Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. I spent two hours at the dentist this morning. I got a temporary crown put on the tooth where I lost the filling. It wasn't just the filling, there was also a chip off the tooth. And while he was at it, he replaced another filling that was working loose as well. so I will have to go back in a few weeks to have the permanent crown placed. My mouth is sore, and I feel like I've done a hard days work! Oh well, nothing pressing to do around here, so I can jsut sit around for the rest of the day.

Dh suggested going out for dinner tonight, but I have to work tomorrow and I think I'd rather stay home and relax. I had planned to make pulled pork sandwiches for dinner, and I think I'll still do that.

Tab, sorry that you are having such a rough time. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I've heard of people having success with turning a breech baby using chiropractic techniques, although I don't personally know anyone who tried it.

Mary and Judy, I have to count my blessings when I think of our neighbors. We don't have neighbors as close by as you do, but everyone in our neighborhood keeps their homes and yards looking good. There's never much noise either.

Linda, so sorry to hear about the hot water heater. And what an inconvenient time for it to happen! John is gone and it's a holiday weekend!

Marisa, its not often you hear about a big company like Apple going the extra mile for a customer. And yet, if you hear it once, you remember it, so it's really good PR for the company.

Hi Christi

Sounds like you have plenty to keep the kids all occupied. I used to love to color when I was a kid .

The red scarf sounds nice,and nothing wrong with making it simple, it will still keep her warm .

Sorry I couldnt see your bookworms,but I dont have a Face page ,so maybe that's why .

Hi Linda

I was worried when you first mentioned stepping in water in the bathroom,I thought you were going to say you slipped and fell in it . It really was good that you were home, or they would have gotten home to a horrible mess.

I think I'd either go ask a neighbor you know if you could use their shower, or heat some up on the stove to at least take a spongebath til the heater is fixed .

Hi Mary

That big old fence sounds like a good idea . We have good neighbors here except the nosey old lady behind us. She is kinda like our corner GESTAPO . She keeps track of all the houses on this corner and complains about what all of us do . She told us when we painted our shutters that we picked the wrong color .Told the neighbor boy next door he shouldnt have set up that little shed back there to store his mower ( I think because it blocks her view ) , and told her other neighbor lady that she should take the electric hedge clippers to her husband ,because she said he trimmed their lilacbush wrong . :think

SO, a big fence sounds good,although her house is on a little hill,so I think she'd be able to see over any fence we put up,unless we used a fence like ALCATRAZ has .

Hey Jude

Whatcha gonna do with your new yarn you bought last week ?

Marisa

You look like your hair is really thick,so it probably does feel heavy on your head. You're lucky though because it also looks like it has some curl to it,so it's pretty no matter how you wear it .

I'd be ticked off about my breakfast too. It makes me mad when I order something simple and they mess it up .

It sounds like you will get the afghan finished in plenty of time .

I'm glad your dad has some clout in the ipad store so they got theirs fixed for free .

Well, I completed the doll blanket the last 2 nights and today my eyes and nose are itching and my throat is really sore . Anything that has fibers like that, they feel like the little steel wire doohickeys that Brillo pads are made of . At least I got it done,so Pyper will have a doll blanket .

Cam is here today,but leaving for supper and tomorrow they are having some type of winter festival thing at the zoo,so Steph is taking them to that,so he will have plans tomorrow anyhow .

She said he may come back up another day. He is off school til Tuesday .

Well,gotta get off here and get a move on . Lots of clutter laying around today ,and you know how I hate clutter ..

Hello everyone. I spent two hours at the dentist this morning. I got a temporary crown put on the tooth where I lost the filling. It wasn't just the filling, there was also a chip off the tooth. And while he was at it, he replaced another filling that was working loose as well. so I will have to go back in a few weeks to have the permanent crown placed. My mouth is sore, and I feel like I've done a hard days work! Oh well, nothing pressing to do around here, so I can jsut sit around for the rest of the day.

Dh suggested going out for dinner tonight, but I have to work tomorrow and I think I'd rather stay home and relax. I had planned to make pulled pork sandwiches for dinner, and I think I'll still do that.

Marisa, its not often you hear about a big company like Apple going the extra mile for a customer. And yet, if you hear it once, you remember it, so it's really good PR for the company.

I agree about the PR and about the pulled port :lol:drool

I think she particularly likes these times because she's the 3rd child in a very busy family of 4 kids! I had a wonderful godmother who did things like that for me and I just naturally started doing the same thing when it was my turn.

