A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

How did I miss this CAL?! Is it too late to join? I am designing an exploded lace kaleidoscope afghan that is more or less round (or will be when it's done) and I would love to have some company while I work on it...here's a pic of what I have so far:

post-15073-135897639608_thumb.jpg

I am using RHSS in Claret, Lt. Rasperry, and Petal Pink, I will be adding an additional 12 motifs around what is pictured here, as well as a Claret colored border.

Yes. I know it's a lot of pink...hubby already pointed that out :lol

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heather - yeah, it is busy. I had to look at the larger photo of it. Up closer to it - it is phenomenally gorgeous. Further away it's just a cool blending of shades of pinks. You really can't compare your flower motifs to solid doilies.

Wrennie - how many rounds is the mantilla?

I am finally finished. Mine turned out 40 inches in diameter, which is a bit large, but I think it will work. It's self designed and I didn't write out the pattern. I had hoped to do a fancy lacy border, but I think it's big enough, (and besides I was getting tired of it!:D) Therefore the very simple scalloped border. Yarn is Caron Pounder in lilac, and I used an H hook.

Absolutely outstanding dear!!!

you did GREAT!

:heart

:mug

How did I miss this CAL?! Is it too late to join? I am designing an exploded lace kaleidoscope afghan that is more or less round (or will be when it's done) and I would love to have some company while I work on it...here's a pic of what I have so far:

[ATTACH]36569[/ATTACH]

I am using RHSS in Claret, Lt. Rasperry, and Petal Pink, I will be adding an additional 12 motifs around what is pictured here, as well as a Claret colored border.

Yes. I know it's a lot of pink...hubby already pointed that out :lol

Thats so darn neat! Love it!

:heart

:mug

Heather - yeah, it is busy. I had to look at the larger photo of it. Up closer to it - it is phenomenally gorgeous. Further away it's just a cool blending of shades of pinks. You really can't compare your flower motifs to solid doilies.

You're right - I think it's a bit busy, and it's not really a doily-ghan. I intended it to be when I began designing - It was supposed to be all one piece that could be crocheted with thread as a doily, or yarn as an afghan. As so frequently happens when I design, it didn't quite go as planned.

Here is the project I just finished this week....this pattern is called Ripples of Joy from the pattern book circular baby afghans. Its not a "doily" so I dont think i can really call it a doily a ghan but I have never made a doily or a round ripple and i wanted to do both, so this I think was a good compromise. It worked up really nice and I finished it in 1 week, so not too bad. Below are some photos. I used the colors I did because I had a full skein of each left over from another baby crib afghan I completed. As usual I bought too much yarn! LoL

Enjoy

Penny:c9

P.S. When you look at the close ups you can see more detail of the center, it looks like a flower....

post-46230-135897640401_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897640405_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897640407_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897640409_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897640411_thumb.jpg

Finished mine, it came out 72" across and used two "one pounders" in cream with a size I hook. Sorry about the pixs they are from a cell phone, I will be donating this to the chemo unit at the hospital.

post-9781-135897641049_thumb.jpg

post-9781-135897641054_thumb.jpg

Finished mine, it came out 72" across and used two "one pounders" in cream with a size I hook. Sorry about the pixs they are from a cell phone, I will be donating this to the chemo unit at the hospital.

Gorgeous!

Archived