Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Wow Marisa- the Harley ghan is AWESOME!!!!!

Had a very busy day in Paradise with another on tap today. I didn't get home till 7- and missed craft club!:(

Oh, well, this too shall pass...in the meantime--I'll try and keep up here as best I can---

Have a good Tuesday!!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning, peeps!

Wow... lots of pictures of beautiful work being posted the last few days. Way to go ladies!

My most recent creativity was funneled into some decoupage. I bought a couple of $0.97 wood frames from Walmart and covered the fronts of both with decoupage using scrapbook paper and white glue. They turned out pretty neat. Now I just need to get them wrapped up and sent off to their recipients and I'll be done with Christmas presents!

That's great - finished at last!:clap

Had a very busy day in Paradise with another on tap today. I didn't get home till 7- and missed craft club!:(

That's awful:(

Have a great day my friends....:hug:manyheart

Good morning. Yesterday ended up being a day of cut out squares for a bit, rest a bit, do a little for Kim, rest a bit, repeat, for most of the day. I did manage to get all the squares and rectangles cut out, but none of the little black inner borders. Then Rosie came over and we played with the squares for a while and got two of the six blocks planned out. Just 4 more to go.

I'm feeling a bit better today, but plan to take it easy as much as possible. Got in a long good night's sleep which can't help but help.

Oh....

And how did I forget to mention that I had an extra new patient today in addition to the one that was scheduled! So, that was 2 today :clap:yay

Yay!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer You are going to have a full practice before you know it. I'm so very proud of you and your new venture. :hug

Good morning housemates :hi

Thanks again to all of you :hug I have some work to get done here and still have to input my 2 new patients from yesterday into the system. I started but didn't finish since I had already committed to being the one making dinner yesterday so I didn't want to stay as late as I would have otherwise :think So I need to do that, go through the mail, and do the financing before I head out to the bank so I can see how much I need from them this month :think:lol I also have some other errands to run and want to do some laundry tonight. Of course I also hope to get in some hook time too :xfin

Tomorrow night we have tickets to the Pitt/Rutgers basketball game :clap My friend from Philly had gotten them for me, the guy I used to spend quite a bit of time with that coached HS basketball.....anyways he coached one of the current freshmen on the team, who is playing awesome and even got to start recently, but they've become quite close and my friend is like a father figure to this up and coming young star :yes I think my sister is even more excited than me....probably because I knew he was getting tix at some point, just didn't know when :lol

Enough :blah :blah :blah

I worked a little bit on a WIP last night, so that's good. I'm making sunflower squares designed by a fellow viller and am going to join them into an afghan. But, since I never had a plan for the ghan it keeps getting pushed aside when something else presents itself :lol I have 2 complete squares done and the last 2 rounds of the 3rd. Meanwhile over time I've already completed the inner portion of all 20 squares so all that's left is the last color for all of them :yay

Joanne - Sorry you almost missed craft club :hug But, at least you didn't :whew You have a long weekend coming up don't you? You'll be able to get some R&R :hug

Hi House. :manyheart

Hi Faile ~ Your decoupage idea sounds great! I hope all is well with you and your family. :)

Marisa ~ Yay for another new patient! Ooh, the sunflower 'ghan sounds so pretty...a good take-along project, too!

Joanne ~ Those long days are so tiring. :hug I remember working 7 day weeks like that when we had our own company...and I didn't get paid for the first year or so. :eek:lol

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're taking it easy when you can. :yes Good for you for already accomplishing so much on your quilt! :clap

Cindy ~ Enjoy your days off! Is your weather still pleasant enough to be outside?

My happy colors RR is close...maybe another 6 or 7 rows. :hook I need to box up some more scarves to send off, too.

And a rare moment for Gracie and Zoe...maybe they've called a truce. :lol

post-10699-135897725604_thumb.jpg

Hi House. :manyheart

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're taking it easy when you can. :yes Good for you for already accomplishing so much on your quilt! :clap

My happy colors RR is close...maybe another 6 or 7 rows. :hook I need to box up some more scarves to send off, too.

And a rare moment for Gracie and Zoe...maybe they've called a truce. :lol

You're getting close on the RR. :cheer :cheer :cheer Gracie and Zoe look like the best of buddies in that picture. :manyheart

Cindy ~ Enjoy your days off! Is your weather still pleasant enough to be outside?