Most definitely. I'm very close with my godmother, although she's an aunt and we're all pretty close with her :lol My gobfather on the other hand has been out of the picture since I was a child :shrug

Still can't see them...... Your link takes me to my facebook page.

Neither can I :( I just get my own mobile fb page.

Hi Christi

Hi Mary

That big old fence sounds like a good idea . We have good neighbors here except the nosey old lady behind us. She is kinda like our corner GESTAPO . She keeps track of all the houses on this corner and complains about what all of us do . She told us when we painted our shutters that we picked the wrong color .Told the neighbor boy next door he shouldnt have set up that little shed back there to store his mower ( I think because it blocks her view ) , and told her other neighbor lady that she should take the electric hedge clippers to her husband ,because she said he trimmed their lilacbush wrong . :think

SO, a big fence sounds good,although her house is on a little hill,so I think she'd be able to see over any fence we put up,unless we used a fence like ALCATRAZ has .

Marisa

You look like your hair is really thick,so it probably does feel heavy on your head. You're lucky though because it also looks like it has some curl to it,so it's pretty no matter how you wear it .

I'd be ticked off about my breakfast too. It makes me mad when I order something simple and they mess it up .

It sounds like you will get the afghan finished in plenty of time .

I'm glad your dad has some clout in the ipad store so they got theirs fixed for free .

Well, I completed the doll blanket the last 2 nights and today my eyes and nose are itching and my throat is really sore . Anything that has fibers like that, they feel like the little steel wire doohickeys that Brillo pads are made of . At least I got it done,so Pyper will have a doll blanket .

Cam is here today,but leaving for supper and tomorrow they are having some type of winter festival thing at the zoo,so Steph is taking them to that,so he will have plans tomorrow anyhow .

She said he may come back up another day. He is off school til Tuesday .

Well,gotta get off here and get a move on . Lots of clutter laying around today ,and you know how I hate clutter ..

Thanks Julie, my hair kinda does it's own thing and I let it for the most part. It does have curl and the weather can alter the amount of the curl :lol I've learned a long time ago not to try to make it do something it doesn't want to :lol

You always have such funny neighbor stories, and for some reason this one made me think of the boy that everyone's afraid of that pimp's out his bicycle.....what's he up to? :lol

I'm glad you were able to finish the doll blanket and spend some time with Cam. He will have fun at the zoo tomorrow and come back with lots of stories :yes

Hi again. I've been wearing DH's bose headphones :lol...the air compressor and welding machine are really loud! The taller fence is going to be wonderful.:cheer Our neighbors on each side are actually a little lower than we are, so we left that at 6 feet and they "tapered" the back to meet the sides. It may sound crazy to spend this much money replacing a good fence, but we love our yard and spending time in it. :)

Marisa ~ That is great news about your mom's ipad replacement! I didn't buy a screencover for DH's Nook Tablet, but it's in a nice leather case. How are they attached? Looking forward to seeing your graph ghan! :yes

Cindy ~ Oh, so sorry about the dental work.:hug It's never fun and I'm such a chicken. :blush

Judy ~ I'll bet you are a fabulous godmother. :manyheart How special to have that "forever" bond with her!

Julie ~ I'm glad Cam is visiting with you today! I was supposed to have lunch with part of the family today, but decided I'd rather stay here with all the workmen around. DD and Luke were the only people I wanted to see :wink and we'll see them sometime this weekend. Oh, I was really hoping the doll blanket yarn wouldn't cause a bad reaction. :(:hug

Does anyone plan on partying tomorrow night? :D I'm sure we'll be in bed fast asleep before midnight - probably by 10! :lol

~~* HAPPY NEW YEAR *~~ HELLO GIRLS!!! hope all is well with you----I just jumped in here with a spare moment and thought I'd say hello---I might log on this weekend and try to catch up on the last 300 pages of posts that i've missed!

All is well here- been SUPER SUPER busy since moving and taking on the new postition for my produce sat. job. and just life in general! My OPERATION GIVE WARMTH has kept me busy as well--I am collecting on a regular basis clothes, coats, etc to donate to homeless shelter. Aree is growing up like a weed- she's maturing and I'm not believing it! She's becoming a young lady right before my eyes! YIKES!

LOVE TO YOU ALL---HOpe you had a wonderful Christmas and 2012 brings you the best. I will try to jump on more often!

Hey Jude

Whatcha gonna do with your new yarn you bought last week ?

