Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Morning, House. :) I was gone most of the day yesterday and have been been catching up this a.m.

Linda ~ With a house full of company, the pets and everything else, I hope you're getting some rest. :manyheart Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way all through the day. :hug

Judy ~ Your baby 'ghan is wonderful! Beautiful color for Cindy's pattern!:clap

Julie ~ I was so glad to read that you've talked to Stephanie...what a special daughter-in-law! How is Mr. Cam? Luke finally called me something. :lol We've all been calling me Grammy and I've always said he can call me whatever he wants to...yesterday on the phone he said "Hi Ammy" very clearly! So I may be his Ammy or that may change. :lol

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, I don't think I really got anything done yesterday :blush:lol But, I think I got the car pretty taken care of :whew It rained all day yesterday and hit the low 60's :eek So all of the snow we got on Friday and Saturday is pretty much melted away. I didn't do any hooking last night and that was just because I didn't feel like it :eek I've been having a headache for a few days now, but can get relief with zyrtec so I think it's this weather :think But then I was also getting some cramps last night and I just felt like laying around :lol So, that's just what I did :yes Oh, so what I did do in the spur of a moment decision was to reactivate my match.com profile from years ago :eek We shall see if anything comes of it :lol What was I thinking is the question :think

Julie - You're right, all of the insurances are different. Most of them do not need a referral now, but there are some that still do. I'm still trying to get my billing right for them though and need to call on one since it's an out of area (a blue cross from another state) but they told me to send the bills to my local one, but then my local one denies the claim because they do have her on file :think So I have to call and speak with someone to get to the bottom of it :sigh I think Sam has a right to be concerned. My best advice is to talk with your dr and ask her ALL your questions (write them down ahead of time so you don't forget any) and find out why she treated you the way she did. Even though the results may not be what she hoped for, she may be justified in her decisions for doing what she did....but only she can explain her reasonings. You never know how someone with react/respond to a treatment so what may be great for one person, can be life threatening for another. And then go from there, whether you're comfortable with her answers and explanations (or not) and feel that everything makes sense after hearing all of that (or not)....then you can make the best decision for yourself and your healthcare. Understanding and communication is the key to anything for sure. (If that makes sense? - :lol I say that to my patients all the time when I explain something )

Linda - Glad to hear that all of Kim's family is now there, I'm continuing good thoughts and prayers for her and all of you :hug :hug :hug How is she doing today?

Amy - Good luck with the doggie sweater and booties :lol I might be making a blanket for a friend's cat :shrug He always wants to be on the ghan I just gave as a birthday gift so they keep it hidden when they're not home :lol Maybe if Murray has his own.... :think

Tab - Be very careful there young lady!!!! :soap

Judy - I think to say the weather is weird might be an understatement :lol:think I love reading romance stories, they're easy reads :yes I've been thinking about saltines too, even though I'm not fond of them...but I have alot of small amounts of yarn laying around.

Cindy - I hope work goes quickly for you today, drive safely to your parents and we'll 'see' you when you get there :hug How are they doing?

Joanne - Thanks chickadee :wink Sorry to hear you missed craft club last night :hug

Marlene - Be careful with all that ice! :hug

Mary - I guess Luke can't quite figure out the 'Gr' part yet :think:lol

I'll check back later.

Sorry - the phone kept ringing and I was afraid I'd lose my post. :)

Tabby ~ You know there are several of us old enough to be your mother here. :wink We insist on your getting some rest and putting your feet up once in a while. :D How is little bit doing? :c9

Marlene ~ What colors are you using for the flannelghan? I'm glad you're getting the car thing worked out. We've had no real winter yet...and not much rain. :( DH and I are talking about going to Port A again in April - after Spring Break and before school is out. :)

Amy ~ I forgot to "introduce" myself. :blush DH and I have been married for 40 years. We have one daughter and son-in-law...and one super cute grandson named Luke, who will be two on March 30th. :manyheart We also have a Cairn Terrier (Gracie) and a crazy cat (Zoe). I hope you already feel at home here. :manyheart

Hi to Marisa, Joanne and anyone I may have missed. Have a great morning.

Judy ~ Your baby 'ghan is wonderful! Beautiful color for Cindy's pattern!:clap

Thanks, and it is a great, soft color for a baby ghan.:yes

Luke finally called me something. :lol We've all been calling me Grammy and I've always said he can call me whatever he wants to...yesterday on the phone he said "Hi Ammy" very clearly! So I may be his Ammy or that may change. :lol

Aw, how cute!!

Hi, Marisa! Good luckk with match.com. Just remember: men aren't always completely truthful on those sites...

