Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi everyone. :)

Marisa ~ Your vacation with family sounds fantastic! Yay for another new patient. :clap

Luke is having his first swimming lesson this a.m. and then DD will bring him here. We'll have him till tomorrow afternoon. :) DH got home last night and was thrilled with the pot roast!

I have 10 or 11 more rows left on the baby ripple.:hook

Can't wait to see the ripple :bounce Does Luke like the water? I hope he does well at his lessons :xfin

And I'm now up to 25 patients! :clap:yay Remember when I just got my 1st :lol

Marisa ~ So sorry about your Quick Books.:hug We used it when we had our company, but that was 10 years ago...I hope you get it figured out. I agree about the cost of tech support!:(

Thanks

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. The flight was smooth and we actually got in early. It was sooo good to see my DD and give her a real hug. We pick up GS tonight and will have him all next week, then he goes back to his dad's for the second week. I added a bunch of rows to the tunisian crochet piece while at the airports yesterday. It is basically mindless, but also very boring. 36 rows done out a 190. But if I work on it a little at a time I'll eventually get there.

I'm going to look for a different pattern to make with some light weight yarn that DD can't work with. It's wool and makes her itch and burn like mad, but doesn't bother me.

Sounds like a marvelous trip, Marisa. Congratulations on getting up to 25 patients now! :clap:clap:clap:clap

Have a great day.:manyheart

Hi again. We went antique mall shopping and chocolate shop shopping this afternoon. I bought some size 30 and 40 crochet thread and had about given up on finding anything else when in the last store I ran across an Italian liquor set in clear and turquoise that was in my price range and was lovely. I got it, needless to say. Will have to wait 'til I get home to post a picture of it, but it goes nicely with the others I've collected over the years, each is unique and special.

The chocolates are yummy!!!!!! Expensive, but worth it.

Wow, Marisa - your list of patients has grown fast!!

...and yes, the Technical support business is awful!

Congrats on the "Y" membership - do you swim? That's supposed to be the best exercise.

Cindy, have a good evening!

Hi again. We went antique mall shopping and chocolate shop shopping this afternoon. I bought some size 30 and 40 crochet thread and had about given up on finding anything else when in the last store I ran across an Italian liquor set in clear and turquoise that was in my price range and was lovely. I got it, needless to say. Will have to wait 'til I get home to post a picture of it, but it goes nicely with the others I've collected over the years, each is unique and special.

The chocolates are yummy!!!!!! Expensive, but worth it.

Oh what great purchases!:clap

I saw my nurse friend's baby girl today. She's so cute! 2 weeks old today. And a young woman across the street is pregnant - again! She has a 6 yo, a 1 yo...and is due again in December!

I'm bordering the squares for Lucy's blankie...getting close to finishing. Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

Have a great night, everyone:hug:manyheart

Congrats on 25 patients, Marisa!! That's awesome- Hope you were able to figure out the Quick Books issue! That must be so frustrating and the amt of $ they want for support is absurd!!!!! Do you have another date scheduled with the one you went out with before you left on vacation? I'm rooting for the Boston Celtics so was disappointed that they lost last night. I'll miss the games tomorrow (the basketball and the Devils) since I'll be at my nephews graduation party!

Judy- I bet I know what you'll be doing tonight!!:lol Watching the "Subway Series"!!! Go Yankees!!!! That's great that you got to meet your nurse friend's baby:manyheart

Mary- I love to :crocheting and love giving my co-workers' blankets for their babies! My DD went to a baby shower and her friend didn't get anything handmade and when DD came home she said her friend was sad about that. So of course I made her a blanket and when I saw her and the baby at my DD's Memorial Day Party the baby had the blanket on!!! She couldn't thank me enough!! Made me feel good.

Cindy- Hope the class went well today and you can enjoy the evening. Are you working this weekend?

Linda- Glad to hear you are at Joy's safe and sound and your shopping excursion today sounds like a success. Have a piece of chocolate for me!!!!

So happy that this week is over:clap Now to relax for two days!! (except for the usual need to do things)

Val Hope you are feeling a little less foggy brained!!!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!!

Good morning!

