Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Anybody here watch Dance Moms? I've just started watching it and I'm totally hooked. I've been trying to figure out why this one clicks with me and I think I've figured it out. I was one of the founding members of The Masque Youth Theatre and School Inc. in Rochester, MN. My kids were in the classes, troupes, and plays that they produced. Sylvia was a milder version of the director in Dance Moms. I can relate to the feelings of the moms in the show, because there were times I was jealous of the kids who always seemed to be in the productions and mine were only occasionally included. And there were times when I'm sure other moms were jealous of my kids, because they seemed to get preferencial treatment. And yet Sylvia was capable of pulling things from my kids that I found it hard to believe was even in them. I'm really glad that they got to experience being in that group of children. MN has an Arts High School and The Masque Youth Theatre and School Inc had a very high percentage of participants get into the Arts High School which says a lot for the training they received under Sylvia. My daughter was one of the ones who got into the program and it was a wonderful experience for her. Both of my kids took classes and Joy was an excellent mime and in the performing puppet troupe. Will was in a number of the plays and amazed me with his performances. I even took a mime class and had a ball.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good late morning housemates :hi

Well, the game was very painful to watch last night (not for Joanne and Judy I'm sure) and quite embarassing. I'm wondering if that's the lowest Pitt has ever scored in one game :think The team did not play well together nor did they seem to want to be there :shrug They are now 11-6 for the season and of the 6 losses, the last 5 were in a row :eek So anyways, when we got there finding parking was horrible and then as we were walking back to the car....I realized I had lost my keys :eek So back to the top of steps outside the arena we go and the guys at the information desk knew nothing....not if any keys were found, not where stuff gets taken when it's lost, not how to ask anyone :think Very interesting information desk, so we waited around for the head guy to get back and he said there was a set at security and one of the guys brought us down and :yay they were mine. Meanwhile, my sister's friend Nora works at all the sports events in town with the media crew and she spotted us when we first got there and text steph that she was gonna have the camera crew put us on the jumbotron :lol So we called her while the keys were lost, and wouldn't let her leave until we knew they were mine. So it was an evening to remember. Not to mention when we were looking for parking, some guy almost hit me 3x :eek The same guy in the same spot :shrug Needless to say we were glad to get home :yes

No hooking time for me last night then, but I did read a bit. I came into the office a bit later today and I don't think my heater is working :think But I'm giving it until I check in here and will try again before calling the landlord.

Cindy - Did you finish up your errands yesterday?

Judy - :yay for the new tv and table

Mary - I hope you got a good night sleep :hug

Linda - It's raining here too, been since yesterday. I even wore my galoshes to the game :lol Of course you'll find your black fabric as soon as you buy some more :sigh WTG on the prayer shawl :clap And, I have never watched Dance Moms, but it sounds like your kids had a great experience at the theater school

Christina - :welcome to our house and congrats on your engagement! I'm Marisa, a chiropractor in Pittsburgh. I just moved from Philadelphia and opened my office so I often race in here to let the ladies know when something good happens and to cry my sorrows when something not so good happens :lol I am single and currently living with my sister and her bf here. Not sure what else right now :think But, you'll find that this group of ladies is absolutely amazing :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Christina,:welcome to are house! Congrats on your engagement! Hope you will enjoy are house as much as I do. This is a great group of ladies here.

I'm married have 3 adult children-a son, a daughter and a step daughter. We have 5 grand kids. Are youngest gd Maya you'll here me mention often as we have taken care of her the last 3 years full time until we go Texas for the winter. She is 5 now and in kindregarten.

Judy, :clap for finding the new tv and table.

Marisa, Sorry your team lost. Glad you were able to find your keys. Hope your heater is working.

Linda, At least the material you have to replace is replaceable. :clap for having enough yarn for the prayer shawl. What a great experience your kids had at theatre school.

Mary, Hope you got a good nights sleep.

