A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

I hate to say this but I don't think I'm going to get to this doily-ghan any time soon. I sort of volunteered to make a baptism gown and blanket for my cousins and I've never attempted a thread gown before.

I'm going to keeping checking in now and then if it's ok though! :cheer

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished mine, it came out 72" across and used two "one pounders" in cream with a size I hook. Sorry about the pixs they are from a cell phone, I will be donating this to the chemo unit at the hospital.

Absolutely gorgeous! and a wonderful cause too. Beautiful work!

If I would stop falling asleep while doing this at night it would get a lot farther. I keep having to frog what I did before I fell asleep :lol

Double Pineapple, 2/3's done? at least 1/2 :cheer

post-35596-135897643186_thumb.jpg

If I would stop falling asleep while doing this at night it would get a lot farther. I keep having to frog what I did before I fell asleep :lol

Double Pineapple, 2/3's done? at least 1/2 :cheer

that is gorgeous in red!

Very, very nice! I think I've made that doily before.

@ vonnie - just crocheted till you ran out of yarn, huh? Yup - that sounds like you. I got a great chuckle from that this morning. I love your lacework.

I am about 3/4's done with the Summer Splendor doilyghan . I am using a K hook with worsted weight yarn in white, pink, blue , yellow and green. I like the way it's coming out and will put it aside with some baby sweaters I have made already for future babies. I work at an elementary school and between staff, and teachers and my own family and friends there is always someone expecting. This way I am prepared for any future baby gifts.

wendyb532

I definitely want to do that ghan, but I have a long list of crochet projects ahead of it. And there's only 3 crossed off the list so far!

You actually have a list? WOW!

I can see that being incredibly helpful. I tend to keep my list in my head and it is constantly changing. With me being me - I'd write the list and then not be able to find it. lolol

You actually have a list? WOW!

I can see that being incredibly helpful. I tend to keep my list in my head and it is constantly changing. With me being me - I'd write the list and then not be able to find it. lolol

I posted The List on my blog so I could keep track! Then I just update, add, cross off (seems I add more than I cross off... lol)

I did a baby afghan out of "circular baby afghans by Rebecca Leigh" 'purely delightful' I used Bernat softee baby color -baby denim marl. The yarn is blue and white together but my pics all look like it is white. Hope everyone likes. It didn't take me that long to crochet but all the frogging I did would have been done about 5 days sooner lol

post-42217-135897643321_thumb.jpg

post-42217-135897643326_thumb.jpg

post-42217-135897643329_thumb.jpg

I did a baby afghan out of "circular baby afghans by Rebecca Leigh" 'purely delightful' I used Bernat softee baby color -baby denim marl. The yarn is blue and white together but my pics all look like it is white. Hope everyone likes. It didn't take me that long to crochet but all the frogging I did would have been done about 5 days sooner lol

Very pretty!

Braxxi, do keep checking in! :)

Sarah, I saw your 'ghan on your blog...great results. lovely photos, lovely color combo...so sweet!

Popping in to add that I'm starting on round 36 of 39 of the Romantic Pineapples doily-ghan..now it slows down...there's a popcorn heavy round coming up. My bambo (takumi) E (3.5mm) hook got a splinter though, so I had to do some digging to find another E hook. The rosewood one I have is okay, but not as smooth-gliding as my bamboo :( It's looking really good so far though :)

(and for my next ghan, after the rest of my mental list gets caught up :lol:P I have found a "triple pineapple" (Pineapple Royale I think it was called?) in an old Magic Crochet (or was it OldTime Crochet mag...I have a few of each, "folded" around eachother on my table, with "gotta makes" )

I hope I'm not too late to join in.... I just found this crochet-a-long about a week ago. I have the circular baby afghans book, so this inspired me to give one a try. I love all of the pictures that have been posted so far...they're all great! I'm doing mine in white "I Love This Yarn" - here's what I've got so far ~~~

post-8099-135897644183_thumb.jpg

I hope I'm not too late to join in.... I just found this crochet-a-long about a week ago. I have the circular baby afghans book, so this inspired me to give one a try. I love all of the pictures that have been posted so far...they're all great! I'm doing mine in white "I Love This Yarn" - here's what I've got so far ~~~

That is sooo pretty!

I'm using an h not a j. DOn't know what I was thinking about when I posted. A j would have made it bigger. Should have used a J :sigh

Beautiful work. As to hook size, I think it's a trade off, bigger hook, means bigger blanket, but also bigger holes.

I've been watching this thread for awhile now. LOVE all the beautiful ghans you all have been doing. I decided to give it a try too. I am currently working on one myself and will post pictures as I get closer to completion. Great work everybody. Can't wait to see what else everyone comes up with.

Archived