I want to make a "spring-looking" ghan...and just found several patterns for squares that would work - I just have to decide now:lol

Well, I completed the doll blanket the last 2 nights and today my eyes and nose are itching and my throat is really sore . Anything that has fibers like that, they feel like the little steel wire doohickeys that Brillo pads are made of . At least I got it done,so Pyper will have a doll blanket . I'm so glad you were able to make it for her!

I should rent you for the month to help with my clutter! I get way too attached to things - books in particular.

Oh....to help with the clutter issue...I ordered the basic Kindle:DIt should be arriving tomorrow...

I'm soooooo bad.....:lol

I've been browsing the free kindle books, in particular the french language books, such as translations of Edgar Allen Poe...things like that. My goddaughter has been taking french for years and wants to do a semester in France while in college so she can become fluent. I just want to try and keep up with the basics so I don't get left behind.;)

I'm very close with my godmother, although she's an aunt and we're all pretty close with her :lol My gobfather on the other hand has been out of the picture since I was a child :shrugThat's guys for you....:yes

Thanks Julie, my hair kinda does it's own thing and I let it for the most part. It does have curl and the weather can alter the amount of the curl :lol I've learned a long time ago not to try to make it do something it doesn't want to :lol

THAT is exactly why I went short! the medium length look (the style you see coming and going) was driving me crazy - esp when it got humid!

Judy ~ I'll bet you are a fabulous godmother. :manyheart How special to have that "forever" bond with her!

Her mom recently told me how happy she was that she picked me to be her godmother and at how close her daughter and I are. We're going to miss her when she goes away to college next year.

Does anyone plan on partying tomorrow night? :D I'm sure we'll be in bed fast asleep before midnight - probably by 10! :lol

your plans are the same as ours:lol:lol:lol:lol

Judy, as you may remember, I have both a Nook Color and a Kindle. (Nook is still my favorite.) I wanted a Kindle, mostly so I wouldn't miss out on any of the free books from either site. I do buy ebooks once in a while as well, but a lot of good books are offered free for a few days here and there. The books that they offer free have really broadened my reading horizons as well. If its free and sounds interesting, I will give it a try.

Judy, as you may remember, I have both a Nook Color and a Kindle. (Nook is still my favorite.) I wanted a Kindle, mostly so I wouldn't miss out on any of the free books from either site. I do buy ebooks once in a while as well, but a lot of good books are offered free for a few days here and there. The books that they offer free have really broadened my reading horizons as well. If its free and sounds interesting, I will give it a try.

I did remember that:yes...and that's why the idea sounded so logical;)

I'm so excited to be getting it....now I have to set up a rotation for all the things that need to be charged: 2 Nooks, Blackberry, and now, Kindle:lol:lol:lol:lol

Off I go for the night - in case people are off tomorrow, I'll wish everyone a very Happy, Healthy New Year now...

and may all you problems be easily dealt with...

Hi, again. Rosie and I went bumming this afternoon. We had a great time, and got quite a bit done. We ended up at Walmart and both got some groceries.

I've been invited over to Rosie's tomorrow night. She's getting a group of friends together for supper and whatever.

The water heater will get replaced on Monday. Our handyman looked at it, but will be out of town for the weekend. We actually have two water heaters. One for the master bathroom and the downstairs bathroom and one for the guest bathroom, kitchen and washer. So I can still get cleaned up for tomorrow. Rosie had offered to let me clean up over there.

Stay safe everyone. Love you all. :hug:manyheart:hug

Morning folks

Joanne

Sounds like you are still into sports . I havent kept track at all,but are any of your favorite football teams in the final wildcard spots ? All I know is that Cleveland is every bit as bad as usual,so we dont get too enthused here with NFL .

I've been into sports for a very long time!!:cheer And the Rutgers team just won the New Era Pinstripe Bowl!!!!:cheer:cheer:clap:clap Giants are playing the Cowboys and whoever wins Sunday night with be the champs of their division--so you know for sure what I'll be doing Sunday night! Are you still into Biggest Loser? I watched last season and the new season starts this Tuesday I think

'morning, peeps!

Hubby told me ablut the game...here's hoping they do as well as the basketball team did yesterday (day before:think) when they beat the 10 seeded team in double overtime!

I saw them....too cute! YAY RU WINS!!!! last night was the BB game where they beat the 10 seeded team:clap:clap:clap

Off I go: time to get the dog fur off the carpetting on the stairs.:P

That doesn't sound like fun!

