Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning everyone.

Glad you made it home safely, Julie.

Marlene, hopefully some results come from these dr visits. Fingers crossed for your son.

I have a d appointment this morning, (just routine) and then ahve errands to run.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, peeps!:hook

Cindy, I hope you can carve out some "me" time today!

Marlene, fingers crossed that all goes well with court! And you're such a good wife the way you take care of DH...I hope you get some answers and that things can be easily fixed.:hug

Jules, the squares are just like the flannelghan pattern ...but I have problems with doing things in strips since my tension can vary so much (it happens when I get interrupted) I have to finish the 6th square and then will make a big border on each square before joining them. Lucy curls up when she sleeps - some of the time, anyway - so it should be big enough for my Chunky Monkey!:lol

Going to go join Judy watching the Yankees! (figuratively speaking, that is)

Wasn't that a great game? Ds was over last night so I wasn't paying as close attention as usual - but Russell Martin - WOW! What a Grand Slam! Funny, but RM's face looks just like DH's rookie police picture! Even DS sees it!

I hope work isn't horrible.....

Have a good night and I'll see you all in the morning.:manyheart No crochet time today, but I got to see DD and Luke!
That's better than anything:c9

Moning all..have a good day

HI!!!:hook

Off I go - hair dresser appt...roots are a pretty silver....:lol

Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Don't you wish you had a kid who was a plumber? We sure do:lol

Yes! :D DH has always been a handyman and can fix most things...but his eyes aren't cooperating with tiny pieces these days. Have fun at the hair salon!

Hi Christi! Are you working on anything now? I hope all is well with you. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Sending good luck wishes for your DS. It's wonderful that you can be there for support. :hug I hope the doctors can help your DH get better very soon.

Julie ~ I'm glad you're almost caught up after being gone. There is always a lot to do! Thanks for asking about DD. This is her 19th week already! So far, they have not decided on a name...Matthew, Zachary, and Benjamin are on the list, though. :c9

Linda ~ Are you leaving tomorrow or Friday? I hope you're all packed - we know you're ready for a break! :manyheart Do you want me to host the charity cal June 21-26? I can't remember how long you'll be gone. :blush

I'm determined to finish vacuuming and cleaning the downstairs this a.m. Luke will be here Friday and Saturday, so tomorrow needs to be grocery shopping and errands. When he's here, nothing else gets done. :lol

Good morning/afternoon everyone. Yesterday was one thing after another, all away from home. Went to the bank, got my hair cut, had a manicure and pedicure, bought a new swimsuit, and a number of other things. Today is pretty much planned as the day to pack for my trip up North and do last minute things here at home. Rosie's John fell out of bed last week and has sore muscles all up and down his right side. Some places all I have to do is lightly touch him and he jumps in pain. Makes giving him a backrub hard, but he says it's helping even though it's a painful process.

My plane leaves at 2:30 Eastern time tomorrow and gets in at 3:40 Central time. Rosie will be taking me to the Marta station in the morning and I've allowed enough time so that I shouldn't have to hurry at the airport.

When I took in my security deposit yesterday (it had to be a money order or cashier's check) I found out that I can move in as early as the 1st of July. A whole week earlier than the original date. Yay!!!! I justhave to make sure that's okay with the guys moving me. I really hope it works out.

Hi Ladies, Just a quick note here going to go to court with DS today. He has parenting complaints that were filed on the ex (18). She taught him well about those and now it's coming back to bite her. She should know better. He does tell her that's okay I'll just file a parenting complaint. She tries everything she can to set him off and he is controling him self. And to see when he is getting the rest of his stuff that he should of already returned. I'm going along in case the judge wants to ask if I seen the stuff in the house since when he asked about some things her response was I don't know what your talking about. Things that mean something to us. His Grandpa's banjo, his Grandpa's flag, his bilogical dad's flag, his Dad's paintings and etc. Plus a report from 2 counselors and the school principal. Wish are in my sons favor.

Good luck with the court visit.

