Our House Part Two

JulieKay

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!

I'm typing this on my Kindle Fire! I love it! It is so handy and has everything I need on it. Amazing how technology is these days. BF got it for me for Christmas and I never had a clue!

Test results came back ok. They want to keep an eye on my ovary and make sure nothing develops again.

It's great to see everyone and I hope the New Year brings peace,prosperity and good health to all of my house family.

:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart

That's great news on the medical tests!

Have fun with the Kindle Fire...like Cindy, I own 3 of those gadgets: the original Nook, the new Nook Tablet...and just got the basic Kindle. Amazon books can be such a bargain - and no tax:D

Cindy, enjoy your quiet evening...we are, too;)

Happy New Year, my friends!:hug:manyheart:hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello House!

I had a very busy day- a little cleaning this morning, trek to Trader Joe's, JoAnns, ACM and Michaels---and very little yarn was purchased! This afternoon, I was at DD's and went with her and Ryan to help with the grocery shopping (not fun on a Saturday afternoon). Also found this great consignment shop in her town for kids things and maternity- great buys- I got a few things to keep at my house when Ryan is here.

DD and Ryan came for dinner and just left a little while ago. It was a wonderful way to spend New Years Eve!

Oh,my friend from work had her baby this morning!!! He was early- and is 6lbs 6 oz-both he and Mom are doing good. (and she gets a tax deduction for the whole year:lol)

Wishing you all a happy, healthy wonderful 2012!!!

Morning folks and welcome to 2012 !

Trish

So good to hear from you and great news on your tests coming back ok . What a relief !

Sounds like things are going well for you and you are keeping busy .

Congrats on the K-Fire !! What a nice gift .

Cindy

Thanks for telling me the differences between the Nook and Fire . I don't know yet if I'll get either one. Sam said he'd get me one if I want it,but I don't know if I'd use one enough to justify buying it . It'd be neat to have one ,but I already have my kindle ,which I don't use as much as paper books . I guess I've kicked the idea around about getting one that lights up in back of the screen . Sure wish Kindle would have originally done that with their others . We'll see, though ... I'll ponder it a bit more .

Jude

Yes, Amazon does have a neat selection of freebies. I like to get the nonfiction ones .There are lots of old stories in there of people who kept diaries of traveling by wagon train out west, or people captured by indians and told their stories . I like finding really unusual ones like that .

Joanne

Good idea to get some clothes to keep there at your house for Ryan. I used to do that with Cam, I'd always have plenty of extra clothes for him ,plus some warm clothes and swimsuits, etc,so no matter what time of year it was, we could rummage through and find him a sweatshirt if he got cold or a swimsuit if he wanted toplay in the water hose ...good to always be prepared. Kinda like a Grandma-Boyscout . :)

You have a good new year too !

Hi, ladies...

Justa bit bleary eyed from the rude awakening we got at midnight when a long series of fireworks went off nearby and some kids in the neighborhood ran amok up and down the street....blaring those long African horns.

I am not in a good mood...and no, I can't bring myself to nap suring the day...

Vent over.

Hello House!

I had a very busy day- a little cleaning this morning, trek to Trader Joe's, JoAnns, ACM and Michaels---and very little yarn was purchased! This afternoon, I was at DD's and went with her and Ryan to help with the grocery shopping (not fun on a Saturday afternoon). Also found this great consignment shop in her town for kids things and maternity- great buys- I got a few things to keep at my house when Ryan is here.

Good idea about having kid stuff at your house:yes

DD and Ryan came for dinner and just left a little while ago. It was a wonderful way to spend New Years Eve!

:c9

Oh,my friend from work had her baby this morning!!! He was early- and is 6lbs 6 oz-both he and Mom are doing good. (and she gets a tax deduction for the whole year:lol)

Wishing you all a happy, healthy wonderful 2012!!!

That deduction is nice...and you get to cuddle with it...:lol

Good morning and Welcome to 2012!

Julie and Judy-- The store is great and they also have toys, strollers, and lots of things- some of them new!! DD and I are going to go tomorrow- I was kind of in a hurry yesterday and want some time to browse through all they have.

We had fireworks set off last night too in my neighborhood--it seems that there is one family that feels the need to set off fireworks for every holiday! I did sleep in till 7 though. Going to head to Kohls at 9 since I have some "Kohls bucks" to spend and it expires tomorrow. Can't let free $ go to waste!

I'm hoping to get in some hooky time this afternoon while watching football. My DD was asking about Nook/Kindle yesterday- She likes the Simple Touch I got and she only wants something for reading- that she can take to work- so I think she'll be going with that. She has $ from Christmas so we 'll probably stop at B&N tomorrow after the consignment shop. Since my oldest also has the Nook Simple Touch, we can all lend books to each other. Figure I'll get one for my middle DD for her 30th birthday in March---wow did I just say my middle DD is turning 30? Where are the years going???

