):D

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Sunny and cool here at the moment. Today's plans are laundry and grocery shopping. I have a meeting at work later on today as well.

Joanne, hope your project starts to wind down soon. It would be awful if your entire summer was "ruined" by work!:lol I know you said it would probably go until September.

Julie, its the first doctors office I've ever been in that doesn't collect from you as you leave. I think they were supposed to, but they just watched the doctor walk me out, and didn't say a word.

Marlene, sending good thoughts for your family.

Good Morning, House! Yep, way behind again. :blush:) I won't even attempt to catch up with posts this time. ;) Lots going on right now - with the parents, of course and DH has had appointments where I need to drive.

Today is a good one, though! Luke has his Little Gym "graduation" at 9 this morning, so will be there for that. And we now know that Luke will be having a little brother! :c9

Have a wonderful day, House. :manyheart

morning peeps:hook

Hello again.

The eye doctor I saw today was new to me, (my old one retired), and he seemed very good. As long as I can see, I'm not too fussy! Funny thing though, when I registered, they told me payment was due at the time of the appointment, but when the Dr. was done with me, he walked me to the door and ushered me out. I was halfway home before I realized that I hadn't paid. Oh well, I have to go back to pick up my contacts, so I guess they will collect then.That's probably it...I use glasses...the idea of poking lenses in my eyes freaks me out:lol

The grandsons had a ball here today. They live in the city, and enjoy our property when they come over. They play in the woods, and roll down the hill in our front yard. They also enjoy riding their bikes on our long driveway and up and down all the hills around our house.

I'll bet YOU got a lot out of their visit - probably at least as much as they did....:manyheart

I made a premie afghan today and started another one. These will go to this charity. These are part of my effort to use up some of the little bits of yarn I have leftover from other projects.

That's a great cause -- if my neighbor didn't work in the NICU I would send to this cause... I forgot about neeing to use lightweight yarn, too - gives me an excuse to look for pretty baby stuff... WW gets boring after a while....

Judy, When I make tuna casserole. I boil a bag of store bought noodles according to the package. Drain. I drain 2 cans of tuna fish in water. I dump 1 can (reg soup size) of mushroom soup in pan I cooked the noodles in, add the tuna and the noodles and stir. Heat it up a little bit. Season with pepper and eat. I added peas to mine. Hubby don't like peas. Sometimes I have used two cans of mushroom soup, but most often one is enough. You don't add milk? The other night I didn't use all the noodles, I put some in a bowl on the side and I made me cold tuna casserole for last nights supper. I mixed noodles, 1/2 can of peas, miracle whip and some mustard. Boy was that good. That's the way I prefer it, but hubby likes it hot.DH doens;t like that cold either Some people even crush up potato chips and put them on top and bake it. I don't. That's a nice, quick idea!

Quick and easy!

Julie, I have always told people that I really think my Dad dieing when I was 14 and my Mom going to work when I was 16 it made me the person that I am today. I started being Mom to my younger siblings (7 of them). It wasn't easy either. I learned how to fix some things on cars, how to repair or fix things. And I'm a taurus so I think that makes me be stubborn enough that I won't let some things get me down. My baby brother is a Taurus - and VERY stubborn his whole life! H's 57 now.Some things I've been through I know that it is God who has helped me through them.I've seen that, too... I started out being a fighter when my brother and I were in the hospital for 88 days with bronichal pneumonia. I was 2 and he was 1. I had lung surgery when I was 11. My Mom is a strong lady for all she was dealt with at a young age. Thirty four a widow with 8 kids. So I learned a lot of it from her.

When I had the bells palsye I had to drink with a straw. A gf and I use to go out for coffee and I still went and drinked my coffee with a straw. I thought if I have to look like this people better get use to it.

All I can say is stay strongand believe in your self.

I know you posted this to Jules, but you have a lot to say to all of us here:manyheart

Gordy came home yesterday. I was surprised when I called there house and he answered. He has a portable defiberator. I'll have to go see him tomorrow and check that out. I've never seen one and don't any thing about one being portable. He goes back in 6-8 weeks and they should put a new defierator in.Good news!

I got a call from my BIL for two reasons. One he wanted to know if the fish were biting yet. Always around Memorial weekend. And the second was to tell me he has cancer. It's prostate cancer. That's all I know right now he goes back to the doctor thursday. We have to go up north to a memorial service so I won't call until friday. Please keep them in your prayers. His name is Rick and my sister is Rose. They don't have any insurance. I don't know what is going to happen. He was layed off from his job last fall and he carried the insurance through his work.

I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice wednesday!

