Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning all. Overcast again today and supposed to get some rain. No rain yesterday and no painters either. They are again supposed to come and power wash and replace boards again today. We'll see if they show up today.

Went to the prayer shawl group last night. Taught Jenny's mom how to do the Shimmery Shawl (No Brainer Shawl) and taught Michelle how to do her broomstick lace shawl, which is going to be fabulous when it's done. I might even have to have a go at that pattern. I've done broomstick lace before, but not for a long time.

Hi Mary. No rain yet, although it sure looks like its going to. I managed to get the laundry done today, do a bit of cleaning and I just put dinner in the oven. I even squeezed in a bit of "culture"!

Last fall I bought a membership to Frederick Meijer Gardens. They have a bunch of galleries where they have art exhibits, and every few months there is a new one. DD and I try to get to each exhibit, so today we went to see the latest one. It is a sculpture exhibit by an artist named Beverly Pepper. My assessment of her talent is that she was in the right place at the right time. I actually like her work quite a bit, but it doesn't really strike me as something that requires true talent, it's more like her vision struck a chord with the right people, and as a result she became successful. You get the feeling that lots of people could have done what she does. (Maybe I'm being unfair, she did graduate from an art college.) I feel that way about a lot of modern art. Dd would disagree with me about some of this, although she felt the same about Pepper's work

The sculpture garden at the same venue has many sculptures that seem more "artistic" to me. I guess art truly is in the eye of the beholder.

While we were at the gardens we did a bit of walking on a boardwalk that runs through wetlands. About halfway through we were "dive-bombed" repeatedly by a small bird. As we came back along the trail, on another path, which took us close to the first path, the bird flew at us again. We think that it probably had a nest close by, but we did not look too hard for it. The bird really was too close for comfort. It actually touched my hair on one of its attacks.

That looks like a great place to check out art and just enjoy all the wonderful gardens and sculptures. Poor mama bird must be going nuts with her nest so near to two different walking paths.

Good Morning. :manyheart

I am so sorry its been so long since I checked in, life just seems to slip away sometimes.

Julie~I hope you have/had a ton of fun on your reunion trip. :hug

I hope the rest of you are doing well. :ghug I am too far behind to even try to catch up. Everything here is okay....Elijah us growing too fast, school is going well, and everything else is well everything else. ;)

Great looking pictures! Glad things are going well for you.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday followed by a great weekend. Rosie and I are already making plans for the weekend. A fabric store visit is definitely one the list of things to do and places to go. Also putting together a quilt sandwich for Rosie for one of her granddaughters. She was given the quilt top by a gal in Colorado who wants Rosie to teach her to quilt.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick check in.

Pain has eased up in the finger joints.

It's cloudy and cooler here. I think there's a 60% chance of rain.

Tab - It's good to hear from you. I'm glad that school is working out for you. What is your major? Nice picture of the boys.

Linda - Sounds like you're enjoying yourself inspite of John and his attitude. Wishing you a good Friday and a great weekend as well. Your apartment sounds wonderful.

Marisa - Hope you're enjoying yourself in Tampa. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Cindy - Is it possible to have a combination of both the gazebo and picnic pavilion?

Joanne - My new order is blue/yellow(gold). The body of the ghan is blue with yellow/golden stripes evenly spaced. The girl's name will go down the left hand side of the blanket. Did you get any hooking time in last night?

Judy - Sparkie and Lucy are soooo cute! They appear to get along so well. I love your baby ghan. What stitch did you use?

Mary - I only bought yarn for the new order during my trip to HL. Yes, I'm crocheting a lot. I have 1/2 of the new ghan done. I didn't really crochet as much yesterday. I'll post pictures of both ghans when I complete the blue one. What are you crocheting?

Going to do a little cleaning and handle some business. I'll try to get some hooking time in later?

Have a great day housemates!!

Hi - trouble logging on today!

Val, the st I used is called the textured stitch, which is sc, dc, sc....repeat....nice and thick.:)

Linda, your apartment seems to be a terrific size! will you officially be off the payroll at the end of this month? I think your other job prospects are better ones for you at this stage of your life.

Hi to everyone else....off to work on Miss Lucy's blanket squares. The stair carpet is all defurred so now I can relax.:lol

Hello everyone. Last day off before going back to work tomorrow. I didn't accomplish much considering I ended up with a week off, but I feel nice and rested.

