Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning housemates :hi and Happy New Year :yay

We had a great weekend with friends and I made great progress on the graph ghan. It should all be downhill from here :lol We went to the neighbors party on Saturday and then yesterday went to the bar for the steelers game so that we could also watch the ravens game at the same time, which we decided was quite difficult :lol My Eagles won, but it didn't really matter in the scheme of the playoffs :shrug

Judy - Sorry the fireworks woke you up :(

Linda - Glad to hear that the water heater is being fixed. Your projects are all gorgeous :manyheart

Joanne - Great logic on buying the yarn 'last year' :lol Congrat's to your co-worker.

Julie - I thought about you when my dad called to see if we survived the earthquake in Ohio....we didn't even know about it :shrug Glad to hear that it didn't effect you at all :hug

LeAnna - Great to 'see' you and :yay for a new laptop

Trish - Awesome news on the test results :hug and how exciting to get the kindle :yay

Cindy - I find that when I read outside on the nook color that if I adjust the brightness/contrast it helps tremendously, plus I have the anti-glare cover on it too.

Marlene - Glad to hear that dh is doing better and agree to keep in contact with your regular doctor, as I tell all of my patients....if you don't tell them, they don't know.

:hi to everyone else in the house and I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, and healthy 2012! :hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy, you sound ambitious this week. Is it a beginning of the year thing, or is this your normal cleaning program? I did our bedroom at the end of November, but the bed did not get moved.

It's the beginning of the year urge to clean and purge...though DH is more ambitious than I am...I need the push.:lol

Good Morning, House. :) I just realized that it's been almost 5 years since Miss Julie started our original thread! I've met so many wonderful people here. :manyheart

AMazing!

Judy ~ Will you come clean my wooden blinds? :D We have lots of windows and they all have 2" blinds...that need dusting. :lol

I don't like blinds...:P Wish I had pleated shades like the ones over our patio windows!

My favorite Henckels knife took a little slice off my left thumb last evening. Not bad enough for stitches, but not very pretty. :oops Hope it doesn't interfere with crochet time later. OUCH!:hug

Have a great day, ladies! :manyheart

You too....and how is DH?

Hi gang

Wow, lots of posts since I was in -- to answer some of you who asked which cross stitch kit I am doing ,here is a link :

http://everythingcrossstitch.com/passion-flower-angel-mrp-p23971.aspx?k2=m60y4

Just started it last night,so not very far yet,but these usually aren't very speedy projects . I have no clue what I'll do with it, I just thought it was pretty and would keep my hands busy .

Jude

You can come clean my house when you're done if you want. We need to make a deal. I'll come to your house and de-clutter it,you come here and clean. It's clean,just not white-glove clean .

Marisa

It sounds like you have had a fun time watching the games with friends . We rarely notice the earthquakes here --they have never been bad ones like some states get them .

We'll all be waiting to see yout afghan when done .

Marlene

I have been wondering about you ,but figured you guys were on the road traveling .Glad you made it down there safely and I hope the docs keep your husband shaped up .I would have also called your doc at home. They can fax all the papers up here to him so he can see what was happening .

Your new porch sounds really nice. I bet you'll enjoy it .

Cindy

We got some snow here too. It started late last night and poured for awhile this morning,but now it's stopped. We only have a couple inches .

Good Morning, House. :) I just realized that it's been almost 5 years since Miss Julie started our original thread! I've met so many wonderful people here.

!

Hey Mary

It'll be 6 years in March since I first joined in here. I must be one of the OLDIES .Not sure how many are still here from back then . Probably at least a handful of us .

Be careful with them knives-- you may have a hrd time crocheting for a bit. I cut one of my fingers once like that and wore a bandaid on it,but it still seemed hard to do crafts dduring that time .

Joanne

I got rid of almost all our Christmas stuff .The older we get the less we put up,so this year was very easy. I just don't bother with all that anymore when its just the 2 of us here .

How'd your team do last night ? We didnt have the tv on .

Linda

Try to take it easy with your head this week. I'm glad you will still be able to get some partial rest at least for one more week.

Well, I guess I'll quit yakking now. Cam came up this afternoon to sped his last day off school with us,so I guess I'll get off here and see what we can get into today .No more duct tape in the house,so we'll have to think up a new scheme . :D

You all have a good afternoon .

Good morning house...Happy 2012...am watching the Rose Parade on the Hallmark channel. I hope all of you are having a good day...I'm in slow motion today...but that's okay, as long as I keep moving about.

