Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda, Kim's John is what my mom would have called "a piece of work". (It's not a compliment.) It sounds like he is getting worse as time goes on. I wonder if he is slightly upset at your soon to be independence? I also think a storage unit is probably a good idea. One less thing for him to gripe about. So glad you will soon be on your own. Your new home sounds like its going to look terrific!

Joanne, we got rid of our pool last year. We haven't decided yet what is going in its place, but we are leaning toward a picnic pavilion with a fireplace at one end. I suppose a gazebo would be a more practical idea! Whatever it is, it likely won't happen this year. I have a lot of perennials that were planted around the pool that I want to save, and it will take me a while to transplant all of them.

Mary, how long before the little bird will be ready to go out on its own?

Val, the afghan sounds really nice. You sure can make those in a hurry.

Judy, hope your weather isn't too bad. Glad your god-daughter and her dad are home safely. Hope ds's trip home is uneventful as well.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stay cool everyone - looks like a line of storms might be coming through tonight. Eeek.

At least my goddaughter and her dad are back from Africa all in one piece... and our DS doesn't fly home till late tomorrow afternoon, from St. Martin

Joanne - you'll love being in the pool with Ryan!!:clap

...and isn't it false economy to turn off the office's AC completely for the weekend. I would think it would have to work harder to catch up:think

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

I would think so too about the AC being off all weekend! Maybe they don't turn it all the way off?? Who know- all I know is when I walked in the door this morning it was hot and stuffy! TG I keep a fan at my desk!:) Glad to hear that your goddaughter and dad are back from Africa- I'll bet she'll have lots to tell you about her trip!

Linda, Kim's John is what my mom would have called "a piece of work". (It's not a compliment.) I had to laugh since that is exactly what I called him in my post- "a piece of work" (and not a compliment either;) It sounds like he is getting worse as time goes on. I wonder if he is slightly upset at your soon to be independence? I also think a storage unit is probably a good idea. I agree One less thing for him to gripe about. So glad you will soon be on your own. Your new home sounds like its going to look terrific!

Joanne, we got rid of our pool last year. We haven't decided yet what is going in its place, but we are leaning toward a picnic pavilion with a fireplace at one end. I suppose a gazebo would be a more practical idea! Whatever it is, it likely won't happen this year. I have a lot of perennials that were planted around the pool that I want to save, and it will take me a while to transplant all of them. DH keeps saying- what will we do with the big empty spot? (it's a large oval pool and one end of the deck is curved around the end of the pool) We have beautiful azaleas and rocks along the length of one side of the pool. I keep saying we'll figure something out! I'm thinking we'll enjoy it this year and then maybe next year get rid of it.

Mary, how long before the little bird will be ready to go out on its own?

Val, the afghan sounds really nice. You sure can make those in a hurry.Forgot to congratulate Val on another order for an afghan!

Judy, hope your weather isn't too bad. Glad your god-daughter and her dad are home safely. Hope ds's trip home is uneventful as well.

Didn't realize we were getting storms till Judy mentioned it--and now that I look outside, it does look like the wind is kicking up and it's getting darker out there!

My middle DD's BF and brothers offered to help open the pool and may be coming this weekend to do that. But just in case something comes up, DH made an appointment with a pool company to do it on 6/15....so the pool will either be opened this weekend or not till 6/15- which is fine by me. As long as I'm the one that doesn't have to do it, all's good. I don't mind keeping it up since we have an automatic vacuum cleaner- DH just puts it in and it goes around the pool and then we just check the chemicals to make sure the pH is good. Since we don't have any trees by the pool, it really is fairly easy. The hardest part is opening it up and closing it down.

I would really just as soon sell the pool (or give it away) and then put a gazebo or something in its spot- but everyone keeps asking when are you opening the pool--especially DD who can't wait to bring Ryan into the pool. So we'll have it at least another year! :lol

Yay, for getting the pool opened up. :clap:clap:clap I'll bet Ryan has a blast in it.

Thanks for letting me vent. Tonight, Kim's John is saying it's okay to have the table and dresser in this garage until I move. :think He just truly doesn't like it that my way of thinking about things and organizing things isn't like his. And, of course, his is the only right way. :blush But since it's a done deal, he's still grumbling, but going along with it. I have to clear the space in the garage, but he'll help tote the things over from Rosie and John's garage. He sees the storage unit as a waste of money. :P Of course!

Wishing you all a good day! Still hot and humid here- just got a spritz of rain it looks like.

Heading to DD's after work so we can watch the 1st game of the Stanley Cup Finals together!!!GO DEVILS!!!!! :cheer

Have a good day, friends!!

Good morning. Miss Kim is in an ornery mood today. Won't leave her breathing treatment on for any length of time. She has a doctor's appointment this afternoon so we'll be out for a bit.

