Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Cindy, I'm also making a baby blanket using that peek a boo pattern you created... It's so simple yet has such a beautiful look to it! :hook

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear that my 3SUR is getting wider the more I work on it. I know it can't be, but it sure feels like it. Just ran out of the cornmeal and found a light green that I'm going to put in next.

John cooked turkey for supper, so that's what we're having, along with dressing with sweet corn added to it. I know, sounds kind of weird, but it tastes good.

I cleared the dining room table off and laid out the quilt pieces on the black clothe and it looks good. Now to cut the black strips, iron the pieces and start sewing. It will definitely be bright. :lol

Cindy, I'm also making a baby blanket using that peek a boo pattern you created... It's so simple yet has such a beautiful look to it! :hook

That's why I love it so much!:hook

Started a scarf tonight instead of working on the baby blanket, though. Found out my DD's roomie's birthday is next week. She has no idea I'm making it for her! I'm using some Amazing yarn that I brought up with me.

We went out to dinner tonight- early--and it's a favorite place of ours to go to- and they sat us in front of the fire- it was so nice! Now we're in for the night- all cozy and warm and watching the football game. Glad we saw the last 15 minutes of the 49ers/Saints game- It was exciting!

Hello all.

GOOD NEWS: Elijah has flipped!! :cheer Now if he would just come already. :worried

I am really sore, so I haven't done much physically BUT I have crocheted a couple things. :crocheting You'll notice the sweater, hat, & blanket all match.....Hubby picked them. I wasn't thrilled with the sweater because it's a little old fashion & girly for me BUT Hubby loves it. Anywhoo, that's what i've been up to.....hopefully i'll be able to tell you Elijah made an appearance soon. Here's to hoping. :xfin

post-5371-135897726802_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897726813_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897726821_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897726827_thumb.jpg

Wonderful to see your post TAB!!!! That's great that Elijah did 'the flip"--now here's to positive thoughts that he enters the world soon! Love all the crocheted goodness--and how sweet that your hubby is so supportive of your beautiful work!!!!

We had a nice night of watching football, and me crocheting. The game was not very exciting- but being here in Beantown, with the Patriots winning will have the town buzzing- and DD's bosses happy!

Think I'll go pour a cup of coffee and work some more on the scarf.

Judy- I'll be thinking of you when the Giants are on!! Go Big Blue!!!:cheer In my heart I know that they have quite the challenge ahead of them today!

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, it sounds like you're having such a great time! having yarn with you is so nice, too.:c9

Hello all.

GOOD NEWS: Elijah has flipped!! :cheer Now if he would just come already. :worried

Yay!!!!!!!!!

I am really sore, so I haven't done much physically BUT I have crocheted a couple things. :crocheting You'll notice the sweater, hat, & blanket all match.....Hubby picked them. I wasn't thrilled with the sweater because it's a little old fashion & girly for me BUT Hubby loves it. Anywhoo, that's what i've been up to.....hopefully i'll be able to tell you Elijah made an appearance soon. Here's to hoping. :xfin

beautiful work, Tabby! You hubby is so sweet, too...this little guy has so much love waiting for him!

DS is coming over this afternoon for dinner and football. Pot roast is on the menu:)

Later, gators....:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. We have sunshine and blue skies! This is an immediate mood booster for me. John went hunting this morning so maybe we'll have some venison for the freezer yet. He put out corn for the deer yesterday to try to coax them within shooting range.

Hello all.

Hooray!!! I think the outfit is adorable. Love that hubby is so supportive.

Forgot to post this latest pic of my furples...at least I don't think I posted it:think

Looks like Lucy has just about caught up with Sparky in size. It's an adorable picture.

Talked to Rosie and we are going to have a quilting together day tomorrow. To that end I took over the material for the current quilt, cutting stuff, and will take over the sewing machine tomorrow. May well have a picture to show off by the end of the day. Don't figure to get it all together, but should be able to assemble a block or two, maybe more if the spirit moves me.

Have a good night. It's an early bed for me. :hug

The Giants beat Green Bay!!!!:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

Next week: San Francisco!

Hello everyone. Nice sunny day here today, but very cold. We went to church this morning and I am now settling down to an afternoon of crafting and reading.

Sounds like a very peaceful way to spend the day - we just ended our day of screaming and yelling at the refs of the football game:lol:lol

John made it back safe and sound and deerless. :lol :lol

:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

Talked to Rosie and we are going to have a quilting together day tomorrow. To that end I took over the material for the current quilt, cutting stuff, and will take over the sewing machine tomorrow. May well have a picture to show off by the end of the day. Don't figure to get it all together, but should be able to assemble a block or two, maybe more if the spirit moves me.