Hugs and best wishes to everyone!!!!

Julie- I heard there was an earthquake last night in Ohio ==was it anywhere near you? I figure not, since you didn't mention anything

!!! Happy New Year!!!

Wishing all of you a wonderful new year with friends and family. I'm looking forward to spending time with all of you here at Crochetville. Your continuing inspiration and support mean the world to me.

Our get together at Rosie's last night was a wonderful, relaxed gathering of family and friends. Even the little girls managed to stay awake to welcome in the new year watching the ball drop in Times Square. And we had someone in the neighborhood setting off fireworks at midnight, too. We could see them from the sunroom.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!

Test results came back ok. They want to keep an eye on my ovary and make sure nothing develops again.

It's great to see everyone and I hope the New Year brings peace,prosperity and good health to all of my house family.

:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart

That is wonderful news, Trish. I'm so happy for you. :hug

Julie glad you got your doll blanket done, hope you had fun wih Cam.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year! We did not stay up till midnight, thank goodness cause 2yr old grandson, Jordan, got up from 3-5 AM. Wide awake. Plus I have the extra two again tonight. I will be glad when this break is over so I can rest up! Lol

Hi to LeAnna and Kiyo! It's so good to see both of your posts. :waving

Trish ~ Oh, that is such good news! :clap I hope things go well for you and your family - you've had a lot to deal with lately. :manyheart

Tabby ~ Any news on a date yet? I hope you're feeling okay. :hug

Linda ~ Your New Year's Eve sounds so nice!

Christi ~ I'm sorry I can't see your pics. :( I doubt that I'll ever join facebook. :lol (Can't even keep up here!)

Hi to all of my House friends!

DH has a horrible cold - maybe the third or fourth in 40 years! I'm stewing a chicken for chicken noodle soup and hope it helps even a little bit. :yes Be back later!

Hi, again. Finally have pictures of the last bunch of projects I finished.

3 prayer shawls, 1 preemie afghan, and the RR for John's friend with cancer.

post-9295-135897722728_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897722731_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897722737_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897722725_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897722734_thumb.jpg

Happy new year everyone!

Busy, busy, day at work today, so the time flew by. I'm off until Wednesday now.

Someone in our neighborhood set off fireworks last night too. Must be "the" thing to do!

Linda, you work is lovely as always. I think the round ripple is especially nice.,

Hi Jude

Sorry you got woken up by all the noise. Sam asked me if it woke me up. I guess we had people setting off fireworks and all kinds of noises and KI slept through it all. Didn't hear a thing .

Joanne

Sounds like soon everyone in your family will have an ereader . That'll be handy for you guys to share books .

Forgot to add that we didnt even feel the earthquake here, I guess the center of it was about 50 miles from us. We have them here occasionally,but they are always totally unnoticeable to me,except one about 25 years ago. I was in the basement doing laundry,and it sounded like a semi truck drove down the street,ands you could feel the floor rumbling .That's all I thought it was til I saw the news . I was puzzled why a semi truck would have been on our road,unless he was lost .

Linda

All your items are so pretty .The purplish colored shawls are really beautiful . I'm glad you had a nice time with your friends last night .

Hey Tab

Still hanging in there I see !

Hi Christi

Yea, it sounds like you will soon need a grandma break, you can only handle it for a certain length of time til you need some quiet,if that's what you are used to most of the time,which I am.I'm the only one home all day during weekdays,so I enjoy my quiet .

Sorry I still cant see your photos.You must need a Face page to see them .

Hi Mary

Sure hope the Hubster gets over his nasty cold soon.. They make you feel miserable don't they ? I bet your soup will taste good to him .

Well, I am planning on starting a counted cross stitch kit .Just getting it opened up tonite .The colors are already sorted which is nice,so now it's ready to start. I gotta be careful to start in the right spot. I always goof them up somehow, but wanted to have something crafty to do,so this is it .

You all have a good evening .:)

Since my oldest also has the Nook Simple Touch, we can all lend books to each other. Figure I'll get one for my middle DD for her 30th birthday in March---wow did I just say my middle DD is turning 30? Where are the years going???

That's what I like about the Nook...i've already lent books to a couple of friends who share my taste.

...and if we sisn't have kids no one who have any idea how old we were...LOL!

!!! Happy New Year!!!

Wishing all of you a wonderful new year with friends and family. I'm looking forward to spending time with all of you here at Crochetville. Your continuing inspiration and support mean the world to me.

I couldn't have said it better!

Our get together at Rosie's last night was a wonderful, relaxed gathering of family and friends. Even the little girls managed to stay awake to welcome in the new year watching the ball drop in Times Square. And we had someone in the neighborhood setting off fireworks at midnight, too. We could see them from the sunroom.