Cindy and Joanne, Have a good day at paradise.

We have had beautiful and warm days here since we've been here. I can't remember it being this warm before. We did have some rain one morning. Right now were in a cool down for a couple of days, but it is going to warm right back up.

Hubby is doing fair. He's having migraines starting up since they took one of his bp pills away.

I'm helping in the kitchen again this year. We have 2 busy days coming up. The park is having a garage sale and we sell breakfast burritos at it.

So we are prepping all day friday to make saturday easier for us. Last year we sold 600 burritos.

I'm going to make peanut butter fudge to sell at the bake sale.

Have a nice day everyone!

Linda, At least the material you have to replace is replaceable. :clap for having enough yarn for the prayer shawl. What a great experience your kids had at theatre school.

I'm really glad they got to be in the Theatre group. Our director got national recognition while they were in it. All three of the troupes, story tellers, puppeteers, and mimes got requests to preform at the Renaisance Festival near the Twin Cities every year. Groups have to audition and only those that do well are invited back, so that says a lot about our kids and their director.

Mary, Hope you got a good nights sleep.

Cindy and Joanne, Have a good day at paradise.

We have had beautiful and warm days here since we've been here. I can't remember it being this warm before. We did have some rain one morning. Right now were in a cool down for a couple of days, but it is going to warm right back up.

Hubby is doing fair. He's having migraines starting up since they took one of his bp pills away.

Do you have a BP machine? Are you checking his BP when he's having the migraines? They can be a sign that the BP is dangerously high.

I'm helping in the kitchen again this year. We have 2 busy days coming up. The park is having a garage sale and we sell breakfast burritos at it.

So we are prepping all day friday to make saturday easier for us. Last year we sold 600 burritos.

I'm going to make peanut butter fudge to sell at the bake sale.

Have a nice day everyone!

That is a whole LOT of burritos, Marlene! Good luck with the sale.

Well, you'll all be happy to know that I called the landlord when the heat still would not come on and a guy has already been here, fixed the furnace, and is gone. It was just a blown fuse...easy peasy :)

That's good news! :yay :yay

Marisa, what a great thing that your keys were found. Sorry about your team though. I'm not much of a sports fan, except for hockey (well, I am Canadian!), and the Red Wings haven't been doing well either. In fact we ended up turning the tv off during the last game, they were playing so badly.

Marlene, it sounds like you and your dh just get right back into the action when you get to Texas. Glad you are enjoying such nice weather.

Mary, hope you caught up on your sleep.

Joanne, missed your good morning post. Hope all is well.

Linda, too bad you didn't find the fabric. At least its something you can find another use for when it re-appears. I'm glad you have enough yarn for the shawl too.

Work was quieter than usual today. Hopefully tomorrow is like that as well.

I didn't sleep well at all last night, so tonight I will likely either watch tv or read a book.

We are supposed to get our first big snowstorm of the year tonight and tomorrow. At the moment it is raining here, although I hear it is already snowing over on the lake shore. I'm not looking forward to driving in it tomorrow.

Marisa, I've never watched basketball - neither has DH. BUT it's nice to hear that Rutgers won;) TG you found your keys!:eek

Well, you'll all be happy to know that I called the landlord when the heat still would not come on and a guy has already been here, fixed the furnace, and is gone. It was just a blown fuse...easy peasy :)
Everything should be that easy:yes

We are supposed to get our first big snowstorm of the year tonight and tomorrow. At the moment it is raining here, although I hear it is already snowing over on the lake shore. I'm not looking forward to driving in it tomorrow.

Be careful!!:hug

Our new TV is here and sitting on it's stand...on the floor...waiting for the TV table to arrive tomorrow! It looks awesome. 51 inches of gleaming technology....and many wires waiting to be inserted....:lol:lol

Have a good night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi, Linda!

