Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Brrrr---very, very cold!!! Traffic was a bear coming home. I work 17 miles from home and it took me an hour 1/2 to get home!! CRAZY!!!! We had leftover chicken soup for dinner- and on such a cold evening, it really hit the spot! Still have a little bit left over so I"m taking that for lunch tomorrow!

sounds like leftover holiday traffic! UGH.

I was busy today- and the project kick off is going to be the day I return from Boston- so it'll be a little intense! I've got lots of prelim work to do and also I've been transitioning some of my current workload. I'm glad tomorrow is already hump day!

Off to do a little hooky!

when are you going to Boston?

Here is a picture of the pattern and the cross-stitch as it is at the moment. The sky and angel are done and so is Bethlehem. The Wise men and camel need outlining and detailing. The center trees are are done. The outside shephard needs detailing but is otherwise almost done. The sheep are just barely started and lots of flowers are undone.

[ATTACH]49729[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]49730[/ATTACH]

That's a beautiful piece!! I love the colors....

I managed to get a few rows of my ghan done last night and am now done with the pattern so when I sit back down it will be solid black until I reach my length :yes:clap I must say that I'm very proud since I made the graph myself :eek It looks awesome and my sister is just totally amazed :lol

You and I here seem to be the only ones who really love making graph ghans:lol I gave my neighbor the sunbonnet girl and dog one I made for her baby girl and she loved it....I was finally able to post a pic of it on FB:lol

Judy - Will you get to take the pups out today? It's a smidge warmer :lol

Uh-uh....not warm enough here!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon, everyone. :)

Julie ~ Your cross stitch pattern is so pretty! That site has so many great things on it...a great fabric selection and lots more. Sorry about the batteries, but at least you have someone close to come to the house. :yes

Marisa ~ Ooh, can't wait to see your graph 'ghan. :hook Were you able to fix the printer? We've only had issues once...I reinstalled the software and it hasn't happened again. :xfin DH thought I was so clever but I had no idea what I was doing. :lol

Joanne ~ Wow! I hope your commute is much easier today. When are you going to Boston?

Linda ~ Sorry you're not getting some time off this week. :hug Your cross stitch is absolutely gorgeous!

Hi to everyone else at the House, too! :manyheart

I stayed with Luke yesterday while DD went to the doctor. He is changing so fast, and is so sweet and good natured. Potty training has begun and he thinks it's so much fun. :lol He'll be here Friday through Sunday - the weather is supposed to be nice, so we're planning to go feed the ducks and maybe a trip to the zoo.

My bright colors RR is calling me - have a wonderful afternoon. :)

Linda ~ Love the quote under your signature. :)

Thanks, Mary. It's a favorite of mine.

I finally finished hiding the tails on the last two RR Christmas gifts. They're in the wash now. Finally can get things boxed and sent. Better late than never. These are the ones for my son (black & white) and dil (fall colors). Broke my needle half way through the first one, but managed to find another that worked.

post-9295-135897724012_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897724009_thumb.jpg

Judy - I really do enjoy the graph ghans....keeps the project interesting IMO :yes Sorry you didn't get to go for your walk again

Mary - Thanks, I don't know if my sister has tried the printer. She's reinstalled the software about a hundred times with no luck :sigh

Linda - Gorgeous ghans :manyheart

I stayed with Luke yesterday while DD went to the doctor. He is changing so fast, and is so sweet and good natured. Potty training has begun and he thinks it's so much fun. :lol He'll be here Friday through Sunday - the weather is supposed to be nice, so we're planning to go feed the ducks and maybe a trip to the zoo.

I love that age!

I dropped off the baby ghan to my neighbor yesterday and was on the receiving end of so much attention from her 1 1/2 yo boy! He was a doll, giving me his little trains, a book, and just being totally comfortable with me. It's been quite a while since I saw him, too. He stood at their storm door and watched me walk back across the street so I turned around and gave him a big wave. I was smiling all afternoon!:):c9

My bright colors RR is calling me - have a wonderful afternoon. :)

are you using random colors??