I'm so happy you had such a nice New Year's eve!:)

Hi, again. Finally have pictures of the last bunch of projects I finished.

3 prayer shawls, 1 preemie afghan, and the RR for John's friend with cancer.

[ATTACH]49558[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]49559[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49560[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49561[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]49562[/ATTACH]

Love them! Like Cindy, though, I really love the RR!

Well, I am planning on starting a counted cross stitch kit .Just getting it opened up tonite .The colors are already sorted which is nice,so now it's ready to start. I gotta be careful to start in the right spot. I always goof them up somehow, but wanted to have something crafty to do,so this is it .

You all have a good evening .:)

Make sure you work from the center out. I fold the cloth in quarters, and then use a running stitch to mark the quarters of fabric. Way easier to work with that way.

What pattern is it?

DH has a horrible cold - maybe the third or fourth in 40 years! I'm stewing a chicken for chicken noodle soup and hope it helps even a little bit. :yes Be back later!

I hope he feels better soon...there really are medicinal properties to chicken soup!

Good afternoon! Thank you for the well wishes for DH - he's been resting and reading on his Nook Tablet. I hope everyone is having a good New Year's Day. :manyheart

Linda ~ Beautiful projects! :cheer The colors and patterns you used for the shawls are so pretty...and the RR is gorgeous! Way to go on so many finishes.

Cindy ~ Enjoy your two days off! Any special projects on your hook and/or needles? :)

Julie ~ Good for you for starting a new cross stitch project! I really love cross stitch and haven't done any in several years. We always have fireworks somewhere in the neighborhood...even though they're illegal here and we're in a drought!

Joanne ~ We are finally getting Trader Joe's in Texas! They are opening two in Dallas and one here in Fort Worth. It will be about 5 minutes from DD's and we're looking forward to it. :yes

Marlene ~ I hope you all are settled in at the coast!

I'm having fun with the bright colors in my RR. I think it will be child size and go to Project Linus. Hope to have more crochet time this week. :hook

Hi all,

Linda- your projects are beautiful- and I, too love that RR!!! :manyheart Glad you had a nice relaxing, fun NYE last night!

Julie- Hope you have fun with the counted cross stitch kit What is the design?

Mary--- Chicken soup sounds perfect. Hope that the cold DH got goes away quickly actually made chicken soup yesterday in the crock pot.

Tab- Hope that 2012 brings you joy and happiness--of course when the little one arrives--there'll be lots of joy!!!

Trish- That was good news to read!!! :hug

I made a few hats today for my DD's friends. Had some left over yarn on some of the skeins so made a couple of neck warmers with that- Crocheting is fast when you use a big hook and a Bulky (6) yarn!!!:hook

Off to make dinner---and tonight it's Giants/Cowboys game!!!! :yay

GO GIANTS!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. John and Kim should be home in the next half hour or so. They called about 4:00. Sounded like Kim was being a pistol. John has this coming week off, too, so I should be able to get quite a bit done downstairs, if and as my head allows. The headache is very gradually getting better. Actually sounds like they just arrived.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

Happy New Year!

I'm so far behind and don't know if I'll ever catch up. We've been busy. And have a another week of busy ness and fun.

We arrived in Texas wednesday night and on thursday hubby was in the hospital. He didn't feel well on tues, wed, and thurs. I thought his bp be off one way or another so we went to the ambulance to have it checked. It was okay but his heart rate was in the 40's. To low so off to the hospital he went. He stayed over night and they ran a nuclear stress test on him. It came back okay as we new it would. So they changed one of his bp pills. They said he is on two strong pills so they took one away and gave him a lighter strength one. So we will see what happens. We have to follow up in 2-3 weeks with the heart doctor. I'm going to contact are doctor and see what he thinks about this. I have talked to friends who go south and the first thing a new doctor wants to do is change your meds. I trust my doctor and don't know anything about the heart doctor. So I want his opinion. Hubbys bp has been running normal for quite some time with what he's been taken. I just want to be sure where taking the right steps.

We met hubby's sister and bil and went to New Orleans, then to Texas to Galveston then to are place. They have rebuilt quite a bit on Galveston Island since the hurricane went thru.

Bil & Sil built us a new porch while we were at the hospital. Hubby has been helping them finish it and today we all worked on the patio blocks. It looks really nice. Bil wanted to do this, he brought his tools with them. They built there home. It's beautiful! He's very gifted.

Were going done South Padre Island tuesday staying over night and wednesday we will be stopping at Donna at a big flea market. They will head for home on thursday.

Cindy, Be careful if your going out tomorrow. Seen the weather station and all the snow that your going to be getting. We only had snow on the ground twice and just enough to cover it.