Oh, biy - cancer:( Thoughts and prayers...we need health care in this country so no one will fall through the cracks!

HI all,

I just finished reading through all the posts and now it's time to start getting ready for Paradise- didn't have time to take any notes and there was lots to read!!

Off to get ready- even though I'm not posting as much as I'd like, I do try to keep up with what's going on. I've just been tired after work- it's sapping alot of my energy- and there's still lots of work left to do on the project!

Hugs to all!

You take care of yourself first! Hugs....:hug

Good Morning, House! Yep, way behind again. :blush:) I won't even attempt to catch up with posts this time. ;) Lots going on right now - with the parents, of course and DH has had appointments where I need to drive.

Today is a good one, though! Luke has his Little Gym "graduation" at 9 this morning, so will be there for that. And we now know that Luke will be having a little brother! :c9

awww...that's going to be so cute!!

Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

thank you all for your compliments :manyheart

Not much here this morning. Last night I worked on my graph ghan and this morning I have a patient between 9-9:30, she just comes after dropping off her son at daycare so she'll get here in that time frame. I also should have 2 new ones later that are friends, but one is the guy that was supposed to come in as my first patient!!!! So we'll see :shrug

My sister has her hair appt tonight so I'll meet her over there after I finish with the 2 patients later. That's about it for today :think

Judy - I love your red hair :yes I try to keep mine darker because it's naturally dark brown with some red highlights and I don't like seeing the roots come through :lol

Christi - I hope all is going well in your neck of the woods :hug

Cindy - I go to America's Best and they collect at the end as well, but you're right...you have to go back for your contacts anyways so I'm sure they'll hit you up then :yes I wear both contacts and glasses. Great idea with the preemie ghans using scraps.

Marlene - Oh boy, sending prayers for you BIL and his prostate cancer. My uncle has it and gets injections a couple times a year. Maybe your BIL can apply for state assistance? :think Your tuna casserole sounds wonderful and good news about Gordy coming home, I hope he's feeling better :xfin:hug

Joanne - This project sure does have you tapped out, I sure hope you're able to be finding some 'me' time as well :hug

Julie - I'll still be keeping my eye out for marshmallow boy :lol I always collect after the visit if there's a copay, but sometimes it's a percentage that the patient is responsible for and it's not a percentage of what I charge, but of what the insurance feels is an allowable amount for a particular service. It changes with each company as well as each plan within each company so I don't really know the patient's responsibility until I hear back from the insurance :shrug

Mary - Luke's little graduation is going to be sooo cute! I hope you have some pics to share when you return :yes Does he know he's going to be a big brother yet?

Good morning everyone. We had lots of thunder last night but I don't know if it actually rained or not. It's supposed to get into the 90's here this weekend. John has the "For Sale" sign up now.

Our garage fridge died this week so someone is coming to tote it off this morning. That will free up space in the garage for boxes or some such.

I finished up a prayer shawl and two preemie blankets this weekend and started another prayer shawl in Mountain Sky Homespun last night. It's a beautiful shade of subtlely variegated bright blues. I think it's a new color since I haven't seen it before.

Well ladies, here is my mcal ghan that I finally finished over the weekend :yay

That turned out just great! :clap:clap:clap

Off to get ready- even though I'm not posting as much as I'd like, I do try to keep up with what's going on. I've just been tired after work- it's sapping alot of my energy- and there's still lots of work left to do on the project!

Hugs to all!

Hope you get some "me" time this weekend. Take it easy when you can.

Gordy came home yesterday. I was surprised when I called there house and he answered. He has a portable defiberator. I'll have to go see him tomorrow and check that out. I've never seen one and don't any thing about one being portable. He goes back in 6-8 weeks and they should put a new defibrillator in.

It's just a little pack that they either wear on a cord around their neck or in their pocket. Hope he does well and that the next one they put in.

I got a call from my BIL for two reasons. One he wanted to know if the fish were biting yet. Always around Memorial weekend. And the second was to tell me he has cancer. It's prostate cancer. That's all I know right now he goes back to the doctor thursday. We have to go up north to a memorial service so I won't call until friday. Please keep them in your prayers. His name is Rick and my sister is Rose. They don't have any insurance. I don't know what is going to happen. He was layed off from his job last fall and he carried the insurance through his work.

I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice wednesday!

:hug :hug :hug Prayers going up for Rick and Rose. It's the pits being without health insurance. I know! I got good news yesterday. The hospital has written off the bill for the MRI of my head as a one time courtesy. Hallelujah! That's $2,400+ that I don't have to figure out how to pay. The last time I checked out getting health insurance they either wanted half of my monthly income or wouldn't even consider me because I'm on insulin for my diabetes.