Its really nice out today, and temperatures are in the 40's. Its nice for walking if you get bundled up. However, dh is working and I have lots to do inside.

Mary, I love the picture of your furbabies!!:c9

Looking forward to seeing a pic of the RR, too:cheer

I had a busy day today - errands, then I had to hem a couple of pairs of pants for hubby...denim and heavy cotton:P

My fingers are feeling it!

Looks like the big TV in the man cave is close to dying so we'll have to check out some new ones before this weekend and football!

Have a good night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Thank you, Ladies. Gracie is such a devil in disguise. :lol

No crocheting today, but hopefully will have some time tomorrow. :yes Of course, I should be filing and sorting through my rather messy desk. :blush

DH is having so much fun with his nook. I told him he couldn't play until he helped me with the dinner dishes. ;)

Have a good night! :manyheart

Good morning!

Love the pic of Gracie and Zoe, Mary! Love that you can now 'bribe' your DH to help out --no Nook until the dishes are done! Love it!!

Don't have time to post individuals- but I will comment on the fact that Marisa is going to the Pitt vs Rutgers game!! Have fun--wonder if it'll be on tv? Of course, I'm rooting for my alma mater to win!!:lol Go Rutgers!!!:cheer

Hope you all have a great day--busy day for me again, and then hair cut/color after work---at least I'll get out on time because I won't miss that appointment!:)

Good morning, my friends.

It started raining last night is supposed to continue off and on for most of the day. Blah!! Got the placement of all the squares for the new quilt figured out yesterday, but have managed to misplace the black inner border material, so am stuck until I either find it or replace it. I suppose I could set up the ironing board and start ironing the pieces so that they lay flat and are ready for sewing, but don't really feel like it. Not sure what I'll work on today, maybe either the ripple scrapghan or the turquoise prayer shawl.

Mary, I love the picture of your furbabies!!:c9

Looking forward to seeing a pic of the RR, too:cheer

I had a busy day today - errands, then I had to hem a couple of pairs of pants for hubby...denim and heavy cotton:P

My fingers are feeling it!

Looks like the big TV in the man cave is close to dying so we'll have to check out some new ones before this weekend and football!

Have a good night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good luck with the TB finding/buying.

Mary, how can you say Gracie is a little devil when she looks so angelic? :think I know! :idea It was a rare moment caught on film. :lol :lol :lol Have a great day.

Hugs to everyone. :hug :hug :hug

Good Morning Ladies,

This is my third attempt this morning. So I'm typing this in wordpad and see if I can keep it then post it. I am not liking this laptop!

Julie, Your cross stitch piece is just beautiful!

Linda, I saw all your lovely projects. Beautiful work as always! Your cross stitch piece is just beautiful! One day a week for you sounds like a great plan. Your qult is going to be gorgeous. Hope your feeling better. Your new ripple colors sound lovely.

Judy, Glad Sparky is feeling better. Have fun shopping for a new tv. Little kids are so much fun.

Marisa, Great news to hear your business is growing. Your graphghan is beautiful!

Mary, Love the pic of Zoe and Gracie. Maybe they were tired out from Luke's visit. Love the story of Luke hididng things in his drawer. Remind me of Payton when he use to do the same thing. I use to say he wanted me to find them so it would remind he was there.

Cindy, Enjoy your time off! I hope your son can fix your computer. I had troubles with mine the other day. I could pull up a web page, but then the computer was freeze. I ended up going back to factory settings and it cleared out history, cookies and things like that. I had to reset my home page. But the computer works much better now. I seen on the weather channel you guys have a storm coming. Be careful!

Faile, A friend of mine decoupaged are wedding invitation. It was a nice gift.

Bailey 4, Hi! Welcome!

I'll be back later! I need to shower and get ready for crafts this morning. Have a good day everyone!

Just a quick good morning :hi

I have so things to get through here and plan on leaving early. I told my sister I'd run to the market for her today and I'd like to get home with time to workout and do a load of laundry (did the sheets last night :) )before we go out tonight. The game starts at 7 and we decided we should leave a bit early in case of traffic and/or parking. Plus we have to stop at will call to pick up our tickets :clap

Joanne - I'll be thinking of you while at the game :D

I hope you all have a wonderful day :hug

I may stop back before heading out, but if not I'll see y'all tomorrow

Hello everyone. I've been to a meeting at work and have run errands. I'm just about to have lunch, and then finish laundry.

