Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi everyone. :) We're going to release little bird this morning. We know it's time...and will just hope he'll be okay. Here come the tears...:ohdear

Marisa ~ Oh, I remember dance recitals very well. :lol DD was in ballet from age 3 until 16, when she decided it was time to try other things. :) We always left it up to her, but her instructors thought she could easily go professional!

Julie ~ You deserve LOTS of cake! :hug:manyheart Your doctor sounds like a keeper...and hopefully you'll have this behind you soon. :yes

Joanne ~ It's so much fun when they start interacting with you, isn't it? They change so quickly...Luke is saying the entire alphabet.:eek You have to listen closely because he says it very fast. :lol

Judy ~ I'm glad the children behaved while you were away. :D It's always scary to open the door the first time you leave them for very long. :lol

Better get busy. Have a good day, ladies. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning housemates!

Thanks for the compliments on the ghans. I'm finishing up the smaller Bama ghan that is due in August and then back to the Bama football field ghan.

Julie - you most certainly deserve a whole cake this week.

Sounds like everybody is enjoying their weekend. Enjoy today!

Valerie ~ You're doing so well with keeping ahead of deadlines! :cheer

Cindy ~ It sounds like a very relaxing day. :) Keep prodding and I'll bet DH will change his mind. :lol

We went out for lunch with DD and Little Guy. :manyheart SIL is spending the day with his dad at their ranch. Laundry is going and we have the golf tournament on...trying not to go look for little bird. He stayed on DH's hand for about 2 minutes and flew up to the top of a large tree. So we're assuming he'll make it now. :yes

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Good afternoon everyone. WE went to church this morning and then out to lunch with one of DD's friends. Stopped at WalMart on the way home and are now doing some relaxing. Yesterday we went to a LYS that DD frequents. About half of the people there were crocheting and half of them spinning. After all that Faile has said about enjoying spinning and seeing so many doing spinning at the Sheep and Wool Festival, I decided to give it a try. I can't say that I'm very good at it, but apparently I'm picking it far quicker than most. I'm using a drop spindle with wool as my fiber and having fun. I've found a number of people who are willing to coach me on-line when I go home, so we will see if this becomes another fun hobby for frequent preoccupation or one that will be just done occasionally. But there is something rather hypnotizing about the feel of the fiber flowing through my hands and becoming yarn that is very compelling.

Good evening ladies :hi

Well, I got out of Averie's dance recital and decided to stop by the office quick. I had a message from (hopefully) a new patient. So I called back and got his voice mail so decided to check in with you while I was here. The dance recital was 5 hours!!!! :eek Can I just say that the annoying part is when the same 2-3 groups of students perform 75% of the numbers and 99% of those are the same thing but to a different song :sigh

Oh well, Averie did an awesome job and when I told her that, guess what she said to me......she told me that I did an awesome job watching :rofl She is just too cute!

Oh, my! 5 hours is a long time to sit there. Glad Averie did such a good job.

I had a great time with Ryan. He is so much fun now and loves peek a boo, "so big" and is starting to understand cause and effect with his toys. We went for a nice long walk and generally just had a good time together. I'm so glad I live close by.

Oh, what a fun time with you GS!

I think someone asked about the surgery . My thyroid needs to come out. The doc said there are so many nodules and cysts growing on it that it is pretty much just covered with them. He said even the laser-beam shrinking of it wouldnt help since they have grown so large. They are affecting my voice and swallowing and breathing . He was originally gonna biopsy them ,but after my visit, he said he wants a repeat US and to get to a surgeon to get it removed. There are several large ones ,and he said the larger they get,the more shance they may turn cancerous .

Anyhow, I kinda knew it wouldnt be a simple appt ,with a simple answer,so I was prepared for whatever he said .I'm glad they are going ahead with getting it out so it wont be bothering me any longer .

Will update you on it after Wed appt .... fun week, Tuesday is the neurologist and Wed the surgeon . I deserve some CAKE this week .

I'm another one of those who asked what was up, Julie. Definitely sounds like a smart move. Enjoy lots of cake this week.

