Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thank you for all your prayers. They are needed. Things are looking pretty grim right now. Kim is sedated and the respirator is doing the breathing for her. The lungs are in very bad shape. Her aunt and uncle are bringing her mom up from Valdosta and should get here some time between 1:30 and 3:00 this morning depending on how fast they drive, when they left and what kind of weather they run into. Kim is as stable as possible at this point but that's not at a very good level. At least her BP and heart rate are down to more normal levels and the oxygen level is at an okay level for now. Not great, but not horrible. I took John up some food, clothes, his computer, etc. It's going to be a really long night I'm afraid.

:hug:hug:hug Linda- I wish I lived closer to be with you:hug:hug:hug

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for you prayers and your support. I'm cleaning and waiting and praying too. Rosie and John are activating another prayer chain for her, which will make four churches praying. She has been doing so good for the last week and half or so. Chatting up a storm and being super fiesty and funny. I feel so helpless. :cry

Morning ladies

Linda

Thanks for updating us as you get more info. Sounds as if Kim has had a really rough time of it .Hoping she will be strong enough to keep fighting and improve ,and that she didn't have a heart attack too. That would giver her even more to be up against .

We'll all be out here watching for more updates as you get them .

Marlene

Sounds as if you and your husband got into a batch if flu or something .hope your cough goes away . My mother got that one winter a few years back and she coughed for months after all the rest went away .

Your biscuits and gravy sounds good .

Phyllis

Your photos are all nice. Everything is pretty . You do really nice work .

Hi to everyone else . Too early in the morning to have my brain clicked on all the way .Will post more later --

Good morning!

Linda- I can only imagine the anguish and sorrow you are feeling right now and there is nothing I can say that will make it feel any better. Know that you are in my thoughts and that I am praying and that we are all here to offer you whatever moral support and strength that we can.:hug:hug:hug:hug

Julie- I know what you mean about the brain not being on all cylinders at the hour of the morning that you posted--I actually slept 'late' for me, not getting up till 6:40AM and my brain still isn't on all cylinders!

Today is the Giants game and I'm very excited to see if they can pull it off and make it to the SuperBowl! But in light of what Linda is going through and what Kim is going through- this seems kind of irrelevant in the big scheme of things

:hug

Good morning, my friends....

Linda, cleaning keeps hands busy while the mind is so stressed...love and hugs...thoughts and prayers as you wait with John. I hope her family made it up there safely.

Today is the Giants game and I'm very excited to see if they can pull it off and make it to the SuperBowl! But in light of what Linda is going through and what Kim is going through- this seems kind of irrelevant in the big scheme of things

:hug

I often feel that way....but our minds do need some distraction when things become so hard. But Kim's situation, our friend Wendy's loss...these things do put life in perspective.

Already lost my whole post several times, so I'm sending these pic's quick before they disappear.

Such beautiful work, Phyllis...the owl make sme smile so much!

Phyllis ~ Thanks for the pictures! Your work is wonderful...congratulations on getting so much done! :clap

Marlene ~ Feel better soon! :manyheart Love the flannelghan pattern and can't wait to see yours. :yes

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :) I think we're staying in today and being lazy for a change. DH is anxious to go fishing, but the wind is really strong and it's drizzling.

Thank you all so very much. Kim made it through the night. Her aunt, uncle, and mom got to the hospital at 1:00 am and then here about 2:15 am. John and Kim's son is driving in from Oklahoma today and should be here sometime this afternoon. Her vitals are more stable than they were last night and she knew that the family were there last night and squeezed their hands. She has had a major heart attack in addition to having severe aspiration pneumonia in both lungs. I'll know more after being at the hospital. Will keep you all posted.

Love,

Linda

Linda- thank you for giving us an update. Glad to hear that Kim's aunt, uncle and Mom made it to the hospital and that John and Kim's son is on his way!

Judy- You are right in that sometimes we need diversion! The football games will definitely provide that!

Mary- Nothing wrong with a lazy day in my book!!

Marlene- Forgot to comment on your post yesterday! Hope you feel better soon- those nagging coughs can be so tiring! Seems that you are enjoying yourself in Tx, nonetheless!

Lots of finished projects to show. (I need to quit being so lazy and make an effort top post when I finish, instead of waiting so long!)

First up: dishcloths. Some knit granny cloths, (nine always come out lopsided, no matter what I do) The round petal dishcloths are much easier to knit than it would appear, but more interesting to make than just knitting back and forth. The tan colored one is the lacy butterfly cloth, (except mine isn't very lacy, because I knit it so tightly.) The bright blue one is crocheted from this pattern. I posted a couple more knit attempts in the dishcloth thread, but they were not among my best efforts. Still I can always use them myself.

post-6189-135897729552_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897729555_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897729558_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897729563_thumb.jpg

Lots of finished projects to show. (I need to quit being so lazy and make an effort top post when I finish, instead of waiting so long!)

First up: dishcloths. Some knit granny cloths, (nine always come out lopsided, no matter what I do) The round petal dishcloths are much easier to knit than it would appear, but more interesting to make than just knitting back and forth. The tan colored one is the lacy butterfly cloth, (except mine isn't very lacy, because I knit it so tightly.) The bright blue one is crocheted from this pattern. I posted a couple more knit attempts in the dishcloth thread, but they were not among my best efforts. Still I can always use them myself.

Baby sweater, blanket, hat (no pattern) and booties. All items are for the local pregnancy resource center.

And lastly, hat for DD. Pattern is the Cafe Cloche from the Nov/Dec 2011 issue of Crochet today.

Cindy your projects are all lovely.

Just got back from the hospital. The good news is that the heart attack was not as severe as they originally thought. The rest of the news is not so good. They are having a very hard time keeping her BP up enough to pump blood to all her vital organs. Her heart is extremely weak and only functioning at about 10%. Not good. She is still on the respirator and the pneumonia is very bad. They are concerned that her liver and kidneys may shut down, which if also very bad. Her son will get in sometime tonight. We are facing some very hard decisions as to just how much they should do and how far they should go in keeping her alive. I know that John isn't ready to let her go, but it may be the most humane decision once all the family has had a chance to get here and say goodbye. Please keep the prayers coming. :hug

Cindy your projects are all lovely.

Just got back from the hospital. The good news is that the heart attack was not as severe as they originally thought. The rest of the news is not so good. They are having a very hard time keeping her BP up enough to pump blood to all her vital organs. Her heart is extremely weak and only functioning at about 10%. Not good. She is still on the respirator and the pneumonia is very bad. They are concerned that her liver and kidneys may shut down, which if also very bad. Her son will get in sometime tonight. We are facing some very hard decisions as to just how much they should do and how far they should go in keeping her alive. I know that John isn't ready to let her go, but it may be the most humane decision once all the family has had a chance to get here and say goodbye. Please keep the prayers coming. :hug

:hug:hug Thank you, Linda, for continuing to keep us all updated at this difficult time. I will continue to pray for all of you and for the family to make the right decision for Kim. :hug:hug:hug

Hi House. :)

Linda ~ I can only imagine what a rough time you all are having - and again want to send love and hugs. :hug

Cindy ~ Thanks for all the pictures! Everything is wonderful - your baby things are always special. :c9 I've seen the afghan pattern and really like it!

I'm working on one more Shelly scarf to add to a box before I put it in the mail. DH just put a chicken on the rotisserie - our favorite way to cook chicken. :yes

Wow, Cindy

You have done really well to get so many items completed. All very pretty .

Joanne

Getting ready to rumble ? (Football Rumle,that is )

Oh yes!! Giants game just started!!!

Go Giants!!!

Archived