Hi gang

Wow, lots of posts since I was in -- to answer some of you who asked which cross stitch kit I am doing ,here is a link :

Just started it last night,so not very far yet,but these usually aren't very speedy projects . I have no clue what I'll do with it, I just thought it was pretty and would keep my hands busy .

Oh, that's beautiful!!

Jude

You can come clean my house when you're done if you want. We need to make a deal. I'll come to your house and de-clutter it,you come here and clean. It's clean,just not white-glove clean .

you would have to catch me on a good day for the white glove clean part:lol:lol

Hey Mary

It'll be 6 years in March since I first joined in here. I must be one of the OLDIES .Not sure how many are still here from back then . Probably at least a handful of us .

I joined in Nov '06...not to far after you did!

Well, I guess I'll quit yakking now. Cam came up this afternoon to sped his last day off school with us,so I guess I'll get off here and see what we can get into today .No more duct tape in the house,so we'll have to think up a new scheme . :D

You all have a good afternoon .

Enjoy your visit:c9

Good morning house...Happy 2012...am watching the Rose Parade on the Hallmark channel. I hope all of you are having a good day...I'm in slow motion today...but that's okay, as long as I keep moving about.

Happy 2012 to you, too...

HI all,

Julie- I like that cross-stitch- it's really pretty!! Hope you enjoyed your time with Cam!

And yes The NY GIANTS ARE NFC Champs!!! They have their first playoff game next Sunday at 1--so you know what I'll be doing!!! LOL

Hi there LeAnna- Happy 2012 to you too!!

I went and got a mani/pedi today to gear up for the return to Paradise! I watched the Winter Classic which was a really good game!! Nothing like a hockey game that's played outdoors--it was in Marisa's old town- Philly! The Rangers (my SIL's fav team) beat the Philly team, The Flyers.

I made a hat for Ryan today- to match one I had made for my stepgrandson- Went to take a pic- but battery needs charging. Also finished another hat for DD's friend-- I think I have enough now to give her when she comes Friday after work to bring to her friends. If not, they work up quick enough, but I need a break from an large hook!

Have a good evening!

Good morning!! It's a cold one out there today- supposed to be the coldest day of the winter so far. :wcold:wbrr

It's going to be an interesting day in Paradise---it's always a little busy after a long weekend---and the traffic will be back to its normal and maybe worse since the powers that be raised the tolls on the GSP and the NJ Tpk--which means more cars will take other routes!

Off to get the party started!

Have a good one!:hug

Morning folks

It is freezing here too .WOW ! Winter hit all at once .. We saw very little snow at all before this. not a pile out there today,maybe a couple inches,but it is bitter cold .

Hope you all have a good day and stay warm .

'morning, peeps!!

Joanne...did you have to wear the flip flops outside in the cold after your pedi??:think Brrrr....

No snow here - yet. I'm waiting to toss Lucy her first ever snowball!:D

Jules, I was reading the newspaper this morning and saw where there have been 11 earthquakes near Youngstown Ohio since last Spring...supposedly due to wastewater from oil and gas drilling in the area being deposited near earthquake faults.

Hmmmmm.....

Good morning. It was supposed to get down to 18* this morning and was only at 25* at 9:00. That's where we leave a drizzle of water going so the pipes don't freeze. Yuck! :( And two days ago it ws 70*. What a switch! :eek

Water heater is in and making lots of HOT water. Almost done in the closet, but definitely getting there. Lots of stuff to wrap and package up for mailing or donating, then the main part of the downstairs is almost back in shape.

Not much of this week is ending up free, with John having to work today and tomorrow and going to a high school reunion Friday through Sunday. I have two more RRs that need their tails hidden and to be washed and then it's just sending stuff and I'll be done with everything for Christmas 2011. Finally.

Hi gang

Wow! That's beautiful, Julie. Should keep you busy for a while at least.

Hey Mary

I joined in December of 2006 and was one of the first to join in on this CAL which has been a great one.

Linda

Try to take it easy with your head this week. I'm glad you will still be able to get some partial rest at least for one more week.

John has to go in to work today and tomorrow, but at least they won't be full days. His boss had to take off for Florida unexpectedly, as his mom is in the hospital. Boss's boss is in town so John is filling in with him to answer questions and what not.

Good Morning, House. :) I just realized that it's been almost 5 years since Miss Julie started our original thread! I've met so many wonderful people here. :manyheart

I agree!

My favorite Henckels knife took a little slice off my left thumb last evening. Not bad enough for stitches, but not very pretty. :oops Hope it doesn't interfere with crochet time later.

Have a great day, ladies! :manyheart

Ouch! Take it easy there, Mary.