Tab, good to hear from you. The boys are looking great!

I did some sewing this morning, (mostly stuff like fixing hems that had fallen out, sewing up seams coming loose and that sort of thing), and am now working on cleaning out my desk drawers.

Sorry I'm so terrible at checking in, but I thought you'd like to see what I've been doing. These will all be going to Project Linus. My kids are getting worried that I seem to have babies on the brain.:D

post-51264-135897762147_thumb.jpg

post-51264-13589776215_thumb.jpg

post-51264-135897762153_thumb.jpg

post-51264-135897762155_thumb.jpg

Happy Friday! And we even have pictures on "Photo Friday!" :hook

Tabby ~ Oh, I'm so glad things are going well. All of your boys are so good-looking and Elijah is just adorable. :c9

Phyllis ~ Beautiful work! :cheer The Catherine's Wheel is so pretty in those colors...it's been on my list for way too long. :) You are so talented and it's always fun to see what you've been working on!

Cindy ~ Your day with DD sounds wonderful. We have fabulous museums and galleries in Fort Worth - and I don't take advantage of them often enough. Like you, I have trouble understanding the "art" part of some modern art. :lol

Valerie ~ I hope your fingers are feeling better - they must be tired from all the crocheting you're doing. :wink Do you have a deadline for any of the 'ghans?

Linda ~ Have a great weekend! It sounds like you and Rosie will be busy. :shop

Joanne ~ Do you have plans for the weekend?

Julie ~ I can't remember when you'll be back home, but hope you have had a wonderful time at the reunion! Can't wait to hear all about it. :yes

I met DD and Luke for lunch. He ate a whole grilled cheese sandwich and some fruit. :lol She was taking him swimming from there and I came home to finish some paperwork. Have a good afternoon!

Sorry I'm so terrible at checking in, but I thought you'd like to see what I've been doing. These will all be going to Project Linus. My kids are getting worried that I seem to have babies on the brain.:D

Awesome projects!!!

Yea...you probably have the kids in panic mode:lol:lol:lol:lol

I met DD and Luke for lunch. He ate a whole grilled cheese sandwich and some fruit. :lol She was taking him swimming from there and I came home to finish some paperwork. Have a good afternoon!

wow...he's getting so big!! An entire sandwich!:cheer

Phyllis, your projects look great. And how nice of you to make things for such a great cause.

Mary, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has some mixed feeling about what passes for art these days. Its not that I don't like it, because quite often I do, it just isn't what my mind thinks of as art.

Anyhow...still working on the desk drawers. There are four large drawers, all of which I have stuffed full of paper. It's taking a lot longer than I expected to get through all of it.

Hi all,

Love the pictures of your family Tabitha!! Eli is getting so big!!!!!!

Phyllis- EACH AND EVERY ONE of your afghans is GORGEOUS!!!! I chuckled at your comment about your kids starting to worry!!! Thanks for the laugh-- I needed it!

Judy- Love the pics of the furples!

Val- I thought the same thing as someone else that maybe all the crocheting is causing the joints to ache?? Anyway, I did get some crocheting last night- stash basket by Purl Bee- and after about 45 minutes, I got tired and called it an early night. Good thing since I had a LONG day in Paradise. Next week is going to be intense at work- so I'm going to take it easy this weekend!

Linda- Enjoy your time shopping with Rosie- and part of me hopes the power wash guy didn't show up today! Just to get at John!

Julie and Marisa- thinking of you while you are away!

Mary- Wow- Luke is a hungry little guy!!! I'm so happy that you live close to him- it's wonderful living close by to my GS!

My good friend from work passed her nursing boards!! I'm so happy for her. She's worked so hard these past 5 years- going to nursing school at night and working full time in Paradise! It made my day!!!

Cindy- Hope you have an easy weekend at work! You reminded me that I should really clean out my desk drawers- I have tons of stuff that I really just need to shred! I should probably work on that tomorrow morning!

good morning, peeps!

Not much on the agenda today...more hook time, I'm sure.:hook

For those not on FB, Lucy's pic was randomly chosen on the Chet the Dog FB page - she'll be the cover girl for the month and I get an autographed copy of one of the author's earlier "Chet" books:D

Have a good one everybody - and Joanne, congrats to your coworker!:clap

BBL!

good morning, peeps!