It's been pouring all night here...I saw robins a few days ago and also thought they were lost:lol:lol

We haven't had any winter...I want Lucy to experience her first snow!:P

:lol Keep that thought about snow to yourself!!!:lol:lol:lol There are some of us that have to drive in it:lol:lol:lol However, if you really want Lucy to experience her first snow, can you request it for a Saturday?:lol:lol:lol

Good morning! We finally have snow falling outside...lol...after the Halloween snowstorm, we've had nothing. Very odd for New England to go this long without a substantial storm.

I saw robins outside the other day too..poor things...hope they flew like h*ll to get out of here before the snow!

Thanks for the warm welcome Linda and Judy!

Welcome Christina!!! I'm Joanne, and I have 3 adult daughters and one cute little grandson who is 5 1/2 mos old who I :manyheart absolutely adore!!! My oldest lives in Boston--and I'm heading there tomorrow for a long weekend!! Where in New England are you? Hope the roads are ok tomorrow!

Good late morning housemates :hi

Well, the game was very painful to watch last night (not for Joanne and Judy I'm sure) and quite embarassing. I'm wondering if that's the lowest Pitt has ever scored in one game :think The team did not play well together nor did they seem to want to be there :shrug They are now 11-6 for the season and of the 6 losses, the last 5 were in a row :eek So anyways, when we got there finding parking was horrible and then as we were walking back to the car....I realized I had lost my keys :eek So back to the top of steps outside the arena we go and the guys at the information desk knew nothing....not if any keys were found, not where stuff gets taken when it's lost, not how to ask anyone :think Very interesting information desk, so we waited around for the head guy to get back and he said there was a set at security and one of the guys brought us down and :yay they were mine. Meanwhile, my sister's friend Nora works at all the sports events in town with the media crew and she spotted us when we first got there and text steph that she was gonna have the camera crew put us on the jumbotron :lol So we called her while the keys were lost, and wouldn't let her leave until we knew they were mine. So it was an evening to remember. Not to mention when we were looking for parking, some guy almost hit me 3x :eek The same guy in the same spot :shrug Needless to say we were glad to get home :yes

No hooking time for me last night then, but I did read a bit. I came into the office a bit later today and I don't think my heater is working :think But I'm giving it until I check in here and will try again before calling the landlord.

Cindy - Did you finish up your errands yesterday?

Judy - :yay for the new tv and table

Mary - I hope you got a good night sleep :hug

Linda - It's raining here too, been since yesterday. I even wore my galoshes to the game :lol Of course you'll find your black fabric as soon as you buy some more :sigh WTG on the prayer shawl :clap And, I have never watched Dance Moms, but it sounds like your kids had a great experience at the theater school

Christina - :welcome to our house and congrats on your engagement! I'm Marisa, a chiropractor in Pittsburgh. I just moved from Philadelphia and opened my office so I often race in here to let the ladies know when something good happens and to cry my sorrows when something not so good happens :lol I am single and currently living with my sister and her bf here. Not sure what else right now :think But, you'll find that this group of ladies is absolutely amazing :ghug

What a night you had!!:eek Pretty scary about the car keys!! What an adventure!!! And I didn't get to see the game--couldn't find it on TV--but of course I was kind of tired and too lazy to look it up!! Just kept flipping channels. Glad that Rutgers won!!!(and sorry that Pitt didn't seem to have their heart in the game)

Hi all,

Judy- The new tv sounds great--something my DH would absolutely adore- He's got his eye on a new tv he wants to get, but honestly, I think the one we have is just fine!

Cindy- Stay safe if you get the snow! We had pouring rain here today- the commute this morning was slow going! Some flooding on part of one of the roads I travel with a lane closed.

Linda- I agree with everyone- I'm sure the black fabric will turn up as soon as you buy more!

Marlene- Sounds like you are enjoying your time in TX so far. Good luck getting all those burritos done!!! I would check DH's BP too- could be high now that one of his bp meds was taken away!!