Have a good night. It's an early bed for me. :hug

That sounds like a fun way to spend the day!

Off I go for the night....:hug:manyheart

Looks like Lucy has just about caught up with Sparky in size. It's an adorable picture.

This gives you a real comparison. She's a couple of inches shorter in height but is nearly as long as Sparkie (who is on the right). At 10 months old!

post-8552-135897726908_thumb.jpg

:cheer:clap:clap:cheer:clap:clap Like Judy said--The Giants beat the Packers!!!!:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay

Great game!!!!!!! So excited:yay:clap:yay:clap

Linda- Your quilting day with Rosie sounds like lots of fun--enjoy yourself!!! So John came home deer-less again- I'm happy the deer are winning- although I know you do like having venison in the freezer!

I finished the scarf and made a cowl and worked on the baby blanket. Lots of:crocheting and football today~:manyheart

Good morning-

Judy- I was so excited about the Giants win, that I forgot to comment on your pic of Sparkie and Lucy- it's a great one!! And my, Lucy sure is getting big!!!

Linda- Enjoy your quilting day today!!

Marlene- How are things with you in TX?

Mary- Did you get to finish your RR (it was a RR you were working on wasn't it?)

Marisa- Did the landlord get your heat fixed? Sure hope so!!

Cindy- Hope you had an enjoyable afternoon yesterday of reading and crafting!

Coffee is ready so off I go--

'morning, peeps!

Wow...the adrenaline was flowing so much last night after the Giant's game that it was hard to get to sleep!:lol

Aww, they look like such good friends. Is Sparkie's leg better?

They are very, very attached to each other...despite the fact that they get jealous if one is getting attention and not the other. She also goes over and eggs him on if he looks too relaxed....and she'll steal his favorite ball (in the sleeping pic above) if given an opportunity.

Just like human children.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sparkie's sprain is gone, tg. He has a permanently gimpy back leg, which he manages just fine, but when the front was sprained it was painful and sad to watch him try and get up and walk with the additional weakness...

We're too mushy about these furples...

Thanks for asking:hug

Joanne, enjoy your day!

I've been working on Cindy's peek a boo baby blanket and realy love the look! The NICU is really going to like it!

Woke up to overcast skies and aching joints. Rats! Will be heading over to Rosie's in just a few. Took most of my stuff over last night, just the machine and my box of assorted stuff to take over today. Took a long, hot shower this morning so I feel more alert. Still extremely short of breath though. Not fun. I'll be really glad when this cold goes away.

This gives you a real comparison. She's a couple of inches shorter in height but is nearly as long as Sparkie (who is on the right). At 10 months old!

She's going to be/is a big girl. But so sweet. You picked a real winner, Judy.

[quote name=judianne;2404735They are very' date=' very attached to each other...despite the fact that they get jealous if one is getting attention and not the other. She also goes over and eggs him on if he looks too relaxed....and she'll steal his favorite ball (in the sleeping pic above) if given an opportunity.

A bit of a devil in an angel disguise. :devil

Just like human children.:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sparkie's sprain is gone, tg. He has a permanently gimpy back leg, which he manages just fine, but when the front was sprained it was painful and sad to watch him try and get up and walk with the additional weakness...

We're too mushy about these furples...:hug

Impossible to be too mushy about furples! They give us unconditional love. :manyheart What more could you ask for? :manyheart

Good Morning. I hope everyone had a good weekend! (Well, with the exception of "deerless" John. :wink)

Congrats to the Giants - they played a fantastic game! :clap DH had a few emails from Wisconsin friends...not happy campers. ;)

Linda ~ Have a great day with Rosie! I hope the achiness subsides soon. :hug

Judy ~ Aww, what a cute picture of the children. :manyheart Your pot roast dinner sounds so good - maybe DH will get that later in the week. :)

Joanne ~ Wow! You're getting lots of crochet time in.:hook Yes, I'm making a child size RR and am on my last color!

Cindy ~ Did you get much more snow? I'll bet the grandkids loved having pancakes for supper! Luke likes waffles now and pokes his fingers in the indentations. :lol

Tabby ~ When do you go back to the doctor? Shall we start the countdown yet? :D

I got a free iPhone when I renewed my AT&T service! :cheer It is sooo much fun and so user friendly...I think I've figured out most everything now.

Time to finish laundry and desk stuff - and then on to the last row of my RR.:crocheting

Archived