I finally finished hiding the tails on the last two RR Christmas gifts. They're in the wash now. Finally can get things boxed and sent. Better late than never. These are the ones for my son (black & white) and dil (fall colors). Broke my needle half way through the first one, but managed to find another that worked.

[ATTACH]49737[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]49738[/ATTACH]

Great work, Linda! They look fantastic!

Judy - I really do enjoy the graph ghans....keeps the project interesting IMO :yes Sorry you didn't get to go for your walk again

I DO get bored easily - graph ghans are the best way to prevent that!:yes:lol

Way too bitter today for a walk - I couldn't have taken Sparkie anyway - one of his front legs is bothering him. I think his days of running after toys in the yard are over:(

They did want to go out together, so I left them outside with their toys for a while. They curled up side by side:c9

Good morning. It's chilly again this morning and we let the water drip again last night to protect the pipes. It's supposed to start warming up again now and be lots nicer this weekend.

I was looking forward to having this week off, but with John's changes of plans that just didn't happen. Therefore things are getting done downstairs very slowly. But there is still progress if only in little bits instead of big bits.

Here is a picture of the pattern and the cross-stitch as it is at the moment. The sky and angel are done and so is Bethlehem. The Wise men and camel need outlining and detailing. The center trees are are done. The outside shephard needs detailing but is otherwise almost done. The sheep are just barely started and lots of flowers are undone.

Its going to be beautiful!

thanks, mary. It's a favorite of mine.

I finally finished hiding the tails on the last two rr christmas gifts. They're in the wash now. Finally can get things boxed and sent. Better late than never. These are the ones for my son (black & white) and dil (fall colors). Broke my needle half way through the first one, but managed to find another that worked.

[attach]49737[/attach] [attach]49738[/attach]

wow!!!

Good morning. It's chilly again this morning and we let the water drip again last night to protect the pipes. It's supposed to start warming up again now and be lots nicer this weekend.

I was looking forward to having this week off, but with John's changes of plans that just didn't happen. Therefore things are getting done downstairs very slowly. But there is still progress if only in little bits instead of big bits.

Beautiful work!!!

hi, peeps....

Good thoughts for my sweet 6 yo furbaby Sparkie, if you would. In addition to having a chronically gimpyback left leg, overnight his lower front leg that he was limping on a little yesterday became extrememly swollen. He barely puts it down on the floor. We're hoping it'll pass with time, but he's really hurting. Waiting to call the vet for something for the pain.....

BBL

hi, peeps....

Good thoughts for my sweet 6 yo furbaby Sparkie, if you would. In addition to having a chronically gimpyback left leg, overnight his lower front leg that he was limping on a little yesterday became extrememly swollen. He barely puts it down on the floor. We're hoping it'll pass with time, but he's really hurting. Waiting to call the vet for something for the pain.....

BBL

Oh, poor Sparky! :hug :hug :hug :hug

Good morning. John woke me up, sort of, at 5:30 when he left to go hunting. It took me another hour to actually make it upstairs to be with Kim. After two nights of not sleeping well, I was sleeping soundly and had a hard time coming to. Went back to sleep and just woke up. Feel much better with a good night's sleep under my belt. Kim's still asleep.

John's going in to work after hunting. He may or may not make it home in the early afternoon. Time will tell. Supposedly today is just for a demo for one of his boss's clients, but those things have a way of morphing into lots of other things. He's planning on getting groceries on the way home too, which can take a while.

One of my friends brought up the question of goals for the new year. It got me to thinking. I've kind of given up on New Year's Resolutions as they never seem to last for long. But one thing I'd like to do is devote at least one day a week for working on something for me. I do so much for other people that I never seem to get much time for the things I'd like to do for me. Maybe I could actually do one day a week for me. That would add up to a little more than a month and a half over the course of the year. That's time for at least one quilt for me. Hmmmmm...... What do you gals think?