I didn't have time to post this morning! I got up with the alarm but hit the snooze button--something I haven't done in a while!! I'm really exhausted from this new responsibility at paradise--wouldn't be so bad i think if I was about 20 years younger!!

I had to get my oil changed after work and made it there 1/2 before they closed so that got taken care of--Whew!! Then came home, did laundry, packed, and loaded the car. I have to be at work at 7:30 for a phone conference, then a meeting at 8 and 9 and then I'll be heading to Beantown.

I doubt if I'll be back online until I'm up there so I'll wish you all a happy early Friday!!!

ETA Friday morning- Quick stop in while I have my coffee. May not be heading up to Beantown today and may wait till tomorrow early morning since there are high wind advisories up to 50 mph up the east coast from here to there! I'll see what the forecast is when I'm done with my meetings!

:lol Keep that thought about snow to yourself!!!:lol:lol:lol There are some of us that have to drive in it:lol:lol:lol However, if you really want Lucy to experience her first snow, can you request it for a Saturday?:lol:lol:lol
will do!:lol

Hi all,

Judy- The new tv sounds great--something my DH would absolutely adore- He's got his eye on a new tv he wants to get, but honestly, I think the one we have is just fine!

the picture on ours was miniscule every time he turned it on and would take longer each time before it filled the screen. Eleven years is a long time for the old behemoths! The sales guy at Sears laughed when we told him how long we had it...the new ones obviously may not be as good....

ETA Friday morning- Quick stop in while I have my coffee. May not be heading up to Beantown today and may wait till tomorrow early morning since there are high wind advisories up to 50 mph up the east coast from here to there! I'll see what the forecast is when I'm done with my meetings!

Safe travels, Joanne!

BBL!

Morning everyone. I managed to do quite a bit on the Christmas counted cross stitch picture yesterday. It's like I found the rhythm to it again. Have to take off my glasses to work on it but that's okay. Was really pleased with the progress. Looks like it will be doable.

Added some to the 3SUR last night too. I'm using bright red, green, and cornmeal at the moment. The red shows the most. Should have quite a few rows of the red and green mix as they were almost full skeins. I have a gold to add to them when the cornmeal runs out, which will be soon. And it's most of a skein, so will have a wide band there. I'm really putting a dent in the shelf of partial skeins already. Yay!!!

The temps were in the 20s last night. Brrr!!! It's still cold out there now. At least the skies are partly sunny, which is good.

Be care with the traveling, Joanne.

Good morning ladies :hi

Nothing exciting going on today. It's snowing here and the roads are dusted over and icy :eek But we're supposed to get the bulk later and tomorrow I think. I don't think I slept very well the last 2 nights since I'm feeling pretty groggy :( No patient's today, but I have one tomorrow morning. Which reminds me that while I'm here, I need to figure out how to check the messages on the office phone from my cell :lol Not something I've worried about until now

We're supposed to go to bean's nephews hockey game tonight, but steph is not sure now so we'll see what's going on as the day continues. I'll go with whatever she decides.

Linda - I'm glad that you found your groove with the cross stitch :clap And good progress on the 3SUR :yay

Cindy - Be careful going out, is it snowing there yet? I get into hockey if I'm there, but that's one that I don't really follow much otherwise :shrug I have a hard time following the puck on TV :lol

Judy - :yay for the new TV and your right....they don't make anything new like they used to :no Things used to be made to last, now they're made to break soon so you have to go buy a whole new one :(

Joanne - Glad you got everything done and I hope the meetings go quickly for you :xfin Sending positive thoughts to mother nature for the wind to die down so you can drive today :yes You need some relaxation!!

Happy Friday, House!

Marlene ~ Hi! I'm so glad you're having good weather. :) You always sound like you're having a ball with your snowbird friends.:yes I hope your DH can get rid of the migraines soon. :hug

Joanne ~ Have a safe and wonderful trip to Boston! :drive

Linda ~ Loved reading about the theater group! What a great experience it must have been. :) Oh dear, misplacing things must come with age. :wink I can't find my camera charger. :lol

Judy ~ Ooh, your new TV sounds like fun! Ours will probably go all at once - they're all getting old. :think What are you working on?

