Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda- I know it is a rectanglular ripple you are making-:yes -but I've got RR on the brain!!:lol:lol

I decided to start the baby ghan for my DD's friend this morning, I'm using Cindy's Peek-a-boo baby blanket pattern found here

I'm using a Caron Pounder in Lilac that was in my stash!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning, peeps!

Judy- Glad to hear that Sparkie is doing good!!

I worked till noon, then I watched my little GS all afternoon! What a great time we had together --we went for a nice long walk- the weather was beautiful!!! I came home and did a little cleaning- and went through my yarn stash -and now I'm settling in to relax.

It was a perfect day for getting out with Ryan!

My DD had a good time at the baby shower and she said that she didn't get one homemade item and asked if I would mind making her a baby blanket. She said she should have thought to ask me before. Her friend's baby (girl) is due in Feb. So of course I said yes--and just added another project to my list. I may bring yarn for the ghan with me to Boston next weekend and work on it there.

I can never say no to making a baby blanlet, either!

I decided to start the baby ghan for my DD's friend this morning, I'm using Cindy's Peek-a-boo baby blanket pattern found here

Oh, that's a great pattern...and in Lilac....yummy:c9

BBL, peeps!

Linda- I know it is a rectanglular ripple you are making-:yes -but I've got RR on the brain!!:lol:lol

That's okay. I usually do RRs, but just haven't done a regular one in a ages and felt like it this time. Didn't even look up a pattern for it just ad libbed it. A real scrap ghan. I'm now on row 10 and colors 6, 7, and 8. It's basically mindless and soothing. Once it gets some size to it, it's going to be heavy and warm, too.

Kim and I are just getting going today. It stormed and rained hard for about an hour and a half last night and calls for more rain for the next three days. Don't think we'll be going much of anywhere.

John won't be home till late today. The guys are going to watch the Falcons' game together before heading for home. They're hoping for a wild card slot.

Have a great day. :hug

I'm flattered!!:blush

Nothing much to report here. It's cool but very sunny out today, so maybe we will take Sophie out for a walk. We have a really nice paved trail that starts about 1/4 mile from our house. We walked part of it yesterday. Its 4 miles one way, I think we did about 2 1/2 altogether.

Otherwise it will be either knitting, crocheting or reading for the afternoon.

That's okay. I usually do RRs, but just haven't done a regular one in a ages and felt like it this time. Didn't even look up a pattern for it just ad libbed it. A real scrap ghan. I'm now on row 10 and colors 6, 7, and 8. It's basically mindless and soothing. Once it gets some size to it, it's going to be heavy and warm, too.

Kim and I are just getting going today. It stormed and rained hard for about an hour and a half last night and calls for more rain for the next three days. Don't think we'll be going much of anywhere.

John won't be home till late today. The guys are going to watch the Falcons' game together before heading for home. They're hoping for a wild card slot.

Have a great day. :hug

Linda- I'll be rooting for the Giants!!! Go Big Blue!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

I'm flattered!!:blush

Cindy- it' a great pattern and as I was making it I thought to myself this would be a great scarf---and of course it is, you have a pattern for that too!!!:yay

Just a quick fly by, I wanted to let you know that the bay boy loves his afghan and did show it off quickly at the bar and then went right to the car :lol. I got many compliments from everyone and had intentions of posting it now, but on the iPad, the upload from my computer button doesn't activate :( so I don't know how to do it from here :shrug

I'll be back tomorrow :)

Marisa- Can't wait to see the pic tomorrow!!! I'm sure he LOVED the ghan!!!

The Giants Won-:clap-what a great game:yes (sorry Linda, I'm sure John will not be a happy camper). Next week, they play the Packers--I already texted my DD and told her that next Sunday, I WILL be watching the Giants game--just in case she had any other ideas of something to do!:lol

Have a good night!

Joanne, that was some game!! Go Giants!

We're now watching Denver:) Very exciting game!

It sure was--the best I've seen the Giants play all season!! Seems that they are peaking at the right time---hopefully the great play carries over to next Sunday!!!!

We're also watching the Steelers/Denver game--another good one!!!

Hubby and I are exhausted after screaming at the TV during the Denver game...we were rooting for them, and were so happy they won:)

...sorry about Pittsburgh, Marisa...:hug

Good night, ladies!

Hubby and I are exhausted after screaming at the TV during the Denver game...we were rooting for them, and were so happy they won:)

...sorry about Pittsburgh, Marisa...:hug

Good night, ladies!

What a game!! Great day for football yesterday! (I'm sorry too about Pittsburgh, Marisa:hug)

Can't believe it's Monday already!!! Hope you all have a good one!

Good morning, peeps!

Nothing exciting for today...hubby will help me get behind and under the bed so we can vacuum. Washing sheets, towels and the usual Monday cleaning...

Oh, well.

BUT...I will be picking up my book Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy today so I can start it. We went to the early movie yesterday and saw it - at 10 AM - so now I want to read the book with all the characters fresh in my mind.

The show was perfect timing, since we got home half an hour before the Giants game started:lol

BBL!

Morning friends. It's foggy and blah today. I've got a cold. I'm going to take a long, hot shower soon and see if that helps any. I'm taking vitamin C and will be pushing fluids. Maybe make some chicken soup. And take it easy as possible.

Marisa- Can't wait to see the pic tomorrow!!! I'm sure he LOVED the ghan!!!