I said that so nicely, don't you think?;)

But people do get lucky, so just be yourself and the right person will show up:)

I'm sitting here trying to cool down before taking a shower. I use an old towel, wet, to get the fur off the carpetted stairs, which is what I did this AM...and then mopped a couple of floors. There's something about the sunshine that motivates me:)

Just some dusting left, which can wait till later...

off I go for now...

Aw, how cute!!

Hi, Marisa! Good luckk with match.com. Just remember: men aren't always completely truthful on those sites...

I said that so nicely, don't you think?;)

But people do get lucky, so just be yourself and the right person will show up:)

I'm sitting here trying to cool down before taking a shower. I use an old towel, wet, to get the fur off the carpetted stairs, which is what I did this AM...and then mopped a couple of floors. There's something about the sunshine that motivates me:)

Just some dusting left, which can wait till later...

off I go for now...

Thanks Judy and yep, you did say that VERY nicely :lol They way I figure is that they're not always truthful when you meet them out and about either :shrug We shall see what my lapse of sensible thinking gets me into :rofl

Good morning everyone.

Kim had a good night. They increased her sedation a bit make sure that she rested. Then they back it off a bit during the day while family is here. Some of the family are going back home today at least for a few days, but Kim's mom and son are here until they know for sure that she will make it. The first 48 - 72 hours are crucial and she's halfway between those two numbers and continuing to make progess in teeny, tiny steps. They were able to turn the oxygen from 60% to 50% yesterday which means that her lungs are working better. 20% is the normal oxygen level so she's still got a long way to go, but at least she's heading in the right direction. They've started decreasing another of the blood pressure meds, which is also a good sign. It means that her heart is working better and not as weak as when she first went in. Still a very long way to go, but each tiny advance is cause for celebration.

I am back to taking my full dose of bedtime antidepressant/sleep medicine so I am getting some much needed rest. My concentration is poor, but that's to be expected as a large part of my thoughts and emotions are focussed on Kim.

Hugs to you all. You are a big part of my support network. :hug

Morning gang ( or afternoon I guess it is now )

Amy

It sounds like you are jumping right in with us and fitting in well. That's great ! Hope you are able to figure out a pattern for the pup's booties . I think I've seen someplace online where they have little rainboots and such for dogs. I have never had a dog, but I would think most dogs would try to chew stuff off their feet like that . Maybe it'd depend on the dog .

Jude

sounds like you have a nice EMPTY day planned. Those are some of the best, aren't they ? Peace aqnd quiet, no stress.Do what you want . Perfect .

Linda

Good news about Kim. You are right, any improvement at all is a step in the right direction .

I know it's difficult for you to think about now,but the others are right, try to take good care of yourself so this doesn't get your health riled up .

Mary

Thats a perfect name for a grandma, but any of them are, just whatever they want to name you is ok . Steph is a real gem,thank you for saying that. She won't let me call her my EX DIL, I am not allowed to say that . Things have changed some between us, but I was expecting that .I knew she'd move on in life and find someone else. She is young and beautiful .I'm so very thankful she has never once given us grief about seeing Cam,and she always lets us see him anytime we want,so I'm glad she didnt do the opposite ,which some girls probably do in divorce situations.

She is a medical/dental assistant plus a licensed phlebotomist ,so she has some medical background ,and she worked for my Doc for a few years,so she knows her well .

It's just hard when you LIKE your doc,but you feel that she seems to be slipping a bit ,like being forgetful,making calls on bloodwork that arent right,I have to remind her if I have had a test before and when, I have to tell her what meds I'm on .. I just dont know what has happened . I'm wondering if it could be her age, you know ? She's in her early 50's and if she is like I was during that time, it would explain a lot. I was very catterbrained, couldnt concentrate ,had to leave myself notes for everything,and even had to talk to myself while driving so I'd pay attention. So,sometimes I feel I'm judging her too harshly if that might be the problem.

Marisa

I would have to second what Jude is saying . Too many fruitcakes on places like that . They used to have a radio call-in dating show in our area,back many years ago. I used to love listening to it . The way they played it, a man or lady could call in asking for a date.Then they had 3 people who got to call in and tell the person about themselves.Then the person chose which one they wanted to go out with .The redio guy always told them meet in a public place where it is safe,etc.

According to what all the callers said, we must live in the most beautiful ,handsome ,charming, well endowed ,educated , rich, good listening, sensitive and caring location in the entire world. Oh,and they were all doctors,lawyers,or company presidents. They also all drove brand new cars and took lots of vacations to Tahiti .

Something tells me some of that HAD to be a line of bull. I would guess 99 % of my town couldn't even SPELL Tahiti or find it on a map, let alone go there yearly on vacation .

Not unless there is a Tahiti near Akron .