Marisa ~ Thank goodness you found your keys!! Be careful on those slick roads. :manyheart

Cindy ~ It sounds like winter has finally arrived for you all. Send some to Judy so Miss Lucy can play in it. :lol

Christina ~ I glanced at your blog and it's wonderful! You must be so excited to be planning a wedding. :)

Hi to anyone I may have missed. :manyheart

Very close to finishing the RR - maybe today!

Hi all,

Decided to forego the traveling today- and thank you all for the well wishes for save travels- I'll take them with me tomorrow morning!

I got out of work and the winds were kicking up- :( so I called DD and she said it was quite windy up there too! I have to go over a couple of bridges, so I decided not to stress myself and head up tomorrow morning instead. Planning to :crocheting and relax this afternoon and get a good night's sleep tonight. I'll head out very early- around 5. I told DD I'll call her when I'm an hour away so she can get up and get ready.

Sunday is forecast to be a high of 16!! :wbrr DD already told me that she is going to make pulled pork in the crockpot with collard greens and cornbread. :drool She knows I want to watch football that day -so it'll be a perfect day to stay inside!! Glad she has a few afghans that I've made to keep us warm!!!:)

Off to relax the rest of the afternoon.---I was tempted to clean since I'm home---but thought better of that!! I'm on vacation after all!!:yes

Well ladies, no heat again :( It's not even clicking again, which is what it was doing yesterday so I guess the easy answer would be that the fuse he gave me was bad :think I really hope it's nothing more than that, but now I have to hang out until they come some time today. I was planning on leaving around 4:30ish, but we'll see now. I'm having a hard time concentrating to do anything productive today and have decided to skip out on my exercise today. I did get it in mon-thurs so I don't feel bad, and I can get one in tomorrow if I really want to :think:lol So, I'm going to try to get a letter together to mail to some local attorneys. :xfin

Joanne - Good idea to wait until tomorrow. Enjoy the relaxing day today :D

We got about 5 inches of snow overnight and it snowed quite a bit today too. The roads are icy, but my commute wasn't too bad. Work was fairly quiet for a change as well.

Joanne, glad you are getting some much needed R and R this afternoon. have fun with your dd this weekend. Sounds like she's got everything under control.

Marisa, hope that the heat situation works out.

Linda, it's good to hear that the cross stitch is going well. I haven't tried cross stitch for a long time, but I have a few unfinished projects sitting around. I've discovered that I can see to thread my sewing machine needle if I take my glasses off, so maybe that would work for cross stitch as well. I mostly wear contacts, and I can't see to do close work with them.

We are going to visit with the inlaws tonight for a while. They are pretty much housebound in this weather. DD baked cookies to take over there.

Morning everyone. I managed to do quite a bit on the Christmas counted cross stitch picture yesterday. It's like I found the rhythm to it again. Have to take off my glasses to work on it but that's okay. Was really pleased with the progress. Looks like it will be doable.

That's great! I have to pull out my x st ufo's and see if I can manage to work on them before giving up...and going back to my hook.

Added some to the 3SUR last night too. I'm using bright red, green, and cornmeal at the moment. The red shows the most. Should have quite a few rows of the red and green mix as they were almost full skeins. I have a gold to add to them when the cornmeal runs out, which will be soon. And it's most of a skein, so will have a wide band there. I'm really putting a dent in the shelf of partial skeins already. Yay!!!

That's also great to hear! It's going to look terrific. I just know it!

The temps were in the 20s last night. Brrr!!! It's still cold out there now. At least the skies are partly sunny, which is good.

Be care with the traveling, Joanne.

