Our House Part Two

JulieKay

hi, peeps....

Good thoughts for my sweet 6 yo furbaby Sparkie, if you would. In addition to having a chronically gimpyback left leg, overnight his lower front leg that he was limping on a little yesterday became extrememly swollen. He barely puts it down on the floor. We're hoping it'll pass with time, but he's really hurting. Waiting to call the vet for something for the pain.....

BBL

:hug:hug:hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my friends brought up the question of goals for the new year. It got me to thinking. I've kind of given up on New Year's Resolutions as they never seem to last for long. But one thing I'd like to do is devote at least one day a week for working on something for me. I do so much for other people that I never seem to get much time for the things I'd like to do for me. Maybe I could actually do one day a week for me. That would add up to a little more than a month and a half over the course of the year. That's time for at least one quilt for me. Hmmmmm...... What do you gals think?

I think it is a wonderful idea, Linda!!!! We all need to take some "me" time, which is something we seldom do!! I like this idea for a goal!!!!:yes

Judy, take good care of your baby.

Linda, time for you sounds like a great idea. When my son was born just 15 months after my daughter, I felt like all I did was change diapers. My husband agreed to watch the babies for half an hour a day - that was almost more than he could handle, but he did it anyway. In a year's time I did make a twin size sampler quilt for my daughter. It did take a bit of planning to make the most of those half hours, but it worked out just fine.

You guys should see Joanne knitting! She really concentrates, and you barely hear a peep out of her. It is slow going, but her stitches are getting nice and even. :cheer:clap Keep up the good work, Joanne. It will get easier and faster with time, and before you know it you will be able to use that Peaches and Creme yarn and make dishcloths in no time at all. Christmas gifts for next year? :D :D :D

Awww, thanks for the compliment, Phyllis! Coming from you they mean a lot (really, ladies- you should see Phyllis's work- both knit and crochet:manyheart) I like the idea of knit dishcloths for Christmas gifts!!! Now to learn the purl stitch!!!:lol

Judy- I can't imagine that your work (even if knitted) isn't just fine!!! Hope that this morning finds Sparkie feeling a little better!!!

Cindy- I like posting from my laptop so much better than from the ipad--although I'm getting better at it. It is definitely easier with a keyboard!! Hope that your computer is fixed in no time --but if DS is going skiing- I guess it'll have to wait!

Didn't do any knitting last night- instead I worked on a RR (you should see the pretty RR Phyllis was working on the other night)

Off to get ready for Paradise---another busy day on tap!!!

'morning, peeps!

Sparkie is a lot better this morning, thank goodness! He only has a slight limp and most of the swelling is gone...

He's such a baby we both get very upset when he's hurting.

I believe that the postive thoughts he was getting, joined with ours (and the constant nuzzling and petting he was getting from us) made all the difference. Hopefully that'll be the last drama for a very long time!

Anyone else joining the Bernat CAL with us?:devil

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm with the general concensus of prefering to post from a regular keyboard as opposed to the ipad, nook, phon, etc which is why I typically am not in much on the weekend and if I do stop by it's just a quick fly by :yes

My new patient came last night and she was such a sweetheart....reminded me a bit of you, Judy :yes Anyways, I still have some of her paperwork to get in the computer and billing to send off. I didn't get home until 8 :eek But that's just because I'm still getting aquainted with entering all the info into the computer system for new patients and having to look stuff up and add other things into the system to cater more to my liking :sigh But, it will pan out in due time :yes I was supposed to have a patient in at 11, but he called to reschedule for Monday since his son had to go to the hospital yesterday and have his appendix removed. He was on his way back to the hospital just a bit ago when he called to bring his son home, he's being discharged so that's good. But now my patient has to catch up yesterday's work as well as still getting today's done :eek

So, I'm at the office having my coffee and just had a snack. After I'm done here, I'll finish up last nights paperwork which won't take long and then workout. I think I have some phone calls to make, but otherwise will head out of here fairly early today and maybe stop by staples :think

Judy - I hope Sparkie continues to do better today :hug

Joanne - I'm sure your knitting is coming along great and you'll be fine with the purl :yes

Linda - How is your quilt vision coming along?