Good morning. I guess it's a really good thing that I didn't go with John & Kim. This morning the dogs woke me up early. I went in the bathroom and stepped on a sopping wet rug. After determining that it didn't seem to be coming from the john or the sink, went searching for the source. It's wasn't raining outside, but sounded like it inside. It was wet in that corner of the space under the house and when I accidently stepped in it it was warm. The water heater had sprung a leak and water was spraying sideways out of the side of it. Turned off the water. Just now called to get service on it only to find out that the service plan was cancelled. Put in a call to John and am now waiting to hear what is going on with that. Of course it would happen when I'm the only one home, but on the other hand it's a good thing I was home. At the rate it was spraying out of the thing we'd have gone through a LOT of water by the time they get home on Saturday. A lot more damage would have been done. :yes Could be lots worse. Not sure I can face a cold shower though. :no
OH NO!!! But you are right, it could be lots worse!! That's why I told DH we needed to replace the water heater- it was old--and I didn't want to have it leak- I wanted to be pro-active--and for once he agreed with me:lol

Good Morning, Ladies. :) It's a bit noisy this morning...we're having our back privacy fence replaced due to not so great neighbors and this time it will be 8 feet instead of 6. :lol

Hi to everyone at the House! Have a good morning. :)

That's a great idea to make it 8 feet! My neighbors on either side are very nice and so are the backdoor neighbors- We do have a privacy fence though- they have a built in-pool and I have a large oval above ground pool--It's just more comfortable swimming without neighbors peeking!:lol

Hope you get to just relax the rest of the day

.I love pulled pork!! Wish I could come have some with you!

I love Apple and have only had GOOD experiences with them! I'm an Apple fan for life:)

The game was good- and I got to see the 2nd half! Now it's time to make dinner!

Marisa- WTG on the graph ghan- and getting done to the point you wanted to. I made a hat last night- so a few more to go for DD's friends---no knitting last night for me!

I'm heading to Trader Joe's tomorrow morning- and will probably pop in to JoAnn's (since it's right there:devil) I may pick up some Wool-Ease because I really like it - and it's on sale plus 10% off--just a few skeins:hook Plus I'm trying not to buy yarn next year and tomorrow is still this year!

I'll wish you all a very happy, healthy 2012 as well in case you are not around tomorrow!!! We were going to go to my DD's brother and sister-in-laws, but her SIL isn't back to 100% so DD isn't going since she was going to bring Ryan because my son-in-law will be working- she doesn't want to chance him getting sick- so we're not going either---

I'll probably be in bed before the ball drops too---unless I take a nap!!!

You always have such funny neighbor stories, and for some reason this one made me think of the boy that everyone's afraid of that pimp's out his bicycle.....what's he up to? :lol

Hi Marisa

He's still cruising the town in his Harley/Bike . Revs up the engine at redlights, like he will try to race you when the light changes . :D

I drive like a little old lady ( maybe because I AM one )so he could probably beat me .

Our plans consist of sitting in an upright position ,then laying down in a horizontal one ,probably before the 6 oclock news is off . We do nothing to celebrate .Just another day to us . :yes

~~* HAPPY NEW YEAR *~~ HELLO GIRLS!!! !

Howdy Miss Kiyo

Sounds like life is treating you well and keeping you busy . Good to see you . :hug

I should rent you for the month to help with my clutter! I get way too attached to things - books in particular.

Oh....to help with the clutter issue...I ordered the basic Kindle:DIt should be arriving tomorrow...

Jude

You wouldnt have to pay me, I'd do it for free. I cannot abide clutter. If I dont use it today, it's out the door . Although ,like you ,the books have slowly become an absolute MOUNTAIN . I think because I no longer crochet, I replaced the buying YARN with buying BOOKS . And shelves...and more shelves.....

You lucky thing, getting a Kindle, too ! You're gonna have one of every one now.

Does your library have free Kindle downloads ? Ours does now, and they arent all the really old books, lot of them are new bestsellers . Check it out sometime .

Judy, as you may remember, I have both a Nook Color and a Kindle. (Nook is still my favorite.).

Cindy

I am so tempted to get a Nook color. Do I NEED one ? NOPE .

I am wondering, does the background screen light up ,like a computer screen does ? I think it'd be so much handier at night . No reading light needed .

Hi Linda

sounds as though you will have a fun night coming up to bring in the new year. Enjoy !