Take care everyone. Love you all. :hug:manyheart:hug

Good afternoon ladies :hi

This is the first chance I had to stop in, I've been busy all day already...but don't ask WHAT I did because I have no clue :eek:lol Today is my Friday :clap I have to pack when I get home and I have towels in the dryer. I'll want to watch the Celtics/Heat game too. Hopefully find a bit of time to crochet and I need to find patterns to make my friend's twins ghans....she seems to like squares so I'll see what I can find, which would be perfect for my travels too :yes

I have a new patient scheduled for 3:30 but I really don't expect him :think The Pirates lost last night, 8-1 :eek I left in the 8th inning after we had a 2 hour rain delay :sigh

I'm not sure how much I'll get in while I'm away, but I hope to :yes

Mary - How is your scarf coming along?

Linda - I knew that John would see the storage unit as a waste of money!!! He'll never be happy with anything. He really hates knowing that you can live your life without being dependent on him :yes So glad you had fun crocheting and helping the kids with theirs :yes I love all the things you've gotten so far and just for the record....I think you need to pick up what you like when you find the good deals because it may not be there when you go back if you wait on it :yes I can't wait to see it all put together....I love bright, bold colors :manyheart I hope Kim's appt goes well

Val - Oooooo, have fun at HL :bounce

Joanne - I wouldn't count on getting rid of the pool next year either :eek No that Ryan's in the picture...that pool isn't going anywhere for quite a while :wink But don't worry....you'll love every minute of it :yes Good luck tonight :hug

Judy - Glad to hear that your goddaughter and her dad got back safely, I bet you can't wait to see pics and hear all about her trip :yay I hope ds has safe travels as well :hug

Cindy - a picnic pavilion sounds like a good idea since you always seem to have people around. The gazebo would be good too though :think decisions, decisions :lol

Hi all,

Marisa- Safe Travels and hope you have a great time visiting in Tampa!!!!

To the rest of the house- Hugs to all---now it's off to DD's for the Devils game!!!

Good evening to everyone. It was downright cold here today. I ended up getting the day off today, (apparently ots very quiet at work at the moment), so I had the grandsons over. They did lots of running around in the woods, so I'm sure they will sleep well tonight. (I know I will!!)

Nothing much got done today, but there is always tomorrow. I knit a bit on a scarf, but its hard to concentrate with the boys around, and my slow laborious knitting requires concentration.

Marisa, wishing you safe travels.

Good morning!

Late night watching my Devils lose in Overtime!! :-( ...it's only game 1, so hopefully they bounce back and win game 2 on Saturday!!!

Cindy- it sounds like you had a great day with your grandsons- and sure you all slept like babies!!!! Nothing like fresh air and being outdoors!!!

Val- what kind of afghan are you going to make for your newest order?

Marisa- Safe travels- and enjoy Tampa!

Judy- Did you have book club last night?

Busy, busy day on tap at work with meetings all day- can't wait to come home to hook and yarn! I want to finish a stash basket I started that is languishing on the arm of my couch!

Have a good day one and all!

Hi, ladies!

Joanne, no, we had book club a couple of weeks ago - it's usually the third Thursday.

Poor Devils...both teams seemed to have a hard time getting started last night!

Cindy, we had cool weather last night - not cold like you, but nice! I know what you mean about needing to concentrate when knitting!:lol

I started making 14 inch squares for Miss Lucy's official blankie! 2 strands - at the moment am using bright pink and Iris (Pounders) - and I'll see what comes next when I run out of this...:lol It's the textured stitch I just used for th ebright baby ghan. Hopefully she won't be able to destry such a dense pattern:P

Good Morning, House. :rain We're having beautiful rain!

Judy ~ The baby ghan is wonderful. :clap The colors are such happy ones! Love the pictures of Sparkie and Lucy, too! :manyheart

Valerie ~ Did you get lots of goodies at Hobby Lobby?:hook You must be crocheting a lot with all of the orders. :crocheting

Linda ~ I hope Kim's appointment went well and that things are going okay with her husband. :hug

Marisa ~ Have a great time in Tampa! Did your patient show up?

Cindy ~ I'm glad you had yesterday off and could spend time with the grandkids. You had asked about little bird...we think he will be ready to release in about 2 weeks. He's eating seed and drinking water, but we're still supplementing with formula twice a day. Of course, I'm way too attached to him (or her?). :lol

Joanne ~ I hope your work day goes by quickly - and then it's Friday!

I woke up at 4 to super loud thunder and lots of lightening. Laundry is about done and will wait to run errands until the rain moves on. Have a great morning!

Good morning everyone. It's overcast today and supposed to rain tomorrow. They are supposed to come and pressure wash the house today and replace rotten boards, then paint it after tomorrow's rain moves on. It will be basically the same color it is now, a greenish-gray.