Have a wonderful day. The graduation sounds like a lot of fun.

Catch you when I can. :manyheart

I went with the cranberry color and I'm doing hdc's in a solid ghan. I hate doing them in sc, takes too long and is too boring :lol

I know. The football field is in singles. I never thought about making it hdc...just followed the pattern. Trust me, next time...hdcs:lol.

Good morning Housemates!

ChristiG - Try Barnes & Noble or Books-A-Million. I'm sure there is somewhere to have a group meet without having to teach a class.

Cindy - Will we get pictures of your ghan? I know they're beautiful.

Marlene - My cousin only has 1 brother left and his dad. The brother is not trustworth...on drugs. I don't know that status of his relationship with his dad. Praying for Rose and Rick! :hug

Joanne - :hug. I know you said this project is going on until September. Therefore, you must make sure you are getting some relaxation on your off days. When is the next game betweeen the Rangers and the Devils?

Mary - Have fun at Luke's graduation. Congrats on another gs. How is DD feeling these days? Praying for your parents and strength for you.

Linda - Your projects sound beautiful. Are you going to post pictures?

I'm going to work on the ghans I have going. Still weaving ends on the houndstooth. I haven't worked on it everyday...hate weaving ends!

Sending :hug:hug:hugto all you housemates and hope that everyone is having a great day!

I know. The football field is in singles. I never thought about making it hdc...just followed the pattern. Trust me, next time...hdcs:lol.

My first graph I did in dc's and it was too much although still looked good because my picture was a little squished vertically so it kind of rounded it out. But the 2nd I did in hdc and it worked out well :yes

hi, peeps

Had the AC on today - too humid and just over 80:P

Sparkie went for a recheck with the vet and he seems to be doing great.:D

Going to see Phyllis tomorrow...Dunkin Donuts for our meetup.

I actually had my knitting needles out today and played with a dishcloth I started way back. Just the knit stitch, but it's a bright variegated, and it was something different to work on for a bit.:hook

Joanne, Devils and Rangers tonight!!!

have a good one, my friends!:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

I'm home on my iPad relaxing waiting for the devils game to begin!!!!

The project will last beyond sept I'm afraid. I'm trying to keep it together and wish I was about 20 years younger some days.

Judy have fun at your meet up with Phyllis tomorrow. So jealous that the two of you can meet up during the week!!! Gameis ready to start. Be back in the AM

Valerie...wish I had a barnes and noble or any thing similar around. I live way out in the country. 20 miles from Coldwater,MI...and that's where I can't find any groups

Missing posts i know...have been up all night...well since two am. Youngest daughter called with a massive migraine...had to take her to ER for a shot. Then had to work...blah

Good morning!!!

Up at the crack of dawn to go into work early to prepare for an early afternoon meeting. Can't wait for this week to be over.

On a happier note---my Devils beat the Rangers!!! (sorry Judy) What a game!!!! Game 6 tomorrow night!

Marisa- Thought of you when I read that the 76'ers beat the Celtics last night! Do you miss going to the Sixers games?

Judy and Phyllis- Have fun at your meet up today!

Hope you all have a good day!

Hi guys

Quick check in this AM. Been busy getting things piled up to pack,so not much time. Cam is also coming after school for supper and to spend the night. We'll drop him at school in the morning then .

Mary

I bet that little graduation for all the tiny kids was so cute yesterday !

Hope life calms down for you soon .

Joanne

Same for you, I hope your job situation gets done with asap. It seems like they have really given you a lot of hours lately . You'll probably be so glad when it 's done .

Jude & Phyllis

Have fun this AM -- EAT A DONUT . :D

Christi

Sounds like you had a rough night. Hope you get some time today to take a little nap .

Marisa

Keep working on that afghan ! You'll get it done ! Also, I bet it is a little confusing when you are dealing with patients and multiple insurances, having to know which ones pay what,what their copays are, etc . We have a pretty good deal on the office visits, it's tests and meds that are the worst for us, especially the meds. WOW .

Val

Bet it 's getting hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk down there . It's about that hot up here .

Linda

Sounds like the moving process is under way if the sign is up. You'll probably get a few bites, even is some are just nosey people wanting to look thru . I hope they sell it and get moved soon . If they are unable to sell, they may be there a long while yet . Houses up here are starting to sell a bit quicker than before. Lots of really nice homes were empty for a couple years before being boughten . Would have been a great time to move up a little bit more,but we are both satisfied with the house we have,so no reason to move again. I would move every year if I could just because it's so much fun to move into a new place and paint and fix it like you want it,but the older Iget,the less steam I have,so it doesnt sound quite as fun as it once did .