Are you still into Biggest Loser? I watched last season and the new season starts this Tuesday I think

I have a large oval above ground pool--It's just more comfortable swimming without neighbors peeking!:lol

!

Joanne

Yep, I still love Biggest Loser !

If we ever had a pool. we'd HAVE to have a big old fence . I would really rather not have our town's version of a female Walter Cronkite keeping tabs on us in a pool .Needless to say, we both could stand to lose some poundage and neither of us would look like swimsuit models .( more like SUMO WRESTLERS) So a pool with no fence would not be feasible .

:mdust :mdust :mdustHappy New Year Everyone :mdust :mdust :mdust

'morning, peeps!:)

I've been invited over to Rosie's tomorrow night. She's getting a group of friends together for supper and whatever.

Oh, that's so nice!:)

The water heater will get replaced on Monday. Our handyman looked at it, but will be out of town for the weekend. We actually have two water heaters. One for the master bathroom and the downstairs bathroom and one for the guest bathroom, kitchen and washer. So I can still get cleaned up for tomorrow. Rosie had offered to let me clean up over there.

Stay safe everyone. Love you all. :hug:manyheart:hug

That's good about the water heater!

Jude

You wouldnt have to pay me, I'd do it for free. I cannot abide clutter. If I dont use it today, it's out the door . Although ,like you ,the books have slowly become an absolute MOUNTAIN . I think because I no longer crochet, I replaced the buying YARN with buying BOOKS . And shelves...and more shelves.....

You lucky thing, getting a Kindle, too ! You're gonna have one of every one now.I love my gadgets...and because I love to read...there's nothing better! I've been a voracious reader since I was old enough to go to our local library on my own. I was maybe...7?

Does your library have free Kindle downloads ? Ours does now, and they arent all the really old books, lot of them are new bestsellers . Check it out sometime .

I think they do...

Cindy

I am wondering, does the background screen light up ,like a computer screen does ? I think it'd be so much handier at night . No reading light needed .

My Nook tablet has a light and I think the nook color does, too. The Kindle sells leather covers with built in reading lights that pull out....:devil

BBL!!!:hug

Good morning! Have a number of things to do before John and Kim get home, but I'm taking it slow and steady. Sun is shining which is always a good thing. It's chilly but not too bad.

I'm heading to Trader Joe's tomorrow morning- and will probably pop in to JoAnn's (since it's right there:devil) I may pick up some Wool-Ease because I really like it - and it's on sale plus 10% off--just a few skeins:hook Plus I'm trying not to buy yarn next year and tomorrow is still this year!

:rofl:rofl:rofl Love your logic!

:firecrack Happy New Year's Eve! :firecrack

Hello wonderful house, the prodigal daughter has returned. I have a new laptop so I actually might be visiting more.

I hope you all have a great New Year!

Hello wonderful house, the prodigal daughter has returned. I have a new laptop so I actually might be visiting more.

I hope you all have a great New Year!

you, too, LeAnna!

Jude

You ornery little thing !!!

that's me:devil

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was busy with kids and grandbabies, just the way it is supposed to be.:) The weather here is definitely not winter:P It is in the 60's, clear and only cold at night. No rain to speak ofeither. The ski resorts in Tahoe are really feeling it.

I'm typing this on my Kindle Fire! I love it! It is so handy and has everything I need on it. Amazing how technology is these days. BF got it for me for Christmas and I never had a clue!

Test results came back ok. They want to keep an eye on my ovary and make sure nothing develops again.

It's great to see everyone and I hope the New Year brings peace,prosperity and good health to all of my house family.

:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart

Cindy

Julie, I can read on my Nook color in the dark, because the screen lights up, pretty much just like a comnputer. Same with the Kindle Fire. I read in bed with the lights out a lot. The only thing is, it's hard to read on the Nook in really bright light, like out in the sun, because of the glare on the screen. I haven't had the Kindle Fire long enough to know if it will be the same in bright light. However, since I don't generally sit out in the sun to read, it hasn't been a problem for me.

Oh and did I mention? I love my Nook Color!!!

Trish, that's such good news about your medical tests. And what a great gift. Dh pre-ordered a Kindle Fire for me when they were announced, so I've had mine for a month or so already. (maybe longer...) I like it a lot, but I still like my Nook Color better. Dh uses the Kindle Fire quite a bit though, even though he has a Kindle 3G.

Leanna, nice to see you again. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Happy New Year everyone. We aren't doing anything special tonight, since I have to work again tomorrow. I may be back checking in later.

Archived