A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

I just had to do pineapples again! love, love, love pineapples! this is the 3rd time I have had a go at a pineapple pattern.....this one is the pink pineapple doiley from ravelry although I went wrong somewhere around row 18 I just sort of winged it and finished it on row 21. this measures 85cm across and is made with aran weight yarn ( think its simular to worsted)

im on the look out for another pattern to attempt! :):hook:hook:hook:hook:hook

Its gorgeous!

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been reading these posts and maybe I missed it but does anyone know approximately how big the Summer Splendor is ?

thanks

ive made mine with dk weight yarn and it works up at aprox 82-85cm across but I think its different depending on what yarn you use xx

I've been reading these posts and maybe I missed it but does anyone know approximately how big the Summer Splendor is ?

thanks

I did my in baby weight which is I believe sport weight? I used the Pound of Love baby yarn and an F hook. I like the look, but it did not end up being anywhere close to being big enough with just the pattern as written. I think using a ww and H or I hook would make a big difference.

Mine ended up being about 20" I believe? I added to the pattern and it ended up being much larger then. I'll see if I kept notes anywhere

Just an example of the difference in yarn sizes. I made a triangle shawl with filet hearts in it a few years ago. The first one I made with Simply Soft and a G hook. The 2nd one I made with Red Heart and an F hook (that was way hard on my hands btw). The Red Heart one came out a little bit bigger.

dk or sport weight is way smaller than 4ply ww. Even the difference between caron pounders and red heart is enough to make a difference even when using the same hook.

It would come out way, way bigger if made with Caron.

beautiful, LavonneK! And I think any mom would love to have a lacy blanket like that for those special occasions (christening blanket maybe?)! (or just to drape over the rocker, the edge of the crib (when empty), or even over the curtain rod :D) Course, that might be just me talking.

I attempted a RR in the book I got for circular baby afghans and......I simply made a mess... lol I'm not sure what I did but when I got to like row 7 and I looked at my progress only half of the circle was rippling like it was supposed to....maybe I read the pattern wrong? or maybe I just didnt know what I was doing. So of course i frogged it all and maybe ill try again tonight or try an easier pattern for my first one. any suggestions?

Penny

All of the ghans are turning out beautiful! I'm hoping to start on mine next week...I have at least one more thing I'd like to get done before Saturday, plus I have to go grocery shopping, bake and frost cupcakes, bake and frost a b-day cake and do a pile of dishes!:lol

I attempted a RR in the book I got for circular baby afghans and......I simply made a mess... lol I'm not sure what I did but when I got to like row 7 and I looked at my progress only half of the circle was rippling like it was supposed to....maybe I read the pattern wrong? or maybe I just didnt know what I was doing. So of course i frogged it all and maybe ill try again tonight or try an easier pattern for my first one. any suggestions?

Penny

:cheerI am well on my way now, I tried this again because I wanted to make this afghan. I am now on Row 15 of 37 and It actually resembles the photo LoL. I will get photos of it tomorrow at some point. AND it is actually FUN....

Penny

Just checkin' in.............

Havent had a chance to get out and get more yarn... so my Doily'ghan sits........ :sigh

Its been a really long couple weeks...... um... mean YEARS!

Anyway... maybe tomorrow.. .I have to take the van into the mechanics after dropping off the boys at school... its acting up.... then on my way to see hubby at the hospital.. maybe I can stop and grab yarn. :think

anyway... keep at it ladies............

there are some awesome looking doily'ghans going on here!

:heart

:mug

HELLLLP!! I started the double pineapple doily shown on ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/double-pineapple-doily and I went back to work on it again yesterday and tried again today, but the site it was on does not come up. It is an old angelfire page and was in an archive of some kind, but it seems to be gone.... waaaaaaaa!!! anyone have any info on how to find the pattern again? I just was working on it Friday night

woohooo!! I found a different link for it..yes I AM printing it this time..

ok can't post that link..but I did find it

I am finally finished. Mine turned out 40 inches in diameter, which is a bit large, but I think it will work. It's self designed and I didn't write out the pattern. I had hoped to do a fancy lacy border, but I think it's big enough, (and besides I was getting tired of it!:D) Therefore the very simple scalloped border. Yarn is Caron Pounder in lilac, and I used an H hook.

post-6189-135897639601_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897639604_thumb.jpg

Archived