Not much on the agenda today...more hook time, I'm sure.:hook

For those not on FB, Lucy's pic was randomly chosen on the Chet the Dog FB page - she'll be the cover girl for the month and I get an autographed copy of one of the author's earlier "Chet" books:D

Have a good one everybody - and Joanne, congrats to your coworker!:clap

BBL!

Congrats to Lucy and having her pic randomly chosen!! Enjoy the "Chet" book!

Not much on my agenda for today--the usual Saturday morning stuff, and a trek to Trader Joe's. Tonight, though- Devils game #2!!! Go Devils!

Good afternoon Housemates!

Judy - Thanks! I am understanding that you're alternating the sc and dc. I use that stitch for my hat and scarf sets. I never new what the stitch was called. Congrats on Lucy's photo being randomly chosen and your winning a book.

Phyllis - I love all of your blankets.

Mary - My joints were fine this morning. I use to wake up with them swollen and hurting almost everyday. I think it stopped because I'd started taking advil regularly. I haven't taken any in while and with the increased crocheting, I guess the inflammation flaired up. There's a little soreness in the joints but I didn't have any pain this morning. The only blanket with a date is the first order for a Bama ghan (August). My cousin gave me the order from one of her customers but failed to tell me she was on fixed income so I've had to start a small ghan. The Houndstooth is complete and was due this month but they had to postpone the party and will pick it up at the end of this month. The latest order has no due date but the customer will take it as soon as I get it done. Her niece had a hard first year of college and very little family support. She is giving her the blanket as an encouragement gift. I'll get back to the Bama football field ghan after I complete the 2 orders. I think we're going to raffle it off during football season unless someone is willing to pay the price of it's worth. Luke is really growing up. Your dd is going to have a huge grocery bill if Luke continues to eat...you know what they say about growing boys:lol.

Cindy - Did you finish your desk drawers? I hope you're having a easy day back at work.

Joanne - I'd been having pain for a while and I think I got it under control when taking advil. I haven't taken any in a while so that combined with the extra crocheting is probably what caused the flair up. I'm glad you going to take it easy this weekend. Congrats on your co-workers success. Hope your Devils win tonight!

Linda - Enjoy your outing with Rosie!

Marlene, Marissa & Julie - you are missed! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

My best friend from Bama drove over yesterday. We spent the afternoon at my sister's house before she and her kids drove back home. I spent the evening with 2 of my sisters, my niece and my great niece. We had dinner and I didn't get home until after 11 pm.

Well, I'm going to do a little cleaning and back to hooking. Have a great day everybody!

Here are some of the projects that I've recently finished:

The baby blanket for my DD's sister-in-laws twin girl to be, a blue shawl for me that I made out of the Queensland Rustic DK yarn I bought in Boston, a purple shawl made from Valley Yarns Superwash (I used the York Shawlette pattern by Anastacia Zittel for both ) and the Stash Basket out of good ole' RHSS. (pattern by Purl Soho)

post-27163-135897762262_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897762265_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897762268_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897762271_thumb.jpg

Quick visit from me today. Work was good, and we are just about to head out to MIL's birthday party.

Val, glad you joints are less sore today. Sounds like you have a nice weekend going on.

Joanne, as always your projects look great.

Congrats to "pin-up-girl" Lucy!

Hope everyone else is having a great day.

Hi Ladies,

I've been missing because I have had a headache all day thursday, friday I had a migraine and today I have a headache as bad as thrusdays was. I usually do have one the day after a migraine but not like this. Hopefully tomorrow is headache free. We have are grandson Zack's graduation in the afternoon. I will be there regardless.

Judy, Joanne, and Phyllis, you all have beautiful work. Lots of nice things being made. I'm still working on that afghan for Zack.

Judy, Congrats on Lucy and you winning a book.

Tab, Great pic of your boys! Elijah sure is growing.

Joanne, What does Trader Joe's sell? I think they have one in Texas, in Corpus Christy.

Cindy, Have a nice time at MIL's birthday party. I had a really large desk and went to a smaller one. Wish I never would of done that. I miss those big drawers. I have a large tote I put everything in and I need to go through it sometime soon.

Val, It's nice you got to spend some time with your BF and your 2 sisters. Hope your aches and pains go away.