Off to celebrate my nephew's HS graduation this afternoon- It'll be nice to see family at a happy event!! Two of my nieces will be there who I haven't seen in a couple of years will be there- one has been living in Europe for the past year-and has now returned stateside and the other just graduated from college a few weeks ago and will be heading to CT next month to begin her engineering career!

I hope everyone has a great day! Off to do my weekly "must do' chores and then off to party!

Sorry, but the pic won't go through right now.

I just read something posted on the boards that there may be a problem with loading pictures- something with when they switched the server --Amy posted that Donna is out of town this weekend so may have to wait till Monday.

'morning, peeps!

I just read something posted on the boards that there may be a problem with loading pictures- something with when they switched the server --Amy posted that Donna is out of town this weekend so may have to wait till Monday.

Oh - that explains why mine wouldn't post either!

Enjoy seeing everyone today!

Yankees were awesome last night - except Jeter went 0-4:P

I still have to pick up a couple of graduation cards!:eek

Not sure what we're doing today, but it will be a relaxing day, for sure.

Have a good day, my friends - :hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. We are in the process of getting ready to go to the Sheep and Wool Festival today and then on to see the rest of my family tonight and tomorrow.

My DD had some lace weight wool yarn which she can't use so I spent a good bit of yesterday looking for lacy shawls to make with it. It's been a long time since I worked with lace weight yarn so it's taking some getting used to but I found a lovely lacy shawl and have started it. Takes about 3-4 rows to make an inch so this will be a long term project. Each row adds 8 stitches to the width so it's going to take longer and longer to complete a row. It calls for markers at three points but they really aren't necessary for me so I've skipped that.

Have a great weekend. :manyheart Will check back in when we return tomorrow.

Howdy folks

Just had time to jump in for a bit . Cam has spent some extra time with us,so I've been busy yakking with him . He went to go swimming today and said he'd be back tonite,but I'm not sure if Steph knows that or not,so will wait to see if she has other plans after swimming or not .

Jude

Sounds like you will have another blankie in the works if you have another neighbor with a new babe on the way .

Hope they get the picture-thing in here working so we can see the photo you tried posting .

Marisa

It sounds like you soaked up a lot of fun times while on your trip . Cingrats on the 25 patient -mark ! Good job !

Sure wish I had some Quickbook help for you,but I have no clue what it is,so it'd be pointless for me to advise you. To me, a Quick Book is one with not very many pages that you read quick .

Cindy

I agree, some things are prettier in knit . You are pretty doggone good at knitting ,so I bet you could do the lacey type shawl. I'm still classified as a beginner , I'd say . Never made it beyond the basics .

Sounds like you had a good day at work. Hope you have a nice quiet weekend off .

Joanne

I'm glad you get to visit with family at the graduation party .That should be fun. Any occasion with CAKE is fun . Sounds like you will also be busy with another baby blankie . Got any ideas on a pattern or colors yet ?

You sure sound peppy ,to be able to work that hard then come home and take a walk ! I need to get in better shape I think .

Mary

Have a great time with Luke. His first swimming lesson ! Wow, time goes so fast doesnt it ? He'll know how to swim better than me in about one more week I bet .

What color is the ripple you are making ?

Linda

You sound SO much better, totally relaxed and happy. I bet you will have a blast with your grandson ! Sounds like you have also been on some really neat shopping trips,with lots of memories to bring home to decorate your new place .

Val & Phyllis

Sure hope you can get your pics posted soon .We'll be watching for them !

Not much else new here. Cam is gone,Sam is off geocaching today,so I'm holed up in here with the air on full blast .

Still kinda fiddling with the baby afghan. I have changed my mind on the colors and pattern a gazillion times. :Plus I put it down if I have an especially crappy breathing day,which seems to be pretty often lately.

Anyhow, the babe isnt due til October,so I have time to fiddle around I guess .

See you all later --

Hello everyone. Spent the morning watching my youngest grandson while dd, her dh and the three older boys went canoeing. They just picked him up and left, so now I need to finish some household chores.

Julie, I can knit fairly well, but I am super slow, and a lot of knit shawl [patterns call for lace weight yarn which would be very slow going. I might try one in fingering or sport weight yarn, since that would go quite a bit faster. However, I might not be able to get that light and wispy look that I like about knitted shawls if I use a heavier yarn.

