Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I feel like it's been forever since I've been here. Let's see, on friday the guy came to fix the heater again and ran out to pick up a part. He finished just in time for me to go with steph and bean to bean's nephew's hockey game, which was outside. Then we went out to eat and hung out for the night. I had a patient sat morning, so came in to treat her and then went out shopping with steph and lounged the rest of the day watching football. We went out to dinner and met up with friends later during the 2nd game. Yesterday was a VERY relaxing day for me and I don't think I even left the house. I read, crocheted, and watched football :manyheart It was a wonderful day. And I too was rooting for the Giants :D They really played a good game.

Now this morning I ran some errands and got in just after 11. My sister stopped by for a treatment and I'm on hold with my billing company waiting for them to answer my call. I have an error to saturday's bill that I need to correct and don't know how to do it properly and not double bill for the same treatment :think

After that's taken care of, I'm going to work out :yes And that brings us to now :lol

Cindy - I hope you stayed safe in the snow and am glad you got to enjoy it from in front of the fireplace :yes I always loved pancakes for dinner too and I agree with your gs....better than pizza :wink WTG finishing the baby sweater.

Judy - Great pic of the furples, they are just too cute together :manyheart What color are you using for the baby ghan?

Joanne - WTG on the hats and I agree....if only the lottery would cooperate :sigh I'm glad you had a good trip to Boston. What colors are you using for dd's friends ghan?

Linda - :yay on the 2 pounds. I can't wait to see your 3SUR and your quilt coming together, I hope you and Rosie are making some good progress today. Sorry to hear that you are still without venison :(

Tab - :yay:cheer Great news on Elijah turning!! Continued prayers for a healthy and safe delivery. I think your blanket and sweater are adorable :manyheart

Mary - :yay on the new iPhone and I'm glad your enjoying it :yes

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone. :c9 Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but I was bed bound after a morning grocery trip.

Mary~I go back to the Dr.'s on Thursday. Elijah's due date is in just 10 days, but we shall see when he decides to come. ;)

I made another hat today that is more modern & my style. It is a charcoal gray/black with a burgundy heart with a white ribbon across it that says "MOM"......like the old tattoos. :D I took a picture & will upload as soon as I can. :yes I don't know what to do next. :think I guess just wait for Elijah to make an appearance. :yes

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay safe & warm. :manyheart

Hello everyone. Back to being super busy at work. I'm so glad I don;t do 12 hour shifts. I was exhausted today after 8 hours!

Mary, I just recently got an iphone as well. Dh decided that I needed to update. (In actual fact he wanted one, and felt that if he got one, I should have one too.) I think its a pretty neat gadget, but I don't see myself getting a lot of use from it. I did add a few medical references to it.

I think tonight is going to be reading and crafting by the fire again. (I really sound lazy, don't I? that's all I seem to do!)

Cindy, enjoy putting your feet up and relaxing tonight!

Woke up to overcast skies and aching joints. Rats! Will be heading over to Rosie's in just a few. Took most of my stuff over last night, just the machine and my box of assorted stuff to take over today. Took a long, hot shower this morning so I feel more alert. Still extremely short of breath though. Not fun. I'll be really glad when this cold goes away.

Take it easy!! I hope you enjoyed your time with Rosie

She's going to be/is a big girl. But so sweet. You picked a real winner, Judy.

Thanks! She has some personality!:lol

Impossible to be too mushy about furples! They give us unconditional love. :manyheart What more could you ask for? :manyheart

That's all anyone needs:yes

Judy - Great pic of the furples, they are just too cute together :manyheart What color are you using for the baby ghan?

I had some soft sage (Caron Pounder) and didn't know what to do with it...it looks great with this pattern!

Congrats to the Giants - they played a fantastic game! :clap DH had a few emails from Wisconsin friends...not happy campers. ;)

We are soooo happy!.:)

Judy ~ Aww, what a cute picture of the children. :manyheart Your pot roast dinner sounds so good - maybe DH will get that later in the week. :)

Thanks;)

I got a free iPhone when I renewed my AT&T service! :cheer It is sooo much fun and so user friendly...I think I've figured out most everything now.

WTG! Enjoy your new toy!

Cindy- After working all day- nothing wrong at all with putting your feet up- sitting by the fire and reading or crafting!!! Enjoy!!!