Have a great day. :hug:manyheart:hug

Judy ~ I'm glad the children behaved while you were away. :D It's always scary to open the door the first time you leave them for very long. :lol

I was a little apprehensive when we got home... wondering if we would have to redecorate...:lol:lol

Hello everyone, having a lazy day here, reading a book, napping etc.

I'm trying to talk dh into going somewhere this week, since I have Wednesday thru Sunday off. Not having much luck so far!

Maybe he needs suggestions?? Good luck with that!

We went out for lunch with DD and Little Guy. :manyheart SIL is spending the day with his dad at their ranch. Laundry is going and we have the golf tournament on...trying not to go look for little bird. He stayed on DH's hand for about 2 minutes and flew up to the top of a large tree. So we're assuming he'll make it now. :yes

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Sounds like you had a second Mothers Day!:manyheart

If the bird flew that high I'm sure he'll find some feathered buddies and be fine.

We had a nice afternoon...comfortable weather...nice. You should have seen the 3 of us in the living room (aka "man cave"): I had my Nook Tablet on and was playing Bedazzlede...while glancing at FB on my Droid phone...DS was using Google Earth in his iPad while his iPhone kept pinging with messages..and DH was browsing th einternet on his Droid...

What a bunch we are:lol:lol:lol:lol

Off I go for the night. Have a good one everybody.:hug:manyheart

I had a lovely day. Like Judy said, the weather was gorgeous. I took dh out to breakfast and then we took a ride down by the beach... Came home and watched the Yankees win while i worked on a ripple afghan and then I made dh surf and turf for dinner. After dinner I went to DD's house and we took a nice long walk with Ryan

Linda-the LYS that I went to has spinning classes and I'm so tempted. I think I may try it in the winter. Your vacation sounds wonderful

Cindy. Good luck gettin DH to take u away for a few days

Mary. I'm confident that the bird will be fine. Glad you saw Luke today.

Julie. Wll be keeping u in my thoughts and prayers this week

They had to put a chest tube in the twin boy today since his lung collapsed but he seems to be doing ok now

Off I go to work a little more on the ripple. I originally had started this for one of Dd's friends baby but it was too big so I had put it aside. It is brown, green and beige and the plan is to give it to dd and sil for christmas

Have a good night.

Hi, ya, peeps!

Joanne...what a nice day you had! Surf and turf

...MMMMMMM!

Not much on the agenda today - will be back later!:hug

'Morning, everyone. :)

Linda ~ How fun to be spinning! You're such a natural at working with yarn, I'll bet you will master it in no time. :hook

Judy ~ Loved the description of you, DH and DS...you all are definitely techies! :D Are you working on anything since finishing Lucy's blanket?

Joanne ~ Your weekend sounds really nice. I'm glad you had some time to relax. :yes

Hi to everyone at the House - Have a good Monday! :manyheart

Good morning all. Spent a nice evening with DD and a friend. We went to a used book store and I got two books: Art + Quilt: Design Principles and Creativity Exercises by Lyric Kinard and Heirloom Machine Quilting by Harriet Hargrave. Both have information that should help with my designing and things that none of my others have on quilting.

Tonight we're meeting with another of DD's friends and tomorrow we're going to a Llama farm in the morning. This vacation has definitely been a much needed time of R & R for me. I wake up rested and not exhausted which is so nice. I've had crochet time, spinning time, and time to read, not to mention time with my DD and GS.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. :manyheart

Good afternoon ladies :hi

It was a busy day in here yesterday. Well, on Saturday when I went home we had dinner and then Steph and Bean headed out for a party. I stayed home, watched some tv and scored some hook time :clap Yesterday I ran some errands with Steph in the morning and then we came home and washed up our produce. When we were all ready we headed to Beans other sister's house for dinner since his dad was going to be there. Ingrid had already made other plans celebrating with her dh and the kids. We got back pretty late so I watched the next food network star and crocheted some more :D