Marlene, its 50 degrees and sunny here right now, but there is a winter storm watch in place for Thursday and Friday. (of course I have to work those days!) Ds fixed my laptop in about 10 minutes, after I spent 3 or 4 hours at it. It turns out we have two networks in our house, and my computer was logging into the one that it couldn't identify, so it wouldn't let me on line.

Linda, hope you find that black fabric.

Marisa, have fun at the game.

Well, we ordered a new TV....found a great deal at Sears! We also got a gorgeous, rustic-looking TV table at a furniture store and both will be delivered before the weekend!:clap

So now all will be in place for football!!!!:D:D:D:D

Hi everyone :D I'm Christina and I just stumbled upon this thread. Hope you don't mind a newbie encroaching in your house?

I'm newly engaged and am working on figuring out potential, possible, maybe-kinda-sorta wedding DIY ideas that are currently jumbled in my brain.

Looking forward to chatting!

Well, we ordered a new TV....found a great deal at Sears! We also got a gorgeous, rustic-looking TV table at a furniture store and both will be delivered before the weekend!:clap

So now all will be in place for football!!!!:D:D:D:D

That's great!!!

Hi everyone :D I'm Christina and I just stumbled upon this thread. Hope you don't mind a newbie encroaching in your house?

I'm newly engaged and am working on figuring out potential, possible, maybe-kinda-sorta wedding DIY ideas that are currently jumbled in my brain.

Hi Christina, we are happy to have you here. Congratulations on your engagement. When will the wedding be?

I'm Cindy, I'm married with three grown kids and a son in law, 4 grandsons and I'm bossed around by a Brittany spaniel named Sophie. I'm a part time critical care nurse.

Hi everyone. :) Today was a busy one and I just realized I haven't been here yet!

Welcome Christina! We're glad you're here. :welcome We do lots of talking and sharing...and crocheting, too. :lol Congratulations on your engagement!

Sorry for the short post, but I've been up since 4 and think I'll crash now. Have a good evening. :manyheart

Hi ladies..glad I'm here!

Cindy...no date yet...but the shock is wearing off now so hopefully we'll make some concrete plans soon. (I hope anyway..lol).

And Mary, no worries. I'm up super early every morning and have no business being up this late myself. :)

Heading to bed soon but will check in tomorrow. Again, thank you for the warm welcome!

Good morning friends. It rained again in the night and looks like it could pour at any moment. Everything outside is sopping wet. I saw a robin outside this week and could only think that the poor thing had to be lost. It's way too early for them to be back here.

Hi, Christina! Welcome to the group and congratulations on your engagement. I'm a companion/care giver for Kim, a lady who has had 3 major strokes. I've got 2 grown children and 1 adorable grandson who I don't see nearly often enough. I'm a crocheter, knitter, quilter, and reader. We have two pups, Trouble, a miniature schnouzer, and Princess Sweet Pea, a miniature poodle. John, Kim's husband, calls them the yappers.

Still haven't found the missing black fabric. I think I'll have to buy more. Then I'm sure to find it. Oh, well, it's one of those colors that gets into lots of quilts one way or another, so it won't be wasted.

Worked on the prayer shawl yesterday and reached the halfway point of the back panel. Yay! That means that I have plenty of yarn for the whole thing. I'm using donated yarn that's in much smaller skeins than my normal RHSS so that was a concern.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

'morning, peeps!:)

Welcome to the House, Christina!

Pull up a chair and visit whenever you can!:hook

I'm Judy, a stay at home, married baby boomer with an adult son and 2 very spoiled German shepherds.

Hi, Linda!

It's been pouring all night here...I saw robins a few days ago and also thought they were lost:lol:lol

We haven't had any winter...I want Lucy to experience her first snow!:P

Good morning! We finally have snow falling outside...lol...after the Halloween snowstorm, we've had nothing. Very odd for New England to go this long without a substantial storm.

I saw robins outside the other day too..poor things...hope they flew like h*ll to get out of here before the snow!

Thanks for the warm welcome Linda and Judy!

Archived