Hubby's doctor visit went well. New doctors and very through lots of questions and I had the answers. I go prepared. I take all the reports from tests done and other doctor visits with us. There going to do 2 test first to see if liquid or food is getting back in to the esphogus and the other test to see if the wrap is in tact or not and if it is there is it working. So in two weeks we go back and one test is a 24 hour study so we go back the next day. Depending on these results if they do a third test.

I have to go now. Have a great day everyone! I'll catch up later.

Welcome home Julie!

Sounds like these doctors have some new ideas, which is good. And good for you for being so well prepared with the information for them.

Linda ~ Are you leaving tomorrow or Friday? Thursday.I hope you're all packed - we know you're ready for a break! :manyheartI will be by bedtime. Do you want me to host the charity cal June 21-26? I can't remember how long you'll be gone. :blush

That would be wonderful Mary. One less thing to worry about as I'm at my DD's and then doing final packing for my move.

I'm determined to finish vacuuming and cleaning the downstairs this a.m. Luke will be here Friday and Saturday, so tomorrow needs to be grocery shopping and errands. When he's here, nothing else gets done. :lol

Hi Christi!

Welcome home Julie!!! Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all at the reunion.

Have a great time everyone. :hug I'll check as I can while at DD's. :manyheart

Linda - July 1st! How exciting to have the date moved up...everything is falling into place, so I just know the movers will be available, too! Have a wonderful trip...relax and enjoy! :manyheart

We're having torrential rain and it's beautiful! It's been in the mid 90's and way too hot and dry, so this sure is welcome. :)

Linda, that's wonderful news about the apartment!! HAve a terrific visit.:hug

We got new phones today -- I wasn't going to go with all the bells and whistles, but DH was in a mood...and who am I to say no:D

We got the Droid 4

Now to figure out everything!:lol

Hve a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Just dropped in to say hello. I've been running around and crocheting all day. I finished the blanket except for the edging.

I'm not feeling the best but I did want to check in. I'll answer post later with the exception of Linda since she might be gone.

Linda, have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your family. Don't give John a second thought. Think only on good things and good times to come. Safe travels!

Linda, have a great vacation. I hope you can move in at the beginning of July.

My dr visit was uneventful, (in other words, I am as healthy as the proverbial horse!), and I made it through all my errands. I have to work tomorrow and then teach a class all day Friday.

:::waves hello:::

:hi Hi, purples!

Thanks everyone. The suitcase is packed and the carryon is almost all packed. Just have to put in my meds in the morning. Clothes are all laid out too.

I had picked up a scrimshaw brooch at a porch sale 15-18 years ago when I lived in St. Paul, MN. I had told Rosie about it and ran across it tonight so took it over to show her. Turns out the setting is silver! I didn't know that, but we took some silver polish to it and it is even more stunning than before. :lol I paid a whole $1 for it. One of the lady's friends had given it to her and she never cared for it. Her loss; my gain. I still have to figure out what to take with me to work on crochetwise. Maybe my afghan-stitch project.

Quick stop in to say hi and good morning!

Linda- Have an awesome time with Joy and your GS!!!!! Safe travels. Wonderful news that you can move in July 1st!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Morning ladies

Joanne

My breathing is about the same. Some days a little better than others,but no great improvement .

Mary

Those baby names all sound cute . I bet Luke will have fun with a new baby brother. It'll give hime someone to play with in a couple years . The first year or 2 ,the baby really wont be able to do much playing ,like Luke can do now,but they will be close enough in age to play together .

Linda

Have a safe trip and soak up all the time with family ! Great news on the moving date !

Marlene

Hope the court visit and the Dr visit both ended up with good results. Let us know when you get the chance .

Jude

The new phone sounds fancy . I'd have no clue how to work it. I have a cheapo dollar store phone .

Cindy

So glad your doctor appt went well . Always nice to get a good report isnt it ?

Val

Sure hope you are feeling better today .

Hi Christi

Thanks for stopping in .

Hi Purples

Welcome !

Gotta get a move on,a couple errands needing done this AM . You all have a good day ..

'morning, peeps!

