Our House Part Two

JulieKay

HI all,

Had a good day- DH and I went to a cafe that has jazz music on Sunday's and I sat and crocheted! He was on his iPad and we enjoyed lunch and coffee. Now I'm home and finally doing the laundry!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy - How's things with the DS and new girlfriend?

I haven't seen them...I believe my son is "committment-phobic" so I'm not anticipating that anything will come of this relationship. It's a shame because all of the young women we've met are very nice and the nurturing type.

What is everybody doing today?

We were watching babsebal and golf - after our morning's excursion to the boardwalk at Belmar. It was actually a little cool ther with the breeze coming off the ocean.

We have T/storms outside right now!

I have to take down 9 rows on the blue and gold ghan...started the 4th letter on the opposite side. Always stop crocheting when you're tired. I could have at least finished 2 more letters...now I still have 3 to do. Don't know if I'll touch it today or not. I'm still trying to decide!

Have a great day everyone!

BBL!

Oh, when making a graph ghan definitely stop when you're tired or distracted!

Hi House! :)

Judy ~ Lucy is beautiful! I think she's the first "cover girl" I actually know! :lol

:D

I am bored but don't want to do the things I need to do.

Been there!:D

HI all,

Had a good day- DH and I went to a cafe that has jazz music on Sunday's and I sat and crocheted! He was on his iPad and we enjoyed lunch and coffee. Now I'm home and finally doing the laundry!

How nice!!

Off I go for the night - looking forward to hearing about Julie's reunion!!

Have a good one, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning and welcome to Monday!

Hope everyone has a good day- and can't wait to hear about Julie's reunion and Marisa's excursion to Tampa. I think Marisa doesn't come back till tomorrow though (??)

Val- Did you opt to forego any crocheting for the rest of the day?

I'd better get ready- it's going to be a very, very busy week in Paradise. Tonight is the Devils game and I'm afraid if they lose, like Judy said, the Kings will sweep the series.

I am going to try to make craft club tonight- I've missed it the past few weeks! And I miss seeing the group!

Make it a good day everyone!

'morning, Cindy, Joanne, Val, Mary, Marlene...all the peeps!

Dreary morning here, but cool, thank goodness!

Food store run this AM for a couple of things but nothing big on the agenda.

Joanne, I hope you get to go to craft club!

Have a good day everone and will BBL!:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. It's raining out today. John took the puppies in to be groomed this morning and will be gone most of the day getting the car ready for their trip to Panama City Beach this weekend. So I'm taking care of Kim today like normal. They'll spend a week at their time-share and then another week at Twin Lakes, Georgia with Kim's family.

Sorry I'm so terrible at checking in, but I thought you'd like to see what I've been doing. These will all be going to Project Linus. My kids are getting worried that I seem to have babies on the brain.:D

Beautiful blankets, Phyllis! :clap:clap:clap:clap I've got a twin-sized quilt in primary and secondary colors mapped out for Project Linus and have bought the material for it too. Probably won't get to it until well after the move though.

Linda- Enjoy your time shopping with Rosie- and part of me hopes the power wash guy didn't show up today! Just to get at John!

The guys showed up on Friday to power wash the house and did a good job. They wanted to know when the bushes in front would be trimmed so they could paint. Can't do it with them leaning against the side of the house. Called Joey (the yard guy) who was on vacation and out of town. His brother was also out of town. So guess who got to do the trimming? ME! Spent an hour at it and had the stuff out of their way and a lot of dead stuff trimmed out too. Did NOT lug the stuff to the curb or stack it up. This on top of the normal Friday things to do and a bunch of extra stuff John wanted done. John cleared the stuff away when he got home and did a little more trimming of dead stuff. They came back painted the house on Sunday.

My good friend from work passed her nursing boards!! I'm so happy for her. She's worked so hard these past 5 years- going to nursing school at night and working full time in Paradise! It made my day!!!