We saw 50 degrees early this AM...and it dropped like a rock after that....like Joanne said, it's been very windy and with the lower temps, it's really cold!

Judy ~ Ooh, your new TV sounds like fun! Ours will probably go all at once - they're all getting old. :think What are you working on?

Funny you should ask...I haven't been crafting at all. Instead I've been buried in books! A couple are fiction but for the most part I have at least a couple of biographies I'm in the middle of, such as Catherine the Great and a bio of Queen Mary and Elizabeth (because of the curiosity piqued by the historical novel I chose for our neighborhood book club:lol)

I'm itchy to hook, though - so if I can't x stitch I have some blacks and purples I want to use to make Gothic looking squares, if I can, for a ghan for me. I was going to use some of this stash for the Bernat CAL, but have decided not to do that....

Very close to finishing the RR - maybe today!

:yay:yay:yay Waiting for pics:D

I got out of work and the winds were kicking up- :( so I called DD and she said it was quite windy up there too! I have to go over a couple of bridges, so I decided not to stress myself and head up tomorrow morning instead. Planning to :crocheting and relax this afternoon and get a good night's sleep tonight. I'll head out very early- around 5. I told DD I'll call her when I'm an hour away so she can get up and get ready.

Sunday is forecast to be a high of 16!! :wbrr DD already told me that she is going to make pulled pork in the crockpot with collard greens and cornbread. :drool She knows I want to watch football that day -so it'll be a perfect day to stay inside!! Glad she has a few afghans that I've made to keep us warm!!!:)

Off to relax the rest of the afternoon.---I was tempted to clean since I'm home---but thought better of that!! I'm on vacation after all!!:yes

The temp is going to drop a lot tonight. Watch out for slick roads tomorrow! Be safe:hug:manyheart

Well ladies, no heat again :( It's not even clicking again, which is what it was doing yesterday so I guess the easy answer would be that the fuse he gave me was bad :think I really hope it's nothing more than that, but now I have to hang out until they come some time today. I was planning on leaving around 4:30ish, but we'll see now. I'm having a hard time concentrating to do anything productive today and have decided to skip out on my exercise today. I did get it in mon-thurs so I don't feel bad, and I can get one in tomorrow if I really want to :think:lol So, I'm going to try to get a letter together to mail to some local attorneys. :xfin

That stinks about the heat!:angry Why can't things be done right the first time?:think

I did enjoy my relaxing day! I made two hats- one for DD's room mate and one for me! I had already made one for DD so now at least our heads will be warm!! It felt so good to just relax and forget about work. I could get used to this---now if the lottery would only cooperate, it could be a reality:lol Hope that the heat got fixed!!!! So frustrating!!!

We got about 5 inches of snow overnight and it snowed quite a bit today too. The roads are icy, but my commute wasn't too bad. Work was fairly quiet for a change as well. Glad to hear that the commute was ok-- I don't like icy roads:eek

Joanne, glad you are getting some much needed R and R this afternoon. have fun with your dd this weekend. Sounds like she's got everything under control.

She sure does!!! It's great having adult daughters!!!

Marisa, hope that the heat situation works out.

Linda, it's good to hear that the cross stitch is going well. I haven't tried cross stitch for a long time, but I have a few unfinished projects sitting around. I've discovered that I can see to thread my sewing machine needle if I take my glasses off, so maybe that would work for cross stitch as well. I mostly wear contacts, and I can't see to do close work with them.

We are going to visit with the inlaws tonight for a while. They are pretty much housebound in this weather. DD baked cookies to take over there.

Hope you have a nice visit with the inlaws! How sweet of DD to bake cookies for you to take! Has me wanting to bake some choc chip cookies!!!!

Wonder where everyone is today? Anyway, I'm safe and sound in Beantown! Great trip up- no traffic, no wind- a very stress-free ride! Got here around 9:45 and that had bagels for breakfast and DD had coffee ready for me---Glad I decided to come up this morning instead of yesterday!