My dr visit was uneventful, (in other words, I am as healthy as the proverbial horse!), and I made it through all my errands. I have to work tomorrow and then teach a class all day Friday.

Uneventful is good at our age...LOL! I hope today flys y for you.

Just dropped in to say hello. I've been running around and crocheting all day. I finished the blanket except for the edging.

Good!

I'm not feeling the best but I did want to check in. I'll answer post later with the exception of Linda since she might be gone.

Feel better, hon:hug

:::waves hello:::

Hi, there!

Thanks everyone. The suitcase is packed and the carryon is almost all packed. Just have to put in my meds in the morning. Clothes are all laid out too.

I had picked up a scrimshaw brooch at a porch sale 15-18 years ago when I lived in St. Paul, MN. I had told Rosie about it and ran across it tonight so took it over to show her. Turns out the setting is silver! I didn't know that, but we took some silver polish to it and it is even more stunning than before. :lol I paid a whole $1 for it. One of the lady's friends had given it to her and she never cared for it. Her loss; my gain. I still have to figure out what to take with me to work on crochetwise. Maybe my afghan-stitch project.

Oh, what a great brooch! Scrimshaw is beautiful and it must be old.

I hope you picked a good project to bring...you're going to feel rejuvenated when you get back! Safe trip:hug

Jules, this Droid phone hasn't been all that hard to figure out - and is lots easier to use than our Blackberrys were. Same bill, too - no increase:D

Off I go - later!:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. Just a quick little pop in to say hi before heading to the airport. Just have a couple of things to pop in the suitcase and then it's out the door. :manyheart

Good Morning! It's still raining...and I won't complain since we're just coming out of a drought. :rain My flowers are very happy and the lakes are full. :)

Hi purples! Come visit anytime.:hook

Valerie ~ I hope you're feeling better today. :hug

Julie ~ Yes, it ought to be interesting when the new little one comes. Luke has had his mom and dad's complete attention to this point. Hopefully, we can help by keeping him occupied when the baby comes. :lol

Linda ~ I'll bet you're really ready to get on that plane! Have a great time! :manyheart

Judy ~ DH swears he won't give up his blackberry...but he's been checking out my iphone lately. :lol

Better get busy. DH will be home by early evening and I'm thinking pot roast...thanks to Valerie!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

I'm baaaaccccckkk!!! My flight came back on Tuesday and after the delay on the 2nd flight, I got in around 7. My sister was getting about around 11, so I went to my cousins house to hang out in between since he lives close to the airport. We had cake for his son who's birthday is Friday because my cousin was leaving for Texas yesterday until the end of the month and then gets deployed to Kuwait on July 6th.

My trip was awesome and I totally didn't want to come home :eek I got in Thursday afternoon and met my mom at the airport and we had our cousin pick us up. After we got back to the house, we all went out for lunch and then did some errands getting stuff for Friday's party. My sister and bean got in on Thursday night from Phoenix late. Friday was the graduation and then the party was later. The ceremony was very nice, but could have been a bit better organized IMO. The party was awesome. I love being with family and there were alot of kids too....we kept joking that we were the old people group :lol My cousin wanted a photo booth, so they rented one and it was really fun. They had all sorts of props to take the pics with and each strip of pics were put into a scrapbook for the graduate and we were able to write notes in it for her, plus we got a copy of our strips too that we were in. It was a late night and then they had quite a bit of other parties to attend on Saturday so while they did what they had to do, we went to their beach house in Madiera Beach (right by St. Pete) and my other cousin and her girlfriend had a condo for a week that they had just checked into so we went out to dinner that night. Bean left Sunday morning and then we hung on the beach all day and had dinner out again with our relatives. Spent Monday on the beach too and headed back to Tampa...my cousin cooked dinner for everyone and we had fun hanging out yet again. My mom left early Tuesday, then we went for lunch before it was my turn to leave.