Congratulations to your friend on passing the boards!!!! :clap:clap:clap

For those not on FB, Lucy's pic was randomly chosen on the Chet the Dog FB page - she'll be the cover girl for the month and I get an autographed copy of one of the author's earlier "Chet" books:D

BBL!

Congratulations to Lucy and to you!!!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Mary - My joints were fine this morning. I use to wake up with them swollen and hurting almost everyday. I think it stopped because I'd started taking advil regularly. I haven't taken any in while and with the increased crocheting, I guess the inflammation flaired up. There's a little soreness in the joints but I didn't have any pain this morning. The only blanket with a date is the first order for a Bama ghan (August). My cousin gave me the order from one of her customers but failed to tell me she was on fixed income so I've had to start a small ghan. The Houndstooth is complete and was due this month but they had to postpone the party and will pick it up at the end of this month. The latest order has no due date but the customer will take it as soon as I get it done. Her niece had a hard first year of college and very little family support. She is giving her the blanket as an encouragement gift. I'll get back to the Bama football field ghan after I complete the 2 orders. I think we're going to raffle it off during football season unless someone is willing to pay the price of it's worth.

All your orders sound great.

Joanne - I'd been having pain for a while and I think I got it under control when taking advil. I haven't taken any in a while so that combined with the extra crocheting is probably what caused the flair up. I'm glad you going to take it easy this weekend. Congrats on your co-workers success. Hope your Devils win tonight!

Ibuprofen always worked the best for my arthritis, too. Glad it's improving.

My best friend from Bama drove over yesterday. We spent the afternoon at my sister's house before she and her kids drove back home. I spent the evening with 2 of my sisters, my niece and my great niece. We had dinner and I didn't get home until after 11 pm.

Sounds like a wonderful time.

Well, I'm going to do a little cleaning and back to hooking. Have a great day everybody!

To you too.

Here are some of the projects that I've recently finished:

The baby blanket for my DD's sister-in-laws twin girl to be, a blue shawl for me that I made out of the Queensland Rustic DK yarn I bought in Boston, a purple shawl made from Valley Yarns Superwash (I used the York Shawlette pattern by Anastacia Zittel for both ) and the Stash Basket out of good ole' RHSS. (pattern by Purl Soho)

Beautiful!!!! :clap:clap:clap

this is the picture I sent the FB contest

Adorable! No wonder she won.

I have to take down 9 rows on the blue and gold ghan...started the 4th letter on the opposite side. Always stop crocheting when you're tired. I could have at least finished 2 more letters...now I still have 3 to do. Don't know if I'll touch it today or not. I'm still trying to decide!

BBL!

So sorry you had to make a trip to the frog pond. :hug

Went garage saling with Rosie and Sherri on Saturday. The first stop was MY stop. Got a beautiful area rug for the living room in purple, lavendar, and light green for $15. Got another blanket in loud print and colors for $7, an oriental tea set for $5, and an small turquoise rug to put under Grandma's treadle sewing machine for $1. Got a book by Dan Brown and another by Clive Cussler at another stop. Got a small Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner for $5 at another place. A big ceramic plant pot for my deck or patio for $5. I'll be planting herbs in it. And last but not least, 20 skeins of yarn in 2 different colors for making prayer shawls for $10 as well as recruiting the lady for the prayer shawl group. Too bad John couldn't be happy for me. :( He just saw it all as more things to pack. I didn't even show him most of it. Why bother? He wouldn't like it anyway. Not his colors or choices.

He found a new product to use on the walls and woodwork to get rid of marks on them. I had to do the downstairs before I could leave the house, so I just hibernated yesterday and read books and snuggled with Sweet Pea until evening when I finally tackled the downstairs. Really irritated my knee and shoulder but got it done and he was pleased. Goody. :blush

We had a doozy of a thunder and lightning storm last night in the middle of the night. It woke me up! Some of the thunder seemed to shake the whole house and was close, following immediately upon the lightning. And lots and lots of heavy rain.

Have a good day all. :hug:manyheart:hug

Good morning/afternoon Housemates!