Hi House! Luke is napping, so it's quiet for a little while. ;)

Julie ~ Hi! I'm so glad Cam is spending part of his summer with you all. Maybe before long, he'll want to go geocaching with Sam! Samuel is also on DD's name list...so we may have a Sam, too! So sorry that the breathing problems continue. :hug

Linda ~ Oh, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time! It's always fun to shop in other cities and the "gifted yarn" sounds beautiful! I agree with Julie - you sound so much better! Did you find out if the movers are available around July 1st?

Joanne ~ Have a wonderful day with family and friends!

Phyllis and Judy ~ Looking forward to pictures as soon as you're able to post them. :yes

Marisa ~ Congratulations on 25 patients! :clap You're doing great!

Hi to those I've missed...when Luke is here, I have trouble concentrating on anything but him. :lol We've been very busy - wagon rides, a walk to the park, and playing in his wading pool/sprinkler. We'll meet his mom and dad about 4:30 where he's having his swim lessons and we'll get to watch his second lesson. :)

Hello Housemates!

Thanks for well wishes. I'm feeling much better today. The fog has cleared for the moment.

Julie - My mom and dad began dating at 14 and grew up together as well. They were best friends. I am done with 2 out of 3 of the ghans. I had a problem with posting pictures. I'm glad to see it's not just me. I'm glad you're getting some extra "Cam" time. I hope your breathing improves soon.

Marlene - Glad for good report on Hubby. Hope all went well with DS.

Cindy - Glad you're health!! How did your class go? I bought the Learn to Knit boo as well but I never got a chance to try it...maybe later this year!. I'm glad you had some time with gs...they grow up soooo fast!

Mary - We've had a good bit of rain here in GA as well. We're suppose to get some for the next 5 days. I love the keypad on the blackberry but you can do soooo much more on the other phones. However, I'll have to keep the blackberry for a while. The ripple ghan sounds beautiful. Sounds like you're really enjoying your time with Luke.

Linda - Glad to hear laughter in your voice. Your time with DD sounds wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your family as well. You have great friends in Rosie and John. I hope you get to move on July 1st. Will you continue to work for John until he leaves or will you go ahead and take some of the new jobs.

Judy - I love the things you can do with touch phones but I prefer the blackberry keypad. How's your learning of the new phone coming along? I know Lucy will love her blankie. Hope you're enjoying your relaxing day.

Marisa - Congrats on the growth of your business. Your time in Tampa sounds divine. I hope you got Quicken straighten out. What are you doing this weekend?

Joanne - Glad you had a good day at work and was able to enjoy a evening with daylight. I am feeling much better. Enjoy your time with family today. Thanks for the info about posting pictures...I thought it was me.

Phyllis, ChristiG, Tab & Purple - Hope all is well with you guys!!

BORED, BORED!!! Not that I don't have a lot to do. It's stuff I don't want to do. Wish I was in BAMA!! Oh well!

Have a good night!!!

Good morning everyone. We are in the process of getting ready to go to the Sheep and Wool Festival today and then on to see the rest of my family tonight and tomorrow.

Oh, yarn on the hoof! Have fun:)

My DD had some lace weight wool yarn which she can't use so I spent a good bit of yesterday looking for lacy shawls to make with it. It's been a long time since I worked with lace weight yarn so it's taking some getting used to but I found a lovely lacy shawl and have started it. Takes about 3-4 rows to make an inch so this will be a long term project. Each row adds 8 stitches to the width so it's going to take longer and longer to complete a row. It calls for markers at three points but they really aren't necessary for me so I've skipped that.

Have a great weekend. :manyheart Will check back in when we return tomorrow.

The new project will be beautiful:c9

Jude

Sounds like you will have another blankie in the works if you have another neighbor with a new babe on the way .

Hope they get the picture-thing in here working so we can see the photo you tried posting .

Yup - another baby blanket!:D I'm waiting to get inspired...either that or just keep making baby ghans for the NICU and keep one boy and one girl one...they're fun to make.

Still kinda fiddling with the baby afghan. I have changed my mind on the colors and pattern a gazillion times. :Plus I put it down if I have an especially crappy breathing day,which seems to be pretty often lately.

Anyhow, the babe isnt due til October,so I have time to fiddle around I guess .