I'll sound like an old granma, but B E C A R E F U L --

Jules, it started off empty...but once the sun was really up and I saw how things looked downstairs...well, that was the beginning of a hugely busy morning!

I finally took my shower at 11:lol:lol:lol

Linda ~ Thank you for letting us know about Kim's progress. :hug

Marisa ~ Oh, the insurance must be really hard to wade through...I hope you figure it out soon. :manyheart One of DD's close friends had wonderful results from Match.com - they've been married for 6 years and just had their first baby. I'll bet you'll know when you've found the right person. :yes

Julie ~ Love the story about the radio show. :lol Are you feeling better after the change in meds? 'Hope so! :manyheart

I stopped at Michaels on my way home yesterday - definitely needed some retail therapy. I bought Impeccable yarn in Soft Rose and a variegated called Neopolitan. :yarn I think I'll make a "one square" Granny ghan.:think One of DD's friends is actually expecting a girl! :)

Julie, I had to laugh at your take on the dating thing because it shows who looked at your profile and you can see theirs. I automatically 'x' out the lawyers (as far as I'm concerned, lawyer and honest cannot be used in the same sentance :think:lol ) And if they go off on a lot of fancy stuff, they get 'x'ed right out too.

I think I'm more amused at seeing what people put there. I've had the profile in the past when I first moved to Philly, but I always chickened out at the actual meeting part :blush People scare the crap out of me and the thought of going to meet some stranger is quite nerve racking :sigh But, I guess you can be safe about it and lord knows my sister would probably have a group of people at the same spot I was to meet someone :think:rofl If I muster up the courage to actually go that far with it :shrug

Linda - Thanks for the continued updates. Glad to hear that Kim is moving in the right direction even if it's in tiny steps :hug :hug Don't forget to take care of yourself as well :hug

Well, I got some bad news today. Maryann called me earlier to tell me that the doctor/phyiatrist that used to come into our office in Philly every other week passed away yesterday :( Just after I left he had stopped working because he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, so it was really just a matter of time for him and a waiting game. Of course it's bad news, but I'm also happy that he's no longer suffering. He threw me a nice little going away get together before I left too for us all. I called in in mid-December, but he had never gotten back to me :(

Jude

You are such a good housewife . I keep mine clean,but not white glove clean . nothing feels sticky and the floor doesnt crunch when you step on it .

The laundry and dishes are done ,so it's good enough .

Sam really never pays much attention to stuff like that ,which is good . I keep stuff put away and think I am organized until I LOOK for it, then I find i'm NOT quite as organized as I thought .

Mary

I have my days --depends on the day as to how I feel . Some days are ok,others are crappy . I am trying to reduce as many of my meds as possible ,so can only do one at a time,and at a slow pace .

I also find that the more worried and upset I get,the worse I feel,so I have been trying to think about other stuff as much as possible .

Marisa

Yes, I trust your judgement of course, You'll have to pardon me for sounding like an old lady mom . I worry about stuff like that when you hear things on the news about people hooking up with someone online .

People don't scare me in the least as far as just talking to them . I will YAK to anyone with EARS,and even if they don't have ears, I'd still YAK .

I tend to overtrust people I meet out in public,and store, the roadway, etc.

Sam is constantly telling me DO NOT STOP TO HELP PEOPLE . They will stab you in the gut and steal your car .

I tell him if they need a 19 year old car bad enough to stab me,then it's all theirs .

If he isn't WITH me, I stop and ask people if they need help, give them rides home if they need one, etc .

One of these days I MAY make my final RIDE if I pick up the wrong one, but so far, none have used a weapon on me.

I probably TALK so much, they'd ask me to stop the car EARLY just so they could HIKE in PEACE .

Marisa, that's sad about that doctor passing away - and what is it with the amount of cases of pancreatic cancer??

Jude

You are such a good housewife . I keep mine clean,but not white glove clean . nothing feels sticky and the floor doesnt crunch when you step on it .

The laundry and dishes are done ,so it's good enough .

Sam really never pays much attention to stuff like that ,which is good . I keep stuff put away and think I am organized until I LOOK for it, then I find i'm NOT quite as organized as I thought .

I KNOW I wouldn't be as good about things if I was married to a different type of guy - I've learned to look at things through his eyes (not all the time, though;)) So I keep up pretty well, except for the time consuming projects that I put off, like the stairs or mopping ...:lol

And if I organize my desk, etc - I end up not being able to find things, too!:lol

Hi all...I have such a hard time making it over to this site any more...but I aim to get better.

I'm currently working on the Cathedral Rose Window Afghan and for those of you on Facebook, you might have seen my profile pic of how far I've gotten on it...

Hope everyone is doing well...happy crocheting.

Hi all,

I read all your updates for the day!!!