Joanne - Your Sunday afternoon had to be wonderfully relaxing. I decided to get the frogging over with. It was not as bad as I thought and I did get some crocheting done. I'm glad I did. Hope your Devils win tonight and that you get to go to Craft Club.

Judy - Your Sunday was nice as well. We're getting rain today and it's cool here as well.

Cindy - Hope you're having a great day.

Linda - Hang in there. It's almost over. Your new purchases sound really pretty.

Julie & Marisa - I'm excited about hearing about each of your trips. I love reading your post. You both have been missed.

Marlene, Mary and the rest of the house mates...have a great day!

Going to work on the ghan.

Happy Monday, House! I logged in about 9 and am finally posting. :lol A neighbor asked me to follow her to the car dealer and bring her home...then we visited for a while. :)

Valerie ~ Yay for getting the frogging out of the way! I hate it when that happens, but you're back on your way now. :crocheting I've been hungry for pot roast ever since you posted yesterday. :lol

Joanne ~ 'Hope you're able to go to craft club tonight!

Judy ~ Oh, how great to have a cool morning. We're definitely in summer mode now and I'm not looking forward to it. Are you working on anything since finishing the "crayons" afghan?

Linda ~ You found some great things at fantastic prices! :clap Have you started to pack for your trip yet? Joy and Ayden must be so excited about your visit!

Hi and Hugs to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

DH will be gone until Thursday, so I hope to have some real crochet time this week.:D Of course, I need to do some serious cleaning, too. We've started cutting back on formula feedings for little bird (from five to three times/day). He's eating seed and drinking water, but is still very small. Hopefully, he'll be ready to release in about 2 weeks. :)

Linda, what wonderful colors you've picked out! They're all so cheerful!!!!!

...and put in your earplugs next time. He will never give you any positive feedback now that you're staying back there. He's obviously quite p****d off about it!

Mary, I've been working on a thick blankie for Miss Lucy. 2 strands of Pounders (Iris and bright pink) in the textured st. They're 14 inches w/out the border and nice and cushy.

I decided on squares in case she chews a hole somewhere. Easier for me to fix. I'm working on square 6 right now. I think I'll use another combo of colors to make a deep border for each square so it comes out a nice size. She DOES like to stretch out!

Have a good night everyone.:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Your sunday with hubby sounded like a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Judy, Your sunday with hubby sounded like a nice way to spend the day.

Val, Sorry you had to frog. Being tired will get us every time.

Mary, Hope you get some crocheting time in and enjoy some alone time while hubby is gone.

Linda, Great finds at the garage sales along with good prices.

The headaches went away but today on and off I feel it. Saturday I decided to stretch my neck and see if that helped. And it was instant relief. I didn't think it was my neck as it was bothering me like it usually does when I get a headache.

Granduation was nice and quick yesterday. SD's Mom wasn't able to be there she is isn't feeling well. Talking to SD today I found out her Mom is doing chemo. After some testing they said the cancer is still there. She has bone cancer in different parts of her body. SD is upset and scared she is an only child. Her brother died from a car accident when he was 7. This week is the aniversary of his death to so that probably doesn't help any. Will you add them to your prayers please? SD's name is Tisa and her Mom is Linda. Thanks!

Today I called the doctors office to find out why we hadn't heard about are appt to the UofM doctor. The nurse calls me back and said the lady was out last week so give her a week. I'm thinking it's already been two weeks. But I said if I had the number I could call myself. She said she could get it and I could call. So I did and they had a cancellation and he have to be there at 8:30am and it's a 2 1/2 hour drive so were leaving at 5:30am. Early to bed and early to rise. Coffee is already for morning when I get up, but I do that every night. I'll let you know what the doctor said after we get home.

Today is Maya's birthday she is 6 today. She called this morning. Were chatting along and she finally said aren't you going to say something to me. I said ya, happy birthday. She said sing me a song. I start with row, row, row your boat, she laughs and said no not that one. I did it 3 more times and she laughs. She kept saying it starts with an "h" so I sing hop, hop, hop then happy, happy, happy. Then I sang happy birthday to her.