So, I had so much fun with the mystery ghan last year that of course I'm doing it again this year AND my sister is going to do it too :yes I sent her the link yesterday afternoon (and Maryann) and steph said she thinks she'll give it a try, but I have to help her pick colors :eek I also witheld some information of having to do many squares per clue at times :devil Then she'd say no, but by the time there's a lot, she be invested into it and won't give up :think I don't want it to scare her but I did tell her that she can go at her own pace and that in fact, many people liked to lag last time so they can check out the blog for tips and final product pictures each week :yes

:blah :blah :blah

Happy Friday, everyone. :)

Judy ~ Oh, that's wonderful news about Sparkie! :manyheart I think the Bernat CAL sounds like fun...I read the info. and am wondering how in the world you decide on colors?? :lol

Joanne ~ Congratulations on your knitting progress. :clap

Phyllis ~ Hi! I hope all is well with you. What are you working on? :yarn

Tabby ~ Lots of hugs coming your way. :hug You must be sooo ready! :c9

Linda ~ The quilt colors sound bright and happy. Can't wait to see what you decide to do. I hope you're getting a little "me" time this week. :manyheart

Marisa ~ It sounds like you're close to finishing your graph 'ghan. :cheer Looking forward to pictures. :yes

DD is bringing Luke over about 11:30 and we'll have him until Sunday. Today is supposed to be 70* so we can play outside and go for a wagon ride. :) Off to crochet until they arrive.:hook

Hi, all. I slept well and long last night. That really helps. When I finally got up, I went to Hobby Lobby for needles (yarn, sewing machine, and embroidery) and got a few of the Christmas close-outs too. Then to CVS Pharmacy to pick up mailers and goodies (candy, cookies, nuts, & chex mix.) John just left for a weekend with a bunch of high school buddies in the mountains of Georgia. He'll be back on Sunday so Kim & I will have a girls' weekend.

I think I've narrowed the fabrics down for the quilt. I'll see what Rosie thinks of them before making the final decision and may throw in a few extra just for good measure.

Last night I started a 3 strand ripple scrap afghan for me. I'm not quite half way through the first row. Always the hardest, IMO. I've got a strand each of medium brown, light apple green, and dark green for the beginning. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess. I want to use up a bunch of the partial skeins I've accumulated over the last several years.

Have fun with Luke, Mary.

Judy, I'm so glad that Sparky is better today. Hope that continues.

Marisa, glad to hear that you are continuing to get more new patients. Happy customers make for the best PR there is. You'll be busy, busy before long.

Hugs to everyone. :hug :hug :hug

Hello everyone. I'm back on Dh's computer for a bit.

Judy, glad Sparkie is feeling better.

I had a good day at work today, busy, but not out of control.

I am still thinking about the Bernat CAL, but after last years I am not sure, I still don't like the afghan I made much. (although lots of other people tell me how great it is!)

Oh boy, oh boy.....

I have a new patient tomorrow morning at 11 and one on monday at 1!!! :clap:yay

And my 2nd sign just went up a little bit ago :D

Woo Hoo!!!! :yay :yay :yay

Just finished the second full row of the 3 SUR. Won't make it through the next row without having to change color at least once, probably twice. :lol

Rosie came over and we played with the fabrics for the quilt. (Can't remember if I already told you this.) Pulled out one that I wasn't sure of and substituted a different one for it and then added in two more for use with the small squares. The playing around will really get started when I try to figure what's going where. :D What to put where could get really, really interesting. I'll have to get all the squares cut out first ~ 6 large rectangles, 12 large squares, and 140 or so medium squares. I'll border the large rectangles and squares with black and then the fun will begin. And of course, I have no idea what I'm using for the borders on the thing. :lol :lol :lol I think we will have block off a piece of floor and then get down and play on it. :lol :lol :lol Rosie and I can place squares and Kim can supervise and laugh at us. :lol :lol :lol

My new patient came last night and she was such a sweetheart....reminded me a bit of you, Judy :yesAwwwww....thanks:2blush