It went so quickly :think I came back to work yesterday but was busy getting things in order all day that I didn't even get a chance to come in here :( Now it's just taken me almost 2 hours to catch up, but that's only because I'm also watching my missed tv shows on my ipad at the same time :blush:lol

Joanne - You were right on my return date :yes I hope all your meetings are going well! How's your stash ghan coming along? So great to hear that your friend passed her nursing boards. Gorgeous projects...I love them all :manyheart and I'm glad to hear that you got to go to craft club :yay

Cindy - How is your knitting going? Glad you got to spend time with your grandsons. That's scary to hear about your little bird attack :eek But the gardens look great. Nice to have a lazy day here and there :D

Val - Glad to hear that your fingers are feeling a bit better. How nice to spend time with your best friend from Bama. Sorry you had to frog 9 rows, but glad to hear it's back on track. I totally agree that you need to stop when your tired :yes

Judy - Your baby ghan is beautiful, I love how it came out :manyheart How is Lucy's ghan coming along? Awesome that Lucy won on the Chet FB page. How did ww go? Have fun at your hair appointment.

Mary - My patient did not show up....the one I didn't expect too :shrug But, I did have a new one yesterday :yay Luke must have surely been hungry to finish up the whole grilled cheese. Glad your getting some much needed rain!

Linda - Great news that you can get the apt July 1st! Hopefully the movers will be available too :xfin I do the same thing by drawing out the room to scale with 'paper furniture' to position things ahead of time. I love the dragon piece you found. Sounds like you made out like a bandit at the garage sales. I can't believe you had to trim the bushes and clean the walls and woodwork :( I hope you have a safe trip and and I know you'll enjoy the time with your dd and grandson.

Tab - Great pics of Eli and the family.

Phyllis - I love all your projects :manyheart

Marlene - I hope your headaches are feeling better. Definitely saying prayers for your SD and mom :hug Happy belated birthday to Maya.

Julie - Sounds like you had an awesome time at the reunion. I hope you get all your errands done.

Christi and Purples :hi

Judy ~ DH swears he won't give up his blackberry...but he's been checking out my iphone lately. :lol

The Droid4 is very much like DS's iPhone...and so much easier to use than the Blackberry!! Except for a glitch with DH getting his email in a timely manner, it seems to be working out great.

Hey, Marisa - what a wonderful time you had! You must have slept like a log your first night back.

I'm starting on bordering the giant squares for Miss Lucy's ghan and am looking forward to seeing what she thinks of it:lol

Have a great night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Hello everyone. had a great day at work, and even had the energy to cook a nice dinner when I got home. I need to do a little prep for the class I'm teaching tomorrow still, and then I am through for the night.

Welcome home Marisa, sounds like you had a fabulous time! My knitting is going okay. I wish I was a little faster, because I really enjoy it, and there are some things that just look better knit than crocheted. I really want to make myself a knit lace rectangular shawl. I've tried some crochet patterns and they just don't have that wispy look that I like about knitted lace. However, knitting anything at all with lace-weight yarn would take me an awfully long time. I find it discouraging to have so little to show for a few hours of crafting.

Judy, dh bought me an iphone for my birthday in January. It took me a long time to warm up to it, but now I really like it. My children also have iphones, so I don't really have any experience with any other kind of "smart" phone, so I don't know what they are like.

Linda, hope you had a safe trip and that you have a wonderful time with DD and your grandson.

Val, hope you are feeling better today.

Mary, hope dh gets home safely.

Hi, Julie, Christie, Marlene, Joanne, Phyllis, tab, and everyone else.

Hi everyone!

By now, Linda is probably enjoying time with Joy and her GS!!

Marisa- Welcome home- it sure sounds like you had a fabulous time!!!! It's great being around family and having fun!!!! I didn't start the stash ghan yet- actually haven't done any crocheting the last two nights- I've been so wiped out from work that I've been doing nothing while watching my sports on tv--which is so unlike me. Tonight though I got out at a decent hours, already ate dinner and am ready to crochet!! Plus the sun is shining and it's so nice out, I may just go for a quick walk when I get off the computer!

Judy- I love my iphone! I have friends who have the Droid phone and love it too. But you know me, I love my "apple" toys!!!! Can't wait to see Miss Lucy's blanket- and I know she'll love it cause her mama made it for her!