Good morning housemates :hi

No crocheting for me last night :( I hopefully fixed my sister's printer, only time will tell since it randomly likes to kick offline and won't work with the wireless :think I had a patient at 2:30 and then headed over to Ingrid's for the Winter Classic, which started at 3. I was late, but am NOT complaining :lol I couldn't sleep last night so will probably head out of here early today. I'm hoping to get some laundry done later while crocheting :xfin Today is the graph ghan recipients birthday, but his party is Saturday. We'll see when he gets his gift because I won't take it out the bar :no But his girlfriend is picking me and my sister up a couple hours before party time on saturday to help her decorate so if she drops him off to hand out with my sister bf, then I'll give it to him there. Hmmm, sorry I'm just thinking 'out loud' :lol

Joanne - I hope the roads don't get bad for your commute :xfin

Julie and Cindy - It's also cold and snowy here too. The temps are only a high of 20 and not much accumulation, just a dusting as far as I'm concerned....maybe a half inch, but unfortunately, there's ice under that :(

Linda - WTG on your RR's and I hope you get your tails hidden today :xfin

Judy - No snowballs yet?

It's also cold and snowy here too. The temps are only a high of 20 and not much accumulation, just a dusting as far as I'm concerned....maybe a half inch, but unfortunately, there's ice under that :(

Be careful!

Judy - No snowballs yet?

Nope...too close to the coast. It moderates the temperature alot.

Color me happy. :D I finally found the counted cross-stitch picture I started a couple of years ago and then misplaced. It was in plain sight where I didn't expect it to be. :lol It's a combination of three different patterns with some ad libbing where they come together and some modifications here and there to fit the shape and size requirements. I've been actively looking for it for a couple of months. Maybe I can finish it now. It's at least 3/4 done already.

:yay Linda for finding your cross stitch...isn't funny how what we're looking for is often right there :think The worst is when I'm looking for my glasses and they're on my face :blush or looking for my phone and I'm using it :rofl

I'm getting ready to head out in a few so probably won't be back until tomorrow. :hug

Oh Cindy - I almost forgot, my sister finished her dishcloth this weekend with the pattern you gave me. :clap Now she decided she's ready for something just a LITTLE more challenging. So, I have a pattern in my folder for a round dishcloth using a couple different stitches and since we haven't done rounds yet. Thanks again.

I'll see if I can sneak a pic later to share with you all.

Hi guys

Been kinda uiet in here today ,but no wonder if everyone is gettng the same snow we are . Ours starts and snows really hard, then slows down a bit, then bam, it starts again .

We woke up 3 days ago with a dead truck battery,then this morning my car battery was dead . It wasbehind Sam's truck ,so he couldnt get out to go to work til we got my car moving. Finally we got hold of AutoMedic downtown and they came up ,put m battery in and turned on the heat for me and left it running . Service with a smile .:D

So,then I went to the store to get a new winter coat,since it is 18 out today. A little nippy .

Been running my hiney off all day .Not sure what I have been doing, but I just now sat down .

You all stay safe out on the roads .

Linda

Your cross stitch pattern sounds quite interesting to mix 3 together into one. I'd never be able to make up my own like that . It's all I can do to keep track of the stitches with a pattern .

Well, I should get off here and see about starting supper soon . Not sure if Sam will make it home on time tonite since he got there so late3 this morning .

Will check in later --

PS

My gosh, my old wrinkled up brain cannot even count . This March will be SEVEN years of being a member here .

_____

Dingey ..... I know several of you joined not too long after me, like the same year or next year,so we have lots of Oldies but Goodies in here .

Hi guys

Been kinda uiet in here today ,but no wonder if everyone is gettng the same snow we are . Ours starts and snows really hard, then slows down a bit, then bam, it starts again .

We woke up 3 days ago with a dead truck battery,then this morning my car battery was dead . It wasbehind Sam's truck ,so he couldnt get out to go to work til we got my car moving. Finally we got hold of AutoMedic downtown and they came up ,put m battery in and turned on the heat for me and left it running . Service with a smile .:D

So,then I went to the store to get a new winter coat,since it is 18 out today. A little nippy .

Been running my hiney off all day .Not sure what I have been doing, but I just now sat down .

You all stay safe out on the roads .

Glad you got the battery fixed promptly.

Linda

Your cross stitch pattern sounds quite interesting to mix 3 together into one. I'd never be able to make up my own like that . It's all I can do to keep track of the stitches with a pattern .