This morning I took my car in and there was a rock lodged up in my control unit (or something like that) :eek They didn't charge me anything and even washed the car :yay I made a pit stop here to pick up some paperwork and then headed up to the bank. Since I was there I ran into the market....actually went to 2 and got a bunch of stuff I feel like for not too much :yay

Joanne - Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Ryan :yay WTG on your ripple. Prayers for the boy with the chest tube, glad to hear he's doing well after getting it done :hug

Julie - Prayers with you this week too, and I agree you deserve some cake :yes I got some Tastycake Red Velvet Cupcakes at the market today. I don't usually indulge, but I wanted a muffin and they were so expensive and the tastycakes were 2 for something that was cheaper than one 4 pack of muffins :lol

Judy - Glad to hear that the furples did well home alone :wink Too funny with you all sitting there with your gadgets :lol Is ds still dating the same girl?

Mary - Glad to hear the little bird soared, I think he'll be just fine :yes

Cindy - Enjoy your lazy day today and then your one day of work tomorrow before a super long weekend :clap Keep working on dh and I'm sure he'll give in :devil

Linda - Oooo, glad to hear that you enjoyed spinning. You are such a crafty person that I'm not surprised you picked it up quickly :yes

Good afternoon Housemates!

Cindy, I hope you can convince DH to get-away this wweekend!

Joanne, glad you had a very relaxing weekend.

Judy, your weekend sound very nice.

Linda, I am so glad you're getting what YOU need!

Mary, another of your babies leaving the nest.

Marisa, glad you got some crocheting time in. How's your Bama ghan coming along?

I just finished the Bama ghan due in August. I'm going to start back working on the Bama football field ghan and alternate working on one for Auburn(state rival).

Julie, Lifting you up in prayer.

Gotta get out and drop off the blue ghan. Here is a picture of the Bama ghan. Edging is a row of sc and hdc in white with a row of rev sc in crimson.

BBL.

post-15738-135897764771_thumb.jpg

post-15738-135897764774_thumb.jpg

Valerie ~ Your afghan is gorgeous! Love the way you did the border - beautiful work. :clap

Linda ~ The quilt books will be a wonderful addition to your books and patterns! I'm so glad you're finally having some "you" time. :manyheart

Marisa ~ Great news about your car! Yay for having some hook time over the weekend. :hook

Judy ~ Oh, another senior moment for me.:blush:lol I do remember your posting about the new yarn and knitting a scarf. Looking forward to seeing it!

I'm pretty well caught up around the house, so I think it's crochet time. :)

I just finished the Bama ghan due in August. I'm going to start back working on the Bama football field ghan and alternate working on one for Auburn(state rival).

Julie, Lifting you up in prayer.

Gotta get out and drop off the blue ghan. Here is a picture of the Bama ghan. Edging is a row of sc and hdc in white with a row of rev sc in crimson.

BBL.

Beautiful work on the 'ghan, Val. :clap:clap:clap

I voted on Facebook and they're now up to 187. I've been doing some research on-line on spinning in general and the Turkish spindles specifically. I may get another one or two in special woods. We'll see.

It's been in the 80s and 90s for most of the time I've been here but the humidity is much lower than in Georgia, so it hasn't been too bad.

Later, 'gaters.

Val, that's another gorgeous afghan.

Linda, glad you are having such a great vacation! When are you going home?

Judy, your techie family sounds like mine: Yesterday dh was reading on his Kindle, I was on my laptop, and then reading on my Nook, ds was over and reading on his ipad, and also playing a game with a friend on his i-phone, while dd read on her kindle fire and messaged her friends on her i-phone.

I worked today, and had a really quiet day. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow and then off for a long stretch. Dh says we can go somewhere this week for a few days, but now I'm not so sure I want to. It's supposed to be really hot and humid all week, so I think maybe I'd rather stay home where its cool. (well, its a woman's privilege to change her mind......!!) I can always change my mind again!

Judy - Glad to hear that the furples did well home alone :wink Too funny with you all sitting there with your gadgets :lol Is ds still dating the same girl?

