A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

Finally I can show a link to the Pattern that I will be working on, I didn't think to go through Raverly LOL

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rubys-pineapple-medley

Donna your right it look almost similar to your pattern. LOL Thanks for reminding me that Raverly has patterns. LOL

This is Donna's pattern:

Edited to add: I really liked Ruby's Pinapple and Diamond Medley too. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...nd-centerpiece

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure when I can actually start this, but I picked this doily out of "Extra-Special Doilies" from Leisure Arts...

[ATTACH]35024[/ATTACH]

I love the way this look, very nice.

Wow, I have been wanting to do one of these for a while now. I have a pound of love in baby blue I think I will use. And I printed of a bunch of doily patterns a while back that I planned on doing but never got around too. I will post the pattern when I decide which one I want to do. This will be fun!

Sarah, that's really pretty, and I like the color. I have a bunch of that too in my stash, and now I know what to do with it eventually.

I started mine at work on my supper break last night. I got to, I think, row 7, the dc 1/ch 1 row, counted and was one short. It looks like I accidentally skipped an extra stitch right after the join. Dumb. So I'll frog and carry on after work.

This really is fun. Now I have a whole new group of patterns to start hoarding! And an excuse to buy some Pound of Love lavender for the next one! Yee-ha!

I found the pattern I'm going to use for my first one (notice how I said first one LOL) and plan to start it this weekend ...... working on swap goodies right now :D

The doily pattern I'll be useing is " Diamonds are forever " from The Ultimate Doily Book by American School Of Needlework

I like how it's not too lacy ...... all of my kids like to poke thier toes through holes in afghans :lol Still haven't picked out the yarn yet, but I know where it will be going ... on the back of my upstairs love seat :manyheart

post-141-135897628497_thumb.jpg

I have been wanting to so this for a long time, so I am in. I was trying to choose between the Romantic Pineapples & Ruby's Pineapple & Diamond Centerpiece. I really like the challenging look of the Romantic Pineapples, but am concerned about the middle area being too holey & thats been the problem when I have tried to translate doilies to afghans in the past. Has anyone started the Romantic Pineapples that they can post a pic of? That is my first choice. Pineapples are my favs to crochet-and hearts are just one of my favorite things!! I will probably use a g or h hook...and I might use a pound of Love in ivory for the color...not quite sure yet. Im so excited to get started! So much for not needing anymore WIPS...

I tried using the pineapple pattern I had in my "Pineapples" book - but right off didn't like how holey the middle was.

I'm using the Summer Splendor pattern and LOVE how it's working up. I have Pound of Love in light blue from stash. If it looks okay it'll go to the NICU.

Sarah, your doily-ghan is looking just beautiful.

I went out today and purchased this book.

There are several good possibilities in it, but I think I'm probably going to do the one that looks easiest to me. Its called "Harmony". This book has 18 patterns in it, and several of them look like they would work for baby blankets.

I have two Caron Pounders in lilac that I plan to use for this project.

Hi there everyone, I chose a different pattern last night to work on that will not be to hard for me as my first doily ghan. This is what I started on today, but the yarn that I used "Baby Soft" by Lion Brand is to thin for I'm on round 3 and it's only 2 inches, so I will have to go and get a different weight baby yarn, maybe. This is the pattern that I'm using:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/star-center-doily

Sarah - Oh it's so pretty, Love the color.

There are several good possibilities in it, but I think I'm probably going to do the one that looks easiest to me. Its called "Harmony". This book has 18 patterns in it, and several of them look like they would work for baby blankets.

Thanks Cindy! That looks to be a great book! The one on front is gorgeous. I can't wait to see the lilac, that will be beautiful.

I've finished round 11 and mine measures 12 inches... using an I hook and pound of love yarn.

That's a great book - her patterns are amazing! And lilac...I really need to go back to Michaels and see if they got any new One Pounders in stock! They had nothing on Sunday. I love the lilac.:c9

Hi there everyone, I chose a different pattern last night to work on that will not be to hard for me as my first doily ghan. This is what I started on today, but the yarn that I used "Baby Soft" by Lion Brand is to thin for I'm on round 3 and it's only 2 inches, so I will have to go and get a different weight baby yarn, maybe. This is the pattern that I'm using:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/star-center-doily

Sarah - Oh it's so pretty, Love the color.

The Pound of Love is a better weight for this than the baby yarn - IMO, anyway.

Darn, I guess you'll just have to go shopping:lol:lol

I've started the Double Pineapple. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver in Petal Pink with an H hook. So far I've done 7 rounds and it measures about 9". I'll try to get a picture to post later on.

That's a wonderful, bright pink! Should look great!

I'm doing the summer splendor pattern in Pound of Love, green, with an H hook. Extrapolating from what I have, it looks like it's only going to be about 27-28". I may experiment with an I hook and RH, and see if the holes are too large. I'm afraid they will be. I have some pale plum that was astonishing soft for RH - when it came, I kept looking at the label, not believing it.

I'll save the Pound of Love for a larger pattern. I may want to start with a larger pattern anyway. Back the old drawing board.

Thanks to all who posted sizes - it's helping me zero in on what I need to look for. Between all of us, we'll make this work!

Yay! This is going to be a fun CAL. There are so many pretty patterns! Everybodys choices are beautiful!

Here is how far I am, you can see it is still ruffling a little, I'm hoping it will flatten out. I hope. :P

[ATTACH]35049[/ATTACH]

What is the pattern called again.... Its beautiful! I am still looking for a pattern for a beginner, so I can be successful at my first try at this.

Penny:c9

Well, I'm finding that the pattern I chose is too full of popcorns and clusters to work. I have frogged already but round 6 was full of triple crochet clusters, and by the time I got to round 7, I had 144 SC's in the round which meant that it was rippling quite badly. the end result was just too bulky in the WW yarn. So now I am just making my blanket up as I go along. I don't know if it will work, but I figured it's worth a try. I can always frog it again.

These are so beautiful- all of them! And I did buy some Pound of Love at Michael's since it was on sale.

I'm so tempted to make one of these-I have a step grandson due in July and my first grandchild (sex unknown at this point) due in August.

Can someone recommend an easy one?

Archived