Mary- Did you get to finish the RR? I have an iPhone and I love it! I used to have a blackberry but last year, DH wanted an iPhone and bought one for me too. I was perfectly happy with the BB, but I think now that I have it, I do like the iPhone better!!!

Linda- Hope the joints didn't give you too much trouble and that you had fun with Rosie working on the quilt~

Marisa- I had a lilac Caron pounder in my stash that I am using. DD told me that her friend really doesn't like pink (which I think is kind of funny since she's having a girl- and I'm sure got lots of "pink' things) so I decided to use the lilac. Hoping to get it finished this week or weekend. I made another cowl for DD out of green Wool Ease Chunky- she really liked it. Haven't done much on the blanket since I've been here- making cowls/scarves/hats--I finished the scarf last night and gave it to DD to give to her Roomie on her actual birthday. I know she'll be surprised!!

Off to have dinner.- left over pulled pork-- YUM!!

'morning, sleeping peeps!

...and working peeps;)

Not much going on here...the deep freeze has departed and it feels like a cold Spring morning out there instead of the Arctic!

Have a good morning and day...BBL:hug:manyheart

Good morning! It's overcast and drizzling outside today. Kim has a dentist appointment this afternoon, too. Hope the rain lets up by then.

Rosie and I had a blast yesterday. She worked on a quilt top that she bought at an antique place. Put the quilt sandwich together and then got it sewn together. :sew We had lots of fun imagining the lady who put it together and enjoying the uniqueness of it. She really used every little bit of fabric in making it. Some pieces were made up of multiple smaller pieces (not always even the same fabric or color.)

I managed to get three of the six main color blocks for my quilt done, which is one more than I expected. :sew I also visited the frog pond multiple times. :2frog:frog:2frog At first I just could NOT seem to keep the color sequences in order. And did another mix up at the end that I decided didn't matter and left in. I'm really, really happy with the way it is turning out so far. It's composed of all these wonderful oriental fabrics with them playing off each other and complementing each other. Very bright and wonderful. The black in between each square lets each square be its own star, but doesn't prevent them from playing together. I'm really happy with it. I'm hoping to get another block done tonight, before moving all the stuff back over to our house.

Please keep Rosie in your prayers. She has to go in for a repeat/more in depth mammogram this morning as something showed up on the one she had done last week and they aren't sure what it is. Hopefully scar tissue or some such thing. I have to get mine squished on Thursday. Yuck!

Good morning ladies :hi

I had a hard time waking up today, well actually I jumped out of bed :lol but I feel like I wanna be back in bed, but the :coffee is helping a bit. I crocheted a bit last night, but didn't get a whole lot done since I went to the frog pond with Linda :lol I had 3 squares done and on the 4th decided that I really didn't like doing the one round (which I decided back at square 1) so decided since I only had 3 done I could still change it a bit. So I did, and it still has a very similar look, just done in an easier way and I had to take out the last 3 rounds of the other squares to fix them too. So I got the 1 and 1/2 done that completed the 3 and started the 5th with the extra that came off the others...apparently this new way also saves some yarn :lol

Yesterday was my neice's 1st birthday so I called her on the ipad and sang to her and she was too funny, trying to grab at me through the screen :lol:manyheart And today is a big day too, my middle nephew is having eye surgery so I'd like to ask for some extra prayers for him today. He is very scared and they even stopped talking about it in the house because he wasn't handling it well. They should be getting to the hospital now and I hope he's not panicking when he sees where they are :hug

Tab - Can't wait to see a pic of 'your' hat :lol

Cindy - Nothing wrong with enjoying hook and book time by the fire after a hard days work :hug

Judy - Our chill broke yesterday, the high was in the 40's and today the 50's....but tomorrow only the 20's with flurries and on thurs snow :eek I think that your soft sage and Joanne's lilac are going to complement each other well :lol

Joanne - WTG on the scarf and leaving it with dd for her friend. I think the lilac will be beautiful :yes

Linda - Sending prayers for Rosie :hug I hope the rain stops for Kim's appt :xfin WTG on your quilt and getting so much done yesterday :clap

Marisa, I can't believe your niece is a 1 year old already!:eek

Good morning! It's overcast and drizzling outside today. Kim has a dentist appointment this afternoon, too. Hope the rain lets up by then.we have a wet and cold rain here....:P

Rosie and I had a blast yesterday. She worked on a quilt top that she bought at an antique place. Put the quilt sandwich together and then got it sewn together. :sew We had lots of fun imagining the lady who put it together and enjoying the uniqueness of it. She really used every little bit of fabric in making it. Some pieces were made up of multiple smaller pieces (not always even the same fabric or color.) that sounds really nice:yes I tend to be very eclectic....