See you all later --

I do the same thing with the baby ghans - there are so many color combos and patterns that I usually have a hard time deciding too:P

Thanks for well wishes. I'm feeling much better today. The fog has cleared for the moment.

That's good to hear!

Judy - I love the things you can do with touch phones but I prefer the blackberry keypad. How's your learning of the new phone coming along? I know Lucy will love her blankie. Hope you're enjoying your relaxing day.

The BB keypad is good, but the actual keyboard on the Droid has bigger keys - plus there's a talk feature, so if you don't want to use the virtual or real keyboard you can speak what you want to text, etc....

Lucy's blankie is done...will try and get picture posted when it works again!

Have a great night, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Wakey, Wakey, everybody!!

We had a nice day yesterday and today will be another peaceful one. Off to browse at B&N:c9

Not sure what I'll put my hook to next...I have my saltine project that's a WIP, and th eViceroy shawl is waiting...:D

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

LOL Judy!!!

We had an awesome time at the graduation party- and it was so much fun to catch up with some of my nieces and nephews--what great young adults they all are!!! It was a wonderful day!

We got home in time to watch the 3rd period of the Devils game and they won! So they are still in the running- although nearly impossible to have to win 4 games in a row- they've now won 2!! At least they are giving it their all!!

Off to babysit for Ryan in a few!

Have a wonderful day each and every one of you!

Good Morning, House. :flower

Valerie ~ So glad you're feeling better! :manyheart Congratulations on finishing 2 out of 3 afghans. :cheer

Judy ~ Loved your wake-up call this a.m. :D Have fun at B & N! I've been wanting to start something with saltines for a long time, but really need to finish this ripple first!

Joanne ~ Your Saturday sounds lovely. Enjoy your time with little Ryan...I know you will! :c9

The house is pretty much back together. :lol It's way too quiet when Luke goes home, though! DH went fishing early, but the winds picked up and he had to get off the lake - with no fish again. ;)

Have a wonderful day, everyone. :)

Good afternoon Housemates!

Judy - Glad you're getting some relaxation time in. Today is a good day to hook. Hope you find some bargains at B&N.

Joanne - Family time is the best time. Have a great day with Ryan!

Mary - Thanks! Our house is quiet too. My little great niece is in Bama with my sister! It makes a difference when there is no little one.

It's raining here today...90%. We have rain in the forecast for the next 4 days. I haven't decided if I'm going to do some of the things that need doing or if I'm going to hook all day.:lol

Have a great day HOUSEMATES!!!

Hi gang

Just a quick drop in .

Cindy

Have you ever seen this lady's knitting blog ?http://www.spudandchloe.com/blog/category/free-patterns/blankets/

Some real nice patterns there, links on the side . I was looking at the afghans made with squares,but she has other patterns too . Pretty neat to look at !

Hi Mary

Yea, it'll be so much fun for you to watch Luke growing up and learning new things. I understand about not having much spare time to be on here when he is there . I sometimes wonder how I kept track of our kids when they were little and kept doing other stuff too. Now it seems like I can't do other stuff when Cam is here ,so I can spend time with him, etc. He really no longer needs much help with anything and is pretty self-sifficient,but I still like spending time with him as much as possible.

Val

Sure hope you get the chance to go back and enjoy time with your family soon . Maybe sometime this summer ?

Jude

Yea, you always turn out some neat babyghan ideas, so I bet youll come up with another good one .

Find anything interesting at BN ?

Joanne

I know what you mean about having to pick up the house after Ryan is there. It's surprising how clean the house stays when it's only the 2 of us here,but how quickly it gets cluttered when we have Cam. I remember when the kids were small how the house always looked cluttered, probably due to toys ,etc always being out .

Sounds like you had a fun time at the party .

Not much here today -- pretty quiet . Sunny and hot,so we stayed inside in the air all day . Havent done a blooming thing all day though ! LAZY !

Jude

Yea, you always turn out some neat babyghan ideas, so I bet youll come up with another good one .

Find anything interesting at BN ?

I hope so!

About B&N: I couldn't resist another "cozy" murder mystery with a paranormal angle...and a cat...:lol

I just gave myself a mani/pedi, so will get back to my book while the nails dry.

Used OPI Red:D

Hi to everyone else...

Archived