She called again tonight and said so many people said "happy birthday to me today". It was cute.

Have a nice tuesday (tomorrow).

Good evening all. I had a lazy day today, In fact Is at outside on the deck and read all day. I finished three books. None of them were long, each was only a round 125 pages. Tomorrow I will have to get off my backside and do something!

Marlene, I'm glad dh can get into the dr so quickly. Cute story about Maya. Glad your headache is better today.

Linda, I agree with Judy, I think John is just upset that you are getting out from under. I hope youa re going to show us pictures of your new place when you get it set up. it sounds like its going to be great.

Val, hope that afghan is coming along better now!

Mary, hope you get a lot accomplished while dh is away.

Joanne, did you make it to craft club?

Wonder if Julie is home yet?

*** I just saw that there will be down time sometime Tuesday morning for a server update. (Board Announcements)

Judy ~ Oh yes! Lucy definitely needs her own blankie! :dog I guess it's going to be pretty big!? ;)

Marlene ~ Sending prayers for your SD and her mom. :hug I hope the doctors of U of M can help your DH...please keep us updated.

Happy Birthday to Maya! :cake

Cindy ~ Reading on your deck sounds like a perfect way to spend the day!

I accomplished quite a bit today and have been crocheting this evening. The baby ripple is back on my hook. :crocheting Gracie, Zoe and little bird are all settled in, and I'm not far behind! See you all tomorrow. :)

Quick stop in to wish you all a good Tuesday!

I read all the posts and enjoyed hearing what everyone has been up to!

I DID go to craft club last night and had a wonderful time!! It was good to see everyone again! I finished up a wrap I was making with the new Vanna's colors yarn. One of the ladies is making a scrap afghan and it's really coming along beautifully! Think I may just start working on myself!

Watched part of the Devils game (they lost again) and didn't even stay up to see the bitter end! Not our year, I'm afraid!

Will try and post some more tonight when I get home!

Hugs to all!

Howdy ladies

Thought I'd drop in quick to tell you we made it home. Yesterday was spent unloading the car, catching up on laundry ,putting things away,, getting our mail, mailing bills, etc,so I was busy til bedtime.

Anyhow,havent yet had the chance to read through posts to catch up on anything I missed .

Our trip was nice. We had 37 at the motel .Had a great time visiting with them all. Some of them brought their friends which made it fun getting to meet some new people ,along with all the regulars . It was great to see them all . Friday it POURED the rain,but me and some of the kids went out stomping in the mudpuddles while it was raining,so we had fun doing that.

We had nice weather for the other days and had a huge picnic with tons of food.

They all went and got us a CAKE for our anniversary ,plus ballons and a card everyone signed .It was a real surprise .

We played bingo Saturday night for prizes and everyone went home with a bunch.

The kids did their sparklers that night.Plus the younger crowd did some dancing. They got me up to do the TWIST with them ,which was pretty funny. I'm a little too old and big to twist,but I did my best . We had a smaller group on sunday at the dinner than usual. I think we had around 65 or 70. I tried to count but its hard if everyone is moving around all the time.

Anyhow, it was a real nice trip and so nice to see everyone.

Hope all of you are doing well. I'll check in again later when I have more time to catch up with everyone's posts .

Jules................welcome back ! We missed you!!:hug

Looks like you had a terrific time...even in the mud!

The headaches went away but today on and off I feel it. Saturday I decided to stretch my neck and see if that helped. And it was instant relief. I didn't think it was my neck as it was bothering me like it usually does when I get a headache. Sometimes when I get sinus headaches and move my neck at a certain angle it helps, too!

Granduation was nice and quick yesterday. SD's Mom wasn't able to be there she is isn't feeling well. Talking to SD today I found out her Mom is doing chemo. After some testing they said the cancer is still there. She has bone cancer in different parts of her body. SD is upset and scared she is an only child. Her brother died from a car accident when he was 7. This week is the aniversary of his death to so that probably doesn't help any. Will you add them to your prayers please? SD's name is Tisa and her Mom is Linda. Thanks!They'll be on my prayer list...