Cindy- Glad to hear you had a nice day at work. I actually had the best day of all this week too- it was busy, but not insane! I still feel like I have energy to something fun for me, instead of just wanting to go to sleep!! I think I'm going to try knitting again, but agree it's so slow! But there are certain things that just look so nice!!!

Julie- Sorry to hear the breathing is about the same. Have you noticed anything different in how you feel now that you are using the cpap machine?

Val- I can't wait to see the pics of your finished ghan. i'll bet it is just gorgeous!!!

Mary- Your dinner sounds great! DH loves pot roast, but I usually don't make it except in the winter. Don't know why, cause it is so easy in the crock pot!

Found out a girl at work is pregnant- due in December--so I'll have another baby blanket to make once she finds out the sex of the baby in August.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! I should head outside while it's so nice out!

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, you must have a wide circle of young fertile women friends!

Hello everyone. had a great day at work, and even had the energy to cook a nice dinner when I got home. I need to do a little prep for the class I'm teaching tomorrow still, and then I am through for the night.That's so nice:)The day turned out well!

Judy, dh bought me an iphone for my birthday in January. It took me a long time to warm up to it, but now I really like it. My children also have iphones, so I don't really have any experience with any other kind of "smart" phone, so I don't know what they are like.

I was glad I had experience on my Nook Tablet plus the Blackberry when I started playing with the Droid. Many of the symbols on the phone are identical to the BB...

CU all later!

Good morning ladies :hi

Last night I did my bedroom spring cleaning, getting behind all the furniture and all that fun stuff :lol This morning I ran over to the YMCA to claim my free membership that I won last month :clap It's a fairly nice facility for its area and the old building its in :yes They have a pool AND racquetball courts...now I just need to find someone that plays and also has a membership :think I'm not great, but I do enjoy it.

Then I ran to the market to get a few things to have at the office since my supplies were dwindling :lol Now I'm here and today I'm wearing my IT cap!!! My Quick Books just completely stopped working last Wednesday....the day before I was leaving, so I didn't have time to deal with it then, nor did I have time on Wed this week when I came back. I worked with it a little bit yesterday after dealing with a new insurance company and had no luck with getting it to work again. So that is today's dedication :eek:xfin Wish me luck. I tried calling technical support, but since I don't have a support plan they won't help me :( You pay close to $200 for a program and then they want you to pay another $250 annually for support!!!! And that doesn't include yearly upgrades so you still need to purchase the new program every year! They are just crazy. I told the guy on the phone "that's why computers suck and I wish I could just keep it all on paper" :rofl

Judy - I slept like a log the last 3 nights! :lol I'm still catching up! I think pregnancy is an epidemic....everyones always pregnant at the same time :lol Can't wait to see Lucy's ghan.

Cindy - Glad to hear you had a good day at work yesterday AND made dinner too :D I agree with the knitting, it goes so slowly but some things do just look better :yes Have fun teaching your class today.

Joanne - Did you go for a walk last night? Boston/Miami are going to game 7....I'm rooting for Miami so I'm happy it didn't end last night :yes

Hi everyone. :)

Marisa ~ Your vacation with family sounds fantastic! Yay for another new patient. :clap

Joanne ~ I hope you have a relaxing weekend after the week you've had. :manyheart I think it's great that you make baby ghans for co-workers. So many people never receive anything hand made anymore!

Judy ~ Glad you're liking your new phone! I still don't know how to use some features...but I probably would never use them anyway. :lol Looking forward to seeing Lucy's blankie!

Cindy ~ I hope your "teaching" day goes well! :)

Linda ~ Have a great day with DD and GS! :D

Luke is having his first swimming lesson this a.m. and then DD will bring him here. We'll have him till tomorrow afternoon. :) DH got home last night and was thrilled with the pot roast!

I have 10 or 11 more rows left on the baby ripple.:hook

Marisa ~ So sorry about your Quick Books.:hug We used it when we had our company, but that was 10 years ago...I hope you get it figured out. I agree about the cost of tech support!:(

Archived