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ Please give Sparkie a big hug and a treat from us. :hug I hope the swelling goes down quickly.

Cindy ~ So sorry about your computer problems. Is is fixable?

Linda ~ YES! It's about time you made something for you. :D Your two RRs are beautiful - I know they will be loved!

Today will be errands and laundry so I'd better get to it. Have a good morning!

Judy, take good care of your baby.

Linda, time for you sounds like a great idea. When my son was born just 15 months after my daughter, I felt like all I did was change diapers. My husband agreed to watch the babies for half an hour a day - that was almost more than he could handle, but he did it anyway. In a year's time I did make a twin size sampler quilt for my daughter. It did take a bit of planning to make the most of those half hours, but it worked out just fine.

You guys should see Joanne knitting! She really concentrates, and you barely hear a peep out of her. It is slow going, but her stitches are getting nice and even. :cheer:clap Keep up the good work, Joanne. It will get easier and faster with time, and before you know it you will be able to use that Peaches and Creme yarn and make dishcloths in no time at all. Christmas gifts for next year? :D :D :D

Good morning housemates :hi

After we got back home last night I worked on my ghan a bit and got 10 rows done :clap So now I have 11 left and the border :bounce And as of now, we don't have plans tonight so I should get some time in on it.

Linda - I think it's a great idea to make some time for yourself, you totally deserve it....not to mention it will help to keep you sane :wink

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ So sorry about your computer problems. Is is fixable?

Yes, I think so, I just can't get on the internet with it. I can't figure out what the problem is, and I don't think DS will be here this weekend to fix it. He said something about going skiing this weekend. Meanwhile I have my phone, my Kindle fire, my Nook Color and at the moment I am on Dh's

computer. He doesn't ind if I use it, but he works on it most evenings, so I'm limited to daytime use. I have a terrrible time responding via those little gadgets I have, although I can stay caught up with reading.

Howdy Ladies.

No c-section date in stone yet; the doc just said the 19 or 20th. AND now he's saying if the baby turns by then he won't do it yet he won't do an ultrasound to find out until the section date. :think If I get there & have to go home without a baby I will be so frustrated. :angry Enough is enough already......i'm tired & uncomfortable. :yes

Julie~Very pretty cross stitch. I haven't cross stitched in awhile, but it is definitely one of my loves.

Linda~Beautiful shawls & ghans. :clap That black & gray RR is a real beauty. Great job. :cheer

I have been working on another baby ghan. Hubby picked out the pattern & it is just a plain ole granny square kinda pattern. I'm using four different colors & then sewing the blocks together. I'm over half done & really need to pump it out because i'd like to make another hat & a sweater BUT we shall see if I get that far. :hook:yarn

Have a great day & everyone stay warm. :manyheart:ghug

Howdy Ladies.

No c-section date in stone yet; the doc just said the 19 or 20th. AND now he's saying if the baby turns by then he won't do it yet he won't do an ultrasound to find out until the section date. :think If I get there & have to go home without a baby I will be so frustrated. :angry Enough is enough already......i'm tired & uncomfortable. :yes

I have been working on another baby ghan. Hubby picked out the pattern & it is just a plain ole granny square kinda pattern. I'm using four different colors & then sewing the blocks together. I'm over half done & really need to pump it out because i'd like to make another hat & a sweater BUT we shall see if I get that far. :hook:yarn

That would be a real bummer for sure. But I do hope that Elijah cooperates and turns himself head down. Recovery time is much faster with a normal delivery.

Howdy Ladies.

Julie~Very pretty cross stitch. I haven't cross stitched in awhile, but it is definitely one of my loves.