You girls out east becareful to. Looks like your getting some to. I'm hoping we keep this warm weather and sunny skies.

We went with 2 other couples out for ice cream tonight. They have happy hour on monday - thursday, 2-4. Buy 1 and get one for half price. That's my kind of happy hour.

Have a nice monday! I'm off to bed.

Hi, peeps!

Marlene, it's so hard when one doctor changes what another does....I hope you get a clear answer!

Not much on the agenda today...a little cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. Later in the week we may pull apart the bedroom: drapes need a fluffing in the dryer to get rid of the dust...dust the blinds...we also need to move the bed out to vacuum, etc.

All that can only be done when I have hubby home. In the old days I could do it myself, but that hasn't been the case for several years now.

Have a great day!:hug:manyheart

Good morning.

Marlene, glad you made it down to Texas safely. Sounds like hubby's meds are what caused the low heart rate. A lot of the BP meds do lower heart rate as well, in some cases that is one of the results the doctor wants. Good idea to keep your own doctor in the loop. Sounds like are keeping very busy as always.

And we do ahve quite a bit of snow, and supposedly more is on the way. It looks pretty and since I don't have to go anywhere for a couple of days, it doesn't bother me. I drive a vehicle with 4 wheel drive, so driving in snow usually is not an issue for me. It's all those other people out there driving in it too!:devil

Judy, you sound ambitious this week. Is it a beginning of the year thing, or is this your normal cleaning program? I did our bedroom at the end of November, but the bed did not get moved.

Good morning!

Marlene- You sure have been busy- and I'm glad you are in Texas safe and sound. I agree with Cindy--it's a good idea to keep your DH's doc in the loop!!!

Cindy- I don't mind snow either--only on my days off though! I don't have a 4 wheel drive--keep saying I'm going to get another vehicle, but keep putting it off since I do like my car--and don't want to plunk more $ down if I can help it. This year will probably be the year I do, though

Judy- I can't do a lot of what I used to do---I don't like what getting older does!! In my mind I can, but my body says otherwise!

I did the un-decorating this morning as soon as I had my coffee. Didn't log in to the computer because I just wanted to get it done!!!

While I was getting the totes out of the crawl space, I decided to get rid of Christmas stuff I don't use anymore (i.e. hasn't been put in a few years)--the better things I had already given to my DD's--so this stuff just went in the garbage--felt good!!!

Now it's time to clean/dust/vaccuum and I want that done before noon- so I can relax the rest of the afternoon!!!

BBL!

Good morning everyone. It's quite a bit chillier today. But the sun is out which makes it nice. Joey is here working on the water heater. He's draining it and has it unhooked from the electrical. Now starting on the pipes that go to and from it.

Good morning.

Marlene, glad you made it down to Texas safely. Sounds like hubby's meds are what caused the low heart rate. A lot of the BP meds do lower heart rate as well, in some cases that is one of the results the doctor wants. Good idea to keep your own doctor in the loop. Sounds like are keeping very busy as always.

And we do have quite a bit of snow, and supposedly more is on the way. It looks pretty and since I don't have to go anywhere for a couple of days, it doesn't bother me. I drive a vehicle with 4 wheel drive, so driving in snow usually is not an issue for me. It's all those other people out there driving in it too!:devil

That's the truth! When I moved down here to Georgia, they told me not to get out on the roads if there was snow or ice on them, because even if I knew how to drive on it, nobody else down here did and they'd run/slide into me. :lol

Judy, you sound ambitious this week. Is it a beginning of the year thing, or is this your normal cleaning program? I did our bedroom at the end of November, but the bed did not get moved.

I'm not feeling terribly ambitious today, so we'll see what all gets done. Getting packages ready to mail and stuff ready to take to Goodwill are on the list. John is taking down the Christmas decorations.

Have safe travels in the snow up north. Catch you all later. :manyheart

Good Morning, House. :) I just realized that it's been almost 5 years since Miss Julie started our original thread! I've met so many wonderful people here. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Snow! I know you're used to it, but I would never leave the house. :lol Yay for getting to stay in for a couple of days!

Marlene ~ I'm glad your trip was a good one and hope your DH is okay. :yes Enjoy your "snowbird" time and I hope the weather stays warm and sunny for you!

Judy ~ Will you come clean my wooden blinds? :D We have lots of windows and they all have 2" blinds...that need dusting. :lol

Joanne ~ I tossed several really old Christmas things, too. It's so automatic to repack the bins with things we haven't used in many years and DD didn't want either! Enjoy your day off. :)

My favorite Henckels knife took a little slice off my left thumb last evening. Not bad enough for stitches, but not very pretty. :oops Hope it doesn't interfere with crochet time later.

Have a great day, ladies! :manyheart

Archived