Linda- I was happy to hear that Kim is continuing to make baby steps. My continued prayers are with all of you.

Marisa- Match.com, huh? Having met you- when the right guy comes along, you'll just know!!! I never had any intentions of getting re-married--I really did like being single (even if it was tough being a single mom) and then I met my DH and we just hit it off and the rest is history. I chucked about the not crocheting last night. I actually came downstairs with the intentions of crocheting, logged on here and posted a few things and the next thing I knew it was 10PM. I never got any crocheting done either- I had fallen asleep in the chair!!!

Mary- or should I say "Ammy"!! that's just too cute! My GS is 6 mos old today--It just seems like yesterday that you were telling us all about Luke being born!!!. I want to be called Grammie too- but whatever Ryan decides to call me is fine by me. I'm going to stop and see him tomorrow night after work. I need some smiles and play time after all the work I've been doing!

Julie- You are very blessed that Steph is still a part of your life and that Cam is also an integral part of your life too. It's very sad when divorces pull the children away from grandparents who are very special people in the lives of the children. I still remember lots of fun things I did with my two grandmas! (Both my grandfathers had passed away before I was born)

Judy- It WAS a great day outside today!!! I can see where you got a touch of spring cleaning fever!!!

LeAna- Glad to hear from you- have fun with the Cathedral Rose Window afghan!

Amy- I made three flannelghans --one for my DH and one for my DD's boyfriend. I also made one for me, but made it using three colors instead of two and like how that came out too. One thing I do differently than the pattern is use HDC instead of DC. It makes a great warm blanket-and my DH uses his ALL the time!

Cindy- Hope you made it safely to your parents!!!

Off for the night- hoping to actually crochet a little and NOT fall asleep in the chair!!!

Looks like most of you have already checked out for the night so I'll leave this for you to wake up to.

Kim: 1) She has made it past the 72 hours mark and her blood pressure is coming up enough that they are again starting to wean her off the second blood pressure med. 2) Her kidneys are working very well today. 3) The blood values that indicate how her liver is functioning are improving which means it's coming back and working better. 4) They started giving her IV nutrition tonight and she is tolerating it well. 5) More of the fluid in the second lung has been absorbed and it is continuing to clear. 6) She is still on the respirator and will probably continue to be on it for at least a couple more days, but they are starting to look forward to her coming off it.

If the progress continues her mom will probably go back home to take care of some things at home and then return. And if things continue to improve her son will probably head back home on Sunday. Both of those will depend on the next several days. The heart and lung doctors are both encouraged with her progress so far.

I, on the other hand, am a complete clutz! :blush I was coming into the house from the back yard, which has a very high step. Well my second foot didn't make it all the way up and in and I ended up on the floor flat on my face. I have a banged up left shin, right knee, and right forehead. My glasses got bent all to h*ll and gone. I'll have to take them in to get them adjusted tomorrow as I know my fix isn't all that great. My wrists are stiff and sore but otherwise I'm fine. I'll have some pretty bruises tomorrow. Sigh! :sigh Could have been worse. As soon as the present load of laundry goes into the dryer I'm heading for bed.

Linda~I'm glad Kim is on the road to recovery. :clap Sorry you got banged up :manyheart. I sure hope you heal up quickly. :hug Be safe & try to get some rest.

Elijah is adjusting & doing well. :c9 I am doing well just frustrated at being so uncomfortable & the amount of things that keep going wrong. I never experienced anything like this before. *sigh* I hate feeling so out of control & weak....needing help is not my thing. :angry

Anywhoo, I am off to rest for the night. I hope you all have a great night. :ghug

Good morning!

oh, Linda-:hug--so sorry that you fell and bruised yourself. I hope that you are not too sore today:hug:hug I was glad to read the wonderful update on Kim, though.:)

Tab- How is the edema? Has the swelling gone down any? Hope that the boys are helping you out and that you are getting some rest!!!

Off to get ready for Paradise...Hump Day!!!:yay

Morning folks

Linda

Good to hear of the latest progress on Kim ,but sorry to hear you had a fall . I hope you didnt get hurt any worse and that it will all heal up quickly . Be careful, probably the added intense stress right now isn't very good for you to deal with . A very difficult time,and scarey,playing the waiting game to see how it will all turn out .

Kim sure sounds like a fighter .

Tab

I know you don't like asking for help,but if things are hard for you right now,ask for some. It's not like you are a BAD guy for needing someone to hel you out til you feel better . You may want to call your doc about the leg swelling ,etc if it is still going on . That doesn't sound right ... like something might be off kilter . Do you otherwise feel ok ?

Morning Joanne

Hope your day goes well today. You've had some long ones lately havent you ?

Howdy to everyone else . Gotta get up and get some things done .Will check in later .

Archived