Linda~Beautiful shawls & ghans. :clap That black & gray RR is a real beauty. Great job. :cheer

:hug I wonder why they wouldn't do a follow up ultrasound prior to the section date :think You are in my thoughts and prayers :hug

I found some Rymadel (sp) from last year that I gave to Sparkie - still waiting for the vet to call. Lucy needs her rabies booster tomorrow so she can get her license, so I can pick up a few more pills from the vet tomorrow. I'd rather just describe the issue to her than try and get Sparkie in and out of my car. He can barely stand on the leg - jumping from a car is a no-no.

He's sleeping right now, and I took Lucy for a nice long walk an hour ago so she won't bug her big brother...too much energy and she can't figure out why he's not playing and interacting with her.

We hate seeing him like this:(

Oh, poor Sparky! :hug :hug :hug :hug

Good morning. John woke me up, sort of, at 5:30 when he left to go hunting. that wasn't nice.

It took me another hour to actually make it upstairs to be with Kim. After two nights of not sleeping well, I was sleeping soundly and had a hard time coming to. Went back to sleep and just woke up. Feel much better with a good night's sleep under my belt. Kim's still asleep.

One of my friends brought up the question of goals for the new year. It got me to thinking. I've kind of given up on New Year's Resolutions as they never seem to last for long. But one thing I'd like to do is devote at least one day a week for working on something for me. I do so much for other people that I never seem to get much time for the things I'd like to do for me. Maybe I could actually do one day a week for me. That would add up to a little more than a month and a half over the course of the year. That's time for at least one quilt for me. Hmmmmm...... What do you gals think?

Oh, yes! Linda time!!!!:yes:yay:yes

Judy, take good care of your baby.

He's getting lots of hugs...

You guys should see Joanne knitting! She really concentrates, and you barely hear a peep out of her. It is slow going, but her stitches are getting nice and even. :cheer:clap Keep up the good work, Joanne. It will get easier and faster with time, and before you know it you will be able to use that Peaches and Creme yarn and make dishcloths in no time at all. Christmas gifts for next year? :D :D :D

Oh, my - I'll never have the nerve to show her my latest effort at a knitted dishcloth. It'll work, if I ever finish it, but...no points for presentation:lol

at the moment I am on Dh's

computer. He doesn't ind if I use it, but he works on it most evenings, so I'm limited to daytime use. I have a terrrible time responding via those little gadgets I have, although I can stay caught up with reading.

Hubby uses my computer during the day when he's home, and like you, even with the other gadgets, I prefer posting on the regular computer. I have too much going on downstairs to spend any time at his desk upstairs.

OK, Elijah - enough! Time to swim into the right position!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I've spent the morning playing with lettering styles for some bookmarks I want to make as Christmas gifts next year. I couldn't find just what I liked so tried creating one of my own. I think I've got it narrowed down to a couple that are possibles and think I'll actually try them out and see what I think of them.

The other thing I've been playing with is material for a quilt with an oriental theme. I'm getting closer to figuring out what will go in the big blocks and then can work on the smaller squares. Color theme is gradually coming into view. This is the pattern that I located while reorganizing the material shelves and then modified. Lots of oranges, golds, and turquoise so far. Bright and bold! :lol

I've spent the morning playing with lettering styles for some bookmarks I want to make as Christmas gifts next year. I couldn't find just what I liked so tried creating one of my own. I think I've got it narrowed down to a couple that are possibles and think I'll actually try them out and see what I think of them.

Isn't it nice having the luxury of time?

The other thing I've been playing with is material for a quilt with an oriental theme. I'm getting closer to figuring out what will go in the big blocks and then can work on the smaller squares. Color theme is gradually coming into view. This is the pattern that I located while reorganizing the material shelves and then modified. Lots of oranges, golds, and turquoise so far. Bright and bold! :lol

Nice!:yes

The meds I gave Sparkie have helped him get around a lot easier this afternoon...fingers crossed that the rest he had today will help the swelling start to go down - maybe by tomorrow.

Archived