Mary, Luke is a big boy now eating a whole grilled cheese. One of my favorite sandwiches with a bowl of tomato soup (Campbell's). The cupcakes we made were confetti. A white cake mix with bright colors like confetti in it. I don't remember which brand. She asked for cherry chip for her birthday cupcakes.

Linda, Hope your out enjoying your weekend with Rosie. In case I don't make it back before you go to your DD's have a wonderful time. You certainly deserve a vacation. Your rooms in your apt sound just right.

Marisa, Have a safe travel to Tampa (hope I have that right).

I'll be back when this headache feels better or not so intense. Have a good weekend everyone!

Here are some of the projects that I've recently finished:

The baby blanket for my DD's sister-in-laws twin girl to be, a blue shawl for me that I made out of the Queensland Rustic DK yarn I bought in Boston, a purple shawl made from Valley Yarns Superwash (I used the York Shawlette pattern by Anastacia Zittel for both ) and the Stash Basket out of good ole' RHSS. (pattern by Purl Soho)

Beautiful!!! I love the purple shawl in particular....:clap

Good luck to the Devils tonight! I'll be watching the Yankees much od the time, though;)

Quick visit from me today. Work was good, and we are just about to head out to MIL's birthday party.

Enjoy!

We had a nice day...visited a couple of nurseries, looking for small odds and ends for our yard...and early this evening we all went out for a ride. The neighbors waved as the 4 of us drove away. The entire family went out with car windows open and fur flying around!:lol

Now the pups are taking a nap:c9

Have a good night everyone!:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Marlene - Thanks. I hope your headache goes away. I have migraines and they take everything out of you. Congrats to Zack.

Joanne - Everything...blanket, shawls and stash basket are beautiful. Go Devils!!

Cindy - Thanks! Hope you're having fun at MIL's BD party. Glad work was good!

Judy - Lucy looks so good. Ms Playgirl of the month!

Have a good night housemates!!!

Good morning!

Sad to say, my Devils lost again last night- but not without playing a good game- that went into Overtime again. They were tied going into overtime and then lost 2-1..Such a heart-breaker, and I'm starting to think that this year it's the Kings who are going to win the Stanley Cup, not my Devils:( No one expected them to get this far, though!!

Off to get my coffee and I'll BBL!!

:hug

'morning peeps!

Nice Sunny and comfortably cool morning here in the Garden State!

Judy - Lucy looks so good. Ms Playgirl of the month!

She LOVES posing:lol

Good morning!

Sad to say, my Devils lost again last night- but not without playing a good game- that went into Overtime again. They were tied going into overtime and then lost 2-1..Such a heart-breaker, and I'm starting to think that this year it's the Kings who are going to win the Stanley Cup, not my Devils:( No one expected them to get this far, though!!

Off to get my coffee and I'll BBL!!

:hug

We saw that...rough game, and so many "could-haves" goal-wise.... Brodeur was great, though, despite the loss.

I was watching the game at at one point said to hubby - "I see a sweep by LA":(

Have a good one - cu all later:hug:manyheart

Morning Housemates!

Joanne - Sorry the Devils lost!

Judy - How's things with the DS and new girlfriend?

What is everybody doing today?

I have to take down 9 rows on the blue and gold ghan...started the 4th letter on the opposite side. Always stop crocheting when you're tired. I could have at least finished 2 more letters...now I still have 3 to do. Don't know if I'll touch it today or not. I'm still trying to decide!

Have a great day everyone!

BBL!

Hi House! :)

Judy ~ Lucy is beautiful! I think she's the first "cover girl" I actually know! :lol

Joanne ~ Your work is wonderful. :clap I love the yarn colors you used for the shawls! :yarn

Valerie ~ Oh No! So sorry about your having to frog so much hard work. :hugYour friend's niece will have something so special. You're right - I have trouble crocheting (or doing anything else :D) when I'm tired.

Marlene ~ I was raised on Campbell's tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. :lol And the soup always has to have celery salt sprinkled on top. I hope your headache is much better today and that the graduation goes well!

We spent most of yesterday in the back yard. There were still two large areas that needed to be cleaned up and extra mulch added. Then I fertilized all of my flowers and herbs.:) Today will be laundry and boring things ;)...then maybe some crochet time!

Just checking in. Picked up a bit in my room. Cooked some dirty rice. Refuse to crochet or frog.

My sister is cooking a pot roast in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots.

I am bored but don't want to do the things I need to do.

Oh well!

Archived