Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Kim is continuing to hang in there. John did not understand how sick Kim was and how poor the prognosis. They won't be seeing him at work until the doctor's say that she is out of the woods. Jonathan is still several hours away, but he's on this side of the Mississippi now. Everything is a delicate juggling act to support her system and not give her too few or too many liquids. She recognized me this time when I was at the hospital and responded to me, which makes me feel much better. She does have a team of very good doctors working with us and keeping us informed each step of the way.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kim is continuing to hang in there. John did not understand how sick Kim was and how poor the prognosis. They won't be seeing him at work until the doctor's say that she is out of the woods. Jonathan is still several hours away, but he's on this side of the Mississippi now. Everything is a delicate juggling act to support her system and not give her too few or too many liquids. She recognized me this time when I was at the hospital and responded to me, which makes me feel much better. She does have a team of very good doctors working with us and keeping us informed each step of the way.

Hugs to all of you....I'm with you in spirit since I can't be there in person:hug:manyheart

Congrats Joanne

Just saw the end of the game . I bet you are so excited ...

That is an understatement!!!:lol I'm super hyped up right now- and it's getting late and I'm going to have a hard time unwinding!!!

Super Bowl Bound!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Quick good morning! It really came too quickly this AM!!!

Cindy- I forgot to comment on how much I like the hat you made for DD!

Linda- I hope that Jonathan made it to town safe and sound. As busy as I'll be today at work, please know you all are in my prayers and thoughts!

Good Morning Ladies,

Linda, Continuing my prayers for Kim, you and the family. :hug:manyheart

Cindy, Lots of nice projects. They all look great as always. The hat for DD is my favorite.

Judy & Joanne, I bet your both super excited with the Giants winning.

We skyped with DD, Maya, and my son last night. Maya read us 4 books.

Hopefully we will skype with Payton and Jocelyn today to.

Have a nice day and I'll be back later.

Good Morning to everyone. I have not posted on this thread but I thought I would. It seems like a lot of fun!! There are so many posts I wont be able to read through all of them so I will just read the last few pages.

Good morning, to you - and welcome! What's your first name?

I'm a married baby boomer with an adult son and 2 very spoiled German shepherds. I crochet and read (a lot), work on cross stitch when in the mood and have tried my hand at knitting (slow and not too pretty:lol).

As you can tell, we do all sorts of projects...and then sometimes we just chat.

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!:hug

Judy & Joanne, I bet your both super excited with the Giants winning.

That's putting it mildly!:lol

We skyped with DD, Maya, and my son last night. Maya read us 4 books.

Hopefully we will skype with Payton and Jocelyn today to.

Have a nice day and I'll be back later.

Oh what fun that must have been!

What a game!!! Giants are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

We were exhausted after the game...DS came over to watch it with us, too!

Good morning, to you - and welcome! What's your first name?

I'm a married baby boomer with an adult son and 2 very spoiled German shepherds. I crochet and read (a lot), work on cross stitch when in the mood and have tried my hand at knitting (slow and not too pretty:lol).

As you can tell, we do all sorts of projects...and then sometimes we just chat.

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!:hug

HI there! I am Amy. I am married with 5 teens. He has three and I have two. They all live with us fulltime. We have two dogs.. one jack russel and one border collie.I am legally blind. I love crocheting. I love reading but most books are too small for my eyes anymore. Audio books are fun.

Thank you all for the congrats. Yes, Elijah made a safe and healthy arrival. :c9 My labor was fast, but the birth was extremely difficult for me. I have never experienced such pain. I was in the hospital for 52 hours due to having a tubal the day after. A rough two days to say the least. :yes

Anywhoo, Elijah Cole was born on January 20, 2012 at 10:16 a.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 ozs. & was 19 3/4". Jaden said his "cheeks are so chubby he could fit nuts in there if he wanted to." :lol

We arrived home yesterday & everyday my pain lessens. :clap

post-5371-135897730021_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897730026_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897730029_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897730033_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the congrats. Yes, Elijah made a safe and healthy arrival. :c9 My labor was fast, but the birth was extremely difficult for me. I have never experienced such pain. I was in the hospital for 52 hours due to having a tubal the day after. A rough two days to say the least. :yes

Anywhoo, Elijah Cole was born on January 20, 2012 at 10:16 a.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 ozs. & was 19 3/4". Jaden said his "cheeks are so chubby he could fit nuts in there if he wanted to." :lol

Congratulations!!!! He is soooo cute!!

:c9 Oh, how wonderful to log in and see baby Elijah! :c9 Tabby, he is just adorable and I'm so glad you are both doing well. :manyheart I hope the pain goes away quickly and that you're able to rest when the baby naps.

HI there! I am Amy. I am married with 5 teens. He has three and I have two. They all live with us fulltime. We have two dogs.. one jack russel and one border collie.I am legally blind. I love crocheting. I love reading but most books are too small for my eyes anymore. Audio books are fun.

Welcome, Amy! :welcome With 5 teenagers and 2 dogs, life must be super busy! Your snuggie is so pretty. :clap We're glad you're here! :manyheart

What a housefull! And knowing about those 2 dog breeds...all I can say is:nworthy for dealing with their energy level...and that of the teenagers:eek

Many ladies here listen to audio books, too. I have a Nook and Kindle - and the fonts can be adjusted up as needed, tg!

Here is my latest project. It is a snuggie.

Great job!:clap

He really is a cutie!!

Rest up when you can and try and get the boys to fetch things for you whenever possible....

Good morning! And it is good even though it's raining buckets. They have been able to discontinue one of the three meds for Kim's BP. YAY! She put out 900 cc of urine this morning, which is more than the two previous days combined. (I know. What a thing to be excited about.) But it means her kidneys are working well again. And one of her lungs is now clear. YAY!!!! Her heart is still extremely weak and she's a long ways from being out of the woods yet, but today they are cautiously optomistic. Jonathan made it to the hospital about 11:00 last night and Kim knew that he was there and squeezed his hand. He will be here until she is out of the woods. He has something like 5 weeks of time off built up, so no problem there. John told his boss that they won't be seeing him at work until Kim is out of the woods, too, and they are being very supportive of him. More family are coming in today.

Good Morning to everyone. I have not posted on this thread but I thought I would. It seems like a lot of fun!! There are so many posts I wont be able to read through all of them so I will just read the last few pages.

Welcome! Kim is the lady I care for. I've been with John and Kim for 7 1/2 years as her companion/care giver and we are family. I have two adult children and one grandchild. I crochet, knit, read, and quilt. This is a wonderful group of ladies and we're happy to have you join us.

Here is my latest project. It is a snuggie.

Beautiful snuggie. :clap :clap

Ouch!!

Cute.

Lovely pictures of Elijah. Glad he's here and you are both doing well. :hug

Thank you all for all of your prayers and support.

Archived