Today I called the doctors office to find out why we hadn't heard about are appt to the UofM doctor. The nurse calls me back and said the lady was out last week so give her a week. I'm thinking it's already been two weeks. But I said if I had the number I could call myself. She said she could get it and I could call. So I did and they had a cancellation and he have to be there at 8:30am and it's a 2 1/2 hour drive so were leaving at 5:30am. Early to bed and early to rise. Coffee is already for morning when I get up, but I do that every night. I'll let you know what the doctor said after we get home.I hope you get some answers:hug

Today is Maya's birthday she is 6 today. She called this morning. Were chatting along and she finally said aren't you going to say something to me. I said ya, happy birthday. She said sing me a song. I start with row, row, row your boat, she laughs and said no not that one. I did it 3 more times and she laughs. She kept saying it starts with an "h" so I sing hop, hop, hop then happy, happy, happy. Then I sang happy birthday to her.

She called again tonight and said so many people said "happy birthday to me today". It was cute.

Have a nice tuesday (tomorrow).

Maya is just too sweet:c9

*** I just saw that there will be down time sometime Tuesday morning for a server update. (Board Announcements)

Thanks - still here so far - maybe it was earlier?

Judy ~ Oh yes! Lucy definitely needs her own blankie! :dog I guess it's going to be pretty big!? ;)

Yup:lol

Cindy ~ Reading on your deck sounds like a perfect way to spend the day! Me, too - I was a bit envious. ;)

I accomplished quite a bit today and have been crocheting this evening. The baby ripple is back on my hook. :crocheting Gracie, Zoe and little bird are all settled in, and I'm not far behind! See you all tomorrow. :)

Sounds like you're organized!

Good Morning Ladies,

Just coming into tell Joanne the coffee is on. Have a nice day everyone!

Safe trip!

Quick stop in to wish you all a good Tuesday!

I read all the posts and enjoyed hearing what everyone has been up to!

I DID go to craft club last night and had a wonderful time!! It was good to see everyone again! I finished up a wrap I was making with the new Vanna's colors yarn. One of the ladies is making a scrap afghan and it's really coming along beautifully! Think I may just start working on myself!That's great!

Watched part of the Devils game (they lost again) and didn't even stay up to see the bitter end! Not our year, I'm afraid!

Will try and post some more tonight when I get home!

Hugs to all!

Sorry about the team...but there are years it's like that.

We went to sleep early, too - caught up on all our lost sleep :lol

Off to WW this AM and then a recon trip to Verizon to see about the deals Seniors have:P

Good afternoon Housemates!

Mary - The pot roast was delicious and we finished it off yesterday. That's one of those meals we have the leftovers the very next day because it's sooo good. I'm glad you got some hooking time in. We want pictures when you finish.

Judy - Lucy's blanket sounds beautiful. She is such a lucky dog. Hope you did well at WW.

Marlene - Happy belated Birthday to Maya! How is your headache? I hope all went well with dh. Lifting your SD and her mom up in prayer.

Cindy - A lazy day was probably what you needed. Your day sounds wonderful.

Joanne - Sorry the Devils lost. Glad you went to craft club and enjoyed it. Hope your day in paradise is going well for you.

Julie - WELCOME HOME!!!! You were truly missed. Happy Belated Anniversary! Your family reunion sound like it was tons of fun. How's your health. I know all that love and fun made you feel a lot better.

I've gotten pass the frogging point and finished the K. I only have the C and A t complete and then the edging. I'm going to do as much as I can. I want to be done with this one.

Have a good day all!

BBL!

Hi House. :waving I hope everyone is having a good day!