Kim's appointment went well. She has a recheck appointment in 6 months if they are still here.

John was talking to one of his acquaintances at work and found out that they are just starting looking for a house to buy, so they may be over this weekend to look at the house.

I've been measuring furniture so that Rosie and I can play on paper with where to put my stuff in the apartment this weekend. The bedroom is 11' by 19' with two 2' by 5'4" closets on one end and the living room is 12' by 21'. The walls are a soft beige with white blinds.

Hi, ladies!

I started making 14 inch squares for Miss Lucy's official blankie! 2 strands - at the moment am using bright pink and Iris (Pounders) - and I'll see what comes next when I run out of this...:lol It's the textured stitch I just used for th ebright baby ghan. Hopefully she won't be able to destry such a dense pattern:P

Sounds like a pretty and bright blankie for Miss Lucy.

baby ghan

Gorgeous!

furples

Ohhhhhhh! How sweet!

A week from today I'll be flying up to see my daughter and grandson! I'm counting the days. And two and a half weeks after I get back I move into my apartment! Yay! Then I'll be unpacking for who knows how long! :eek But it will be my things in my place. And I'll have a great excuse not to come over here and help out John whenever he wants someone to watch Kim while he does something. :devil Here is a picture of one of the dragons I bought last weekend. It was love at first sight. :manyheart

post-9295-135897761981_thumb.jpg

Have a great day. :manyheart

Hello everyone. Cool and cloudy here today, and its supposed to rain alter on. we could really sue some rain, its very dry here.

Judy, nice 'ghan and Sparkie and Lucy look very photogenic in that picture.

Linda, your new rooms are a nice size. Just think, a week before you visit your daughter and then only a short time and you will be out on your own!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Linda ~ Your apartment has really good-sized rooms! You're going to have so much fun unpacking and decorating. :yay Hopefully John won't try to take advantage of you after you move...but then it can be on your schedule, not his. :D

Hi Cindy ~ I hope you get some rain. We've had more this year than the last two years, but it's always welcome!

Errands are done and it's almost time to feed little bird. Then crochet time until it's time to fix dinner. :yarn

Hi Mary. No rain yet, although it sure looks like its going to. I managed to get the laundry done today, do a bit of cleaning and I just put dinner in the oven. I even squeezed in a bit of "culture"!

Last fall I bought a membership to Frederick Meijer Gardens. They have a bunch of galleries where they have art exhibits, and every few months there is a new one. DD and I try to get to each exhibit, so today we went to see the latest one. It is a sculpture exhibit by an artist named Beverly Pepper. My assessment of her talent is that she was in the right place at the right time. I actually like her work quite a bit, but it doesn't really strike me as something that requires true talent, it's more like her vision struck a chord with the right people, and as a result she became successful. You get the feeling that lots of people could have done what she does. (Maybe I'm being unfair, she did graduate from an art college.) I feel that way about a lot of modern art. Dd would disagree with me about some of this, although she felt the same about Pepper's work

The sculpture garden at the same venue has many sculptures that seem more "artistic" to me. I guess art truly is in the eye of the beholder.

While we were at the gardens we did a bit of walking on a boardwalk that runs through wetlands. About halfway through we were "dive-bombed" repeatedly by a small bird. As we came back along the trail, on another path, which took us close to the first path, the bird flew at us again. We think that it probably had a nest close by, but we did not look too hard for it. The bird really was too close for comfort. It actually touched my hair on one of its attacks.

Hi all--TGIF!!!

Judy- Love the pic of Lucy and Sparkie!!! So adorable together! And of course, love the bright ghan!!

Cindy- I love going to see new art by emerging artists- I guess it doesn't hurt that both my middle DD and her BF are artists!!! And art, IMO, is definitely in the eye of the beholder! It sure sounds like you and DD had a nice day together!!!

Linda- Let the countdown begin!! Your apartment sounds like it is going to be lovely and the rooms are a nice size!! You must be so excited to be planning layouts and picking up things for your own place!!! I am beyond happy for you!

Val- I hate when I lose posts- and it's happened more than once. Hope you have a good day---did you decide on the afghan you are making for your newest order?

Mary- Did you get in any crocheting? It sure sounds like you are enjoying taking care of the little bird!

Off to get ready for Friday in Paradise! Have a good one, my friends!

Good Morning. :manyheart

I am so sorry its been so long since I checked in, life just seems to slip away sometimes.

Julie~I hope you have/had a ton of fun on your reunion trip. :hug

I hope the rest of you are doing well. :ghug I am too far behind to even try to catch up. Everything here is okay....Elijah us growing too fast, school is going well, and everything else is well everything else. ;)

post-5371-135897762102_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897762105_thumb.jpg

Archived