The Giants Won-:clap-what a great game:yes (sorry Linda, I'm sure John will not be a happy camper). Next week, they play the Packers--I already texted my DD and told her that next Sunday, I WILL be watching the Giants game--just in case she had any other ideas of something to do!:lol

Have a good night!

Congrats to your Giants, Joanne. John got fed up with the game the Falcons were playing and came home before it was over. Got in about 5:00 instead of the 6:30 I was expecting. I then vegged out in front of the TV until time to go to bed.

Good morning ladies :hi

First, congrats Joanne and Judy....the Giants did well yesterday and they might even be who I'm rooting for now :think It's ok about Pitt, but was definitely disappointing how they fought to come back and left it go with the first play in OT :eek Now maybe Ben can rest and actually rehab that stinkin ankle! He's been playing on it injured for WEEKS and I must say that I really hope he hasn't done any worse damage to it by doing that. IMO, he should've been benched and rested a long time ago :think Denver played hard, but there were A LOT of holding calls that were not called :shrug But it is what it is :lol

OK, so here's the unveiling of my graph ghan...........................

post-36814-135897725373_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897725378_thumb.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies. :rain Yay for rain! We are so far behind on rainfall - any rain is welcome!

Joanne ~ The Giants are playing great! We'll be cheering for the Packers...DH has been in marketing and sales for Wisconsin cheese makers for 40 years and we have lots of close friends there. :) I'm glad you had a good time with Ryan on Saturday. :c9

Linda ~ Oh, take care! :hug I hope the cold doesn't last too long. Your ripple sounds so pretty - can't wait to see it!

Cindy ~ Your weather sounds wonderful for this time of year! I was so glad to see Joanne's link to your pattern. I remember it, but still need to make one!

Hi Judy ~ I'm doing Happy Housewife chores, too. :yes Today is just taking care of "the top layer." Luke has one drawer in the half-bath that he can open...toothbrush, etc. This a.m. I found leaves and acorns in it. :D And the tv remote from the den. :lol

Hi to all of my House friends. Time to get back to work. :)

:lol

Good morning ladies :hi

First, congrats Joanne and Judy....the Giants did well yesterday and they might even be who I'm rooting for now :think It's ok about Pitt, but was definitely disappointing how they fought to come back and left it go with the first play in OT :eek Now maybe Ben can rest and actually rehab that stinkin ankle! He's been playing on it injured for WEEKS and I must say that I really hope he hasn't done any worse damage to it by doing that. IMO, he should've been benched and rested a long time ago :think Denver played hard, but there were A LOT of holding calls that were not called :shrug But it is what it is

WOW!!! Beautiful work! Lucky BD boy. :clap :clap :clap :clap

Good Morning, Ladies. :rain Yay for rain! We are so far behind on rainfall - any rain is welcome!

Joanne ~ The Giants are playing great! We'll be cheering for the Packers...DH has been in marketing and sales for Wisconsin cheese makers for 40 years and we have lots of close friends there. :) I'm glad you had a good time with Ryan on Saturday. :c9

Linda ~ Oh, take care! :hug I hope the cold doesn't last too long. Your ripple sounds so pretty - can't wait to see it!

Cindy ~ Your weather sounds wonderful for this time of year! I was so glad to see Joanne's link to your pattern. I remember it, but still need to make one!

Hi Judy ~ I'm doing Happy Housewife chores, too. :yes Today is just taking care of "the top layer." Luke has one drawer in the half-bath that he can open...toothbrush, etc. This a.m. I found leaves and acorns in it. :D And the tv remote from the den. :lol

Sounds like a typical boy's treasure trove in there. :lol

I've got about half of 3 1/2" squares cut out for the new oriental quilt. Then I kind of ran out of steam and just watched TV. With a little luck I can get some more cut out this afternoon.

First, congrats Joanne and Judy....the Giants did well yesterday and they might even be who I'm rooting for now :think It's ok about Pitt, but was definitely disappointing how they fought to come back and left it go with the first play in OT :eek Now maybe Ben can rest and actually rehab that stinkin ankle! He's been playing on it injured for WEEKS and I must say that I really hope he hasn't done any worse damage to it by doing that. IMO, he should've been benched and rested a long time ago :think Denver played hard, but there were A LOT of holding calls that were not called :shrug But it is what it is :lolI heard that they don't expect the ankle to recover till April or May....

OMG! That is totally amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:yay:yay

The remote...that's a man for you...Little or not:lol:lol

Linda, take care of yourself...you've had a rough couple of weeks.....:hug:manyheart

Lucy just had a play date with the neighbor's dog...and whimpered at first as she ran because she couldn't catch Rosy:lol:lol:lol

We're done for the day... and I'm wondering if there's any moisture in our future here in NJ...my joints make my body feel like one big barometer:P Hubby did the heavy lifting, so it's not that...

Thank you ladies :hug

Judy - I figure they estimated April/May for Ben's recovery by assuming he'd play until February :think So now he's done a month early, he sure heal a month sooner :idea:lol

Linda - I'm in agreement with Judy and Cindy....take care of yourself :hug

Oh....

And how did I forget to mention that I had an extra new patient today in addition to the one that was scheduled! So, that was 2 today :clap:yay

:clap:cheer:yay

Judy - I figure they estimated April/May for Ben's recovery by assuming he'd play until February :think So now he's done a month early, he sure heal a month sooner :idea:lol

That's right:yes

Archived