Anyways, I still have some of her paperwork to get in the computer and billing to send off. I didn't get home until 8 :eek But that's just because I'm still getting aquainted with entering all the info into the computer system for new patients and having to look stuff up and add other things into the system to cater more to my liking :sigh But, it will pan out in due time :yes I was supposed to have a patient in at 11, but he called to reschedule for Monday since his son had to go to the hospital yesterday and have his appendix removed. He was on his way back to the hospital just a bit ago when he called to bring his son home, he's being discharged so that's good. But now my patient has to catch up yesterday's work as well as still getting today's done :eek

that part is a pain, but like my DS, you'll soon get in a rhythm. He likes doing the billing himself, too, since he feels he can be more precise with the codes ...or something:think

Judy - I hope Sparkie continues to do better today :hug

He limps a bit when he gets up after laying down for a long time, but the swelling is still down a great deal:D

Judy ~ Oh, that's wonderful news about Sparkie! :manyheart I think the Bernat CAL sounds like fun...I read the info. and am wondering how in the world you decide on colors?? :lol

when you go on the link there's a list of the colors they're trying to sell you...it's helpful bcaue one of the pages tells you the percentage of each colorthat will be in the ghan...and the fact that contrast D should be different from the other contrasts, which should go together...

DD is bringing Luke over about 11:30 and we'll have him until Sunday. Today is supposed to be 70* so we can play outside and go for a wagon ride. :) Off to crochet until they arrive.:hook

Aw...I hope you had a great time with the little guy!

Hi, all. I slept well and long last night. That really helps. When I finally got up, I went to Hobby Lobby for needles (yarn, sewing machine, and embroidery) and got a few of the Christmas close-outs too. Then to CVS Pharmacy to pick up mailers and goodies (candy, cookies, nuts, & chex mix.) John just left for a weekend with a bunch of high school buddies in the mountains of Georgia. He'll be back on Sunday so Kim & I will have a girls' weekend.

A good day all around!

Last night I started a 3 strand ripple scrap afghan for me. I'm not quite half way through the first row. Always the hardest, IMO. I've got a strand each of medium brown, light apple green, and dark green for the beginning. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess. I want to use up a bunch of the partial skeins I've accumulated over the last several years.

That should be awesome...and very warm!

Judy, I'm so glad that Sparky is better today. Hope that continues.

So far so good!:)

Judy, glad Sparkie is feeling better.

It's such a relief!:)

I had a good day at work today, busy, but not out of control.That makes the day fly by!

I am still thinking about the Bernat CAL, but after last years I am not sure, I still don't like the afghan I made much. (although lots of other people tell me how great it is!)

I looked at their charts and the explanation of how the colrs should blend...or not...that might help me. I'll see what's in my stash. I Don't want to buy more yarn!

Oh boy, oh boy.....

I have a new patient tomorrow morning at 11 and one on monday at 1!!! :clap:yay

Awesome!!!!!!!!:hug

And my 2nd sign just went up a little bit ago :D

:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

The afghan is definitely taking off now. I'm on row four and have done two color changes. Now working with light apple green, light blue, and medium blue. The next color to be worked in is gold, but not for a while.

Quick stop in

That's awesome about the new patients, Marisa!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Linda- sounds like you and Rosie are having fun with the quilt fabrics and hope you enjoy your girls weekend. The RR sounds great!

Judy- Glad to hear that Sparkie is feeling better!!!! I've got to figure out my yarn that I'm using for the Bernat CAL too--I didn't realize that Contrast D should be different. I'll have to take a look more closely--and then decide on colors- We still have time though!

Mary- Have fun with Luke! I stopped to see GS on the way home--he really perked up my spirits afer a very busy day!! I'm babysitting tomorrow afternoon- can't wait to spend some one on one time with him!

I'm fading fast here so going to call it a night (at least on the computer) and go and hook a bit--on the RR I think- No knitting for me tonight- I'm too tired!

Hi! Just a quick post for now - DH is grilling chicken, Luke is fast asleep and it's been a busy day.

Marisa ~ Wonderful news about the new patients. :cheer It's been great to read about your adventure from the beginning and now to share in the excitement! :yes

Luke loves books, but refused to let me read Goodnight Moon this afternoon. He kept saying "no moon" so we read other books. Tonight before bed, he handed DH Goodnight Moon and pointed out the window...it was dark and okay to read it. :lol DD said he started this about a month ago - we have such a smart grandson. :D;)

Have a good evening, everyone. I'll check in tomorrow. :manyheart

Luke loves books, but refused to let me read Goodnight Moon this afternoon. He kept saying "no moon" so we read other books. Tonight before bed, he handed DH Goodnight Moon and pointed out the window...it was dark and okay to read it. :lol DD said he started this about a month ago - we have such a smart grandson. :D;)

That is sooooo cute.

