A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is my doily-ghan up till now. I decided to try two colors. Once I get to the edging, I'll switch back to white. I hope to finally finish it soon. I chose to crochet the Romantic Pineapples Doily: http://www.free-crochet.com/detail.html?code=FC00420&cat_id=312.

Can't wait to see it finished! it is beautiful!

Coming out of lurkdom :lurk to let you all know your ghans are absolutely beautiful! Keep making these beauties. It's amazing how a doily pattern can be turned into an afghan. Toodles. Heading back to the land of lurking :lurk

It measures 54 inches across. I finished it at 5 this morning. LOL

OMG!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!! What are your plans for this? Is it a gift or will you be keeping it?

• 1 month later...

:cheerI finished my baby afghan this morning - I lost interest about 3/4 of the way through, but picked it up again and got it done pretty quickly - I seem to do that a lot. I'm glad I finished it! :)

post-8099-135897693679_thumb.jpg

post-8099-135897693683_thumb.jpg

This is worked in Yarn - and not even baby yarn. I used Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" - very soft and easy to work with, worsted weight.

Oh! I am so very in then :cheer I LOVE "I Love This Yarn" too. You guys are so talented and awesome! Love this idea!

OMG!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!! What are your plans for this? Is it a gift or will you be keeping it?

I still have it. I had no plans and then was going to give it to my baby niece. She would not let it go! lol. But the lacy-ness makes it easy to snag the yarn; so it's safely stored in my closet until I find a recipient for it. Do you think it would be a good giveaway? I don't know if there would be any interest for it.

AngelRoseLite, Are you a night crocheter? :D Your doily-ghan is amazing! :clap:clap:clap

Thank you, Apak. As it turns out, I'm a night owl, be it work or crochet. I just put my most recent project down, and it's still early for me -- 2:55 a.m. I have so many plans for later that I figure it's best to rest a while. There are less distractions when everyone is asleep. lol.

:cheerI finished my baby afghan this morning - I lost interest about 3/4 of the way through, but picked it up again and got it done pretty quickly - I seem to do that a lot. I'm glad I finished it! :)

Wow! I love your doily-ghan. They're so much work compared to working repetitive rows, at least for me, but the end result is so worth all the pauses to read the patterns and the counting. I am going to attempt a real doily with Jimbo's interchangeable steel hooks. I'm so excited. I've made doilies before, but I never read a pattern for it. I don't even remember who taught me my fave pattern. Let's see how that goes. Awesome job :clap

jpschabell - beautiful! :clap:clap:clap I understand how you could feel getting bored with it - I'm fighting to finish a curtain made of squares.... :eek - but the final result is so rewarding!

Archived