Will check in later --

It's a combination of three Christmas stocking patterns. The middle has an angel over Bethlehem, the left side is the three wisemen minus the stuff from the toe, and the right side is two shephards with sheep and an extra sheep thrown in to balance the middle. Extra buildings added to Bethlehem, and extra trees and flowers filling in the middle of the middle too. Just finished up a clump of the trees. Now I remember why I put it away. Working on it it is really hard to see what I'm supposed to be doing where. :P

Color me happy. :D I finally found the counted cross-stitch picture I started a couple of years ago and then misplaced. It was in plain sight where I didn't expect it to be. :lol It's a combination of three different patterns with some ad libbing where they come together and some modifications here and there to fit the shape and size requirements. I've been actively looking for it for a couple of months. Maybe I can finish it now. It's at least 3/4 done already.

I read your description of it - sounds challenging, but if it'sthat close to being done...;):cheer:clap:cheer

Jules, stay warm!

No walk for the pups today - too windy, on top of the cold weather! I made my hubby's favorite Greek soup for dinner tonight...made us very toasty:yes

'nite all!

Brrrr---very, very cold!!! Traffic was a bear coming home. I work 17 miles from home and it took me an hour 1/2 to get home!! CRAZY!!!! We had leftover chicken soup for dinner- and on such a cold evening, it really hit the spot! Still have a little bit left over so I"m taking that for lunch tomorrow!

Glad you found the cross stitch Linda--it's great when stuff like that happens. I had to chuckle at Marisa's comment about looking for glasses and they are on, or looking for phone and you're talking on it!

I was busy today- and the project kick off is going to be the day I return from Boston- so it'll be a little intense! I've got lots of prelim work to do and also I've been transitioning some of my current workload. I'm glad tomorrow is already hump day!

Off to do a little hooky!

Good morning. It's chilly again this morning and we let the water drip again last night to protect the pipes. It's supposed to start warming up again now and be lots nicer this weekend.

I was looking forward to having this week off, but with John's changes of plans that just didn't happen. Therefore things are getting done downstairs very slowly. But there is still progress if only in little bits instead of big bits.

Here is a picture of the pattern and the cross-stitch as it is at the moment. The sky and angel are done and so is Bethlehem. The Wise men and camel need outlining and detailing. The center trees are are done. The outside shephard needs detailing but is otherwise almost done. The sheep are just barely started and lots of flowers are undone.

post-9295-135897723982_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897723974_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon housemates :hi

*note: Joanne - I copied the 1st paragraph from our other thread :lol

OK, so much for a long relaxing evening yesterday. At about 4:25 (I ended up doing some more stuff around here) my sister called and asked what I was doing and when I told her I was getting ready to leave, she said her bf's car wouldn't start and leaves for work at 4:30 since he works the night shift right now :eek So I left immediately and he tried to jump with my battery pack (I keep it in the car) and it didn't work so he was just going to take my car and then my sister was on her way home (I think she just took advantage of the excuse to leave early :lol ) so he waited until she got there and took her car instead. In the meantime we put our dinner in the over and called AAA, it always takes them forever...then went to throw a load of laundry in. As we were putting the laundry in the guy called that he was there so steph met him outside and I kept an eye on our salmon in the oven. He got it started, but was only down to 2 batteries and neither were for bean's car and starts his day with 15! It was a busy day for them with the yucky and cold weather. So once the car was started we didn't want to turn it off :think So start calling around and nobody could do it last night because it was late and they were already backed up. So we dropped it off to have done this morning. Steph's taking advantage again and leaving work early :lol I don't blame her since she usually gets stuck there til 7 almost every night. But I'm on call in case something happens and I have to take him to get the car.

Just because I didn't want to type all that a 2nd time. And can I just say that as I typing that my nephew called so I was a bit distracted and ended up in there for a bit and when I came back out of the thread all of the other no longer had the button to go to the last read post :( So that just frustrates me a bit :sigh

Anyhow, tonight my sister has a haircut appointment so me and Ingrid are going as well and then out to eat after :lol I managed to get a few rows of my ghan done last night and am now done with the pattern so when I sit back down it will be solid black until I reach my length :yes:clap I must say that I'm very proud since I made the graph myself :eek It looks awesome and my sister is just totally amazed :lol

Julie - Glad your battery got taken care of quickly :hug Happy 7 year anniversary :wink

Linda - Your cross stitch is beautiful :manyheart

Judy - Will you get to take the pups out today? It's a smidge warmer :lol

Joanne - Soup sounds wonderful. We put on a crock pot of turkey chili last night going to bed so bean had a warm meal when he got home from work at 4:30 am and that's what I'm having for lunch today :drool I'll be sending you positive thoughts starting now for your transition project :hug

Be back in a bit.

Archived