I managed to get three of the six main color blocks for my quilt done, which is one more than I expected. :sew I also visited the frog pond multiple times. :2frog:frog:2frog At first I just could NOT seem to keep the color sequences in order. And did another mix up at the end that I decided didn't matter and left in. I'm really, really happy with the way it is turning out so far. It's composed of all these wonderful oriental fabrics with them playing off each other and complementing each other. Very bright and wonderful. The black in between each square lets each square be its own star, but doesn't prevent them from playing together. I'm really happy with it. I'm hoping to get another block done tonight, before moving all the stuff back over to our house.

Please keep Rosie in your prayers. She has to go in for a repeat/more in depth mammogram this morning as something showed up on the one she had done last week and they aren't sure what it is. Hopefully scar tissue or some such thing. I have to get mine squished on Thursday. Yuck!

Hopefully it's nothing...I've been called back 2 or 3 times for sonograms and they were nothing. They really should do more routine in- depth testing....:yes

Update time:

1) Rosie's exam went smoothly but there is still one spot that is suspicious so they are going to do a needle biopsy on that next Tuesday just to be on the safe side.

2) I messed up on the time of Kim's appointment, but they still got her in, even though we were late. And it went much smoother than the last time. She has one tooth that is a bit loose, but nothing to do about that except to keep an eye on it. Other than that everything was just fine.

3) I'm spending a bit of time with the counted cross stitch picture today. I figure even if I only do one or two strands at a time, it will get done by Christmas if I work on it at least two or three times a week. Worked on the camel's headpiece so far. Think I'll tackle the blanket next.

Hi House. :waving

Tabby ~ Aww, the hat sounds so cute! Keep us posted on your doctor's visit Thursday. :c9

Judy ~ Your post the other day inspired me to go through our books and see what classics I want to re-read. :) History and biographies have always been my favorites.

Cindy ~ Reading and crafting by the fire sounds like the perfect way to spend your days off! :yes

Marisa ~ That's great that you were able to change the square pattern to what you like! Looking forward to seeing them. :crocheting

Linda ~ Oh, your quilting party with Rosie sounds so fun...I'm so glad she's okay and that they're being extra careful to check everything. Are you using your newest machine?

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

I still haven't finished the RR.:blush DH is out of town until Thursday, so I'll have more time in the evenings. :yes

Hello everyone. I had a great day at work today, much quieter than yesterday. Nasty weather here this afternoon. it started as rain, switched to freezing rain and now its snowing hard on top of that. Its a mess out there. Dh and I were going to go out for dinner and run some errands, but we decided to stay home instead.

Marisa, good thoughts for your nephews surgery. hopefully its over by now.

Linda, hope Rosies biopsy brings good news.

Linda - Glad to hear about Rosie, continued prayers for the biopsy :hug

Cindy - Do you have to work tomorrow, or will you get to stay in?

My nephew is doing well, we got a pic on the phone when they were in the car on the way home. He had to keep a towel across his face because of the sun. Then we got a pic we he was starting to come back to life and then another with him playing, so he's doing well :clap:yay

I'm getting ready to head out, so I'll catch y'all tomorrow

Update time:

1) Rosie's exam went smoothly but there is still one spot that is suspicious so they are going to do a needle biopsy on that next Tuesday just to be on the safe side.Ouch.

2) I messed up on the time of Kim's appointment, but they still got her in, even though we were late. And it went much smoother than the last time. She has one tooth that is a bit loose, but nothing to do about that except to keep an eye on it. Other than that everything was just fine.That's great news...

3) I'm spending a bit of time with the counted cross stitch picture today. I figure even if I only do one or two strands at a time, it will get done by Christmas if I work on it at least two or three times a week. Worked on the camel's headpiece so far. Think I'll tackle the blanket next.

It's good to have a plan.:yes

I should learn from you!:)

Judy ~ Your post the other day inspired me to go through our books and see what classics I want to re-read. :) History and biographies have always been my favorites.