Now we're getting ready to head out for a bit!

Hello everyone. We got even more snow overnight, so now there is a good amount out there It's still snowing lightly and it looks just gorgeous, especially from my spot in front of the fire.

Joanne, glad you arrived safely. Have fun.

I spent the morning doing laundry and cleaning. I'm not done yet but hopefully will be soon.

The four grandsons are coming over alter today, since dd and dsil are going to a wedding. The four year old called this morning to ask if we were having pizza for dinner. (we often have homemade pizza when they come over) Pizza is a lot of work though, and I figured baby-sitting would be enough work, so I told him we were going to have pancakes. Wow, was his reply, that's even better than pizza! In the background, I heard my oldest grandson yell: Yumm!! Pancakes! Sometimes it doesn't take much to be considered a star!

In between loads of laundry and cleaning I have nearly finished a UFO. A baby sweater that I started back in September, It turned out nicely, but the pattern was kind of odd, and I did not enjoy making it. It did not call for edging the front of the sweater and it really looked unfinished, not to mention kind of saggy, so I added an edging. I made a hat to match, (sort of, used a different pattern), and was going to make the matching booties, but when I read the pattern, it turned out that the booties are made in three separate pieces (sole, instep and upper part), and then sewn together. So I'll be making different booties.

Hi all. I got up, showered, and headed out to run errands before John needed to go out this afternoon. Got more black material and some that was on sale. Picked up all my meds for the month, and diet dog food for Sweet Pea. Mailed a package off to Tabby. And had brunch out. No dessert. I stepped on the scale this morning expecting to have gained a bunch and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had lost two more pounds. Yippee!!!

Hi all,

Decided to forego the traveling today- and thank you all for the well wishes for save travels- I'll take them with me tomorrow morning!

Glad you waited to go up this morning. Fighting the wind for that long would have been exhausting. Have fun with DD.

Hello everyone. We got even more snow overnight, so now there is a good amount out there It's still snowing lightly and it looks just gorgeous, especially from my spot in front of the fire.

Joanne, glad you arrived safely. Have fun.

I spent the morning doing laundry and cleaning. I'm not done yet but hopefully will be soon.

The four grandsons are coming over alter today, since dd and dsil are going to a wedding. The four year old called this morning to ask if we were having pizza for dinner. (we often have homemade pizza when they come over) Pizza is a lot of work though, and I figured baby-sitting would be enough work, so I told him we were going to have pancakes. Wow, was his reply, that's even better than pizza! In the background, I heard my oldest grandson yell: Yumm!! Pancakes! Sometimes it doesn't take much to be considered a star!

In between loads of laundry and cleaning I have nearly finished a UFO. A baby sweater that I started back in September, It turned out nicely, but the pattern was kind of odd, and I did not enjoy making it. It did not call for edging the front of the sweater and it really looked unfinished, not to mention kind of saggy, so I added an edging. I made a hat to match, (sort of, used a different pattern), and was going to make the matching booties, but when I read the pattern, it turned out that the booties are made in three separate pieces (sole, instep and upper part), and then sewn together. So I'll be making different booties.

You're such a good grandma! Those patterns don't sound like any fun at all.

definitely a cozy image:yes

I LOVE having pancakes for supper! Good idea, grandma;)

Hi all. I got up, showered, and headed out to run errands before John needed to go out this afternoon. Got more black material and some that was on sale. Picked up all my meds for the month, and diet dog food for Sweet Pea. Mailed a package off to Tabby. And had brunch out. No dessert. I stepped on the scale this morning expecting to have gained a bunch and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had lost two more pounds. Yippee!!!

WTG on the weight loss!

I have to get down a little...and so I spent 3 days this week eating barely any carbs and NO sugar....I lost so much puffiness from my body!

Joanne, I was happy to hear that your trip was uneventful! Enjoy....:hug:manyheart

Archived