A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

These are so beautiful- all of them! And I did buy some Pound of Love at Michael's since it was on sale.

I'm so tempted to make one of these-I have a step grandson due in July and my first grandchild (sex unknown at this point) due in August.

Can someone recommend an easy one?

Joanne, I'm finding the Summer Speandor very easy.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/summer-splendor

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's mine so far. I'm not sure what will come next yet. The color in my picture is really off. Its really light purple.

The way you come up with blanket designs so easily I'm sure you'll come up with a way to make it work!:yes

Indoor lighting never gets true colors with these digital camers...UGH. You would think they would have that figured out!

Thanks Judy!

I like the way it looks. What size hook are you using?

Cindy- I like how yours is turning out! And I can visualize the color (I love the lilac Caron Pounders)

Using an I hook. The Pound of Love recommends a J but that would be too loose for this. You might want to try an H hook if your tension is as loose as it usually is;)

Just a thought.:)

Everyone patterns is so pretty, I have to go shopping tomorrow and then I will make a final decision on my pattern. I think Pound of Love is on sale this week at AC Moore. There was an error in the pattern in round 4 that I was trying out , so I probably will not be dealing with that one. I see Judy posted an easy pattern which I might think about also.

Cindy - that is a nice Doily book, have fun.

Night everyone :manyheart

Using an I hook. The Pound of Love recommends a J but that would be too loose for this. You might want to try an H hook if your tension is as loose as it usually is;)

Just a thought.:)

An H hook it will be for me- since I am a Loosy Goosy!!!:lol

I tried using the pineapple pattern I had in my "Pineapples" book - but right off didn't like how holey the middle was.

I'm using the Summer Splendor pattern and LOVE how it's working up. I have Pound of Love in light blue from stash. If it looks okay it'll go to the NICU.

What size hook did you go with? I'm using a G hook with pound of love yarn and I know this is not going to be big enough. I will be posting a pic in a few minutes

I'm doing the summer splendor pattern in Pound of Love, green, with an H hook. Extrapolating from what I have, it looks like it's only going to be about 27-28". I may experiment with an I hook and RH, and see if the holes are too large. I'm afraid they will be. I have some pale plum that was astonishing soft for RH - when it came, I kept looking at the label, not believing it.

I worried about the same with this pattern. I even went down to the G hook. Holes are smaller..but the whole thing is going to be too small, but it sure is pretty!

Lovely progress pics ladies and some beautiful patterns being shown too :)

I still have to decide which I want to make but I've decided which yarn it will be,its JC Brett "Aran" acrylic/wool mix in purple, most likely with a 5.5mm hook :hook

I need to go through my books and make my mind up so I can get cracking :D

Mary- It's looking great!

I got as far as printing out the pattern for the Summer Splendor! And then sleep was calling my name- LOL

So, I've got the yarn, the hook and the pattern----now to find the time!!!

The way you come up with blanket designs so easily I'm sure you'll come up with a way to make it work!:yes

Indoor lighting never gets true colors with these digital camers...UGH. You would think they would have that figured out!

Thanks Judy!

I like the way it looks. What size hook are you using?

Cindy- I like how yours is turning out! And I can visualize the color (I love the lilac Caron Pounders)

Cindy, it is turning out so pretty!

Thanks!

What size hook did you go with? I'm using a G hook with pound of love yarn and I know this is not going to be big enough. I will be posting a pic in a few minutes

Using an I hook - the holes aren't too big. I thought of going lower in hook size, but decided it draped better with the I.

Picked my doily I think I want to use this one by Cylinda Matthews http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/misc16.html You have to scroll down to see the complete doily
Very pretty - I printed it out:hook

An H hook it will be for me- since I am a Loosy Goosy!!!:lol

:lol:lol:lol:lol;)

part way through round 17 of 26.

Pretty!!:cheer

that Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies book? I sooo want a copy! :drool I found a cute doily on CPC, but when I looked at the finished size, it was only 8.5"...inspite of being 28 rounds.--very solid...lots of textural interest. Maybe if I go WW and I hook, it will look okay. Better check my stash and do a gauge round. :D

(so much for :lurk... :blushl)

I decided I would try the double pineapple pattern. Since it was 36 rounds, I dropped down to a G hook with Pound of Love. I only got three rows done last night so it's too early to tell, but maybe I'll be able to work on it tonight and see how it goes. I'm thinking with some of the smaller one it would probably be possible to add rows to enlarge them - but not until I've done a few to get a feel for the way doily patterns work.

I'm loving seeing all the progress pics. Everything's looking great. Maybe I'll have one after the weekend, but I'm working through Sunday so it will be a little here and a little there.

that Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies book? I sooo want a copy! :drool I found a cute doily on CPC, but when I looked at the finished size, it was only 8.5"...inspite of being 28 rounds.--very solid...lots of textural interest. Maybe if I go WW and I hook, it will look okay. Better check my stash and do a gauge round. :D

(so much for :lurk... :blushl)

yah know yah wanna! :lol

:cheer Welcome!

yep, I do know I wanna. and a friend of mine is having baby #5, girl #2, so I do wanna make a blanket for her...this is a good excuse!

I did a swatch test on that 8.5" doily...and even with an I hook, it's going to be between 24-27" across...really too small for a baby blanket--it wouldn't get used long enough! (especially since she has a tendency to make big babies, KWIM)

Good for a preemie though...for those who may want to use it for that, here's the linky: http://pandacrochet.8m.com/trish.html

maybe I should fix the ink in my printer and just go with the romantic pineapples. Or maybe I should go through my pile of old mags and find something...or maybe...LOL

Picked my doily I think I want to use this one by Cylinda Matthews http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/misc16.html You have to scroll down to see the complete doily

Hi there I hope you don't mind that I do this doily pattern with you. All those that I tried today I couldn't understand the doily lingo. I'm using Pound of Love in Pastel Green and a 5.00mm hook. So far I'm finding it easy and I'm loving the pattern, thank you for finding it. :hug

Archived