Oh, good!:clap

When I was a kid I never read the fiction...went to books like bios of Madam Curie:lol

I still haven't finished the RR.:blush DH is out of town until Thursday, so I'll have more time in the evenings. :yes

I always found evenings alone to be my best crochet time.

But hubby doesn't travel any more:lol

Hello everyone. I had a great day at work today, much quieter than yesterday. Nasty weather here this afternoon. it started as rain, switched to freezing rain and now its snowing hard on top of that. Its a mess out there. Dh and I were going to go out for dinner and run some errands, but we decided to stay home instead.

Smart move!:yes

My nephew is doing well, we got a pic on the phone when they were in the car on the way home. He had to keep a towel across his face because of the sun. Then we got a pic we he was starting to come back to life and then another with him playing, so he's doing well :clap:yay

That's great news!:clap

CU all tomorrow:hug:manyheart

Update time:

1) Rosie's exam went smoothly but there is still one spot that is suspicious so they are going to do a needle biopsy on that next Tuesday just to be on the safe side.

2) I messed up on the time of Kim's appointment, but they still got her in, even though we were late. And it went much smoother than the last time. She has one tooth that is a bit loose, but nothing to do about that except to keep an eye on it. Other than that everything was just fine.

That sounds like a good plan! Glad to hear that even though you were late, they saw Kim today!! I'll keep Rosie in my prayers and positive thoughts going out for good biopsy results!

Linda - Glad to hear about Rosie, continued prayers for the biopsy :hug

Cindy - Do you have to work tomorrow, or will you get to stay in?

Sorry I didn't see the post about asking for prayers for your nephew- but I'm very happy to hear that he did well!!!:yay

Marisa, good thoughts for your nephews surgery. hopefully its over by now.

Linda, hope Rosies biopsy brings good news.

I get to stay in.
I think that is a very good idea to stay home with freezing rain and snow on top of it. I don't like anything to do with ice/freezing rain. Snow by itself isn't nearly as bad. Enjoy your day off tomorrow!!! Wish I was still off--it's back to Paradise for me tomorrow!

Mary- I always get lots more done when DH isn't here!! Here's to finishing the RR!!:cheer:cheer

Wondering how Dusti is doing?

The center of the new oriental quilt is officially 2/3 done. Just two more blocks and then the borders. I hope to have enough light to take a picture of it tomorrow. I'm super happy with how it's turning out. It's raining like mad at the moment. I'm headed bedward now. :D

Good morning!

Linda- I can "hear" the excitement in your post about the progress you are making on the quilt!!!!:yes Can't wait to see a picture of it!

Back to Paradise today and a busy one it will be so I had better get moving!

Hope you all have a good day- whatever it is that's on your agenda!:hug

Please remember Wendy (Aussie) and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Her sweet Mum died and they were so very close....:(

Oh, no. Will definitely keep her and her family in my prayers. :hug :hug :hug

At least for the moment we have blue skies and sunshine. After all the rain the last few days it's a very welcome sight.

Have a good day at work, Joanne.

Picture of the beginning of the new quilt. I'm loving it. And a lot of the credit goes to you ladies. When I first joined Crochetville, I would never, ever have dared to change someone else's pattern and make it my own. Now I don't even think twice about it and I'm having a ball doing it. Thank you all for your encouragement and support. It means the world to me. :hug

post-9295-135897727665_thumb.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

I was so sorry to read about Wendy's Mum...sending lots of hugs and prayers her way. :hug

Linda ~ Great progress on your quilt! :cheer I hope your sunshine stays for a while. :)

Cindy ~ Brrr! Sounds like Winter finally made it. ;) Stay safe and warm!

Marisa ~ Oh, I'm so glad your nephew is doing so well. :yes How are the squares coming along?

Joanne ~ I hope your "week" goes by quickly for you! Congratulations on your crochet finishes. :hook

The RR is finished! I also worked on a scarf (WIP) last night. :)

Errands and a haircut today...have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

Picture of the beginning of the new quilt. I'm loving it. And a lot of the credit goes to you ladies. When I first joined Crochetville, I would never, ever have dared to change someone else's pattern and make it my own. Now I don't even think twice about it and I'm having a ball doing it. Thank you all for your encouragement and support. It means the world to me. :hug

I love this!! Its absolutely gorgeous!!!

Archived