Marlene

Your life growing up sounds a lot like Steph's mom's was. Her mother passed away when she was a kid ( I think 10) ,and she was the oldest,so had all the siblings to look after. She had to cook and clean and do all the other duties that their mom would have done,so she has turned out to be really able to handle life and very tough,but also very kind and willing to help anyone out.

I ran out of comments-- cant remember who else posted recently .. will try to stop in later today if I can . Gotta get a shower and get a move on before the heat sets in. Gonna be a scorcher !

'morning!

Up at the crack of dawn to go into work early to prepare for an early afternoon meeting. Can't wait for this week to be over.

I don't think you're being paid enough:(

On a happier note---my Devils beat the Rangers!!! (sorry Judy) What a game!!!! Game 6 tomorrow night!

It was something else - and when the second period (I think) was getting ready to start, and the score was already 3-2 Devils, hubby asked me if I thought the Rangers could come back. Without missinga beat I said: they'll score within the first minute.

I was off by 45 seconds - they scored the tying goal in 15 seconds as you saw! Hubby turned and just looked at me, his mouth open.:lol:lol:lol Sometimes I just know things...;)

Judy and Phyllis- Have fun at your meet up today!

Hope you all have a good day!

We will! I hope work isn't too stressful for you:hug:manyheart

Quick check in this AM. Been busy getting things piled up to pack,so not much time. How exciting!:clapCam is also coming after school for supper and to spend the night. We'll drop him at school in the morning then . That'll be nice for you guys:c9

Jude & Phyllis

Have fun this AM -- EAT A DONUT . :D

In your honor I'll just have to force myself to do that:lol:lol:lol:lol

Gotta get a shower and get a move on before the heat sets in. Gonna be a scorcher !

Get all Cam's favorites in! Becareful and drink your water...

BBL, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Good morning. Sunny and pleasant at the moment, but dh says its supposed to get up to 90 today. More laundry and housework on my agenda today.

I finished another premie blanket last night, a round ripple this time. Every time I make one of those, I remember that I don't like making them. It takes so long to go around after a while and it is so boring. Maybe I'll do hats next, they can be boring, but at least a baby hat is quick!

Judy, enjoy your meeting with Phyllis.

Good morning housemates!

Marisa - Cranberry was a good choice!!! I'll probably use it on my next order. I always use it with the hats and scarfs.

ChristiG - I'm sorry there's nothing close by. Someone mentioned checking the "Ville." A while back, I surfed through th CALs and found one for Alabamians meeting up. If you can't find one, start one. How's your daughter. Migraines are bummers!

Judy - Enjoy your outing with Phyllis. I'm sorry the Rangers lost.

Julie - Yes, it hot down here. The temp is suppose to go into the 90s this weekend. My cousin finished her Masters degree in Nursing and her birthday is on Sunday. We're having a big bash at her house...I'll be on the inside:lol:D. Have fun with Cam tonight. Enjoy your family reunion...I know they will because you will be there.

Cindy - You must put up pictures!!

Have a great day...back to weaving ends!!!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Marisa ~ Your mcal afghan is gorgeous and the border is just perfect! :clap Looking forward to seeing your hdc graph ghan, too. I don't think Luke understands what a little brother is. :lol Around mid-October, his whole life sure will be different, though. ;)

Linda ~ The Homespun color sounds so pretty - I'm so glad you're finally getting to crochet a little!:hook Hopefully things won't be too hectic with the house on the market. :hug

Valerie ~ Thank you for asking about DD. She's doing well and is in her 17th week now. Good luck with weaving all those ends...sometimes I think it's relaxing! (Other times, it drives me nuts. :D)

Joanne ~ I hope you can plan a very long vacation when this project is over. :hug

Cindy ~ Stay cool! That seems so wrong for you to be having 90 degree weather in May!

The phone rang twice and I didn't want to lose my post. :)

Julie ~ Oh, I'll bet you have lots to pack for the reunion! 'Hope there will be room for Sam in the car. :lol Enjoy your evening with Cam. Yes, watching 12 two-year olds at Little Gym is the best entertainment there is! The staff is wonderful and the kids learn, but it's all "fun" learning.

Judy ~ That's such good news about Sparkie! :manyheart I hope you and Phyllis have had a wonderful morning. :)

Hi Christi ~ I hope your daughter is much better and that you can squeeze in some rest time.

Hi to anyone I've missed. Have a great day, everyone. :ghug

Archived