This ripple is just a regular rectangular ripple afghan, not a RR. But I'm already on row 6 and am liking the color blending so far. And using 3 strands and the huge hook, it's going fast. :D

'morning!!

Sparkie is still good, so "this too, shall pass" as they say:)

The afghan is definitely taking off now. I'm on row four and have done two color changes. Now working with light apple green, light blue, and medium blue. The next color to be worked in is gold, but not for a while.
Awesome...I like multi colors in a ghan...

Judy- Glad to hear that Sparkie is feeling better!!!! I've got to figure out my yarn that I'm using for the Bernat CAL too--I didn't realize that Contrast D should be different. I'll have to take a look more closely--and then decide on colors- We still have time though!

That was the suggestion for the CAL..maybe some of the squares will show more detail with the contrast?:think

It's so amazing what they learn- and how fast they learn it!!

Good morning. Going out for breakfast in a bit and have some errands to run. After that the day is mine! I may decide to do a few loads of laundry, but I might just craft and read the day away.

I vote for the second choice:hook:mug:book

You deserve a real day off!

:yay My patient is filling out her paperwork so I'll be quick....since she already did most from my webpage before coming in.

But I want to say thank you again to all of you. You have been so supportive, which has helped me in getting through the rougher times :hug I appreciate you all being in my life so much :ghug

Oh, I'll have a pic of the graph ghan to share on monday....It's almost done and I'll be finishing it when I head home today.

Kim's on her breathing treatments and I'm about to take my pills and grab a hot cup of tea. I'm on the 6th row of the ripple'ghan. I'm liking the color progression so far. Will have to bring up some more yarn today if I keep working on it, which I think sounds like a fine idea.

Take care everyone. :hug

Glad to hear that Sparky is continuing to do well.

Yay! Another new patient! :cheer :cheer

But I want to say thank you again to all of you. You have been so supportive, which has helped me in getting through the rougher times :hug I appreciate you all being in my life so much :ghug

We're always here for you!:hug

Oh, I'll have a pic of the graph ghan to share on monday....It's almost done and I'll be finishing it when I head home today.

:yay:yay:yay

Marisa- Yay for another new patient (or two or three.......) CAn't wait to see your graphghan- I'm sure it's amazing!!

Cindy- Did you opt to craft and read the day away?

Linda- How's the RR coming along?

Judy- Glad to hear that Sparkie is doing good!!

I worked till noon, then I watched my little GS all afternoon! What a great time we had together --we went for a nice long walk- the weather was beautiful!!! I came home and did a little cleaning- and went through my yarn stash -and now I'm settling in to relax.

My DD had a good time at the baby shower and she said that she didn't get one homemade item and asked if I would mind making her a baby blanket. She said she should have thought to ask me before. Her friend's baby (girl) is due in Feb. So of course I said yes--and just added another project to my list. I may bring yarn for the ghan with me to Boston next weekend and work on it there.

Mary- Hope you are having fun with Luke!!!

Marisa- Yay for another new patient (or two or three.......) CAn't wait to see your graphghan- I'm sure it's amazing!!

Cindy- Did you opt to craft and read the day away?

Linda- How's the RR coming along?

This one is a rectangular ripple, not round, and I'm on row 7 I think now. Will be settling to work on it while watching TV soon.

Judy- Glad to hear that Sparkie is doing good!!

I worked till noon, then I watched my little GS all afternoon! What a great time we had together --we went for a nice long walk- the weather was beautiful!!! I came home and did a little cleaning- and went through my yarn stash -and now I'm settling in to relax.

Sounds like a really nice afternoon.

My DD had a good time at the baby shower and she said that she didn't get one homemade item and asked if I would mind making her a baby blanket. She said she should have thought to ask me before. Her friend's baby (girl) is due in Feb. So of course I said yes--and just added another project to my list. I may bring yarn for the ghan with me to Boston next weekend and work on it there.

Mary- Hope you are having fun with Luke!!!

Hope everyone has a nice evening. :manyheart

Archived