Julie - Hi! Your week away sounds wonderful and you sure had a great turn out! We're glad you're back.:manyheart

Joanne ~ Glad you made it to craft club last night! Way to go on another finished project. :hook

Hi to the rest of Our House, too. :)

Gracie is back home from the groomers and the plumber just left. We had two of four outside faucets replaced - what an exciting way to spend money. :rolleyes Better get something on my list done, so I can crochet again later. :D

Val, maintenance is working well for me with WW:)

We had two of four outside faucets replaced - what an exciting way to spend money. :rolleyes Better get something on my list done, so I can crochet again later. :D

Don't you wish you had a kid who was a plumber? We sure do:lol

Yankees are on soon...:D

Have a great night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Welcome home Julie!! Sounds like a good time was had by all, despite the rainy day- but even that sounds like fun playing in the mud!

I had an extremely busy day- and more of the same tomorrow- meetings ALL day! Its a wonder I have any brain cells left when I come home!

Going to go join Judy watching the Yankees! (figuratively speaking, that is)

Morning all

Still trying to get caught up on things ,so not totally back in the groove yet ,but hopefully I'll finish up today . I told Cam we'd try to have him up more days this summer,so gotta get everything done so he can come up soon .

Jude

Thanks for the welcome .. it's good to be home,even though it was nice to get away for a bit .

How's the blankie for Lucy coming ? Did you say it was the Flannelghan pattern or another one ?

Hi Val

Thanks for the well wishes for the anniversary .It seems so strange that we have been married that long ! We met when we were 14,so we've known each other for 40 years .Seems odd that we were both a couple of skinny kids ,and we have grown up and grown old together .

It sounds like you are in the Home Stretch for the afghan ! Hope you get it done soon so you can start the next . :)

Hi Mary

Thanks -- I know about the boring days of house repairs and such .. and it IS kinda frustrating to have to spend that much money on something boring like a piece of pipe or some thing like that .

What are you working on now, a blankie for the new babe ? Do they have any ideas for names yet or still too early to decide ?

Marlene

A Happy Belated Birthday to Maya ! Hope your visit to the doc goes well and you get some answers .

Hi Joanne

It DOES sound like meetings all day would be a bore. Sam has those days where he has meetings the entire day. He says they are pretty mind-numbing,especially when they are all right in a row .

Still havent had the chance to read back thru what I missed in here . Will just say hello to the others -- Linda is proably getting ready for her trip, or already is on her way.

I think Marisa was gonna be gone too for awhile,so she's probably already gone now too. Hope they both have a fun time .

Will check in again soon --

Good morning!

Mary- Happy to hear that you had time with DD and Luke!

Marlene- Belated Happy Birthday to Maya and hoping that you and DH got some answers at the appointment yesterday!

Julie- Thats great to hear that you will having Cam a bit over the summer! How is your breathing doing? Belated Happy Anniversary!!! I agree with Sam, meetings do get to be mind numbing after a while!

Marisa- Think you are back home today! Welcome Home!!!

Off to get ready for another fun one in Paradise!

Hi Ladies, Just a quick note here going to go to court with DS today. He has parenting complaints that were filed on the ex (18). She taught him well about those and now it's coming back to bite her. She should know better. He does tell her that's okay I'll just file a parenting complaint. She tries everything she can to set him off and he is controling him self. And to see when he is getting the rest of his stuff that he should of already returned. I'm going along in case the judge wants to ask if I seen the stuff in the house since when he asked about some things her response was I don't know what your talking about. Things that mean something to us. His Grandpa's banjo, his Grandpa's flag, his bilogical dad's flag, his Dad's paintings and etc. Plus a report from 2 counselors and the school principal. Wish are in my sons favor.

Hubby's doctor visit went well. New doctors and very through lots of questions and I had the answers. I go prepared. I take all the reports from tests done and other doctor visits with us. There going to do 2 test first to see if liquid or food is getting back in to the esphogus and the other test to see if the wrap is in tact or not and if it is there is it working. So in two weeks we go back and one test is a 24 hour study so we go back the next day. Depending on these results if they do a third test.

I have to go now. Have a great day everyone! I'll catch up later.

Welcome home Julie!

Archived