He's been with the same girl for just over a year now. Who knows...he says they're very good friends:think

Val, that ghan cam eout great!:clap

Judy, your techie family sounds like mine: Yesterday dh was reading on his Kindle, I was on my laptop, and then reading on my Nook, ds was over and reading on his ipad, and also playing a game with a friend on his i-phone, while dd read on her kindle fire and messaged her friends on her i-phone.
That's a hoot!:lol

Have a good night,my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Wishing you the best on your surgery. You'll feel much better after it. I've had thyroid surgery twice. I grew a goiter on each half and they removed them. I started medicine after the second surgery. One tip I will give you if to keep your surgery line covered up if your out in the sun (like going for a walk or sitting out in the sun). They told me not to get it sunburned. I had a piece of homemade banana cake at a friends house tonight. It was yummy! So go get some cake and feel better now.

Mary, Beautiful scarves! I have the surreybelle pattern but marked the other one. The ripple is really pretty to. The pic of Luke is priceless. He's getting so big.

Joanne, Sorry your work project has been extended. At least they see more time is needed to accomplish what they want to. Hope you find your balance with work and your personal life so you don't get burnt out. Glad you had time with Ryan.

Judy, Your yarn sounds real pretty. Hope the knitting works out for you. Cute pic of DH and the dogs. Everyone on there gadets is the way the world is getting. Everything is so portable now days it just makes life easier in many ways.

Cindy, Don't blame you for wanting to stay home where it's cooler, now that DH says you can get away. I dislike these 90 degree days. Enjoy your time off doing whatever you decide to do.

Marisa, Sorry things didn't work out with the teacher. Many more bonfires to come yet this summer. Hope your feeling better soon.

Val, Your work is beautiful! I really like how you run the name down the side instead of across.

Linda, Glad your enjoying your vacation. :clap for trying spinning. Hope Kim isn't getting sick again, but it's not your problem. Glad you'll be in your apt real soon. Enjoy your week with your DD and her friends.

I'm glad last week is over. I was at my sisters for nine hours helping her get things ready for my nieces open house. We went to her open house and also to are GS Zack's. Both were nice parties.

My BIL has been scheduled for surgery but it won't happen until the end of Sept. It is the doctors first open date.

SD's Mom is doing chemo for 3 months. She was even nice and thanked me for coming. Guess she forgot she is the one who never wanted me or us around when she would be. She doesn't look good. Glad she was feeling well enough to be there.

My sister told me this weekend one of her gfs is in hospice. It happened on saturday the day her daughter was getting married. That had to be a hard thing for the family to do on such a memorable day. Tina use to come in the restaurant where I worked. I know her husband we rode the bus together. Tina's picture is on a billboard for cancer near my hometown. I shared a picture of it on facebook.

This week thursday and friday we have to go to the UofM hospital. Hubby is having two test done and one is a 24 hour test. We'll be staying at my sisters thursday night.

Saturday I want to go back to are hometown and go to the parade. It's Yankee Doodle Days. It is usually a really nice parade. Then we have a birthday party for my great niece. She'll be two.

DD, DS, Payton and Jocelyn were here yesterday. I made homemade pancakes and homemade waffeles. They played the wii (bowling) the kids had a great time doing it. DS and Payton played a football game and they loved that. It was nice having everyone together.

Looks like another busy week. Hope everyone has a great week!

Good morning!

Just finished reading through all the posts and of course I am now out of time!!! Will try and post more this evening. I did go to craft club last night and had a wonderful time!!

Julie- I'll be thinking of you today~~

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

flyby! Odds and ends to do today - including getting Miss Lucy to the groomer for her annual bath:lol

Later, gators!:hug:manyheart

Hi House. :) This will be quick - I've read through posts, though!

Marlene ~ I hope your DH's tests this week help with a diagnosis. :hug What fun to have the grandkids for a visit!

Cindy ~ Yep! We do have the right to change our minds. :lol Let us know what you decide to do!

I have a dental appointment at 9, then straight to DD's to babysit while she goes to two appointments. Have a great day! :manyheart

Archived